3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I dissolved it in water which in itself is a different solution for your body to absorb.  I used water for 2 weeks until I started titrating in order to get used to the water,  your body acts a bit like the water is a decrease in dose so you have to stabilize after switching,

Very interesting. Can you explain a little more? How did you measure the liquid? Would the tablet just dissolve in the water? Thanks

Just some information to help you understand the different processes members use. Titration FAQ's

• 3 weeks later...
I can't wait to be in this group.  I'm in the 5's.  Once you hit 5, how much did you decrease a month.  I'm doing about .5 every 3 weeks.  its hard to follow the 5-10 percent rule at the lower levels 

TallGolfer-

I was decreasing about .5mg Valium equivalent every 6 weeks about. So I was going pretty slow. But even at that slow I couldn’t keep in up once I got to about 2.5mg.

I dissolved it in water which in itself is a different solution for your body to absorb.  I used water for 2 weeks until I started titrating in order to get used to the water,  your body acts a bit like the water is a decrease in dose so you have to stabilize after switching,

Hi  Hearmerohr what were your symptoms when you were adjusting to the water based liquid and how soon did you get them. I tried the pharmacy liquid for a week and got immediate nauseous and burning face every day. Seemed too soon to be wd.  Went back to tablets. Was thinking maybe I shud have tried another week but it sucked so bad I quit. Going to see if my doc will prescribe from a compound pharmacy where they make liquid from tablets without the fillers.

Joeb

Hi Joeb

Mainly I had an increase in insomnia and irritability.  So it felt like an increase in WD sx.  It sounds like compounding could be the way to go for you

Hey all! How is everyone in the 3 and under range?

I recently went from 3.0mg (1mg/ml liquid) to 2.9mg on 23 Dec.

I went further to 2.8mg on 26 Dec. I dose ~1mg before bed and the remaining 1.8 around 10am.

I had to take a leave of absence from my full time job. Still waiting to see if I qualify for FMLA or disability. I’ve worked through 3 years of this darn taper. After working in healthcare for the past 2 crazy years, it’s time for a break.

This is my first drop on Valium - I crossed K to V in September and have been holding since.

Starting on the 29th (~3-6 days after tapering) I felt more anxiety symptoms between doses, and generalized WD symptoms: tachycardia, weak legs, fatigue, dread belly (I hate this one - feels like I just found out my dog died all day long). I’m so exhausted. The fam is sick, so can’t rule out a flu/ whatever ridiculous variant is going around now.

Just wanted to check in on this group if anyone is still keeping up with it!

Where are you in your taper? What’s your plan? How’s it going?

Hi Treelover

I couldn’t handle the liquid pharma v

I’m back to using a nail file and scale

Just dropped .25 to 2.75 after a month hold part of which was trialing the liquid

I’m going to ask doc for a compound pharmacy liquid from pills and no fillers

If not I’m going to try making my own using vodka and water

Let’s keep the comms going, this thread hasn’t had much on it we all need support

I’ve been semi stable but get anxious as depressed being in this mess the last 6 months

Definitely cud use some friends on here

Joeb

Very interesting. Can you explain a little more? How did you measure the liquid? Would the tablet just dissolve in the water? Thanks

Just some information to help you understand the different processes members use. Titration FAQ's

good info thanks Pamster

The commercially available liquid product is so nasty!

They obviously put in a bitter/abuse deterrent flavoring. Tastes almost like licorice at first - then gets so bitter, and adding water makes it worse!

I was able to tolerate it after a while, but I certainly understand not being able to.

Feels like taking poison!

Hey Treelover What were you feeling when you took the pharma liquid I got nausea and burning face

Also how long did it take to get used to it

Hey Joeb - I had some hot feeling skin up the side of my head/ear, tingling in lower limbs - I think 🤔 that was mostly crossover weirdness? Though I never had the hot neck/ear before V.

It took 2-3 weeks to feel leveled out on it. Who knows what was clonaz WD vs Valium side effects though.

You thinking of giving the liquid another go?

I dilute it in 30ml or so of water and took it right before bed, so maybe didn’t notice as much due to being asleep.

Hey TL appreciate the reply, how many times a day do you dose?

I do 3, was using the liquid on my 3pm dose, I tried drinking water after but still got symptoms.

What’s your manufacture mine was Hikma I called the online pharmacist and he said I could try another manufacturer but think there are similar additives like sweeteners and preservatives

I think it’s the sweeteners. Hoping my doc will get me a compound liquid to try without the sweeteners

Sucks cutting pills plus it’s nearly impossible to microtaper pills too much work and the scales are not accurate. Geez this sucks

Joeb

Hey everyone-

I am at 1.92 equivalent Valium. I crashed around two mg where I couldn’t really get out of bed until 5-6 pm. I have pots really bad and in the evening it was a little better. I tried a tiny updose,rescue dose and in the end held for 4.5 months nothing really helping all that much I am tapering again. I am just not sure how to proceed. I crashed at my last rate where I was not able to get out of bed before 5-6 pm so not sure it’s smart to start there. But Since holding I am pretty much bed bound moved in with my parents at Christmas and really only get up to go to the bathroom. So is slow going to just delaying things or should I do atleast 10% a month. I think I am doing 3% now because I was scared to get much worse. I am sleeping 4-5 hours broken the only thing that could be worse at this point is only sleeping 1-3.

