Plus melatonin 5 mg

And still choppy sleep.

Just look for comraderie.

Feel alone , fear.

It’s lonely and scary

Was think to cut cloz at night and try

Add otc sleep aide

Hi Healthme,

Are you in 1 steady dose of Clonzepam?  From what you have written it looks like you said you take between 2-3 doses a day?

It would be good to stabilize on 1 dose even if you have it spread out instead of a fluctuating amount.

It is very upsetting to lose a parent and especially if you were a caretaker. 

I take my Clonazepam, 3 times a day with a larger dose at night for sleep.  I'm now just tapering a little more off the night to see if I can get my doses a little more even.

There is an Insomniac Support group and a member Bob7 posts some interesting things he has used for sleep.

Tonight I cut from 0.5 to 0.45mg.

I have a big fork in the road coming - whether I can finish my taper before my summer travels or whether I'll hold during. I'll do the math later. Hope everyone is hanging in there. It can be done, and a positive attitude helps me (I tried being negative, trust me).

Posting in K club

My dose of clonazapam

Is .5 mg 2 to 3 times per day

I ask if I could try Gabapentin

for sleep since I use .75 mg cloz

for sleep now. Psych dr not keen

No order given.

I have taken as high as 1 mg cloz for sleep

Plus melatonin 5 mg

And still choppy sleep.

Just look for comraderie.

Feel alone , fear.

It’s lonely and scary

Was think to cut cloz at night and try

Add otc sleep aide

did you ct paxil if so  how did you manage?

[c0...]

Hello,

I just spoke with my neuro.  Had a MRI done to rule out any problems since I have been having lots of neurological symptoms and am most likely in tolerance.  MRI is fine and she is adamant about getting off Klonopin.  Well,I just got off Remeron in June and suffered some horrible sx from that leap.  I feel I am way to unstable to start a taper.  Just throwing this out there to see what others have to say.

Thank you.

Lookinup

Hello,

I just spoke with my neuro.  Had a MRI done to rule out any problems since I have been having lots of neurological symptoms and am most likely in tolerance.  MRI is fine and she is adamant about getting off Klonopin.  Well,I just got off Remeron in June and suffered some horrible sx from that leap.  I feel I am way to unstable to start a taper.  Just throwing this out there to see what others have to say.

Thank you.

Lookinup

I think it's so important to try and be as stable as possible before tapering.  Trust your instinct.

[c0...]

Hello,

Thank you.

Lookinup

I think it's so important to try and be as stable as possible before tapering.  Trust your instinct.

Me too.  Thanks for your reply.

Hello,

Thank you.

Lookinup

I agree with Final...if you feel like you're unstable, then you are. I'm confident that you'll know when it's time to taper. Take the next step when you get through this one. It's not always a linear process, but you'll know when to begin. I think that at least half of the taper is mental, maybe more. Our minds are powerful. Your time to taper will be when your mind is set and ready to go. Take the pressure off and just focus on something good right now. You'll get there!

Jeff

Took about .25 mg less cloz yesterday

I stopped taking any in middle of the night

(.25 mg)

Learned by not taking it  it did not help

me get extra sleep

I semi awake dozed without it

Will see but I don’t want to take

any in middle of night.

Bty is anyone just really scared

of these benzos

I get sick feeling when I take a

daytime dose. Knowing the negatives .

But it can be OCD type fear.

Good luck everyone .

Dr said I don’t have an addiction but

could have physical dependence.

So practically what is the difference ?

Just venting . Tyfl

From drugabuse dot com

Is there a difference between physical dependence and addiction?

Yes. Addiction—or compulsive drug use despite harmful consequences—is characterized by an inability to stop using a drug; failure to meet work, social, or family obligations; and, sometimes (depending on the drug), tolerance and withdrawal. The latter reflect physical dependence in which the body adapts to the drug, requiring more of it to achieve a certain effect (tolerance) and eliciting drug-specific physical or mental symptoms if drug use is abruptly ceased (withdrawal). Physical  dependence can happen with the chronic use of many drugs—including many prescription drugs, even if taken as instructed. Thus, physical dependence in and of itself does not constitute addiction, but it often accompanies addiction. This distinction can be difficult to discern, particularly with prescribed pain medications, for which the need for increasing dosages can represent tolerance or a worsening underlying problem, as opposed to the beginning of abuse or addiction.

Yes, when I decided to taper I was disgusted with the "medicine" I was putting in my body, but learned to look at it as tool and not a poison. Otherwise I would have spent all day dealing with negative thoughts.

Dear have a great day

How do you feel after

your current taper ?

Are you able to sleep

Do you divide your current

dose into 2 or 3 doses ?

I show concern bc I’m using

.75 mg cloz just before bed for sleep

Ty appreciate any feedback

[c0...]

Hello,

Thank you.

Lookinup

I agree with Final...if you feel like you're unstable, then you are. I'm confident that you'll know when it's time to taper. Take the next step when you get through this one. It's not always a linear process, but you'll know when to begin. I think that at least half of the taper is mental, maybe more. Our minds are powerful. Your time to taper will be when your mind is set and ready to go. Take the pressure off and just focus on something good right now. You'll get there!

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. I agree and have had some very good advice from members here! 

What’s the latest onset of sxs you guys have heard or experienced after stopping Klonopin either CT or from a rapid taper?

I ask because before these few months of daily use I took it a few times a day. Never noticed any negativity when stopping but I would only stop for a week or so, sometimes less. This summer I was taking very few and I ran out. I felt fine, no noticeable symptoms but then three weeks later I developed itching/burning/tingling throughout my whole body. At the time I didn’t think it was Klonopin related but since coming here it seems that is a withdrawal symptom and I’ve never felt anything quite like that in my life but it was 3 WEEKS after my last dose. I resumed taking it a few times a week from August until now. Taken breaks in between. Maybe two weeks at the longest. Last break was in October and I don’t recall feeling badly but I wonder if even having days when I don’t take it didn’t matter... if I’ve been a “long term” user all this time.

