3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Jimmy that's interesting. I'll ask my doctor if it'll help not taking it at weekends. How much trazodone do you take? I'm on 25 but thinking of going back to 50 because I'm chronically sleep deprived.

I take half a 50 mg tab. Usually every second or third day. I've taken this medicine for many years, but usually just 2 0r 3 times a month before important work events. I also take 5 mg of Melatonin when not taking the Trazadone. Getting enough sleep is so important for tapering, second to only exercising, for me anyway.

I'm on 1.07 mg now and plan to come off some time by the end of the year. I wish I had discovered the liquid taper a year ago!

Like Kit said I'm using Roxane liquid. I'm reducing.01 every 2-3 days which equals to roughly 10% a month. Yes, Naltrexone at high doses is used to treat opiates but at low doses it helps with pain and also reduces inflammation and increases immune functions.

Jimmy that's interesting. I'll ask my doctor if it'll help not taking it at weekends. How much trazodone do you take? I'm on 25 but thinking of going back to 50 because I'm chronically sleep deprived.

I take half a 50 mg tab. Usually every second or third day. I've taken this medicine for many years, but usually just 2 0r 3 times a month before important work events. I also take 5 mg of Melatonin when not taking the Trazadone. Getting enough sleep is so important for tapering, second to only exercising, for me anyway.

I'm on 1.07 mg now and plan to come off some time by the end of the year. I wish I had discovered the liquid taper a year ago!

Like Kit said I'm using Roxane liquid. I'm reducing.01 every 2-3 days which equals to roughly 10% a month. Yes, Naltrexone at high doses is used to treat opiates but at low doses it helps with pain and also reduces inflammation and increases immune functions.

Thanks, I see.

I've been dropping 0.01/2 per day but think I'll slow it down. Had a kind of panic attack while doing some business today. It passed quickly but unless it was paranoia, it might have affected a deal, the other people looked at me in a strange way :)

Never thought at this low would feel this  withdrawal symptom. Well maybe it isn't but just general anxiety.  Anyway no point in letting affect my economic security for the sake of getting off a few weeks earlier.

Thanks, I see.

I've been dropping 0.01/2 per day but think I'll slow it down. Had a kind of panic attack while doing some business today. It passed quickly but unless it was paranoia, it might have affected a deal, the other people looked at me in a strange way :)

Never thought at this low would feel this  withdrawal symptom. Well maybe it isn't but just general anxiety.  Anyway no point in letting affect my economic security for the sake of getting off a few weeks earlier.

It's not as bad as I let on. That is as long as I go slow and hold if I need to. One thing I've noticed: my cognitive function seems to have improved. I'm thinking clearer and memory has improved. So don't despair folks. There is life after benzos.

Thanks, I see.

Hi Jimmy. Sorry for jumping in to comment on your taper but there's a reson and  I'll it explain to you. OK, if you're down to 1 mg and you're cutting 0.01 a day, which would be 0.10 every ten days, that would mean cutting 0,30 in one month, which is more than a 25% cut a month. I got down to 0.80 mgs, thinking I was doing fine, and went into acute wd (that's like going into a different dimension). The reason was, I started reading the ashton manual and thought I could and should taper faster than I was doing and rushed in the lower doses. Of course I had signs telling me not to: many signs. But I thought that manual was the bible as so many people do. Not to say the book is not very useful, but the taper speed that it recommends can work for many but not for everyone. I should've listened to my body instead of a book and a bunch of people, but I was ignorant then, and I had to learn through my own devastating experience. Of course, each person is unique and it could be that you could do perfectly well at this taper speed, but I needed to share my experience with you in case there are any similarities, because for anyone, listening to our bodies is the key IMO. For me, I learned that slower would have won the race and I'd be off by now.  Unfortunately I learned the hard way, as I listened to people who said that if I went slowly I could go into "tolerance withdrawal".

Thanks, I see.

