Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hey Irish...once I got to 2mg I didn't stabilise again. Every cut before that I stabilised perfectly and my sx went away completely. It was as if once I got low enough, I was into acute WD, and didn't have enough of the med in me for it to have any calming impact on me anymore.

I'm not sure if that will happen to you too, but I know of many that got to my point and yours who went through this as well. Just be aware that you may have reached that point because it confused me a lot. Once I finally figured it out, I decided to taper through the pain to get off the last 2mg, never stabilising through that period.

Hi Guys

I'm STILL holding on 2.5mg. It's been about 6 weeks since last cut and I just haven't stabilised whatsoever. How can that be? I'm doing everything; acupuncture, yoga, therapy. The muscle tension feels the worst by far especially the neck which feels like a jumble of tendons/muscles all wrapped around each other. I'm in despair. Do you guys think it could partly be psychosomatic?

Ps Any advice on where to get a decent but CHEAP scales? I've heard that the 0.0001 are suitable but the prices on Amazon are $600-700. Crikey :(

we are all different, but thats pretty fast cutting for many people.. My best guess would be that your bodys needs are still at a somewhat higher dose...

when I cut too much it took 6 months of holding.

My last cut was big  and im bouncing back great at 1v..

It takes time, and matching your doses to where your healing is at...

Prob ask about scales on the micro tapering boards... some use a $20 scale, but many end up making liquid...

Best wishes..

Hey Shamo - hope you are doing okay. Healing is happening for me.

Irishlass- I had the same experience as Shamo - holding did nothing for me, in fact I think I felt worse so I just barreled along to get off so I could then fully heal.  I know a number of people say to just keep holding but for some of us this is not the answer. I did not start fully healing until I was completely off, had I held I would still be totally miserable vs feeling much better. 

I used the $20.00 scale from Amazon - with this scale I weighed one pill that I used as my control pill to get the same weights each time I cut.   

I hope you figure out what works for you. 

Hi Guys

I'm STILL holding on 2.5mg. It's been about 6 weeks since last cut and I just haven't stabilised whatsoever. How can that be? I'm doing everything; acupuncture, yoga, therapy. The muscle tension feels the worst by far especially the neck which feels like a jumble of tendons/muscles all wrapped around each other. I'm in despair. Do you guys think it could partly be psychosomatic?

Ps Any advice on where to get a decent but CHEAP scales? I've heard that the 0.0001 are suitable but the prices on Amazon are $600-700. Crikey :(

we are all different, but thats pretty fast cutting for many people.. My best guess would be that your bodys needs are still at a somewhat higher dose...

Prob ask about scales on the micro tapering boards... some use a $20 scale, but many end up making liquid...

Best wishes..

Many thanks :)

Hi Guys

Best wishes..

Many thanks :)

My pleasure... Just a note... -some of us that hold for a while (there is a Long Hold Support Group), Find that things get a bit chaotic/up n down, right before we improve... -its just handy to be aware, as it can prompt people to give up that little bit too early...

probably the best advice I hear, is to listen to your body, and trust your gur instincts...

Take care...

Hey Shamo - hope you are doing okay. Healing is happening for me.

Irishlass- I had the same experience as Shamo - holding did nothing for me, in fact I think I felt worse so I just barreled along to get off so I could then fully heal.  I know a number of people say to just keep holding but for some of us this is not the answer. I did not start fully healing until I was completely off, had I held I would still be totally miserable vs feeling much better. 

I used the $20.00 scale from Amazon - with this scale I weighed one pill that I used as my control pill to get the same weights each time I cut.   

I hope you figure out what works for you.

That's excellent Kgirl! What areas are you noticing improvement?

That's reassuring. There's probably no point in prolonging the agony anyway. Thanks also to Shamo and Kgirl. You guys are great.

Shamo: Other than the morning anxiety and some headaches, which I had before my taper,  most of all the other stuff is gone. I have a bad day now and again but nothing like before.  How about you? 

