3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hello,

I'm at 2.375mg of valium. Things are becoming progressively harder as I get down. Things were fairly easy until about 3mgs.  Can any relate? I'm at the point where even 5% cut every two weeks seems too much. Hoping someone can relate and offer encouragement. It's gotten really hard.

If I hold for a few months do I put my healing on pause or can I begin to heal at 2.375mgs considering it was 15+ MG's for years and years?

Thank you can fly and sea salt. I believe you are right. I cut so easily and so quickly down to 3.5 that I failed to realize that the 80% reduction I had made in the last 10 months had caught up. I assumed it was linear and should be easy smooth and only when completely done would I experiencea little PAWS. I had a total breakdown yesterday and today.i found the long hold group. It saved my life. I was in such a rush....so stressed to be logical. I thank God that after reading hundreds of posts in long hold group that I am not insane...I simply too dependant. My body cannot restore GABA production as quickly as I was cutting it out...my poor brain. I'm holding for a minimum of four weeks and the cutting by 2.5% per month til i  determine its safe to proceed. Life on 10mgs of valium was not ideal but it was SHOCKINGLY safer and healthier than almost killing myself to get to 2.375.....im in such a RUSH that I'm a SLOW learner... haha... thanks so much

Hello,

I'm at 2.375mg of valium. Things are becoming progressively harder as I get down. Things were fairly easy until about 3mgs.  Can any relate? I'm at the point where even 5% cut every two weeks seems too much. Hoping someone can relate and offer encouragement. It's gotten really hard.

If I hold for a few months do I put my healing on pause or can I begin to heal at 2.375mgs considering it was 15+ MG's for years and years?

Hi I am at 2.2 v equivalent and holding for now. My experience has been similar to you, under three has been difficult! I do believe that is common. I am not sure when I will move forward. Spent most of today in bed.

Hi Jlavogt, I hope it gets better for you. Tuesday and Wednesday were dark days for me. Bedridden too... mentally and physically broken beyond repair... God bless you

I think under 3 mg we’re getting close to the boundary of minimum therapeutic dose. This is just my theory, but I think it’s likely why so many of us start having a harder time when we get under 3. For me I didn’t start having a hard time until I hit under 2. I’ve been doing more long holds since, the longest being 2 months. I’m considering a longer hold once I get to .8 mg as I’ve been having more symptoms. It’s hard to have patience in this process, but patience and time are our biggest allies in this journey.

I agree about the minimum therapeutic dose too. Its like cigarette smoking. Average person who uses 20 cigarettes per day can drop to 3-5 cigarettes per day with no withdrawal effects.

I think Gaba and glutamate are fundamentals in human physiology and we all react differently. i've just lost my thought...total brain fog...sorry

• 1 month later...

I agree about the minimum therapeutic dose too. Its like cigarette smoking. Average person who uses 20 cigarettes per day can drop to 3-5 cigarettes per day with no withdrawal effects.

I think Gaba and glutamate are fundamentals in human physiology and we all react differently. i've just lost my thought...total brain fog...sorry

How are you doing Dan? Still holding?

I.m almost a .5mg and feeling pretty lousy. I just held for a week and saw no improvement so last night I decreased by .01mg and today I have gut pain and the runs.  I have worked full time through my taper and tried to go super slow but feeling discouraged.  I’m so close but feeling yet so far!  Just wanted to come here and vent

Hi Hear,

Congrats on making it so far!  You are nearing the finish line - I understand what you mean about it feeling so close but so far away.  Patience is key in this, though.  I am just now at .60 mg and now that I can almost taste the end, I keep looking at my calendar and calculating how much longer this is going to be.  This last part seems to be taking forever.  I still have some symptoms but I'm functional and can take care of my family and for that, I'm extremely grateful. 

I understand!  I keep thinking.. “is it 90 days or 120?” And then today when I realized I might have to hold even longer I thought “Not 180 more days!  NOooooo!”  But it is what it is.  I just want this nightmare behind me.  Hope  the rest of your journey goes smoothly!

I can’t wait to be in this group officially, quick question, how many times do most of you dose per day? I’m dosing 3 times because I had horrible interdose issues with Xanax, but considering eliminating my afternoon dose.

Thanks

I can’t wait to be in this group officially, quick question, how many times do most of you dose per day? I’m dosing 3 times because I had horrible interdose issues with Xanax, but considering eliminating my afternoon dose.

Thanks

I’ve always dosed just once a day.

I'm at 3 doses a day but often, my 2nd dose gets pushed off until later in the evening.

Momof7 what symptoms are you having now that you're tapering these lower doses? I'm tapering so slowly because I'm terrified of going into acute wd again like I did in 2019.

Hey Val,

Nice to hear from you.  How are you doing these days?

I still have skin sensitivities - skin burning sometimes, get chills/goosebumps easily.  I have a hard time multi-tasking and get easily frustrated/agitated/overwhelmed.  Brain fog.  If I get worked up about something, I go from 0 to 360 super easily now.  I really just work hard at keeping my stress levels as low as I can.  I can't be as busy as I used to - if I have something planned for the weekend, I try to make sure that the other day, I can stay at home and relax.  I try not to take too much on. 

Hi Momof7. I'm so glad you're near the end. Thanks for the input. I'll just keep my taper as slow as it is then. I really can't do anything to lower my life stressors and they are too many I'm afraid. I'll pop in here and there to witness when you walk off  :)

Hey Val,

Nice to hear from you.  How are you doing these days?

I still have skin sensitivities - skin burning sometimes, get chills/goosebumps easily.  I have a hard time multi-tasking and get easily frustrated/agitated/overwhelmed.  Brain fog.  If I get worked up about something, I go from 0 to 360 super easily now.  I really just work hard at keeping my stress levels as low as I can.  I can't be as busy as I used to - if I have something planned for the weekend, I try to make sure that the other day, I can stay at home and relax.  I try not to take too much on.

Momof7, do you wait to feel better before you make a cut?

Val,

I am doing a daily liquid microtaper.  I cut .01mg a day for 10 days and then hold for 4 days.  I may increase it to 5-7 days for this last bit, we'll see.

I hope you are doing decently right now.  Blessings!