Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

I started hearing about this in the FB Benzo Warrior group just before the FDA announcement, but I didn't know how to post this without causing hysteria. I talked to multiple people who could no longer find Accord, one of whom is not in a big metro area. The supplies have dwindled quickly. This is a big shame. I use Accord, but I have a large reserve. I've been told the plant(s) in India were closed, but I believe, more correctly, that FDA is holding product until improvements are made at these plants or plant. The shortage information given on the FDA website seems to back that up.

Hi hereforhelp,  I also joined a group on FB but I'll look into the Warrior group as well. 

Would you catch me up on what Accord is?  I googled it and just got the car which I don't think is a plant  :laugh:  I'm curious since I am withdrawing (DLMT method) off of Klonopin/Clonazepam.

Thanks for any help ;) Denise

Hi oregonlady,

Sorry that was confusing. Accord is one of the manufacturers of clonazepam, and I was speaking about their (manufacturing) plants/facilities in India.

Glad you're finding some of the groups on FB. I've tried to find support wherever I can, both here and on FB.

I hope your DLMT is going well. I'm doing a dry DMT for only 22 MORE DAYS!!!

Hi oregonlady,

Sorry that was confusing. Accord is one of the manufacturers of clonazepam, and I was speaking about their (manufacturing) plants/facilities in India.

Glad you're finding some of the groups on FB. I've tried to find support wherever I can, both here and on FB.

Wow congrats, here for help! So close! Next cut I will finally be halfway at 0.25 mg. What a misery.

Hi oregonlady,

Hi hfh!!  Yes, I'm doing the same, just found the "groups" this a.m., wonderful, and I just signed up for BW's on FB, maybe see you there :)

I have yet to start my plan (DLMT) on 25th as I had (before BB) cut my dose down to .75 from 1 mg of clonazapam.  Glad we still have time to wean off it, so thank you for letting me know about Accord ;)

If I don't stabilize by 25th though, I will add back in the quarter tablet.  My w/d's haven't been bad enough to warrant that yet, so good so far since I cut my tab on 25th of last month.  It was mentioned that I could even allow a bit more time on .75 to stabilize so good to have options.

Thanks so much for your reply, look forward to being in the group here, and there  ;D

Hi oregonlady,

Wow congrats, here for help! So close! Next cut I will finally be halfway at 0.25 mg. What a misery.

forgot to ask how the DMT is going for both of you?  Mine was crumbling, then I found BB and the Water Titration but curious about just dry cutting, how the withdrawals are going? I was concerned I might not get good measurments and mess up my plan.

Hi oregonlady, for now I have been doing cut and hold. I also have liquid rivotril here in Europe so it's different than the pills. I got my liquid professionally diluted.

Hi oregonlady, for now I have been doing cut and hold. I also have liquid rivotril here in Europe so it's different than the pills. I got my liquid professionally diluted.

That's fabulous you could do that, we don't have the opportunity here, we are too isolated from better clinical/pharmaceutical support.  I'll do fine, but I think the liquid k or clonazapam would have helped a lot. 

Best wishes on your continued progress. I'm new here but experienced very bad results trying it just without enough knowledge.  Gaining much more now that I've found others "of my kind"  :laugh: so to speak, so happy to be here!  :smitten:

That's fabulous you could do that, we don't have the opportunity here, we are too isolated from better clinical/pharmaceutical support.  I'll do fine, but I think the liquid k or clonazapam would have helped a lot. 

Best wishes on your continued progress. I'm new here but experienced very bad results trying it just without enough knowledge.  Gaining much more now that I've found others "of my kind"  :laugh: so to speak, so happy to be here!  :smitten:

You are very sweet. I wish there was more knowledge here and the black box warning on the packages because I had only used 12 days in October as my doctors and therapists had lied to me that it was safe. But I guess there is some advantage to liquid.

I have been having a very rough time trying to get off. It's been devastating for my entire environment.