Hi Jimmy. Sorry for jumping in to comment on your taper but there's a reson and  I'll it explain to you. OK, if you're down to 1 mg and you're cutting 0.01 a day, which would be 0.10 every ten days, that would mean cutting 0,30 in one month, which is more than a 25% cut a month. I got down to 0.80 mgs, thinking I was doing fine, and went into acute wd (that's like going into a different dimension). The reason was, I started reading the ashton manual and thought I could and should taper faster than I was doing and rushed in the lower doses. Of course I had signs telling me not to: many signs. But I thought that manual was the bible as so many people do. Not to say the book is not very useful, but the taper speed that it recommends can work for many but not for everyone. I should've listened to my body instead of a book and a bunch of people, but I was ignorant then, and I had to learn through my own devastating experience. Of course, each person is unique and it could be that you could do perfectly well at this taper speed, but I needed to share my experience with you in case there are any similarities, because for anyone, listening to our bodies is the key IMO. For me, I learned that slower would have won the race and I'd be off by now.  Unfortunately I learned the hard way, as I listened to people who said that if I went slowly I could go into "tolerance withdrawal".

Thanks for sharing that!

I've just checked and I started tapering from 1.50 1 month ago, so that's 0.4 mg drop. Maybe that is too fast.

I will slow down and listen to my body. Actually no cut today as it is my birthday :)

Hi guys. I’ve been on reduced dose 1.5mg Valium for 18 days now. My sleep still has not stabilized. But it’s been terrible as u know. But when I cut from 1.75 to 1.5 it basically disappeared. If I sleep I get a couple of very light hours so I’ve used unisom a couple of times this week. I’m thinking of going to next reduction anyway. So to 1.35mg via liquid vodka water formula. Thoughts? Thanku xx

Hi Shayna, I would tell you what I told Jimmy a couple posts above. I would hold at this dose and would by no means keep cutting till you've recovered from this last cut. That's my personal opinion based on my own experience. I hope you get better soon.

Hi everyone. Still very symptomatic from my minuscule last cut so this doesn't seem like it's going to be easy. I'll take it as slowly as I need to so I'm not cutting any time soon.

When I do though, I'm planning to do this liquid titration and remove 0.10 mgs every month or longer until almost stable and then repeat, for as long as it takes. I'm not doing the daily microtaper I just don't believe in that for me. I found this youtube video because I needed something visual to understand a bit better. He's doing a microtaper but the liquid preparation is what I wanted to see. I see that he's on klonazepam and he dilutes 1 mg klonazepam in 1 ml propylene glycol, not 2. I guess in our case the 2 mg vodka per mg of valium is because it's a different benzo? Or because it's vodka? I hope I do everything right. I also wonder if you really need a pill crusher of if you can just dissolve the pill in the vodka. I'm looking at pill crushers on amazon and I see a lot of bad reviews.

I will dissolve my 2 mg diazepam (generic) pill and remove 0,10 mgs. That's what I'm looking forward to doing when my brain is ready to cut again.

Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TUVi77q-MU

Hi everyone. Still very symptomatic from my minuscule last cut so this doesn't seem like it's going to be easy. I'll take it as slowly as I need to so I'm not cutting any time soon.

When I do though, I'm planning to do this liquid titration and remove 0.10 mgs every month or longer until almost stable and then repeat, for as long as it takes. I'm not doing the daily microtaper I just don't believe in that for me. I found this youtube video because I needed something visual to understand a bit better. He's doing a microtaper but the liquid preparation is what I wanted to see. I see that he's on klonazepam and he dilutes 1 mg klonazepam in 1 ml propylene glycol, not 2. I guess in our case the 2 mg vodka per mg of valium is because it's a different benzo? Or because it's vodka? I hope I do everything right. I also wonder if you really need a pill crusher of if you can just dissolve the pill in the vodka. I'm looking at pill crushers on amazon and I see a lot of bad reviews.

I will dissolve my 2 mg diazepam (generic) pill and remove 0,10 mgs. That's what I'm looking forward to doing when my brain is ready to cut again.

Thank you.

Don’t worry about a pill crusher, the vodka will take care of dissolving the tablet. The 2 ml vodka per 1 mg benzo is likely overshooting the amount necessary to actually dissolve the Valium, but we don’t know with absolute certainty so better to overshoot than not.

Thank you.

Don’t worry about a pill crusher, the vodka will take care of dissolving the tablet. The 2 ml vodka per 1 mg benzo is likely overshooting the amount necessary to actually dissolve the Valium, but we don’t know with absolute certainty so better to overshoot than not.

