The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

That's what I want to do is encourage. Too many horror stories in these threads. We all need to read positive stories, otherwise coming here just makes us worse. And yes, I did a daily micro taper (DMT). Check out my signature.

What dose are you at now, OL? I can't really glean that from your signature.

I can't agree more on the scarey posts, so I try to avoid them, unless I feel I really can help someone.  Sorry about not editing my signature but I messed up just a bit on first taper, misread an amount because I was trying to make 3 or 4 days ahead just in the journal, and eye-balled the wrong number so here's how it's gone:

averaged 7 pills and got .169  That was my who 1 mg weight btw.  So then I had to take out the 11.2 you gave me which I know was right.  Also, I decided to go from weight of pill to start with, and deduct my taper each day.  I honestly don't know which would have been easier such as taking .888 mg and deducting from that.

After putting in the 11.2, I added another .003 to that.  I dare not get too into number hfh, but wanted to answer you as best I can.  So now, with a whole 1 mg pill I have to shave off a lot and there sure is a trick to getting more than crumbled pill parts for the scale.  So yesterday I came up with .154 of a dose where I was using .003 plus the previous amount.  Today's I decided to just go .001, feel safer starting with that so all I have to do is subtract that each day from newest amount.  Today was .153 mg.  I feel I can keep doing this each day, unless, I get something weird come over me as far as wd sxs.

I hope this all makes some sense.  I just have horrible problems with my brain as I can read something, totally "get it" but then the next time I try to follow that direction, I get lost again. Second guessing myself etc.  I think practice will help me a lot, and the new pill cutter I am going down to pharmacy to buy :)

Hey OL,

I'm so glad you found a way to taper that you feel comfortable with. I really get what you mean about understanding something the first time when you read it but not following it the second time. I had a person recommend I change my dosing from twice a day to three times a day because I was having interdose WD even dosing twice a day. It took me over a month to figure out what he was saying and I reread it so many times, lol, finally one day it just clicked. Every day is an adventure :D

HRH I'm so excited that you are finished with your taper and are doing fairly well. I hope the reaming sxs will fade away soon!

I'm doing pretty well all things considered. I'm doing a snail slow taper. I still have to hold every six weeks currently but recently my WD sxs haven't been as bad. I'm hoping that maybe I won't have to do my hold every six weeks but only time will tell. Every day is one day closer to being off this stuff!!

Hugs and healing  ;D

T

Hey OL,

I'm so glad you found a way to taper that you feel comfortable with. I really get what you mean about understanding something the first time when you read it but not following it the second time. I had a person recommend I change my dosing from twice a day to three times a day because I was having interdose WD even dosing twice a day. It took me over a month to figure out what he was saying and I reread it so many times, lol, finally one day it just clicked. Every day is an adventure :D

HRH I'm so excited that you are finished with your taper and are doing fairly well. I hope the reaming sxs will fade away soon!

I'm doing pretty well all things considered. I'm doing a snail slow taper. I still have to hold every six weeks currently but recently my WD sxs haven't been as bad. I'm hoping that maybe I won't have to do my hold every six weeks but only time will tell. Every day is one day closer to being off this stuff!!

Hugs and healing  ;D

T

Thank you T,  I think you're pretty amazing to keep up with your 3 doses a day, and I appreciate you coming back to help us newbies  :smitten: Denise

I hope this all makes some sense.  I just have horrible problems with my brain as I can read something, totally "get it" but then the next time I try to follow that direction, I get lost again. Second guessing myself etc.  I think practice will help me a lot, and the new pill cutter I am going down to pharmacy to buy :)

I recommend this pill splitter from Amazon: https://a.co/d/9vQaicA. It is 1000% better than the competition. Get it, and you'll be happy you did.

Thanks for explaining your taper. Just make sure you're not exceeding 5 to 10% every two to four weeks, unless you're able to tolerate it.

Thank you all for your kind words. Keep tapering, and you'll be where I am too soon.

I recommend this pill splitter from Amazon: https://a.co/d/9vQaicA. It is 1000% better than the competition. Get it, and you'll be happy you did.

Thanks for explaining your taper. Just make sure you're not exceeding 5 to 10% every two to four weeks, unless you're able to tolerate it.