It looks like small redictions you are making but I'm still new so get mixed up at reading folks signatures.  I think you are doing daily cuts thought if I'm reading it right.  I hope I am going to do better this time than I did on my own cutting a whole 1/4  or my 1 mg pill  :-\:D

It looks like small redictions you are making but I'm still new so get mixed up at reading folks signatures.  I think you are doing daily cuts thought if I'm reading it right.  I hope I am going to do better this time than I did on my own cutting a whole 1/4  or my 1 mg pill  :-\:D

I cut once every two or three weeks. Not daily yet.

Ok, gotcha ;) I am leaving my options open even though I made a "tentative" plan but I will try and listen to my body, I already know it's speaks loud and clear if I'm on the wrong track  ;)

Hello all,

I haven't been on here in quite some time. I see new "faces".

Oregonlady I see that you are going to start a DLMT. I really hope it goes well for you. I tried a DLMT but found I still needed to take regular holds as the WD sxs built up over time. I ended up doing five days of taper and two days of holding for six weeks at which time I take a week off. I found that pattern worked the best for me. I played around with all sorts of different taper rates to find that pattern. I've been doing this now for years. I also found that dissolving my meds in full fat milk, I use coconut milk, worked better than a water taper. I tried the water taper after I had been using the milk taper for years. I just thought it would be easier to carry my meds with me if I had to go somewhere. Yeah, my WD sxs got really bad and I went back to the milk. Just my experience. I did some research and found that clonazepam is lipid soluble so it makes sense it would dissolve better in milk than water. It would make the medication more evenly distributed in the milk as well which would be better for getting steady dose. In any case that was my experience with milk vs water. I did dissolve the K in a tiny bit of alcohol but I noticed it just sat on top of the water when I did that.

I love that you said to listen to your body! It will definitely tell you how it's feeling  ;D

Hello all,

I haven't been on here in quite some time. I see new "faces".

Oregonlady I see that you are going to start a DLMT. I really hope it goes well for you. I tried a DLMT but found I still needed to take regular holds as the WD sxs built up over time. I ended up doing five days of taper and two days of holding for six weeks at which time I take a week off. I found that pattern worked the best for me. I played around with all sorts of different taper rates to find that pattern. I've been doing this now for years. I also found that dissolving my meds in full fat milk, I use coconut milk, worked better than a water taper. I tried the water taper after I had been using the milk taper for years. I just thought it would be easier to carry my meds with me if I had to go somewhere. Yeah, my WD sxs got really bad and I went back to the milk. Just my experience. I did some research and found that clonazepam is lipid soluble so it makes sense it would dissolve better in milk than water. It would make the medication more evenly distributed in the milk as well which would be better for getting steady dose. In any case that was my experience with milk vs water. I did dissolve the K in a tiny bit of alcohol but I noticed it just sat on top of the water when I did that.

I love that you said to listen to your body! It will definitely tell you how it's feeling  ;D

Hi TNTD,

How much were your tapers?  Mine are going to be just 3% and hoping that wd sxs do not multiply on me :( and come out all at once.  I had a dangerous episode while I was out camping, still eating Keto, but had cut my doses by a quarter tablet of 1 mg K.

I woke up at 5 a.m. one morning and yes, I had been having some severe anxiety, OCD stuff, just not being at home sweet home, but my whole left side from head to toe went numb, I mean everything, I could feel my spleen or whatever is all in there.  It felt like a rock being numb like that.  No tests have shown any blockage in my arteries, and no scar tissue so they never called it by any name (doctors) So, bottom line is, I have to tread lightly with this whole thing.  I can't cut a bunch and didn't start out well with cutting a 1/4 tab. but amazingly my sxs have not been bad at all, so far.

Mine should take 10 months if I cut 3% every day but I guess I'll see how things go.  I am concerned about dissolving my tablet, or my pieces that equal .75 of a mg.  Would my Almond Milk work as well do you think? I drink that as creamer, and sometimes just a hot drink with turmeric in it, but not often on the later.  My script is for clonazepam and believe that is just a brand name of Klonopin, I know I asked way back a few years, generic for I guess. 

Glad you are around again, I hadn't found one person so far that was doing a DLMT so I appreciate you being here to share your experience with me and others that I know think a lot about which taper to use.

