The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Don't concern yourself too much with the how and why. Just know you can be reasonably confident of your cuts if you use an average pill weight for all your calculations.

It sounds like maybe you have the .200 g Solco 1-mg clonazepam tabs? If so, 3/4 of that tablet would weigh .150 g, give or take. Is that correct?

The calculation is simple:

New Dose / Pill Dose * Pill Weight = New Weight

So...

.75 mg / 1.0 mg * .200 g = .150 g

* means multiplication

Wow the scale was right on and I went and ordered another scale that's okay I think the other one is a little bit in bad shape anyway I think I got it at the salvation army or what's his place St Vincent de Paul

Hi Hereforhelp,  I really have never known my brain to be so scattered, but I ran across this reply you gave me and wanted to tell you that when I weigh my C tablet, it comes out .163 (sometimes it fluctuates for a few seconds between .164 and .162).  I did calibrate the scale each time I tried weighing it again. I feel as if I never saw your easy formula before, I simply don't remember it at all but thank you so much.  I wasn't even looking for this subject but here it was.

I don't know if my tablet is a .200 solco though?  Can you tell me how to find out?  I could show you a pic of my tablet and hope that's allowed.  It says 833 on one side, and TEVA on the other. This is it's link w/pic,  I found online https://www.drugs.com/imprints/teva-833-16542.html

Would I need to change the equation do you know?  Any help very much appreciated.  Oh, it is not scored at all like the picture but I think I can request that on my next 30 day supply, thanks again hfh, Denise

PS I tried weighing the 1 mg tablet w/o the little dish that came w/the scale and the pill weighs 0.171. 

Ok Hereforhelp,

I just kept reading it over and over until I think I figured it out for my pills weight.  The scale is just a cheapie I got, a Perphin brand but it's within reason I believe.

Here's what my equation turned out to be:

.75 / 1.0mg * .171 = .128 (new weight)

I know I'm still confusing something that is simple, but I'll keep working on it.  :)

So will you show me how I weigh in at .151 in grams, and how that converts to, or compares to .75 of a mg if it's simple :laugh::thumbsup:

I asked that of Libertas but not answer back yet.  I know, not everyone lives on this forum like I do  :crazy:

I have been dry tapering the whole time, so I can help with this. Your tablet weighs .151 grams? That seems very light for all the clonazepam brands I know. Is that the weight of your cut tablet or a full tablet? And how much med is in each tablet? Are they 0.5-mg tabs or 1-mg tabs?

Also, to answer the previous concern about dry tapering, the individual weights of the tablets don't matter as long as the concentration/density remains fairly uniform. Just because one tablet weighs .170 g and another weighs .165 g, if the concentration of the slurry they were made from was relatively uniform, then you can reasonably cut to the weight you need and expect it to have the same amount of med. This is why we calculate an average pill weight and base every cut on that ideal weight, as it should give the most accurate results, no matter the weight of each pill.

Ok, read this one too as well as the others by libertas and sufferingsixty, again as I think the fog has lifted some since all these replies took place :)

I don't think I answered you on this one, your question, but I suspect now that the .151 had to be my supposed .75 of my 1 mg tablet.  Because now I have my whole 1 mg tablets, and when weighing one of them I got the .171  ;) 

I can actually hear and understand what you said above about "calculate an average pill weight".  More figuring out a "hand written" worksheet for now, just to get me started.  I do have another issue which is I've not been cutting a full .25 amount.  I can only guess it's fluctuated greatly.  I understand now how inaccurate it is to break a C only using my thumbnails.  I'm lucky to survive this long, been over a month possibly 2 since I've been doing that :( I'm pretty sure there's is someone watching over me I can't see but believe He is there.  ::)

Thanks so much for the help I didn't even realize you were giving me hfh  :smitten::idiot:

Edit:  Had to add this as I attempted to cut into a tablet just to see if I could do this and I think I have it, feedback welcome:

My 1 mg pill, cut in half, then other half cut in half which is what I've been doing

Whole pill was average or settling on .171 and adding the basically 3/4 of that 1 mg to the scale, got a good reading pretty much, of .133.