That's good...! I would tell you on here but I just started a blog where I kind of detail it in my opening post. If you feel like having a read come over for a look.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I dose once a day at 10pm. I'm getting close and I'm struggling harder  ever since I got under 2mg. The fatigue has been present since I started to taper and gotten worse.  I wake up with bone crushing fatigue, and totally drugged.  I'm so bad my husband has to hold me up and it takes a few hours for it to pass slightly till I'm at least coherent.  I'm so unstable and afraid of falling I need a walker. My body has constant joint and muscle pain. My question is how low do I go? Am I just prolonging the agony at this point or  If I stop now is that considered a C/T?  I'm just wondering what the more experienced folks think is  a safe jumping point.

Hanging on by a thread.

Mena

Hi mena sorry you feel so badly, I jumped at .25 but others have jumped at .5. I would just taper down to as low as you can and jump, you start finally healing once you are off. All your sx I have had and they will get better once you are off!

Mena i think that is great plan, wh/ can always be tweaked as you get close to that dosage.  once off - then the best of healing can begin or resume..... before ya know it you will be walking without aid and then venturing out and engaging in life in ways you have not been able to.  :smitten:

Hi Mena,

Im going to throw in a word of caution... I would be reluctant to push through Symptoms to get to a jump point. I would suggest slow tapering, holding as needed, right to the very last... Sliding off as stable as possible...

Best wishes...

Thank you kasey and Cantfly for your input as well. I guess I just can't wrap my head around how awfuly weak and tiered I've been.  It started in February and let up just a tiny bit and now it's back full force especially during the night. I wake up to use the bathroom xand I'm so exhausted I can barely lift my water cup. I can barely roll in bed, my body is heavy and so achey. My hips and wrists have stabbing pains as I try to move. Once I'm up in the morning and move around a bit I get a tiny bit of relief but honestly the exhausted "I'm going to faint"  feeling I have in bed after I doez and upon waking has me totally freaked which is why I'm cutting .02mg almost daily now. 

I'm a wreck.😥😥😥

Mena....wow we are so in the same boat except that along with the aches and fatigue I have horrendous off balanced/light headed/dizziness and now I have neuropathy in feet and hands also

I am at 1.5mgs since April and am so sick I can not even fathom tapering right now...I also may have Lyme disease....so not sure what is causing what

I know I have to finish getting off this poison but to what ends?  I have an ailing mother with dementia who lives 1 mile from me & I am her POA...so all decisions have to be made by me and even though she has aides come in 4 xs a day and nurse 1x a day I still have to be over there almost daily

I can barely drive most days because I am so dizzy...poor hubby does everything for me

My symptoms are so severe that I can not believe that they are ALL from benzo w/d

Have you ever been tested for LYME?  but the blood tests are so faulty that even if you get tested and its negative that doesn't mean you don't have it

I would love to swap hxs with you and see how many of the same symptoms we have

PM me anytime

OH MY...just read 1st post and see that you DO HAVE LYME!!!!

please tell me how you are treating? I am making appt with an LLMD 4.5 hours away from me (closest one and most affordable and very well respected)  as soon as possible which may be at least a month or more before I can get in

Laineky I don't PM too overwhelming right now. I do have Lyme.  Diagnosed in 2014, via my GP and the hospital both said it was a false positive despite me telling them I had a tick bite with rash.  I then went to a Lyme literate Dr who sent my blood work to Igenix lab and bingo I had 7 band show positive.

I was put on a picc line for IV ABX for Lyme neuropathy in my hand and I stared getting better.  Then I started feeling lousy/strange off balance, exhausted and Agoraphobia and couldn't figure out the issue.  After searching the Internet I realized I was in withdrawal.  Problem is the sxs of neurological Lyme and Benzo withdrawal are identical however I've never been this bad when I was just experiencing Lyme issues.  I stopped the picc line October 2016 and was on oral abx till April 2017.  I'm not taking any abx now as I'm giving my body a rest and just trying to get through this taper.

I'm sorry about your mom I can't imagine how hard that is, my mom lives with me and my husband and they are both taking care of me. My mom is 88 and she's staring to show signs of dimentia and it's breaking my heart because I can't help right now.  Thank God for my husband.

