Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

[71...]

I have my strength back, but am still cramping because I'm taking herbs for other health issues.  When I don't take them I don't cramp much or if at all.

MG

Anyone else on here getting their strength back and muscle pain getting better? Nearly 31 months off here and still dealing with it on and off daily. CBD helps but not a miracle cure. Starting to wonder if this is it  :(

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

I have my strength back, but am still cramping because I'm taking herbs for other health issues.  When I don't take them I don't cramp much or if at all.

MG

MG -

What herbs are you taking that are causing cramping?

Never heard of this one, will investigate it.  Peppermint tea is really helping with muscle cramps in my spine.  I used it early out and got sick of the taste, but it really does work.  How much Serrapeptase do you take a day, how many times?

MG :smitten:

Hey MG!  I think my capsules are 40,000 units each. I generally take two in the morning and two about 45 minutes before dinner. In the beginning, I was taking two in the morning, two in the afternoon (or noon), and then two before dinner. I dropped down to four per day after I got things under control. It's really crucial to not take Serrapeptase with food. It acts as a digestive enzyme. We don't want that, so it's important to take it 30-45 minutes before food or at least 2 hours after food. I take my first two in the morning as soon as I wake up (an hour or so before eating) and then about an hour before dinner. I usually order the Doctor's Best brand from Amazon. That's what my nurse friend does. I have Amazon Prime, so it's really cheap.

Keep fighting the fight, MG!! Bless ya...

Just an FYI in case you've never been exposed to it: Serrapeptase has been massive as far as helping my muscle and even joint pain during this last crazy taper off klonopin. A friend of mine has been a holistic oncology nurse for 24 years, and Serrapeptase has been magical in helping her patients deal with severe muscle and joint pain. It may be worth researching if you've never done so. My muscle and joint pain got really out of control until she told me about this. It took several weeks to "kick in", but well worth it, to say the least. I get Serrapeptase for about $10 a bottle. Believe me, I've tried everything else under the sun to help me. For what it's worth....

Bless you all!!

[71...]

Nathan,

Most cause me cramping, only ones that don't are Stinging Nettle Leaves & Thyme.  Even Vitamin D makes me cramp, and most other supplements.  I'm taking a Chinese formula for other issues, and it's making me cramp, but Peppermint tea is keeping it down to about 20%, otherwise I couldn't even take it.

MG

MG -

What herbs are you taking that are causing cramping?

MG.....to you ever feel weak like someone is pushing your whole body into the ground?

Been dealing with this lately just wondering if you ever have this feeling

TM

[71...]

Ultra,

Thanks! I missed your response.  I bought 120,000 and take it twice a day.  Yep on empty stomach!

Ultra what is serrepeptase and how much do you take?

TM

Howdy! See my response to MG below (or above...not sure how this message thing works). Hopefully this link works and will give you some more direct info:  https://highlevelwellness.ca/blogs/news/80706436-conquer-inflammation-with-serrapeptase

Take care!

[71...]

Hi Texas,

Yes, it's nerve pain I've figured out.  Makes me feel heavy like I weigh 2 tons.  Sucks.  It gets better Sis.

MG.....to you ever feel weak like someone is pushing your whole body into the ground?

Been dealing with this lately just wondering if you ever have this feeling

TM

Hi All,

Just want to mention Methocarbamol for those who have bad spasms.

My constantv24/7 tightness and spasm along my whole back, neck, shoulders and legs is so bad there is no position I can get in to and relax at all.

Yesterday I decided to try the Methocarbamol I have taken on and off for decades when spasm is bad and, while spasm is still there, it has eased it a bit which is a great relief.

As far as I can work out there is no reason that this can't bectaken during withdrawal.

Ajusta, are you sure this is safe? The wikipedia article is scary: "it is marketed by Actient Pharmaceuticals in the United States and Pfizer in Canada. The mechanism of action of methocarbamol is currently unknown, but may involve the inhibition of carbonic anhydrase.[2] The muscle relaxant effects of methocarbamol are largely attributed to central depressant effects".

Hi All,

Just want to mention Methocarbamol for those who have bad spasms.

My constantv24/7 tightness and spasm along my whole back, neck, shoulders and legs is so bad there is no position I can get in to and relax at all.

Yesterday I decided to try the Methocarbamol I have taken on and off for decades when spasm is bad and, while spasm is still there, it has eased it a bit which is a great relief.

As far as I can work out there is no reason that this can't bectaken during withdrawal.