.171 - .133 = .038

My thought or conclusion is that I've been pretty close to cutting just .04 % each dose.  If I have this right, I've been cutting way less that 25 % of that 1 mg.  I hope this makes sense to someone, I really am trying my best to be ready for my next cut  :idiot:

I'm glad you figured it out, SS.

Yeah, that's why I thought you must have Solco when you gave a weight of .151 grams but said you were cutting 25% of your pill. Yes, Teva is your manufacturer, and their pills average .170 grams. So you have that right, but you were not cutting as much as you thought, only about 11.2% of the pill, which gives you a dose of .888 mg clonazepam.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm happy to help.

I just cut, filed, and weighed my last doses ever. I'm beyond excited... I never have to drag this laboratory scale out again. And one day, this will happen for you too!

Yeah, that's why I thought you must have Solco when you gave a weight of .151 grams but said you were cutting 25% of your pill. Yes, Teva is your manufacturer, and their pills average .170 grams. So you have that right, but you were not cutting as much as you thought, only about 11.2% of the pill, which gives you a dose of .888 mg clonazepam.

I just cut, filed, and weighed my last doses ever. I'm beyond excited... I never have to drag this laboratory scale out again. And one day, this will happen for you too!

Oh that is so wonderful and encouraging hfh  :clap::yippee:

Somewhere in my nutty figuring, I saw that 11.2%. I haven't a clue how I got it right at the moment but you've helped me a lot.  Thanks so much for straightening out the numbers for me. 

I did weigh other tablets to make sure I was getting an average.  I know I feel much better having the scale even though it wavers a bit. I do calibrate it before I weigh out another cut pill, and was thinking as I lay there in bed this a.m. the benefit I would have by shaving, with my new nail file I bought, over cutting, as I had a few crumble pretty bad on me.  Also, I have a mortar/pestle to use, brand new, been in my cupboard for a couple years. I don't know how weighing powder will go but I'm game for trying when this little pill gets hard for me to see  :o

I felt good lastnight and usually don't try to do numbers or anything "heavy" for my brain in the evenings, but I got a weeks worth of my tablets cut so I don't have to do it every day.

I have your posts bookmarked on my BB toolbar file so I can refer to them, memorize them I'm hoping, can't thank you enough hfh, and so very happy for you to be jumping off, Denise  ;):thumbsup::smitten:

I just cut, filed, and weighed my last doses ever. I'm beyond excited... I never have to drag this laboratory scale out again.

Thank you for sharing this most excellent news with us, hereforhelp.  Congratulations and well done!  May your post-cessation recovery be both smooth and swift.

This is fantastic news!  Congratulations on all your hard work and perseverance.....

(Just FYI not me asking for help concerting cutting tablets  ;)  )

:thumbsup::)

SS

Way to go HereForHelp!  Congratulations on getting this far in your journey.  I am pulling for you that your jump goes well and for full healing.  God bless you!

Here for Help, Thinking of you and knowing your jump is soon or has already been done!!! Congratulations!  We are all thrilled for you and hoping that you are feeling great.  Let the real healing begin!!!

I jump Friday. Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. It means a lot to me. I am not ashamed to admit I teared up for a bit reading your posts. I am rooting you all on. I'm glad I was able to offer some of you a bit of help and advice with your tapering, just like others did for me. You will get there. Keep hope alive!

Congratulations Hereforhelp!! I'm so excited for you! You really give hope to all of us!