Thank you all for your kind words. Keep tapering, and you'll be where I am too soon.

Can't thank you enough, as I just brought home and tried the one the pharmacist said would work, it crumbled my pill, although I don't have a score on these :( plus I thought I saw a little "catch all" below but it was just garbage as a pill-cutter. If I will be careful not to go over maybe .003 at the most for now.  If my one marble is working today, that just makes just 3%?  I somehow got to my .153 weight of dose today.  Was sure I heard a crowd break out in applause and cheering when that happened  :laugh:

Got it ordered HFH!!  It looks good and I saw the video on it.  If you only had a budget of $100 dollars, what scale would you choose if you don't mind me asking.  I'm just not seeing anything under 50 that gets that good of a review  :(  Since this is my life, I need to loosin the purse strings  :thumbsup:

Hey OL,

Hugs and healing  ;D

T

Thank you T,  I think you're pretty amazing to keep up with your 3 doses a day, and I appreciate you coming back to help us newbies  :smitten: Denise

Well thank you OL.

The dosing three times a day isn't too hard with the liquid. Unfortunately it does not lend itself to making a bunch of medication up and just taking a syringe full. I have to make my 1mg solution up and then remove the amount I don't need anymore and then divide the rest into three containers which I then just drink when my alarm goes off. I'm really tired of taking meds three times a day but it's so much better than dealing with the inter dose WD I was having. 

Any help I can offer, even if it's just as a cheerleader, I'm here for it, at least for awhile. I have a lot of stuff coming up this year so we'll see if I can stay consistent.

I'm so excited you were able to get to .153mg. How are you feeling? Hopefully you won't have any issues and can just keep going.

Hugs and healing,

T

Hey OL,

Hugs and healing  ;D

T

Well thank you OL.

The dosing three times a day isn't too hard with the liquid. Unfortunately it does not lend itself to making a bunch of medication up and just taking a syringe full. I have to make my 1mg solution up and then remove the amount I don't need anymore and then divide the rest into three containers which I then just drink when my alarm goes off. I'm really tired of taking meds three times a day but it's so much better than dealing with the inter dose WD I was having. 

Any help I can offer, even if it's just as a cheerleader, I'm here for it, at least for awhile. I have a lot of stuff coming up this year so we'll see if I can stay consistent.

I'm so excited you were able to get to .153mg. How are you feeling? Hopefully you won't have any issues and can just keep going.

Hugs and healing,

T

I so wanted to get a liquid taper goin on but couldn't seem to put it all together, so I went with a dry cut, as you probably know that already ;)  Maybe you also saw that I have a new pill cutter on the way recommended by Hereforhelp :) and also went ahead and bought one of the AWS Gemini 20s because quite a few people I've actually either spoken to here, or saw videos on, seems very popular for a less expensive scale.  The hardest thing I've run into was figuring the numbers as my brain really shorts out  :laugh: at times, and I have to put everything away and veg out for a time.  Then I come back to it again and eventually get it figured out.

The other thing has been the scale, and also a way that is easiest for me to cut, or shave the little 1 mg pill I am dealing with. So I think the AWS may be much more accurate or enough to make me very close to the small dose I want.  I don't no how much 1 digit off, like .003 or .002 would actually make a difference but I'm a bit ocd which doesn't help.  Always trying to be perfect when it's perfectly impossible  ;)

Thank you for the reply as your timing was so good for me.  I was really feeling alone and bored when my little alert went off telling me I had a message on BB, or at least there was someone posting on the club-thread ;) I hope I can return the favor.  Sometimes I'm so busy being selfish, lol, and it helps me so much to get out of self and try to help someone else  :smitten::thumbsup: bye for now, Denise :)

Hey OL,

I would suggest you move down to 0.5-mg tablets at this point. They do have a score line, and they will allow you to get much lower before becoming tiny, unmanageable pieces you can't weigh. You've purchased the scale most people use at that price point, so that's good. I got a lab scale with an extra decimal place using money I was saving up for a new laptop, because I felt like I needed to for my sanity, but plenty of people have used the GEM20 successfully. And that pill splitter will change everything for you! I assume you already have a good metal nail file. Way to get down to .153 mg!

