Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Saw this thread ....I've got a lot of muscle pains....and at times my back feels weak.....cramping of feet and hands......some twitching.....joint pains even in jaw.......

But does anyone crack or pop at joints....I'm popping or cracking everywhere....wonder if anyone has found something that helps if they suffer with this...

TM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

Pain in right hip and leg since May when restarted taper. Can't stand for more than five minutes. Can't walk distance which makes me sad since I always hiked. Now biking. Doc says lumbar pressing on nerve.  Heat makes worse, cold press helps. Myofascial release sessions really helped but can't afford anymore. Starting accupuncture next week since on my insurance and hope it helps.

Now toe and foot spasms, so weird watching a single toe involuntarily stretch out at weird angles and spasm, always at night. Realizing I need to stretch my whole body periodically throughout day, not hard, lightly stretch. Realizing I have been coiled up tight, especially feet, shoulders, and back, for years.

Can't afford to keep trying new supplements and I am up and down with anxiety and panic attacks so afraid to try anything new. 

[54...]

One,

You sound a lot like me, I have the sciatica, nerve pain and horrid cramps in my spine and hips.  They have eased somewhat finally, but can be miserable when it hits.  My one go to is Inositol, helps me sleep a little, and helps with anxiety, depression, mood.  I too have those 'jiggle toes' and jerks, not as often, but when your toe wiggles and jumps by itself it's freaky. ???  Acupuncture helps me, I've been going 1.5 yrs once a week.  Wish our insurance covered it, it's expensive.  Ice has always been my go to, heat just makes the inflammation worse, although when I could barely walk I used my heat/massage pad all day.

Hugs, MG :smitten:

Pain in right hip and leg since May when restarted taper. Can't stand for more than five minutes. Can't walk distance which makes me sad since I always hiked. Now biking. Doc says lumbar pressing on nerve.  Heat makes worse, cold press helps. Myofascial release sessions really helped but can't afford anymore. Starting accupuncture next week since on my insurance and hope it helps.

Now toe and foot spasms, so weird watching a single toe involuntarily stretch out at weird angles and spasm, always at night. Realizing I need to stretch my whole body periodically throughout day, not hard, lightly stretch. Realizing I have been coiled up tight, especially feet, shoulders, and back, for years.

Can't afford to keep trying new supplements and I am up and down with anxiety and panic attacks so afraid to try anything new.

Hi buddies. This is a great idea for a thread, im 17 months out now and doing really well. Most symptoms have died away and whats left is very managable apart from the muscle pain.

Its terrible . My whole back and neck is locked up and so unbelievably tight . Its the only thing stopping me from living a normal life!

Just wondering if most the buddies on here are in the same boat. Nearly recovered but in pain??

One,

You sound a lot like me, I have the sciatica, nerve pain and horrid cramps in my spine and hips.  They have eased somewhat finally, but can be miserable when it hits.  My one go to is Inositol, helps me sleep a little, and helps with anxiety, depression, mood.  I too have those 'jiggle toes' and jerks, not as often, but when your toe wiggles and jumps by itself it's freaky. ???  Acupuncture helps me, I've been going 1.5 yrs once a week.  Wish our insurance covered it, it's expensive.  Ice has always been my go to, heat just makes the inflammation worse, although when I could barely walk I used my heat/massage pad all day.

Wow, interesting! So weird about those muscle spasms, they hurt! But when they happen, I tell myself, good, my body is finally learning to relax. I can feel the tendons stretching and the joints cracking (hadn't heard that in ages). So very weird and never realized my toes and feet were all bunched up for years. My doctor (the nice PCP doc) did point it out one day and wondered about it, but I didn't think anything of it. Now my feet and toes are straightened out again. So weird.

We both have Histamine problems too. I am allergic to so many things and react to histamine in food. I also have asthma and my IgE is usually around 4000 (suppose to be under 100).  I get much worse from all asthma meds except for Theophylline which works but no way can I take it when tapering off Klonopin. (Side effects of even a low dose of Theophylline for me is major anxiety.) So I have to take a rescue inhaler like 10 times a day and now I think I am addicted to that. Plus it is hard to tell a panic attack from an asthma attack sometimes.

Interesting you had to quit probiotics, I am suspecting they could be a problem (and I have one that supposedly doesn't increase histamine). I am trying not to take any supplements, I am so afraid to rock the boat anymore.  I did start magnesium and B6 again but can't tell yet if it is helping or not. I am a wreck but will prevail.