Hi TNTD,

How much were your tapers?  Mine are going to be just 3% and hoping that wd sxs do not multiply on me :( and come out all at once.  I had a dangerous episode while I was out camping, still eating Keto, but had cut my doses by a quarter tablet of 1 mg K.

I woke up at 5 a.m. one morning and yes, I had been having some severe anxiety, OCD stuff, just not being at home sweet home, but my whole left side from head to toe went numb, I mean everything, I could feel my spleen or whatever is all in there.  It felt like a rock being numb like that.  No tests have shown any blockage in my arteries, and no scar tissue so they never called it by any name (doctors) So, bottom line is, I have to tread lightly with this whole thing.  I can't cut a bunch and didn't start out well with cutting a 1/4 tab. but amazingly my sxs have not been bad at all, so far.

Mine should take 10 months if I cut 3% every day but I guess I'll see how things go.  I am concerned about dissolving my tablet, or my pieces that equal .75 of a mg.  Would my Almond Milk work as well do you think? I drink that as creamer, and sometimes just a hot drink with turmeric in it, but not often on the later.  My script is for clonazepam and believe that is just a brand name of Klonopin, I know I asked way back a few years, generic for I guess. 

Glad you are around again, I hadn't found one person so far that was doing a DLMT so I appreciate you being here to share your experience with me and others that I know think a lot about which taper to use.

Well, I started tapering after a CT from Buproprion so my nervous system is shot. I taper .0007625mg a day for five days then hold for two. I do that for six weeks and then hold for a week. By the time I get to the sixth week my sxs are getting pretty intense. I'm really hoping that eating carnivore/ketovore will help my sxs be less intense and I'll be able to taper longer.

I went and got my taper chart, it says I'm tapering at .18% a day currently. Since I don't change the amount of my taper that percentage is steadily increasing. So far it hasn't caused a problem and I'm hoping it won't as I continue.

Yes, definitely almond milk will work. I used to drink almond milk, and then cashew milk which had almond in it. I developed a horrible almond allergy so had to find a "milk" that didn't have almonds in it. I think it's Silk brank original with no sugar added that I'm using. It is really high fat so it works really well. If I remember right the almond milk also has a good fat content.

When I tried a 3% cut I ended up having horrible withdrawals for months. I even tried a 1% cut thinking it wouldn't be too bad, lol, it was bad...very bad. So I'm going at a snails pace but it allows me to get out and do things which I wouldn't be able to do if I was tapering faster.

I'm sorry to hear about your awful experience while out camping. It's really crazy all the different WD sxs these drugs can give us.

Clonazepam is what I'm using too. I don't think many insurance companies pay for the name brand anymore.

Just a thought, the Ashton Manual recommends not cutting more than 10% at a time. If you are tapering at 3% a day then in just three days you will have tapered 9%. That seems like a lot to me. The DLMT is usually a micro taper. Of course everyone is different and some people can taper much faster than others.

Do you have a chart made up for your taper schedule?

Hi TNTD,

Well, I started tapering after a CT from Buproprion so my nervous system is shot. I taper .0007625mg a day for five days then hold for two. I do that for six weeks and then hold for a week. By the time I get to the sixth week my sxs are getting pretty intense. I'm really hoping that eating carnivore/ketovore will help my sxs be less intense and I'll be able to taper longer.

I went and got my taper chart, it says I'm tapering at .18% a day currently. Since I don't change the amount of my taper that percentage is steadily increasing. So far it hasn't caused a problem and I'm hoping it won't as I continue.

Yes, definitely almond milk will work. I used to drink almond milk, and then cashew milk which had almond in it. I developed a horrible almond allergy so had to find a "milk" that didn't have almonds in it. I think it's Silk brank original with no sugar added that I'm using. It is really high fat so it works really well. If I remember right the almond milk also has a good fat content.

When I tried a 3% cut I ended up having horrible withdrawals for months. I even tried a 1% cut thinking it wouldn't be too bad, lol, it was bad...very bad. So I'm going at a snails pace but it allows me to get out and do things which I wouldn't be able to do if I was tapering faster.

