3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hi All.  Finally made it under 3 mg recently and am decreasing by less than 10% a month for now (just reduced my rate a hair).  I'm in a bit of a wave at the moment, set off by stress.  Nothing too bad but nausea and sleep troubles, some extra shaking/twitching.  I just worked hard at cleaning bathrooms and am having to take a big break, waiting for my hands to stop shaking.  This isn't abnormal for me as I have had exercise intolerance for some time now but I still hate it.  I'm trying some a calming/self-soothing technique called Havening that my therapist recommended - it supposedly creates delta waves that are responsible for sleep.  Does anyone else have any other good suggestions for self-soothing, calming?  Even specific websites?  I hope all are hanging in there with all that's going on in the world. 

I have a friend who swears by ' EFT tapping'. I prefer meditation. I did this many years ago in India but they have centers everywhere -  https://www.brahmakumaris.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone takes Teva diazepam in the US (I mention the US because I think Teva sources differently depending on which country you are in) and has any issue when getting new fills?

I have noticed variations before, but this most recent time I have felt like I am in a cold turkey withdrawal. I was holding steady and was fine 10 days ago and now I have my jaw almost permanently clenched, and I am lying in a dark room fidgeting nearly constantly, and I started taking Seroquel again which I had been off for a year. The Seroquel isn't helping.

I unfortunately got a 90 day fill. My psychiatrist was empathetic but didn't seem to know of any options for replacing it. She is relatively new (she's a psych NP but I call her a psychiatrist to keep it simpler). I think I was one of her first patients.

Wondering if anyone takes Teva diazepam in the US (I mention the US because I think Teva sources differently depending on which country you are in) and has any issue when getting new fills?

I have noticed variations before, but this most recent time I have felt like I am in a cold turkey withdrawal. I was holding steady and was fine 10 days ago and now I have my jaw almost permanently clenched, and I am lying in a dark room fidgeting nearly constantly, and I started taking Seroquel again which I had been off for a year. The Seroquel isn't helping.

I unfortunately got a 90 day fill. My psychiatrist was empathetic but didn't seem to know of any options for replacing it. She is relatively new (she's a psych NP but I call her a psychiatrist to keep it simpler). I think I was one of her first patients.

There has been a great deal of discussion of this topic on this thread.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204645.0

Slowing down but still cutting. 0.84 mg valium.

I had hoped to be off at the new year but doesn't look like it now. But stranger things have happened.

Hope all are reducing this poison, and staying positive, things will get better with time.

That was my goal too jimi. New year off. Shame. How are u feeling towards the end?

Hi Shayna,

I've been feeling OK, apart from a couple of days when I was out socializing, got some strong anxiety and shaky hands. I realized that I was going a bit fast, dropping 0.02 mg daily, so cut back a bit to 0.01 daily.

Kind of a constant mild withdrawal, in general, which is the reason I changed to the liquid taper.

Some days are great, with a feeling of great clarity and awareness, which gives me great hope. I don't want to live the rest of my life in a zombie haze with a ball and chain addiction. Patience now is important, another month or two won't make any difference.

Peace.

That’s great news x I hope it continues to go ok for u. The anxiety out in public is annoying but I have to say it is one of my manageable sxs. It just annoys me now. Good luck with the final countdown!!

I give up, holding is not helping. I am going to updose? Can anyone help me thinking about a dose to go up? I am barely able to think these days.

How long does it take for the intrusive thoughts go away after updosing? I am inclined to reset all my tapering if necessary, like, to 5mg of V.

Hi Full,

I'm sorry to hear you aren't doing so great.  You are so close, however.  I would encourage you NOT to updose, however. By chance, can you power through with the hope of healing once off?  Updosing at this point doesn't always help and then you face coming off an even larger dose.  It helps some and others, not.  I'm so sorry for your suffering.

Mom, is right full.  Updosing doesn't always help, and that just puts you in a worse position.  Then, it may work , but it can take some people weeks before they start feeling it.  So it is something you want to really think about, you could be one of the lucky ones and it does help and quickly.  It's just a different reaction for everyone.  There are really no set rules to updosing, but the one I have read that made the most sense to me, what dose were you on the last time you could tolerate your symptoms.

Not gone, just tolerable.  I wish you a lot of luck, no matter what you decide  :). Mary 

You guys are so kind. Thank you.

My intrusive thoughts are making me nuts and my head feels very strange in a bad way after thinking too much. I feel bad for my parents for all the suffering they are enduring with me... that's why I am considering taking even something like 5mg to have a quick and noticeable effect, giving them the peace they deserve and also making me able to chill and also go back on practicing my hobbies.

I wonder if it's worth taking Abilify or anything that might help with intrusive thoughts.

You guys are so kind. Thank you.

My intrusive thoughts are making me nuts and my head feels very strange in a bad way after thinking too much. I feel bad for my parents for all the suffering they are enduring with me... that's why I am considering taking even something like 5mg to have a quick and noticeable effect, giving them the peace they deserve and also making me able to chill and also go back on practicing my hobbies.