Oreganlady I really hope that you are able to stabilize during the next couple of weeks, or rest if that's what is needed. I hope that you have found the method of tapering that works best for you too! Oh, I wanted to tell you too that my doctor wouldn't allow me to say I was addicted to these meds. He would only talk to me about being dependent on them. There is a difference in that an addict craves the meds and continues to use and increase the dose while someone dependent on the meds will have WD sxs but doesn't crave them. I really like the idea of not being addicted so I thought I'd share my doctors thoughts on that  ;D

I guess I was lucky with the liquid tapering. I started with the "milk", I use coconut milk, method and didn't have any issues. I tried the water method when I had a trip, I was even holding at the time, and I found that my WD sxs really ramped up. I think everyone needs to find the method that works the best for them and we need to support each other no matter what method we choose for tapering.

Thank you all!!! I'm having some windows mixed with some sxs this week, which is encouraging as I get closer to done. I can't wait for the floaty head thing to be gone.

And yes, I meant to comment on the addiction language as well, tntd. The majority of us were never addicted, we are/were physically/physiologically dependent. The media always talk about people being addicted to benzos, whether or not it is true, because the addiction language is provocative and gets people read or watch the story. It is quite unfair to those of us who just took the med as prescribed by our doctor thinking it was safe and that we needed it to solve our problem. The last thing I want to do is take this medicine, but my hand was forced once my body was no longer able to operate without it.

True!! I even asked whether it was habit forming cause I didn't want to take anything like that and they still said it was safe.

HFH - I'm assuming you jumped on Friday!!! Congratulations!!  Thinking of you and all on this forum.  Thanks for being an inspiration!!

Hello everyone,

I've lurked in the K Klub for awhile, but decided that maybe I should post today. Yesterday I had to reinstate on .25mg of Clonazepam after 2 months of being off after I jumped at the end of my taper. I feel like maybe I rushed my taper a little bit. These past two months have been horrible, and I haven't been able to work. I had to decide to either go back on a small dose and be more functional, or risk losing my house that I rent. So I had little choice. I'm so upset that I have to be back on Clonazepam, but didn't know what else to do. I feel defeated, but maybe an extremely slow taper will help? Any support/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

[fc...]

Hello everyone,

I've lurked in the K Klub for awhile, but decided that maybe I should post today. Yesterday I had to reinstate on .25mg of Clonazepam after 2 months of being off after I jumped at the end of my taper. I feel like maybe I rushed my taper a little bit. These past two months have been horrible, and I haven't been able to work. I had to decide to either go back on a small dose and be more functional, or risk losing my house that I rent. So I had little choice. I'm so upset that I have to be back on Clonazepam, but didn't know what else to do. I feel defeated, but maybe an extremely slow taper will help? Any support/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi blue wave,  im doing a super slow taper and it’s the only way I can make any cuts. I’m so sensitive to any tiny cut. I figured since I was taking klon for so long, what’s another year or two. I found people who were very successful at doing slow tapers of K and until today they are still doing well. Look up Rhapsodygirl. Her taper was long and she had minimal symptoms.

Hello everyone,

Hi blue wave,  im doing a super slow taper and it’s the only way I can make any cuts. I’m so sensitive to any tiny cut. I figured since I was taking klon for so long, what’s another year or two. I found people who were very successful at doing slow tapers of K and until today they are still doing well. Look up Rhapsodygirl. Her taper was long and she had minimal symptoms.

Hi Bluewave,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to reinstate but from what you describe it sounds like you did what was right for you.

I'm doing a super slow taper too. I'm super sensitive to even the tiniest of cuts. I have found that going really slow allows me to function while I taper. Even tapering super slow I still have to hold regularly as the symptoms do build up for me. It's doable though and even though it takes longer I'm still able to live my life at the same time.

Are you planning on holding for a bit in order to stabilize?

T

Hello everyone,

I reinstated as well bluewave, 2 1/2 years ago but I didn't know it was called reinstating as I knew nothing about this site, and very little about the drug I'd taken for 35 years.  I popped it like it was a vitamin, and things didn't start going bad with my body for many years, or anything that happened, I never attributed to the C.