No drug is 100% safe.

I have severe spasm & dystonia 24/7.

I was originally put on diazepam for spasm and my life is not worth living if I have no relief from it so I will take the Methocarbamol when I need to.

Great that it works and relieves you. I'm just very suspicious of meds in general :-[ and, at least from the wikipedia description, we can not conclude that it won't interfere with withdrawal. Perhaps some of the others has some experience with it that could share with us...

Anyone experienced muscles being relaxed when you wake up but then tightening during ghe day? My muscles feels quite relaxed when I wake up but then when I start using them they become tight. I also have feeling like light weights are heavy and my muscle strength is gone. I know it is not the case but it is the feeling I have. Anyone else?

Careful... I found this. 

Methocarbamol is a central muscle relaxant used to treat skeletal muscle spasms. Under the trade name Robaxin, it is marketed by Actient Pharmaceuticals in the United States and Pfizer in Canada. Methocarbamol produces its clinical effects through agonism of the GABAA receptor, resulting in an exaggerated effect of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which occurs naturally in the brain.

Hi! My name is Anna and I come from Sweden, and I hope I can join this group. I use the translator, so I hope it will not be too crazy.

I received benso for many years because of fibromyalgia. The abstinence does not matter better ..... But I don`t know if this diagnosis is right, maybe it was tolerance and withdrawal? The pain has changed, it's not like before.

In addition to the pain, burning feeling with tingling. Having trouble sitting still because of the pain, but at the same time I'm hard to move.

I try with movement and meditation, but sometimes it only gets worse. Trying to activate me will get worse.

Perhaps it is both fibromyalgia and pain from the withdrawal?

Thomas66 - You describe my situation exactly. 

Translator100 - Welcome aboard.  Withdrawal definitely causes fibromyalgia like pain itself. It will be very difficult to seperate what is from your original fibromyalgia and what is from the withdrawal. I never had fibromyalgia, but since withdrawal I now have very fibromyalgia like pain.

Thanks Nathan!

For my part, I don`t get better because I have been sleeping on the sofa for 2 years, and it's not the best ..... But in the acute phase I had so much fears, and so moved to the sofa. I also have a lot of aches on my face, but there are lots of tension. Is it alike for you?

Careful... I found this. 

Methocarbamol is a central muscle relaxant used to treat skeletal muscle spasms. Under the trade name Robaxin, it is marketed by Actient Pharmaceuticals in the United States and Pfizer in Canada. Methocarbamol produces its clinical effects through agonism of the GABAA receptor, resulting in an exaggerated effect of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which occurs naturally in the brain.

Do you have a link. I have only found that the mechaniam of action is unknown.

Problem is I have a lot of medical problems that cause spasm.

Thanks Nathan!

For my part, I don`t get better because I have been sleeping on the sofa for 2 years, and it's not the best ..... But in the acute phase I had so much fears, and so moved to the sofa. I also have a lot of aches on my face, but there are lots of tension. Is it alike for you?

For me the pain is in the large muscles that attach to the bottom of my left ribcage (external obliques), the muscles in my left foot, and the quadriceps of the leg (again, mainly on the left).

I have had some pain around my head and face but that seems to have mostly gotten better.

Nathan, sometimes when I have a lot of pain in the foot, and one leg, I can cramp in my foot. It hurts, and is quite unpleasant. Can you feel the same thing?

Yes, I have this sort of pain.

For me it is almost always on the left and that seems to be somewhat more common, though we do have some people that have right side pain.

In fact, the pain started for me in my left foot a month or two after quitting.

I'm glad I found this thread. My Valium taper has been okay but now that I am down to 11 mg. I have discovered I get a lot of muscle pain. The last straw was yesterday when I leaned into my mini van to get the dog out and my muscles right above my patella screamed out in pain. I could barely walk after that. I am now realizing for quite some time that I can never seem to relax because all of my muscles are so tight. I used to play 4X a day for 3 hours a game called Pickleball but last week I played for an hour only and was on the couch all day the next day. Now I think instead of playing 12 hours per week I will be down to just 2-3 hours. I realized that I am now tapering my Valium at 20% per month, so I am cutting that back to 10%. I guess this is a good place to be as other buddies know what this is like. I really hate this! This takes new meaning to the word, uptight.

Bgirl - I am sorry to her you are among the denizens with the muscle pain.  I am glad to see you are nearing the last frontier on the Valium.  You know, like many, the muscle s**t is just w/d.  You'll get through it.  W