I wonder if it's worth taking Abilify or anything that might help with intrusive thoughts.

I don't know anything about Abilify.  A good thread to ask on might be Withdrawal Support.  Go back to home page, scroll down until you see Support Groups, click there.  :)

Full of determination, Abilify is an antipsychotic/atypical antidepressant so it may help, or it may not. Kind of hit or miss with a lot of these drugs. Valium typically takes time to build up in your system, so you probably won’t have immediate relief from it if you updose. When I updosed from 1 mg to 4 mg, it took around two months for me to feel ok. I still have intrusive thoughts, but they are manageable and nothing compared to when I was feeling very rough. There are no hard and fast rules with updosing, but I’ve also heard that going to the last dose where symptoms were tolerable is the best bet.

Hello x just back for a little advice on my next step. I don’t really know what stabilized is, my sleep is still terrible, but I’ve been coping a little better with it lately. I’m considering doing another cut but making it only 5%. Just to keep it moving forward. So I’ll be taking 14.25ml of vodka Valium liquid. I’m hoping this cut won’t be too bad. X

Full of determination, Abilify is an antipsychotic/atypical antidepressant so it may help, or it may not. Kind of hit or miss with a lot of these drugs. Valium typically takes time to build up in your system, so you probably won’t have immediate relief from it if you updose. When I updosed from 1 mg to 4 mg, it took around two months for me to feel ok. I still have intrusive thoughts, but they are manageable and nothing compared to when I was feeling very rough. There are no hard and fast rules with updosing, but I’ve also heard that going to the last dose where symptoms were tolerable is the best bet.

I am so afraid of the effects of antipsychotics, brain damage and persistent symptoms. But I am starting to consider it as a last resource to turn off my thoughts. Is there any options or safe supplement to try that might help with intrusive thoughts? I need to change something...

I am so afraid of the effects of antipsychotics, brain damage and persistent symptoms. But I am starting to consider it as a last resource to turn off my thoughts. Is there any options or safe supplement to try that might help with intrusive thoughts? I need to change something...

Mindfulness meditation and distraction can both be helpful, but there’s no quick fix for most of the symptoms we deal with. Acceptance, patience, and time are our best friends in withdrawal (I’m still working on embracing these myself).

Hey kitsune,

I wasn't even capable of properly meditating. I might also made something that I hope I don't regret: after raising my V to 0.5mg yesterday and seeing that I didn't help and my parents were in despair, I decided to pop half a pill (2.5mg)... which made me very asleep and then I slept much more chill, I clearly noticed the effects of the pill.

Do I have to continue from now on from 3mg? Or due to the cumulative effect I might try something intermediate?

I am sorry for this... I am not pro-pill, I was just suffering so much and taking my parents together in it.

Hey full, it's not good to keep changing doses, it never gives you a chance to stabilize. So if the 3 mgs had a good effect on you, hold there .    Let your brain and central nervous system settle down.  Then when you feel stabilized, start a very small taper back down, at each step being guided by your symptoms.  :).  Glad you got some relief  ;D.  Good luck!!  Mary 🙋🏼💕

Full,

I can definitely understand where you are at.  I was awful and my husband and 7 kids were suffering also when I was on Klonopin and in acute.  I've seen others updose and yeah, the relief is there temporarily but then as they come back down, the suffering is just as bad and sometimes worse.  Then again, there are some who updose and hold for a while and then come back down much better.  Just realize that it could go either way and think about how you would feel if it went the other way - you have to be ok with it.  Finding the inner strenth and resolve to do this,no matter, is so hard, so hard.  Benzo w/d is truly one of the most torturous things a person can go through, I truly believe. 

You could just consider that as a one off and go back to your previous dose and be fine but I agree with Mary - yoyo-ing the dose is a really bad idea so make a decision and go with it.

Down to 0.35 and suffering a lot.

It been painful since 2mg and lower. Ive gone very slowly!!!!

To jump or not to jump.

Holding till after Xmas at 0.35

If stable ill cut if not ill jump

I cant take much more

Hi I am posting for a friend who is too acute to post at the moment.

She has been doing a combination of Roche and Mayne diazepam and they are both being discontinued.  She needs help either finding people who have extra of these meds (maybe people done their tapers) as well as help with the math for using a gram scale.  She is down to 4mg.

Are there any math wizzes here?

Thanks so much!

Hi I am posting for a friend who is too acute to post at the moment.

She has been doing a combination of Roche and Mayne diazepam and they are both being discontinued.  She needs help either finding people who have extra of these meds (maybe people done their tapers) as well as help with the math for using a gram scale.  She is down to 4mg.

Are there any math wizzes here?

Thanks so much!

As I stated in my post to you on another thread, this is illegal and unwelcome on BenzoBuddies.

Down to 0.35 and suffering a lot.

It been painful since 2mg and lower. Ive gone very slowly!!!!

To jump or not to jump.

Holding till after Xmas at 0.35

If stable ill cut if not ill jump

I cant take much more

Well done,

Take it easy and have a great Christmas.