Even if I'd known about the benzo wd sxs I believe I would have started the drug again when my doctor agreed.  I just believe it was about timing for me, I wasn't ready to really give it my all, especially the research it myself, finding methods to taper etc.  I'm a firm believer in a slow taper, I'm doing just a .001 each day right now, from my 1 mg C Tablet, just 2 days so far. Having some issues with the scale, I have a tremor and drop things but this time I know I am ready and I want to be free from benzos after learning the alternatives, and especially, the chance for more quality of life.

No one around here is perfect, some of us are starting out, or over, some have jumped off too soon and having a very, hard time, some tapered too fast, some did it slow and steady.  The latter is very encouraging so that's the way I'm going.  I also see folks who need to updose, and hold for a time, everyone is different and we each have to find what works for us the best.  Heck, I've changed my method (or I should say "planning my taper") 3 times now ;) so decided to literally go one day at a time because I have that freedom to change up my BIG plan  :laugh:  but as long as you and I are here, I think we stand the best chance of moving forward.

IMO we haven't failed, we've learned something we needed to know in order to move forward, and make our way as best we can  :smitten::hug: Write me anytime, it is good to make friends we can talk to each day, honestly, and without fear because we have so much in common, Denise

Well, I jumped on Friday, May 5. I had a good afternoon window that day and then nearly a full-day window on Saturday. Things got real Sunday afternoon and have not backed down since, except that I'm still getting my late-evening "windows" before bed, and my sleep is still good. Symptoms have been creeping in sometime during the morning. Some lingering symptoms disappeared upon jumping. I'm now just dealing with intense head symptoms: ache, pressure, and burning; occasional pressure in chest and throat; sporadic fatigue, though it's all felt in my head, especially behind my eyes; and lots of PACs and some short SVTs (palpitations). The "ick" that I felt throughout my taper, however, was gone after jumping. So, no, I don't feel great yet, but I'm still going into work, and I'm encouraged by the windows and love that the taper is over and the weight of managing that and having to continue to put a toxic substance in my body is finally lifted.

I'll try to come on here and provide updates and encouragement periodically. I've been enjoying playing my guitar and piano, singing, my family, and picking blackberries on my afternoon walks.

You CAN do this!

You WILL make it off!

This DOES end!

Well, I jumped on Friday, May 5. I had a good afternoon window that day and then nearly a full-day window on Saturday. Things got real Sunday afternoon and have not backed down since, except that I'm still getting my late-evening "windows" before bed, and my sleep is still good. Symptoms have been creeping in sometime during the morning. Some lingering symptoms disappeared upon jumping. I'm now just dealing with intense head symptoms: ache, pressure, and burning; occasional pressure in chest and throat; sporadic fatigue, though it's all felt in my head, especially behind my eyes; and lots of PACs and some short SVTs (palpitations). The "ick" that I felt throughout my taper, however, was gone after jumping. So, no, I don't feel great yet, but I'm still going into work, and I'm encouraged by the windows and love that the taper is over and the weight of managing that and having to continue to put a toxic substance in my body is finally lifted.

I'll try to come on here and provide updates and encouragement periodically. I've been enjoying playing my guitar and piano, singing, my family, and picking blackberries on my afternoon walks.

You CAN do this!

You WILL make it off!

This DOES end!

I so appreciate your updates hfh, and so very encouraged by your success.  If I remember right, you were on a slow taper which I can't help believe it is the best way, just makes more sense to me.  :smitten::thumbsup: I finally got me next taper started, with the small amounts, decided on .001 mg daily micro.  I know I may need to updose of hold suspect more holds that updose, but who knows til we actually experience a taper method ;)

Denise  :clap:

That's what I want to do is encourage. Too many horror stories in these threads. We all need to read positive stories, otherwise coming here just makes us worse. And yes, I did a daily micro taper (DMT). Check out my signature.

What dose are you at now, OL? I can't really glean that from your signature.