I scare easy, easy trigger so I'm glad to share but please, Please don't mention any diseases.  I'm focused on this being Lyme complicated by vbenzo withdrawal and I will recover.  I'll be glad to share

But please no guessing about other diseases.  I/we need positive thoughts and words.

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

MENA

AMEN!!!!  I loved those words.

so you are going straight ahead with the taper I see...I have so many responsibilities with Mother and also have family that needs me (as you know of yourself) I have 3 grown children (2 married, one with 4 children...my grandbabies)  so I am being stretched to my limit by this

I tried holding several xs to no avail...so I know I must go ahead with this but so scared to be more couch bound then I already am

7 bands!!!!  and they still said it was a "false negative"???  wow..so ignorant

you are right about the neurological symptoms mimicking one another..I just seem to keep getting new ones that's what makes me question w/d

I mean why would I continue to get new symptoms even when I am not tapering but just sitting on it?

oh well I am planning on cutting .5mgs on the 24th (have family visiting before that and fearful of becoming sicker while they are here)

you are below 1mg..I see...did you experience any new symptoms as you have gotten lower?

God is my refuge and if not for HIM I would not be here for sure!!!

I was positive and they said it was a false positive. The strange thing was they told me it was a false positive yet it was flagged by the health department and my GP and I had to fill out paperwork they sent him.  Where, when, I was bitten, what were/are my sxs, etc.  apparently some states/city (I'm in MA)  get a flag from a positive test and the doctor who ordered the test is obliged to fill out the paperwork with the patient.  So I was told it was a false positive yet I had to fill out paperwork from the health department.  Red flag for me and that's when I sought out the LLMD.

Yes, I get all kinds of crazy sxs, burning, pins and needles, jaw snaps shut, freezing cold yet I'm sweaty and clammy, shivers, sore joints especially in hands, wrists and hips. Shoulder pain, bicep aches, quick fatigue of muscle, weak legs, trouble walking, very unsteady, occasional vertigo but only when I lay down, constant low blood pressure, electricity feeling in my feet ....other stuff I'm sure but I can't remember.  This stuff comes and goes what's constant is the weakness, trouble walking, fatigue and joint pain.  All Benzos and Lyme sxs.

God and my husband is what's getting me through.

Your in my prayers.

the health

Lainey, one more thing regarding why your getting new sxs while your tapering; from what I've read it's very, very normal.  I get new sxs all the time, my hip pain is new and it's brutal, meanwhile the burning has subsided. I also used to get a feeling of warm water running down my legs early on and it went away for over a year and then last week it was back and now it's gone.  Our CNS is in distress, I think of it as it's trying to come back on line. The lower I go the worse I am, I know my body is craving the Valium, I know once I'm off the real healing will begin and I'll be able to focus on the Lyme.

Blessed is she who believed the Lord would fulfill his promise to her.

Mena, I so want to encourage you as I was reading over your sig. You have come along way hun!! Girl you are under 1mg and that is huge. God will continue to enable to persevere and you are healing sweet friend. Keep up the hard good work. You will conquer this and enjoy life to the fullest soon.  :smitten:

"Yes, I get all kinds of crazy sxs, burning, pins and needles, jaw snaps shut, freezing cold yet I'm sweaty and clammy, shivers, sore joints especially in hands, wrists and hips. Shoulder pain, bicep aches, quick fatigue of muscle, weak legs, trouble walking, very unsteady, occasional vertigo but only when I lay down, constant low blood pressure, electricity feeling in my feet ....other stuff I'm sure but I can't remember.  This stuff comes and goes what's constant is the weakness, trouble walking, fatigue and joint pain.  All Benzos and Lyme sxs"

yup I have all of that except no low BP...the electricity in feet and hands numbness feeling too...horrendous cog fog that goes along with unsteadiness and off balanced...use cane sometimes and have to shower with shower chair

I want to not have the horrible anxiety upon waking...that scares me the most that and insomnia..because that really makes me CRAZY...so Lord willing I will be at 1mg on the 24th

I am right behind you Mena to the finish line

1Corinthians 9:24  ".....run in such a way to WIN!"