Thanks, Winnie, for the kind words!

Hey OL,

I would suggest you move down to 0.5-mg tablets at this point. They do have a score line, and they will allow you to get much lower before becoming tiny, unmanageable pieces you can't weigh. You've purchased the scale most people use at that price point, so that's good. I got a lab scale with an extra decimal place using money I was saving up for a new laptop, because I felt like I needed to for my sanity, but plenty of people have used the GEM20 successfully. And that pill splitter will change everything for you! I assume you already have a good metal nail file. Way to get down to .153 mg!

Thanks, Winnie, for the kind words!

Yes, I have a Diamond brand file, felt that was best :)  On my next refill I will specifically asked for the scored, but last time I went with .5's my MD wouldn't give me a 30 day supply so I'll have to think about that.  I don't know how much reign he'll give me in my own method of tapering.  It is good info, so much easier to taper a whole .5 so I'll do my best to figure that out, what to say to convince him to let me do it my way ;)  Thank you HFH, always good to hear from you and I hope all is going well for your post-withdrawals, and hopefull lack there of  :smitten::thumbsup: Denise

Hey OL,

Hugs and healing  ;D

T

Well thank you OL.

Hugs and healing,

T

I so wanted to get a liquid taper goin on but couldn't seem to put it all together, so I went with a dry cut, as you probably know that already ;)  Maybe you also saw that I have a new pill cutter on the way recommended by Hereforhelp :) and also went ahead and bought one of the AWS Gemini 20s because quite a few people I've actually either spoken to here, or saw videos on, seems very popular for a less expensive scale.  The hardest thing I've run into was figuring the numbers as my brain really shorts out  :laugh: at times, and I have to put everything away and veg out for a time.  Then I come back to it again and eventually get it figured out.

The other thing has been the scale, and also a way that is easiest for me to cut, or shave the little 1 mg pill I am dealing with. So I think the AWS may be much more accurate or enough to make me very close to the small dose I want.  I don't no how much 1 digit off, like .003 or .002 would actually make a difference but I'm a bit ocd which doesn't help.  Always trying to be perfect when it's perfectly impossible  ;)

Thank you for the reply as your timing was so good for me.  I was really feeling alone and bored when my little alert went off telling me I had a message on BB, or at least there was someone posting on the club-thread ;) I hope I can return the favor.  Sometimes I'm so busy being selfish, lol, and it helps me so much to get out of self and try to help someone else  :smitten::thumbsup: bye for now, Denise :)

Hi OL, I'm glad I was ablet to brighten your day a little :)

I completely understand your brain issues. When I first started my taper I used an excel spreadsheet they had available and I still struggled with it. I was a math major in college too, lol. I'm not as bad as I was back then but I still have days when my brain just doesn't work. Short term memory is really lacking too.

I think being "selfish" right now is fine. You have to take care of yourself. I spend most of my time crocheting while watching shows. It keeps my brain from going to crazy places and allows me to do something for other people. I really struggle with agoraphobia so I can't work and crocheting things for other people helps me feel like I have a purpose. It does keep me off the boards though, lol.

I'm really glad that you have found a method of tapering that makes sense to you and that HFH is giving you so much help.

I won't be on for awhile. I really don't get on the computer on the weekends, that's my hubby's time. On top of that we're going on an overnight trip for our anniversary. He took three days off from work so we'll get a lot of wonderful quality time together. I'm also holding next week which means I will be able to enjoy myself a lot more. I'll be thinking of you though.

Hugs and healing,

T

Hey OL,

Hugs and healing  ;D

T

Well thank you OL.

Hugs and healing,

T

I completely understand your brain issues. When I first started my taper I used an excel spreadsheet they had available and I still struggled with it. I was a math major in college too, lol. I'm not as bad as I was back then but I still have days when my brain just doesn't work. Short term memory is really lacking too.

I think being "selfish" right now is fine. You have to take care of yourself. I spend most of my time crocheting while watching shows. It keeps my brain from going to crazy places and allows me to do something for other people. I really struggle with agoraphobia so I can't work and crocheting things for other people helps me feel like I have a purpose. It does keep me off the boards though, lol.