I'm sorry to hear about your awful experience while out camping. It's really crazy all the different WD sxs these drugs can give us.

Clonazepam is what I'm using too. I don't think many insurance companies pay for the name brand anymore.

Just a thought, the Ashton Manual recommends not cutting more than 10% at a time. If you are tapering at 3% a day then in just three days you will have tapered 9%. That seems like a lot to me. The DLMT is usually a micro taper. Of course everyone is different and some people can taper much faster than others.

Yes, I do have a chart but cannot get any up to date info on how to post a pic on here. Do you know how?  I think just giving you a link to my Amazon Photos should work though so I'll try that.  You don't have to have Prime to see my photos ;)

I though 3% was teenie but I didn't figure the total % at end of a month for example.  I'll get the link for you first and I am not even 100% sure I did the "plan" right.  This is just the first few days you'll see because entire 10 months is overkill I think ;) thanks much, Denise :)https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/pVNdphGBRlaXZ-rRMx6Frg.bbLq3UHmygk2CJy0_JtQRQ

Hi TNTD,

Yes, I do have a chart but cannot get any up to date info on how to post a pic on here. Do you know how?  I think just giving you a link to my Amazon Photos should work though so I'll try that.  You don't have to have Prime to see my photos ;)

I though 3% was teenie but I didn't figure the total % at end of a month for example.  I'll get the link for you first and I am not even 100% sure I did the "plan" right.  This is just the first few days you'll see because entire 10 months is overkill I think ;) thanks much, Denise :)https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/pVNdphGBRlaXZ-rRMx6Frg.bbLq3UHmygk2CJy0_JtQRQ

I checked out your chart. It looks great. It's actually a .3% taper which is a micro taper  ;D I really hope that it is the perfect amount for you. I was just reading on the DLMT thread from when Sharkey first started it. Clona said, "Daily microtaper is like going down using a ramp, we need only to find the right angle of the ramp." I'm really hoping you found your angle right to start with!!

I used to know how to attach pictures and stuff but it's been so long I don't remember how I did it. I used to be able to do a lot of fun stuff on these posts, lol. My short term memory is pretty bad right now. Actually it has been for awhile. I'm sure it will come back once I'm off of this stuff.

Will you be dissolving .75mg in your milk?

Yes, and I can't tell you how glad I am to meet you, I didn't realize what I was saying when typing 3%, Cannot thank you enough for pointing that out.  I have pretty bad short-term memory now too, seemingly worse since I dropped down a whole 1/4 tab.  I guess some things/sxs, I forget I even have til it happens again or someone reminds me :laugh::idiot:

Is that info on 5% - 10% or is it .5% - .10 recommended or suggested in some of the articles I read? Geesh, I can't believe what I'm been typing, I better check my signature as well ;)

Yes, and I can't tell you how glad I am to meet you, I didn't realize what I was saying when typing 3%, Cannot thank you enough for pointing that out.  I have pretty bad short-term memory now too, seemingly worse since I dropped down a whole 1/4 tab.  I guess some things/sxs, I forget I even have til it happens again or someone reminds me :laugh::idiot:

Is that info on 5% - 10% or is it .5% - .10 recommended or suggested in some of the articles I read? Geesh, I can't believe what I'm been typing, I better check my signature as well ;)

Lol, well I'm happy to meet you too and I totally get not remember what WD sxs you have until someone reminds you  ;D

I think you're referring to the Ashton Manual on how much to reduce per month. It's 10%. I personally can't do that, it's WAY to much for my system to handle.

Lol, well I'm happy to meet you too and I totally get not remember what WD sxs you have until someone reminds you  ;D

I think you're referring to the Ashton Manual on how much to reduce per month. It's 10%. I personally can't do that, it's WAY to much for my system to handle.

Someone must have been watching over me if my "plan chart" came out right,  sometimes I find myself missing entire words when reading, or typing and punctuation too like decimal point  :idiot:

Lol, I struggled with my chart too. This cog fog issue really isn't any fun! I think the program I was using did all the work and I still struggled with it  :idiot:

Are you dissolving just .75mg in 300mL? If so, how are you getting .75mg? I'm still using a 1mg tablet to get my dose. I was going to ask my dr for .5mg tablets but right now the brand I use is out of stock. Hopefully it will be back in stock soon.