[54...]

One,

Many call them spasms, but mine are literal cramps, horribly painful.  They say they are the same thing, maybe so, but the degree of intensity is much, much worse than even my painful spinal spasms for years.  It tightens up my hip and leg muscles, and then if I take an herb or something that ramps me up it gets so bad I have the worst radiating sciatica, and shortens my leg and back muscles bigtime, and even deep tissue massage I get once a week doesn't work, they cramp right back to where they were in an hour or so.  But thankfully I've gotten a break from most of that the last few weeks. 

Also, the more sleep I get the worse I feel and cramp during day, figures. :idiot:  I can't imagine how hard the asthma must be, and totally understand about differentiating between anxiety/asthma, that must be tough.  HUGS.

One,

Wow, interesting! So weird about those muscle spasms, they hurt! But when they happen, I tell myself, good, my body is finally learning to relax. I can feel the tendons stretching and the joints cracking (hadn't heard that in ages). So very weird and never realized my toes and feet were all bunched up for years. My doctor (the nice PCP doc) did point it out one day and wondered about it, but I didn't think anything of it. Now my feet and toes are straightened out again. So weird.

We both have Histamine problems too. I am allergic to so many things and react to histamine in food. I also have asthma and my IgE is usually around 4000 (suppose to be under 100).  I get much worse from all asthma meds except for Theophylline which works but no way can I take it when tapering off Klonopin. (Side effects of even a low dose of Theophylline for me is major anxiety.) So I have to take a rescue inhaler like 10 times a day and now I think I am addicted to that. Plus it is hard to tell a panic attack from an asthma attack sometimes.

Interesting you had to quit probiotics, I am suspecting they could be a problem (and I have one that supposedly doesn't increase histamine). I am trying not to take any supplements, I am so afraid to rock the boat anymore.  I did start magnesium and B6 again but can't tell yet if it is helping or not. I am a wreck but will prevail.

My terrier was on Theophylline for her collapsing trachea for years, it's a bad drug for sure, changed her personality, made her do things she wouldn't normally do, like mark in house.  Have you tried TCM for your asthma?  Once you are healed your acupuncturist can give you a formula that will help greatly.

Hi buddies. This is a great idea for a thread, im 17 months out now and doing really well. Most symptoms have died away and whats left is very managable apart from the muscle pain.

Its terrible . My whole back and neck is locked up and so unbelievably tight . Its the only thing stopping me from living a normal life!

Just wondering if most the buddies on here are in the same boat. Nearly recovered but in pain??

Anyone??

[54...]

Me, feel like I'm close, but the pain gets me some days.  Upper back is the worst now and neck where I'm fused.  I have other health issues now I attribute to these poison pills and recovery.  Benign tumor on my left adrenal gland, gallstones, nodes/cysts in my peritoneal cavity I have to have biopsied soon, and other mild sx's like tinnitus, dry skin, eczema, occasional insomnia and anxiety, but all mild

MG

Anyone??

Me too Lockie!

I could have written your post as most of the other stuff has either gone or is less than it was.

What`s stopping me from a normal life now is the neck and back pain in spasm...sometimes my legs as well.

Mine has been in a pattern this last 3 months where every other day the pain is worse...then back to a slightly better day.

But saying that the pain never goes, just down a notch on those better days.

Have you found anything to help?  I`d just love to know of `anything` that can ease this for us.

best

NCT

Me too Lockie!

I could have written your post as most of the other stuff has either gone or is less than it was.

What`s stopping me from a normal life now is the neck and back pain in spasm...sometimes my legs as well.

Mine has been in a pattern this last 3 months where every other day the pain is worse...then back to a slightly better day.

But saying that the pain never goes, just down a notch on those better days.

Have you found anything to help?  I`d just love to know of `anything` that can ease this for us.

best

NCT

Good to get some validation its not only me. Been in a wave for a week now but only minor mental symptoms but damn im so sore!! Im sure this is the final stages and we can look forward  to being healed soon

I had a recent flare up of extreme muscle tightness and pain, mainly on the left hip and piriformis and down my left leg. Left knee extremely sore. This all coincides with a big increase in stressful situations and so I am not surprised. Stress always flares me up.