I'm really glad that you have found a method of tapering that makes sense to you and that HFH is giving you so much help.

I won't be on for awhile. I really don't get on the computer on the weekends, that's my hubby's time. On top of that we're going on an overnight trip for our anniversary. He took three days off from work so we'll get a lot of wonderful quality time together. I'm also holding next week which means I will be able to enjoy myself a lot more. I'll be thinking of you though.

Hugs and healing,

T

Oh that sounds so good, your vacation with hubby  :smitten:  I will miss seeing you, but if I am smart, I'll get out too this weekend.  There's a lovely beach near me and it's at least an hour walk from one end to the other, I can easily do.  Thanks for reminding me I have things I can do right here, it's really up to us isn't it to get out for that fresh air, and see that life is happening outside my apartment,  :laugh:  Wow, what a concept hey ;)  I isolate too much, and get sort of anti-social, but I think that even can serve a very good purpose at times ;)

Glad you can relax on your "hold" time, sounds like you are doing great, and doing something while you're at home, you are creative and I need to find something more than what I do which is mostly computer games  :laugh: but they are pretty good brain exercise, talk to you later, enjoy every minute T, sending hugs, hope and healing your way, Denise  :smitten::thumbsup::hug:

Sounds amazing for both of you. Being able to go on beach walks and having lovely quality time with family. I feel this drug took all those possibilties away from me.

Sounds amazing for both of you. Being able to go on beach walks and having lovely quality time with family. I feel this drug took all those possibilties away from me.

I feel that way sometimes too, I don't get out often, sometimes it's the smallest things I can do that bring me hope and even joy Cocodot.  Don't give up before the miracle, Denise  :smitten::hug:

Hey OL,

Hugs and healing  ;D

T

Well thank you OL.

Hugs and healing,

T

Hugs and healing,

T

Oh that sounds so good, your vacation with hubby  :smitten:  I will miss seeing you, but if I am smart, I'll get out too this weekend.  There's a lovely beach near me and it's at least an hour walk from one end to the other, I can easily do.  Thanks for reminding me I have things I can do right here, it's really up to us isn't it to get out for that fresh air, and see that life is happening outside my apartment,  :laugh:  Wow, what a concept hey ;)  I isolate too much, and get sort of anti-social, but I think that even can serve a very good purpose at times ;)

Glad you can relax on your "hold" time, sounds like you are doing great, and doing something while you're at home, you are creative and I need to find something more than what I do which is mostly computer games  :laugh: but they are pretty good brain exercise, talk to you later, enjoy every minute T, sending hugs, hope and healing your way, Denise  :smitten::thumbsup::hug:

Going for a walk on the beach sounds fabulous. I really struggle with agoraphobia as part of my WD sxs. I can go for walks with my family members but not by myself. We had to say goodbye to our beloved 14 year old German Shephard Mar 16th so I'm not getting out as much. She helped me a lot with the anxiety and agoraphobia. I felt safe with her and so could go for walks with just her. She was my sweet fur baby <3

I have to say, when I was first in WD and it was really really bad, I CT'd from Wellbutrin, most of what I did was play computer games. It was a great distraction. Please don't feel bad about doing what works for you. If it helps you feel better than it's a good thing. I agree that isolating and being anti-social serves a good purpose for us while we're tapering  ;D  In all honesty I play video games with my hubby a lot due to the agoraphobia. It's something we enjoy doing together. I sometimes struggle with feeling like we "should" be doing something else but really my brain needs to not have the stress of being outside so playing games together works right now. Be gentle with yourself :)

I really think you're doing a great job!

Hugs and healing, :smitten:

T

Hi, I'm new here and am not sure this is the proper place to post.  :-\

Please redirect me if it isn't.

So here's the thing...

I got a bad generic in February. After 3 1/2 weeks of withdrawl it dawned on me that it was that generic. I tried another which was available and is no longer. I tried to taper for a month and that was not fun at all.  :'(

I should probably add I also take alprazolam, at bedtime, so it probably could have been much worse. (yes, some doctor along the way made a mistake and am on 2 benzos for sleep.  ::)

I'm at the point of no generic being available except the one that failed. I have spoken to 6 pharmacies today. Either it's that generic or on back-order. I have a week's worth left.

