Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Lainey, I had the awful morning anxiety for a long time, almost a year and it was brutal.  It's mostly gone and yours will go too.  Praise Jesus🙏🙏🙏

Just checking in I am now at 0.80mg of Valium I have 9.2mg under my belt and I will restart taper on July 20th. This third taper has been a breath of fresh air, considering my first two failed tapers. I suffered just like Mena and Lainey, but after a couple of weeks and almost stroking out I had to reinstate first time to 10mg and then I waited for a while and tried again, still at a much too fast pace and felt bad all the way down, then same thing happened at end of taper and stroking out again, I reinstated to 5mg. That is when I decided that suffering needlessly for me was not going to happen, so I held for a good bit and then started fresh...slow and holds and this has been an almost non event, but I have blips but I am functional. I guess I am not strong like both of you, I was at deaths door twice, but decided that I was not able to suffer. I guess the big thing that worried me the most that if I continued I would suffer some sort of long term disability. Almost having a stroke x 2 was enough of a warning for me. Will I walk off without any problems probably not, I just could not suffer the effects of a rapid taper anymore. I feel completely different now and I am able to engage in life. I wish only the best for both of you, and I know we all must walk our own path. I would add some Faith words here, but I feel that is why we have the Faith board. I am just so sorry you both are suffering so and hopefully things will get better. BTW every sx you had I also had they were horrible. Stay Strong.

BeGood, so happy to hear you're not suffering. If I didn't have the Lyme issue I woul slow it down but I need to move it  so I can go back to fighting Lyme.  So happy for you, great job!👏👏👏

I am at 3mg using pills and liquid. The anxiety has increased so I am going to hold for awhile. For those who are using liquid would you please tell me how much are you taking daily and how many days do you take to go down 1mg?  I have tried reading the posts and signatures to get an idea, but find it confusing. I think we are supposed to go slower the lower we go, is that correct? I would so appreciate some information on this. It has taken me more than two years to get to this point, it is really important that I don't mess it up as I get close to the end of this journey. Thank you. Sleepy

BeGood, so happy to hear you're not suffering. If I didn't have the Lyme issue I woul slow it down but I need to move it  so I can go back to fighting Lyme.  So happy for you, great job!👏👏👏

Thanks Mena, so sorry you have so much to overcome, but know you are doing the best you can during a very hard time. Stay Strong.

I am at 3mg using pills and liquid. The anxiety has increased so I am going to hold for awhile. For those who are using liquid would you please tell me how much are you taking daily and how many days do you take to go down 1mg?  I have tried reading the posts and signatures to get an idea, but find it confusing. I think we are supposed to go slower the lower we go, is that correct? I would so appreciate some information on this. It has taken me more than two years to get to this point, it is really important that I don't mess it up as I get close to the end of this journey. Thank you. Sleepy

Try this Support Group link below and ask your questions there, they will help you. You will do well once you understand it better. :)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.19460#lastPost

Try this Support Group link below and ask your questions there, they will help you. You will do well once you understand it better. :)

I mt by .01ml daily. I do hold for a few days every few weeks.  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Only 1 person responded at the forum you recommended so I hope somewhere will respond since I am at 3mg. And, thank you, Kasey. Sleepy

Only 1 person responded at the forum you recommended so I hope somewhere will respond since I am at 3mg. And, thank you, Kasey. Sleepy

count again... sometimes it takes time... we are not all well all the time... But yes, lack of replies, amoung other things can be annoying...

:)

I read a lot of long timers posts saying its common to have to slow down as you go down. I have had to change my taper from .001g reduction nightly to that same amount every 3 or 4 days. What I initially thought would be a 6 month taper became 1 year in my mind- now its looking like 2 1/2 years is a more reasonable expectation. But others just keep right on boppin through at the same pace all the way down. I never answered because the question was regarding liquid but its the same idea just a different delivery method. Its very common to need to go slower no matter how you take your stuff.

Hi All, I haven't been here in a long time as I was holding.