Thank you Kitsune. I was looking at my syringe and I see that 4 ml vodka looks like quite a lot considering my CNS is really sensitive at this point. Would it be safe to use only 2 ml vodka?

Thank you.

Thank you Kitsune. I was looking at my syringe and I see that 4 ml vodka looks like quite a lot considering my CNS is really sensitive at this point. Would it be safe to use only 2 ml vodka?

I know of several people who have done 1 ml vodka per 1 mg benzo and it worked fine, I would just make sure you shake your mixture well before drawing.

Thank you.

I know of several people who have done 1 ml vodka per 1 mg benzo and it worked fine, I would just make sure you shake your mixture well before drawing.

I will. Thank you Kitsune. I'll start doing this when I'm able to. I've ordered a cup shaped tupperware to do the mixing, shaking and drinking, and a 10 ml syringe. I already have the vodka, so everything's ready except my brain.

Thank you.

Val, I do .10 every 15 to 17 days, working so far pretty good.  Not great, but I am surviving.  :smitten: :smitten: 

Hi Mary. I'm so glad you're being able to cut again. 0.10 is what I cut about 17 days ago and I couldn't make another cut yet. I've learned to listen to my brain and I've learned the hard way. I know I'm going very slow but look at my signature. I did a cold turkey years ago, after that, reinstated years later, after that, a taper, quite a fast one, and then the 2019 benzo tapering crash and all the glutamate damage it caused. I know that my brain needs to be treated very gently now. I'll be very very slow 🐌

Hi Mary. I'm so glad you're being able to cut again. 0.10 is what I cut about 17 days ago and I couldn't make another cut yet. I've learned to listen to my brain and I've learned the hard way. I know I'm going very slow but look at my signature. I did a cold turkey years ago, after that, reinstated years later, after that, a taper, quite a fast one, and then the 2019 benzo tapering crash and all the glutamate damage it caused. I know that my brain needs to be treated very gently now. I'll be very very slow 🐌

I'm with ya girlfriend.  These people that can do 7 to 10% every 2 weeks, just amaze me!  What I wouldn't give :D. But so far , my .1 every 15 to 17 days is working as well as I think I will every be able to do.  That's like 2.7% a month, I will maybe let it go a little above 3, but that's it.  Will start spreading out my days.  So many people have done so well , holding at 1 or 2 mgs for a year.  I keep that in the back of my mind  :):smitten: :smitten:

Hello.  Thought I'd peek in... I am one of the bad cases on the board and have to decide what to do.  It has been almost 4 years of intense withdrawal-- vibrating, no sleep, all of that-- am not even off.

I am very disciplined and strong to start, but not now.  I just want some sort of stability, whether that means going back to clonopin,  adding on lyrica or some other med, or what.  I am isolated, alone, NO backup.  Most of my days are in bed no energy, fearful I will die here alone, or else I feel trapped here since can't drive. 

Think about assisted living, which I would hate, or even ending it all if had the guts.  Am 68.  35 years on benzos for sleep.  I do have a circadian rhythm disorder and am non 24.  I could try Hetlioz but am terrified of any medication or supplement but I need to try something.  Or bought some Niagen, which is precursor to NAD, which a dozen or so people seem to have found helpful.  I also am Vit D deficient as rarely see daylight and starting on 5000 of that.

No dr. pressured me to get off at all and I feel like a fool that I did this to me.  (Well, after dr. did rx mirtazapine to me and that put me into acute right there).  One dr. said to me wow, that long on a med...  he did not think I should have tried to get off, probably.

thx

Hi All.  Finally made it under 3 mg recently and am decreasing by less than 10% a month for now (just reduced my rate a hair).  I'm in a bit of a wave at the moment, set off by stress.  Nothing too bad but nausea and sleep troubles, some extra shaking/twitching.  I just worked hard at cleaning bathrooms and am having to take a big break, waiting for my hands to stop shaking.  This isn't abnormal for me as I have had exercise intolerance for some time now but I still hate it.  I'm trying some a calming/self-soothing technique called Havening that my therapist recommended - it supposedly creates delta waves that are responsible for sleep.  Does anyone else have any other good suggestions for self-soothing, calming?  Even specific websites?  I hope all are hanging in there with all that's going on in the world. 

