3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hi Shayna,

A very big WELL DONE  for you! 🥳👏

You did it;  from now on the world is going to look brighter every day! 🌹🌻🌷💐

TS

Thanks guys but I’m seriously hurting. I don’t know if I can jump. The insomnia is brutal and my heart is playing up. Do u think I should go back up for a few days or is it too late? Or do u think the dose I’m on maybe is just too small now. The last good window I had was at .25ml. Could really use some encouragement or advice x Thanku so much x

[58...]
Shayna, I just remembered something I did when I jumped.  Except for hubby, all the years I was on benzos I didn't tell anybody about my benzo use except one close friend; I kept that secret to myself.  My mornings were always the roughest time back when I was tapering so when I got ready to jump, I called my friend and asked her if I could text or call her every morning for a couple of weeks, just to check in and know I had someone to be accountable to that cared about me.  My hubby sleeps later than me so it couldn't be him plus, by the time I jumped, he was tired of hearing about my ordeal!!  Anyway, my friend was happy to do that for me.  Especially on those insomnia nights, it helped to know I had that morning contact with my buddy to look forward to and that little piece helped me over the "jump hump"  :-)

Thanks Kate. It’s so hard when everyone that can help is asleep. I’ve got some buddies I can contact so I’ll do that. Maybe I’m just scaring myself but this week sleep has been really bad x so I’m not feeling strong right now

Shayna, this is just my opinion.  If you are really struggling right now, I wouldn't jump.  I would probably hold there,  jumping when you are already feeling bad, just seems to be asking for more trouble to me, but really only you know.  If I really felt bad, I would increase some and just sit there until some symptoms calmed down.  Your brain and central nervous system need to be as stable as possible.  To me, this is a very important time.  You can push ahead when you already aren't feeling well or give yourself more time to heal.  I believe in the healing first.  That's just me, you are going to get lots of opinions, pick whatever suits you.  We love you and support you no matter your choice.

Mary 😘😘😘🙏🙏♥️😷

Should I go back to .06?

I only cut to 0.06ml on Monday. 4 days ago

Or .12?

That's up to you, but imo, if you decide to updose,  remember the people that fail are usually the people that don't updose enough to truly help.    :smitten:

Shayna, I agree with Mary. When I updosed after reinstating back in 2019 I first went to 1 mg and it wasn’t enough, so I went to 4 mg. I chose 4 mg because that was the last dose I remembered feeling OK at. I’m not suggesting you go as high as 1 mg, but look at where you last felt OK-ish.

Whatever you decide, we’re here for you and we’re rooting for you. Sending you love and big hugs. ❤️

Thanku xx I last felt ok at .25ml. That was last Monday I cut from that. I can’t go back any higher than that. I just can’t do it. I’ve fought too long to go back.

Shanya, I wouldn't go back. You are nearly off and will soon look back at this and laugh.

There is really no point in tapering anymore, just come off the stuff and recover.

For me, never going back worked. Holding for a while was fine too.

The only way out is through :)

I can't speak from experience, only what I also believe I would do and I know people who do it differently and can understand why they do - the outcome is very unknown and I've seen a lot of varieties of what can/does happen no matter.  For me, I can only say that if I were where you are at, I wouldn't hold, I wouldn't updose, I would get off like Jimmy stated, especially at your almost nothing, low dose.  If nothing else, you will be FREE.  You've done a very sensible and slow taper - what would you have done differently here?  If you go back up, what are you going to do differently?  Best wishes, Shayna, for fast healing.  Hopefully, this wave will pass quickly for you.

Thanks jimmy x did u struggle with lower doses? I guess I’m already there huh, that’s why things are rough

Yes, I did struggle a bit but I don't call doses under 0.10 grams 'small' - they are nothing and I'm sure it was inly psychological my feelings. Once you make the final cut, you'll be pleasantly, I hope :)

• 1 month later...
It's so great to come here and see how many have tapered off and are benzo-free! Congratulations! And to the others, keep up the good work. You are so close to freedom! :thumbsup:

Things continue to be difficult for me sleep wise, but I  greatful to be off. X I hope everyone is coping ok xx