Any suggestions? I have a call into the prescriber and my primary.

So here's the thing...

I got a bad generic in February. After 3 1/2 weeks of withdrawl it dawned on me that it was that generic. I tried another which was available and is no longer. I tried to taper for a month and that was not fun at all.  :'(

I should probably add I also take alprazolam, at bedtime, so it probably could have been much worse. (yes, some doctor along the way made a mistake and am on 2 benzos for sleep.  ::)

I'm at the point of no generic being available except the one that failed. I have spoken to 6 pharmacies today. Either it's that generic or on back-order. I have a week's worth left.

I found a couple of threads about Clonazepam shortages. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=276809.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=268446.0

Hey OL,

Hugs and healing  ;D

T

Well thank you OL.

Hugs and healing,

T

Hugs and healing,

T

Going for a walk on the beach sounds fabulous. I really struggle with agoraphobia as part of my WD sxs. I can go for walks with my family members but not by myself. We had to say goodbye to our beloved 14 year old German Shephard Mar 16th so I'm not getting out as much. She helped me a lot with the anxiety and agoraphobia. I felt safe with her and so could go for walks with just her. She was my sweet fur baby <3

I have to say, when I was first in WD and it was really really bad, I CT'd from Wellbutrin, most of what I did was play computer games. It was a great distraction. Please don't feel bad about doing what works for you. If it helps you feel better than it's a good thing. I agree that isolating and being anti-social serves a good purpose for us while we're tapering  ;D  In all honesty I play video games with my hubby a lot due to the agoraphobia. It's something we enjoy doing together. I sometimes struggle with feeling like we "should" be doing something else but really my brain needs to not have the stress of being outside so playing games together works right now. Be gentle with yourself :)

I really think you're doing a great job!

Hugs and healing, :smitten:

T

Thanks T, I was sorry to hear about your dog  :'(, I lost my girl in 2006 and really have not been able to get another one as she was just too special.  I want a puppy again like she was when I got her.  Nice that you have your hubby and you two enjoy each other's company. I get out and walk, or the gym, errands etc. but how good it feels to get back inside my place.  Some days I do not even open my front door, but I think it's a blessing I have that option as too much socializing gives me pretty bad anxiety, like, a little of that socializing goes a long way  :laugh: 

I saw a newer Cadillac drive by today with "18th birthday" written all over it.  Hah, when I was 18 I had a convertible, older Volkswagen  :laugh::smitten::thumbsup:  Oh well, bet they'll never know how to drive a stick-shift  ;)     

So here's the thing...

Hello Aress, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I’m guessing the generic you got was Clonazepam/Klonopin, what was the brand name, I’ve seen quite a few discussion about generics not working for members.

May I ask, were you in the process of tapering when you got this bad batch and what is your dose?

I’ve seen a few threads about benzo’s being on back order and generic medications, I’ll try to find them but in the meantime, other members may drop by with suggestions.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Ashton Manual symptom list

So here's the thing...

I’m guessing the generic you got was Clonazepam/Klonopin, what was the brand name, I’ve seen quite a few discussion about generics not working for members.

May I ask, were you in the process of tapering when you got this bad batch and what is your dose?

I’ve seen a few threads about benzo’s being on back order and generic medications, I’ll try to find them but in the meantime, other members may drop by with suggestions.

Pamster

Hello Pamster and thank you for the message and welcome!

The generic was Teva and I was not tapering. My dose of clonozepam is .5mg (I also take 1.5 alprazolam, both for sleep). The failure of that batch left me sleeping 2 hour shifts for 3 and a half weeks before it dawned on me what was happening.

I did have a month's worth of another generic in my possession. I spoke to the Dr, went to my full dose for 5 days and slept. Then I began a taper with what I had. And didn't sleep for 3 more weeks. I now know what the withdrawl could be like and it's very sleep deprived and massive neurological sx (twitching, spasms, heightened sensations across the board... I could feel every cell in my body and they weren't happy). I went back to my original dose 3 weeks ago and had my first night of real sleep the night before last.

As for the Teva generic, I called 7 pharmacies and that's all anyone has. Except Walmart who has none as they are back ordered.