Healthyme, I'm doing well. When I was originally prescribed Klonopin I took 0.25mg AM and 0.5mg PM. During my taper, I had a small AM dose until I got to 0.5mg in December, when I switched to PM only. I feel like this simplifies things for me, and I felt it was the right choice.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, but I'm teaching myself to take it for what it is, and not to panic or anything. Good luck to you.

[11...]

Hi all.  I am new to this site and this thread but have been on Klonopin 1mg three times a day (3mg total/day) for 20 years.  I have started a taper and have decreased my dose by 0.25mg daily.  I plan to use a slow taper.  I put this my introduction but my doctor told me in early December that the DEA and her hospital are looking at the prescribing of controlled substances more closely and she may not be able to prescribe my Klonopin at some future point.  Hence, my decision to taper off.  Truth be told, I would like to get off anyway.

I hope your group will allow me to join and give/receive support in my weaning process.  Looking at this process seems daunting without connecting with others who are or have been through the same thing :-)

Hello and welcome, Kate08.  You are not alone in receiving such news from your doctor.  This seems to be happening more frequently of late.

That’s impressive that you’ve already reduced your total daily dose from 3mg to 2.5mg (according to your post from the Introductions board below).

What type of support would be helpful?

Hello all.  Joining this site looking for support and help in tapering off Klonopin.  I have been on 1mg three times a day (total of 3mg daily) for 20 years.  I just began my taper three weeks ago and am currently weaning slowly, am now at 2.5 mg daily.  I am doing pretty well but mornings are the hardest.  Hope to meet some good, supportive people with tips and success stories here and hopefully, when I am off my Klonopin, I can offer the same to others ... in time :-)

Welcome Kate. 

Congratulations on starting your taper.  It is smart of you to begin your taper off once you heard your doctors news.

Many of us hoard extra pills so that we can taper on Armour own terms if possible.  We continue getting our regular prescription while we start tapering. That way if we are forced to start a taper, we are already further down then where our prescribers think we are.  It all depends on the relationship you have with your doctor.

If you could fill out your medication history on your profile page, it would be helpful. 

[11...]
Thank you both for responding.  I suppose I am looking for success stories and wise guidance when/if I am struggling.  Yes, I will fill out my med history.  I do keep wondering what  get me through anxious spells when I am no longer on my benzo??  I need to have a plan in place for that aspect ...

Thank you both for responding.  I suppose I am looking for success stories and wise guidance when/if I am struggling.  Yes, I will fill out my med history.  I do keep wondering what  get me through anxious spells when I am no longer on my benzo??  I need to have a plan in place for that aspect ...

From my own experience, the anxiety and fear that happens from withdrawal, makes me worry about how I will handle it in the future.  However, my hope is that as I move lower and eventually get off, that level of anxiety will go away.  Then I can use things that I used to use before benzos like meditation and more exercise. 

You can read success stories on this site and as I have bwwn told many, many, many people have gotten off these medications and healed.  I have to believe it can happen for us.

Thank you for letting us know, Kate08.

Just checking ...

Are you keeping an eye on your taper rate?  According to the online tool I use to check my rate (see link below), you have made a 16.67% reduction in your total daily dose in 3 weeks.

I ask in light of the suggestion pianogirl gave you - “Generally a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested.”

Let me hasten to add, you seem to be doing ok at that rate plus I’ve read here and elsewhere that individuals who are at relatively high doses of their particular benzodiazepine are indeed able to make larger reductions, at least at the beginning of their taper.

Percentage Change Calculator

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

Kate, I was so terrified when I started my taper. I gradually gained confidence and now I'm able to take anxiety as it comes. I still have a long way to go in my taper. I don't have any idea what it will feel like to be benzo free but I'll figure it out when I get there.

One thing that is weird is that I had really intense windows, like euphoria, near the beginning of my taper. Now I feel more or less "normal", in a good way, a sort of a "huh." I don't know what constitutes success? I know I feel like I trust myself.

Never again will I take anything without researching the uses, history, pros and cons. I do feel kind of duped and I still work to handle these negative feelings about the drug.

Best of luck to you!

[11...]

Hello all and THANK YOU for your posts and support!  I know I need to update my profile and add my medication history but one thing that has helped immensely is that when my doctor gave me the warning that she may be limited in her benzo prescribing in the near future, I asked her for a prescription for a beta blocker, Propranolol 20mg twice a day.  I don't take the full dose, take 1/2 the tablet usually and while I know it cannot replace the benzo, it helps the racing heart and slightly elevated blood pressure I tend to get when anxious or when my last dose is wearing thin (I think this is called interdose withdrawl?). 

I will be away tomorrow so may not be on here until mid-week but I am so grateful to everyone for welcoming me and giving me their encouraging input :-))

Hi all.  I am new to this site and this thread but have been on Klonopin 1mg three times a day (3mg total/day) for 20 years.  I have started a taper and have decreased my dose by 0.25mg daily.  I plan to use a slow taper.  I put this my introduction but my doctor told me in early December that the DEA and her hospital are looking at the prescribing of controlled substances more closely and she may not be able to prescribe my Klonopin at some future point.  Hence, my decision to taper off.  Truth be told, I would like to get off anyway.

I hope your group will allow me to join and give/receive support in my weaning process.  Looking at this process seems daunting without connecting with others who are or have been through the same thing :-)

Welcome to the Kate-Meister! You're in a good place here. You'll find your taper rhythm eventually and move along. You and I have some similarities in our backgrounds...long term use. Hang on for the ride!!! :)

Jeff