I started taking warm bubble baths every evening and went back to my gentle stretching regimen (which I got lazy about and had stopped doing). It has helped--my hamstrings are so tight and sore and were causing me left knee pain. Pain level is much bettter today.

I had a recent flare up of extreme muscle tightness and pain, mainly on the left hip and piriformis and down my left leg. Left knee extremely sore. This all coincides with a big increase in stressful situations and so I am not surprised. Stress always flares me up.

I started taking warm bubble baths every evening and went back to my gentle stretching regimen (which I got lazy about and had stopped doing). It has helped--my hamstrings are so tight and sore and were causing me left knee pain. Pain level is much bettter today.

I minimize the idea that stress could cause a flare up in our muscles, tendons, etc., but that totally makes sense! I have to recognize that from now on! I know I am totally stressed out from the news and plus have an interview Tuesday and now the holidays. Wish I could relax, seems I just can't no matter what I do in the past few days

I minimize the idea that stress could cause a flare up in our muscles, tendons, etc., but that totally makes sense! I have to recognize that from now on! I know I am totally stressed out from the news and plus have an interview Tuesday and now the holidays. Wish I could relax, seems I just can't no matter what I do in the past few days

When I really pay attention to my body, I can feel my muscles clenching. It is really hard to relax, I know, especially this time of year. The holidays can cause a lot of stress--I have reined in my expectations for the past few years and I have cut back on what I do for the holidays.

I have been avoiding watching any news since it causes me stress too. I have gone back to taking a soaking bath--it helps me to relax my muscles. And helps me calm my mind so that I can fall asleep more easily.

Good luck at your interview!

Mountaingirl and BlueMoon, and all, thanks for the support! I have been reading about trigger points and trying to learnt ways to use this concept, like using foam rollers or a tennis ball. Has anyone else tried this?

[54...]

One,

I do acupressure points, same points as acupuncture, they are very effective.  My Chinese acupuncturist helps me to make sure I'm on the right spot.  Your welcome. :smitten:  That's what it's all about, helping each other! 

Hugs, MG :hug:

Mountaingirl and BlueMoon, and all, thanks for the support! I have been reading about trigger points and trying to learnt ways to use this concept, like using foam rollers or a tennis ball. Has anyone else tried this?

Yes! I learned from my myofascial massage therapist how to do the release on my own. I use a Thummby cone and an Orb ball--can get both on Amazon. I use the Orb ball to roll on my hips, hip flexor muscles, ham strings which give me a lot of trouble. I also use it to roll down the sides of my legs--IT band--mine are always tight and sore. A foam roller may be enough for you though.  The Orb ball can be pretty intense since it is hard rubber. But I have gotten used to it and foam rollers do not cut it for me.

I use the Thummby everywhere else that's sore.  It has a suction cup so you can put it on a wall to get to areas on your back, shoulder blades, neck.

Yes! I learned from my myofascial massage therapist how to do the release on my own. I use a Thummby cone and an Orb ball--can get both on Amazon. I use the Orb ball to roll on my hips, hip flexor muscles, ham strings which give me a lot of trouble. I also use it to roll down the sides of my legs--IT band--mine are always tight and sore. A foam roller may be enough for you though.  The Orb ball can be pretty intense since it is hard rubber. But I have gotten used to it and foam rollers do not cut it for me.

I use the Thummby everywhere else that's sore.  It has a suction cup so you can put it on a wall to get to areas on your back, shoulder blades, neck.

Great ideas! That is so cool, the idea you can put it on wall and adjust your back to hit it right. Thanks!  :)

I use a chop stick to get into my upper back muscles, I don't know if this is bad. My muscles are giving me hell today, even in my eyes. My neck is always the worst, it's so bad I feel dizzy and faint or maybe that's just another sx.

Hi ya all......my muscle are so tight today....I really order if it's emething I'm eating making me worse....so confused....my joints always bother me along with my jaw......and some teeth....but today my right hip and left knee is so bad I can feel the muscles squeezing or tightening.....it's to the point that I can't relax.....

Wish there was something that would help....I'm so sick of hearing my joints pop or crack....

Does anyone know if physical therapy can help ...I'm starting tomorrow....if anyone has any ideals on something I could request to help ....please let me know...

Hugs

TM

Good thread

Hi ya all......my muscle are so tight today....I really order if it's emething I'm eating making me worse....so confused....my joints always bother me along with my jaw......and some teeth....but today my right hip and left knee is so bad I can feel the muscles squeezing or tightening.....it's to the point that I can't relax.....