The NP I saw last week, to get the pressure off my primary for writing benzos, is refusing to change the script to something else. I had a call into the facility's director as they refused me access to her supervising physician.

I've been asking for months if we could change the K to Valium and avoid the problem with there being a shortage and slim pickings. Those requests have fallen on deaf ears.

Gonna go read the other links. Thank you again!

So here's the thing...

Pamster

The generic was Teva and I was not tapering. My dose of clonozepam is .5mg (I also take 1.5 alprazolam, both for sleep). The failure of that batch left me sleeping 2 hour shifts for 3 and a half weeks before it dawned on me what was happening.

I did have a month's worth of another generic in my possession. I spoke to the Dr, went to my full dose for 5 days and slept. Then I began a taper with what I had. And didn't sleep for 3 more weeks. I now know what the withdrawl could be like and it's very sleep deprived and massive neurological sx (twitching, spasms, heightened sensations across the board... I could feel every cell in my body and they weren't happy). I went back to my original dose 3 weeks ago and had my first night of real sleep the night before last.

As for the Teva generic, I called 7 pharmacies and that's all anyone has. Except Walmart who has none as they are back ordered.

The NP I saw last week, to get the pressure off my primary for writing benzos, is refusing to change the script to something else. I had a call into the facility's director as they refused me access to her supervising physician.

I've been asking for months if we could change the K to Valium and avoid the problem with there being a shortage and slim pickings. Those requests have fallen on deaf ears.

You got a taste of what withdrawal is like alright, I’m sorry you had to go through that.  You may want to consider tapering off of both medications, we’re hearing many members say their doctors are refusing to prescribe anymore, the opioid epidemic has them nervous.  The problem is, many don’t understand a taper must be an individual process, some of us need to go slower because our symptoms are extreme.

Let us know if you need help coming up with a plan. 

So here's the thing...

Pamster

You got a taste of what withdrawal is like alright, I’m sorry you had to go through that.  You may want to consider tapering off of both medications, we’re hearing many members say their doctors are refusing to prescribe anymore, the opioid epidemic has them nervous.  The problem is, many don’t understand a taper must be an individual process, some of us need to go slower because our symptoms are extreme.

Yes, in this state doctors cannot write what they want or what the patient needs. My primary said their hands are tied it is not a medical decision but a legal one that the state made up. :\ He did consult with someone to help with the plan we started as it wasn't working.

I saw this coming and had a plan. However, I can't get the K to do it or anything for that matter. I don't have a plan on how to do this without weaning off the K. I'm less worried about the xanax as I've tapered that before, though, not in a long time.

I do need help coming up with a new plan. I was all in on getting this done; I want out. I rather take herbs and homeopathics, anyway,  and Naturopathy is illegal in NY and NJ (making them incredibly hard to find  ;)).

So here's the thing...

Pamster

Yes, in this state doctors cannot write what they want or what the patient needs. My primary said their hands are tied it is not a medical decision but a legal one that the state made up. :\ He did consult with someone to help with the plan we started as it wasn't working.

I saw this coming and had a plan. However, I can't get the K to do it or anything for that matter. I don't have a plan on how to do this without weaning off the K. I'm less worried about the xanax as I've tapered that before, though, not in a long time.

I do need help coming up with a new plan. I was all in on getting this done; I want out. I rather take herbs and homeopathics, anyway,  and Naturopathy is illegal in NY and NJ (making them incredibly hard to find  ;)).

I’m relieved to hear you saw the writing on the wall, but I’m concerned about the Xanax as well.  I understand you’ve tapered it before but there is a theory called kindling which may apply in your case, it could explain why you reacted so intensely to the generic Klonopin.  Kindling

Your body appears to be dependent on the Klonopin, logically, it must also be dependent on the Xanax, since they’re both benzo’s.  If you’ll start a thread on the direct taper board we can begin to sort this out.

I'm concerned about this too, Aress. If you're having withdrawal symptoms with one benzo, you're going to have it with the other as well. Your body does not see them as different. They both cause the same response in the body, though one is faster-acting and has a shorter half-life, but otherwise, the effect on the body is the same, and it will respond in the same way. I'm sorry you're having trouble finding your generic. That's so frustrating and not what you need as you're trying to get off.