Barbara, I'm so sorry that you are suffering.  No one deserves that torture.  I don't have any good suggestions for you or know what is right but please do not end it.  And please do not blame yourself - this doesn't happen and you had no way of knowing and you don't know that you wouldn't have fallen into severe tolerance if you had stayed on.  I will say.....so many have said that once they are off, more healing comes but getting to the end is extremely hard for many.  Sending hugs!

Hi All.  Finally made it under 3 mg recently and am decreasing by less than 10% a month for now (just reduced my rate a hair).  I'm in a bit of a wave at the moment, set off by stress.  Nothing too bad but nausea and sleep troubles, some extra shaking/twitching.  I just worked hard at cleaning bathrooms and am having to take a big break, waiting for my hands to stop shaking.  This isn't abnormal for me as I have had exercise intolerance for some time now but I still hate it.  I'm trying some a calming/self-soothing technique called Havening that my therapist recommended - it supposedly creates delta waves that are responsible for sleep.  Does anyone else have any other good suggestions for self-soothing, calming?  Even specific websites?  I hope all are hanging in there with all that's going on in the world. 

Barbara, I'm so sorry that you are suffering.  No one deserves that torture.  I don't have any good suggestions for you or know what is right but please do not end it.  And please do not blame yourself - this doesn't happen and you had no way of knowing and you don't know that you wouldn't have fallen into severe tolerance if you had stayed on.  I will say.....so many have said that once they are off, more healing comes but getting to the end is extremely hard for many.  Sending hugs!

Something my therapist taught me that helps is to hug yourself and rest your hands on your chest right where your arms and chest come together and rhythmically pat yourself there. I find it really soothing. I also use something called “light stream” technique where I imagine a color that brings feelings of joy (for me it’s bright sunshine yellow) emanating from your heart and enveloping your body. I use those two techniques together and it helps a lot. I hope your wave ends soon.  :smitten:

Hello.  Thought I'd peek in... I am one of the bad cases on the board and have to decide what to do.  It has been almost 4 years of intense withdrawal-- vibrating, no sleep, all of that-- am not even off.

I am very disciplined and strong to start, but not now.  I just want some sort of stability, whether that means going back to clonopin,  adding on lyrica or some other med, or what.  I am isolated, alone, NO backup.  Most of my days are in bed no energy, fearful I will die here alone, or else I feel trapped here since can't drive. 

Think about assisted living, which I would hate, or even ending it all if had the guts.  Am 68.  35 years on benzos for sleep.  I do have a circadian rhythm disorder and am non 24.  I could try Hetlioz but am terrified of any medication or supplement but I need to try something.  Or bought some Niagen, which is precursor to NAD, which a dozen or so people seem to have found helpful.  I also am Vit D deficient as rarely see daylight and starting on 5000 of that.

No dr. pressured me to get off at all and I feel like a fool that I did this to me.  (Well, after dr. did rx mirtazapine to me and that put me into acute right there).  One dr. said to me wow, that long on a med...  he did not think I should have tried to get off, probably.

thx

I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult time. I would try to find a little encouragement that you're in the home stretch. Have you considered crossing over the Z to Valium? That's what I did

Sorry to jump in here guys but I’m just wondering is it possible to have interdose wd from Valium? I’m not stabilizing not sleeping barely at all. I was only taking 1.5mg since May the 2 mg at most for 2 weeks once I came off zopiclone was getting a few hours sleep most nights then I dropped to 1.75mg after 2 weeks was still getting a few hours sleep most nights then 2 weeks later dropped back to 1.5mg then sleep just evaporated. I feel like the Valium is doing nothing at all at this point now I’m at 1.35mg. I don’t know how I can keep reducing slowly when things are already this bad.

thx

I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult time. I would try to find a little encouragement that you're in the home stretch. Have you considered crossing over the Z to Valium? That's what I did

Yes, I did.  I just can't go up on valium-- I feel ever worse.  I might be able to go up on ambien... not sure.  Valium could be the problem... I don't want to take it sometimes but think I should.  Maybe I should stop it. ?