I had planned on cutting the 1 mg tab as I've been doing to get just a .75 ml dose.  I admit I hate to put in the whole 1 mg because I may need backup in case I need to updose.  I see quite a few people doing this, but maybe as they cut too steep which I am not, hopefully, too steep for me.  In fact it way more than the first dry cut I did before I came to BB on or around I think the 1st of this months, or first week?? :idiot:

I can understand why you might want some back up in case you need to up dose. Honestly, since I started the DLMT I haven't needed to up dose. I have taken a one off up dose for a couple of scary medical procedures though. The next day I was right back to the dose I had been on so it didn't set me back at all.  :thumbsup:

I dissolve my whole 1mg but my chart is set up for that. I was never comfortable cutting my tablets because I felt like they always cut differently and I don't have a scale that weighs that small of an amount either.

If you do decide to dissolve the full amount you could save the extra instead of dumping it. At least for a couple of days. Just another option. You need to find what works best for you. I think that's what everyone needs to do. It would be great if all the doctors would get on board with that idea too. I'm fortunate that my doctors have been very supportive, well all but the first one, of the way I'm tapering.

I didn't realize you were so new to the boards. I hope they have been as helpful for you as they were for me when I first started this journey in 2016....  :laugh:

I can understand why you might want some back up in case you need to up dose. Honestly, since I started the DLMT I haven't needed to up dose. I have taken a one off up dose for a couple of scary medical procedures though. The next day I was right back to the dose I had been on so it didn't set me back at all.  :thumbsup:

I dissolve my whole 1mg but my chart is set up for that. I was never comfortable cutting my tablets because I felt like they always cut differently and I don't have a scale that weighs that small of an amount either.

If you do decide to dissolve the full amount you could save the extra instead of dumping it. At least for a couple of days. Just another option. You need to find what works best for you. I think that's what everyone needs to do. It would be great if all the doctors would get on board with that idea too. I'm fortunate that my doctors have been very supportive, well all but the first one, of the way I'm tapering.

I didn't realize you were so new to the boards. I hope they have been as helpful for you as they were for me when I first started this journey in 2016....  :laugh:

The material I read here like in repository is priceless!  Especially when I read Colin's "About Me".  The only person in over 2 years that had ever suffered that horrible numbness in the whole left side of our body.  Just like I had 2 Summers ago while out camping and my doc had cut my dosage by a whole half dose :(

That last sentence I wrote sure was screwed up, I must have been in lala land when I wrote it  :idiot:

I don't have a scale that works for such a small dose either, so main reason I wanted to do the WT taper.  I just totally believe it is going to work out so I won't need the extra for updosing, and do have some pieces from this month so not going to worry ;) It is good to know if I had to do an updose it wouldn't ruin my whole plan.

Yes, I think I joined somewhere around the 1st of this month, hah, April fools day  :thumbsup::smitten: not so foolish are we ;) Denise

I forgot to mention that I have some good news which is that I am having less tremors, less tinnitus, less sweating (hot-flashes), no headaches for days, no aspirin needed! .  Knock on wood!!  I could be stabilizing on the .75 just in time to start on the 25th with my first "water-taper" amount of just .03, or .3%, hope I have that figured out.  It should come out to 9 percent a month, hope I have that right  :idiot:  Here's a link to just a snip of my daily cuts, comments, corrections very welcome, Denise  :smitten::thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/6iwMfh8aSlOczNboudJBdA.7-VyUDKTlAL4k2wC4rm50A

Don't ever updose if you can help it. Always consider a longer hold before updosing. Updosing can induce kindling and make it even harder when you start to taper again.

Also, most percentages given are over 14 days or 28/30 days (month). So if you see someone saying they're tapering at 5%, it's most likely 5% every two weeks or 5% every month. I have always worked in percentages over 14 days, so currently I'm tapering at 10% over 14 days, but as a micro taper, where I'm reducing daily. It's easier to think this way instead of saying I'm tapering 0.714% daily.