Wish there was something that would help....I'm so sick of hearing my joints pop or crack....

Does anyone know if physical therapy can help ...I'm starting tomorrow....if anyone has any ideals on something I could request to help ....please let me know...

Hugs

TM

Good thread

This is just a thought to ask your physical therapist to check--ask him to check your psoas muscles, deep abdominal muscles. It they are tight or in spasm, it can cause all kinds of problems with your hip, hip flexor muscles, and on down the line to your knees. I have this problem--(psoas syndrome)and there is a really good stretch, a partial lunge that will stretch the psoas muscles. Also, you may have weak hip flexor muscles and that can go along with the psoas problem. Your physical therapist can test your hip flexor muscle strength too. I do a hip flexor strengthening exercise right after I do the psoas stretch. It makes a huge difference after a few days. My hip and knee pain went away. Sitting for long periods of time can cause tight psoas muscles.

That may not be your problem, but may be worth a look.

Hugs

TM

Good thread

This is just a thought to ask your physical therapist to check--ask him to check your psoas muscles, deep abdominal muscles. It they are tight or in spasm, it can cause all kinds of problems with your hip, hip flexor muscles, and on down the line to your knees. I have this problem--(psoas syndrome)and there is a really good stretch, a partial lunge that will stretch the psoas muscles. Also, you may have weak hip flexor muscles and that can go along with the psoas problem. Your physical therapist can test your hip flexor muscle strength too. I do a hip flexor strengthening exercise right after I do the psoas stretch. It makes a huge difference after a few days. My hip and knee pain went away. Sitting for long periods of time can cause tight psoas muscles.

Could you link a clip or image for the stretch and exercise you do? I have lot's of psoas problems

Hi Folks, been lurking but not posting. 

One of my "King" symptoms that's long worn out the welcome mat:  Muscle tension/pain, 24/7, upper body from the top of my skull, crazy unbelievably tight/shortened muscles ... head/face (occipitals particularly bad), through my neck and into my trapezius muscles.  Bane of my life, I've been slammed with this sx and it's rendered me pretty darn incapacitated.  >:(

I have a question, it's a strange phenomenon that I experience and wondering if it happens to anyone else or if anyone can come up with any theories, I'd love to try and make some kind of sense of it. 

This is it.  That short "twilight" phase when transitioning from being awake to falling asleep, and the same thing during those first few seconds when just awaking.  During these brief moments, all my muscles relax completely 100% and my accompanying pulsating rocky boat symptom disappears 100%.  Meaning I am experience a few short seconds (five to ten max) of pure bliss in a perfectly normal, relaxed, peaceful and still body.  And then it starts right up again, I feel the vise start crushing my head tighter and tighter and the rocky boat starts chugging and rocking and swaying my whole body, legs tingling, no sensation of the surface under me, etc. etc.  Madness.

Anyone else notice this?  Or maybe it happens to you but you haven't been aware of it or paid attention, considering most (normal) people typically just transition between sleep and wakefulness naturally and peacefully.

This muscle stuff is the pits, it's a very cruel symptom, and I'm so sorry for everyone on this thread, may you all see some easing up soon.

:smitten:

Hi abcd!  Omg, those few precious seconds/minutes are amazing!  For me it's upon waking up.  I feel like I could actually get up, get ready and go head first into life.  I know it's only temporary, but I do savor that time. 

My theory is after a period of rest (finally, sweet sleep aka brain repair time) that part of our brain isn't in w/d overload.  Maybe it's a glimpse of what will be one day, all day. 

My neck pain (stiffness, nerves on fire, shoots down arms and upper back), lower back all in knots, spasms. While this pain is constant it is only overshadowed by the brain zapping rod being rammed into my skull, left side for now, right side later....maybe all over like being in an electrified vice grip helmet.  And the extreme head pressure that puts me all out of wack too. 

Thanks for posting!  The way you describe that feeling is spot on! 

Hugs

TM

Good thread

Could you link a clip or image for the stretch and exercise you do? I have lot's of psoas problems

Hi Corsair--

Here is the link to the exercises/psoas stretch I do--I do the first, basic lunge stretch that he shows and I try to turn my leg inwards to get a stronger stretch. I always do the psoas strengthening right after I do the psoas stretch.

http://www.fix-knee-pain.com/psoas-stretch/