Good news; vis a vis the tapering schedule, I made a cut...finally!!! on Saturday down to 2mg. I know it is a large cut but I've been holding for so long and just want off the damn thing. Once I'm stabilised on this dose then I WILL faithfully cut  in 10% increments x

I am now down to 1mg....wish I could say after holding 3  months that I became a bit stable...BUT NOOOOO  I am sicker each and every day

scared what each day brings

Hi Guys..!!

Hope all are happy...

Im still chipping away... -a cut here, -a Hold there...

Sooner or later I will need a new hobby..!

Be well...

Hi Guys..!!

Hope all are happy...

Be well...

Great to hear Cant, I have 5 more days and will be at .75mg and holding pattern for a month. I have to say things are going well, some blips but doable and still functional, if not I would reinstate in a heartbeat, but now that I am down here, I must be diligent and not rock the boat. Stay Strong.

Hi Guys..!!

Hope all are happy...

Be well...

Great to hear Cant, I have 5 more days and will be at .75mg and holding pattern for a month. I have to say things are going well, some blips but doable and still functional, if not I would reinstate in a heartbeat, but now that I am down here, I must be diligent and not rock the boat. Stay Strong.

Thanks BG, your numbers sure are coming down...!!

Yes dose correcting has shure helped at times... more that it gives me confidence to try things, knowing that I can always can the idea... -watch this space... lol

Be good...

:)

Keep hanging in there, Lainey.  You can definitely do this!  As my wife always reminds me, there have been so many times in the past where I didn't think I had it in me to walk one more step, yet here I am.

Pulling for you.

Ed

Ed, I have been thinking of you and your plight, I follow your blog and so many good Souls there walking silently beside you, and I am one also. May the rest of your Journey get lighter and you have the Peace you so deserve. Sending you Healing Hugs and much Support. Stay Strong. :smitten:

Lainey,

I know how you feel, I get worse the lower I go as well and the sx are more unpredictable.

But we both have to cling to the hope that in time we will both be feeling much better.

Hang in there, your doing it and you will make it!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏🏻

all I can do is sit and wait....there is no more words the hellacious feeling I have

I envy those who feel better as they get lower

I am as non functional as it gets without being in a hospital bed at this point

Lainey,

Hang in there. Look at how far you have come.

You are making great progress and since your cut on the the 24 th. now all you have to do is face the sxs whatever they may be and cope and wait it out.

I know it is is hard but this test given us is one we must learn and overcome.

Fall back on your faith and he will hold you up.

ATU 🙏🏻

It has been over 2 weeks since I asked these questions, the support group I was referred to wasn't able to help so I am asking here again in the hopes that maybe some new people will read my concerns and respond. Sorry for asking again, I am old and need direction. I am holding because I don't know what to do next. Would someone please help me? Thank you. Sleepy

It has been over 2 weeks since I asked these questions, the support group I was referred to wasn't able to help so I am asking here again in the hopes that maybe some new people will read my concerns and respond. Sorry for asking again, I am old and need direction. I am holding because I don't know what to do next. Would someone please help me? Thank you. Sleepy

Hi sleepy. I'm not at 3mg yet but will try to answer your question as to how I reduce. I currently reduce .5 a month so 1mg every 2 months. I will likely slow it down as I get lower based on the sxs I am having. Hope you get some answers that work for you!  :)--V

Hi Lainey,

I'm curious. I looked at your signature and saw that you were reporting brutal symptoms at 1.5 valium. When you made a cut to 1mg, had you already stabilized on the 1.5?

NOOOOO there has been no stabilization for me ever...

I held for months on end in the past with no relief

my symptom now that is killing me and not sure it has anything to do with w/d is the severe tingling/prickling/numbness  that starts in feet and now has gone to hands and arms and legs

24/7 never lets up just gets worse

today my hands feel as if electricity is pulsing through them

I am having hard time walking/ holding onto things//typing

as soon as I say it cant get any worse...it does

I am scheduled for EMG on 23rd but may end up in ER way before that

If this IS w/d then I will need to jump ship because I can not go on any longer due to the drug