Hoping anyone can share their experience.

Hi FP

It appears from your history that you have never stabilized at least I don’t see it.

Getting stable IMO is important before continuing to taper. Stabilized is a personal thing but I view it as being able to function in everyday life. Due to the long half life of Librium it may take awhile.

Your situation is a tough one, maybe you should consult with a knowledgable addiction doc and see if maybe there’s an issue with your body and Librium. Maybe consider switching to Valium or klonopin

I really don’t know how to advise you. Hopefully some other buddies will reply

Joeb

Yes I was semi functional for about two years from 2019 to 2021 until I got lower in dose. I have spoke with addiction doctors some say hold until stable but no guarantee at such a low dose I will become stable and when I try to increase the med is stimulating to me.

I have gone from 3.0mg to 2.5mg since Dec 23rd. I dose 1.5mg 10am and 1mg at 10pm.

I went slow to 2.75 then dropped to 2.5 about a week ago. I decided since I quit my job I’m going go push things a bit more.

Things are okay.

I have decent mornings, get anxious and spacey before 10 am dose.

Feel pretty good from 10:30- 12:30

Then I get “the afternoons” where I feel like my brain and body are cased in jello.

DP/DR I suppose. If I do anything from 1-5pm I get overwhelmed very easily. Driving is a no, loud noises, very easily overstimulated.

My eyes are taking the worst of it lately. Feels like they won’t focus, like my glasses are the wrong Rx.

I went to eye doctor and everything is ok She has seen patients who are tapering or CT benzos have focus problems.

It all clears up after the sun goes down, and I’m ok-ish until bedtime.

I have learned to make the most of my mornings (just after I dose). I go to yoga 1-2 times a week. I had a few classes during which i didn’t even have much anxiety!

As long as I tuck in by 2 for the “afternoon weirds” I’m ok.

I will hold at least a month at this dose. Need to see what my female cycle is like on this dose - as it’s usually majorly worse during pms.

Recap: 16% reduction in a month, mornings ok after dose. Daily afternoon time traveling weirdness. Sleep is good, slowly adding in exercise.

• 2 weeks later...

Still holding at 2.5mg here. I went to 3x a day dosing to try to help with the afternoon weirds.

Now I have all day weirds.

Been doing 3x a day for 10 days now. Still very weird.

Had a glimmer of hope this morning. Felt like going out and doing something.

Felt pretty ok for a few good hours. Then by 3 felt like I was time traveling again.

Took 3pm dose - no real relief.

Don’t know if splitting to 3x helps or not. Don’t want to mess with it again.

Will hold another week or so, then maybe try daily micro tapering. The 0.25mg drop was not fun.

Joeb - how are you? Where are you all at now?

Still holding at 2.5mg here. I went to 3x a day dosing to try to help with the afternoon weirds.

Now I have all day weirds.

Been doing 3x a day for 10 days now. Still very weird.

Had a glimmer of hope this morning. Felt like going out and doing something.

Felt pretty ok for a few good hours. Then by 3 felt like I was time traveling again.

Took 3pm dose - no real relief.

Don’t know if splitting to 3x helps or not. Don’t want to mess with it again.

Will hold another week or so, then maybe try daily micro tapering. The 0.25mg drop was not fun.

Joeb - how are you? Where are you all at now?

Hey Treelover I’m at 2mg now. It’s weird but I feel worse after taking my 3pm dose. I still feel the drug is making me worse. It was the same with Ativan when taking doses

I’m a bit worried I’m going too fast since I’ve cut .25 at the 7 day mark. Gonna hold til next week and try another .25 cut. I’ve been dry cutting and weighing, not accurate but close. When I get to 1.5 it’s going to be too hard to keep 3 doses and dry cut. May ha e to try liquid again, this time hopefully from a compound pharmacy with less additives.

I keep getting told by docs that this dose is so low I can stop here but I’m too nervous to try that. If it goes south stabilizing can be very hard if not impossible

Joeb

Yeah my therapist keeps saying my dose is so low, why not just get off of it.

😬

I’d love to, but I’m a mess just holding 2.5mg.

I wish I knew what would be best. If I’m going to feel awful for a year tapering, vs awful for 3-6 months for CT at this point, which is worse?

Tree lover I am in the exact same boat and question it everyday. I have come to no conclusion. I have been bedbound with bad pots and other symptoms since about 2.5mg. Held for a long time and am slowly doing 3% DMT right now. None of it has really helped. Whatever you do definitely don’t ct.