Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Been getting tingling and numbness on left side of neck and head .need help .it's seems to be all over my body now.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

Been getting tingling and numbness on left side of neck and head .need help .it's seems to be all over my body now.

Sioban123: How fast are you tapering? Perhaps you need to hold for awhile and let body recover? Can you provide some info in your signature so others can help?

I am in so much pain, and I have been while I was on benzo, while tapering and now at 10 months off, it continues to be my worse sx. I am scared that I will have to live with pain for the rest of my life. I aslo find if I get stressed out the pain gets worse

[df...]

I am in so much pain, and I have been while I was on benzo, while tapering and now at 10 months off, it continues to be my worse sx. I am scared that I will have to live with pain for the rest of my life. I aslo find if I get stressed out the pain gets worse

Waiting,

You are early out yet, hang on it does get better.  I'm almost 24 months and am finally noticing my sx's only last a day or two then switch to another sx.  Try not to stress, just remember the sx's are your brain healing itself.  If you had few sx's and didn't get more till late out then it would take much longer to heal.  Muscle cramps and pain, along with nerve pain are my absolute worst sx and very debilitating because I'm crippled from surgeries and accidents.  I never thought I would heal either, but I am. 

Hang tough buddy!  :hug:

MG

Hi All can I join you all here?

MG -thanks for your posts, knowing this gets better certainly helps.

Pain, mostly in my back and my neck have been my most severe sx throughout, I`ve had other stuff going on like some anxiety, nausea tinnitus, dizziness but the pain has been h*ll.

I had an old pain problem with my sacroiliac joint but strangely that`s not given me much grief, some days it has but not as bad as it used to be, so after almost 14 months, I beginning to believe the benzos were making that worse.

My back pain moves almost daily, one day lower back, next higher or even down into my butt, but everywhere it hurts are places I`ve never had pain before!  And of course my neck has been stiff too.

I try heat, ice, OTC meds, Epsom baths but nothing really helps and think we`re going to have to just wait this out b/c if these pains weren't there before then it must be w/d ...right?

Anyway, another day here with nerve pain kicking in....yesterday was stiffness!  Today both!

I`m hoping that b/c the nerve pain is yoyo-ing to alternative days that it`s a good sign!

I`m so sorry we`re all going through this ...wishing us all some big open windows.

NCT X

Hi Buddies,

Lots of pain here too, neck, spine, arms, legs....some days worse than others. Today it is humid weather and it feels worse for some reason. I take ibuprofen but nothing helps. I try to keep moving, walks, stretching exercises, do what feels right. :thumbsup: I am 58, older and I have lots of joint and muscle pain, some is age I guess LOL. I will take an Epsom bath tonight with some lavender oil. Being kind to myself helps best. :smitten:

Sending healing and wellness to all of us. :smitten:

Love Moya XXX

[92...]

I'm sorry we are all in so much physical pain. 😕

Mornings are always the worst with the morning cortisol blast bringing intense heat, burning, tingling and deep tissue pain, taking several hours to dissipate. I also experience it on the right side of my face with involuntary twitching and burning.

This is becoming more pronounced the lower I get in my taper.

A good BB buddy recommended an accupressure mat. It helps distract the nerve pain with applied pressure to the skin. Not curative but good CNS distraction.

Hi Moya, i will stop by your blog.

Marija

Dear Marija,

Gosh you have gone down on your Valium, well done.......we are almost at the same dose now!! I am minus 26 +mg and like you, going lower has caused a lot of symptoms. I too have that burning on my face and sweating has become a very unwelcome and visible problem. I am trying to not care but I do of course. :tickedoff: LOL. I try to laugh about it because this taper is making me more and more humble. There is no looking good anymore!

Pain today has been particularly bad so I decided to add myself to this group. I have tried to rest as I have been moving a lot, doing a lot with hubby who is on holiday at the moment. I am doing well and can even see an end and can cope with the idea of being on zero medication. It does not scare me as much as before. :thumbsup:

We are getting there Marija, so glad you have been with me and so glad for all buddies who have been a support. :thumbsup:

Watching TV at the moment and I hope to be up and about again tomorrow. :smitten:

Have a good weekend and I am sure the children will be on holiday soon. I hope you have a nice plan to get away soon. I also hope you and hubby have found a way forward. I am still working on my relationship. It is going well at the moment, a blessing but it takes work on both parts. :thumbsup:

Love Moya XXX

[92...]

Dear Marija,

Gosh you have gone down on your Valium, well done.......we are almost at the same dose now!! I am minus 26 +mg and like you, going lower has caused a lot of symptoms. I too have that burning on my face and sweating has become a very unwelcome and visible problem. I am trying to not care but I do of course. :tickedoff: LOL. I try to laugh about it because this taper is making me more and more humble. There is no looking good anymore!

Pain today has been particularly bad so I decided to add myself to this group. I have tried to rest as I have been moving a lot, doing a lot with hubby who is on holiday at the moment. I am doing well and can even see an end and can cope with the idea of being on zero medication. It does not scare me as much as before. :thumbsup:

We are getting there Marija, so glad you have been with me and so glad for all buddies who have been a support. :thumbsup:

Watching TV at the moment and I hope to be up and about again tomorrow. :smitten:

Have a good weekend and I am sure the children will be on holiday soon. I hope you have a nice plan to get away soon. I also hope you and hubby have found a way forward. I am still working on my relationship. It is going well at the moment, a blessing but it takes work on both parts. :thumbsup:

Love Moya XXX

You always bring a smile to my face!!  Love your openess, wisdom and willingness to share.

Yes, no hiding from the benzo uglies 😱  at this stage. Take me as I am!

Kiddos are out of school and enjoying friends, new activities, and less scheduled, hectic days. This has reduced my driving demands helping immensely when symptoms are flaring. Mornings have always been the worst part of the day for me so I welcome "sleeping" in instead of driving through torturous traffic with ice bags strapped to my body!

Rest up, Moya and I will catch up more with you later.

Xx Marija

[df...]

Mornings are always the worst with the morning cortisol blast bringing intense heat, burning, tingling and deep tissue pain, taking several hours to dissipate. I also experience it on the right side of my face with involuntary twitching and burning.

A good BB buddy recommended an accupressure mat. It helps distract the nerve pain with applied pressure to the skin. Not curative but good CNS distraction.

Marija

Marija,

Acupressure points do work somewhat, they help me sleep and help with some of the nerve pain/cramps depending on how ramped up I am that day.  I saw those mats, very interesting, let me know how it works.  I taught myself a ton of them to help relieve all kinds of sx's.  Also going to acupuncture once a week.

Hugs, MG

[92...]

Marija

Marija,

Acupressure points do work somewhat, they help me sleep and help with some of the nerve pain/cramps depending on how ramped up I am that day.  I saw those mats, very interesting, let me know how it works.  I taught myself a ton of them to help relieve all kinds of sx's.  Also going to acupuncture once a week.

Hugs, MG

Hi MG,

I've used my accupressure mat every morning and just before bed for several months now and find it helps greatly with altering the nerve pain. It's interesting how applying controlled, external pain improves the internal activity.

http://www.spoonkspace.com/

I ordered mine from Amazon

Marija 🌸

Marija,

Thank you for the link. I will check it out.  :thumbsup: It makes good sense to disturb the path of pain. :thumbsup: I am really glad you can rest a bit more with the kids off school now. Yes, always honest and true to myself here, there is nowhere to hide anymore.....No tablets are a symbol of openness for me,  just "be" me and finding the best I can in life. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hugs dear,

Moya XX

[df...]

Marija

Marija,

Hugs, MG

Hi MG,

I've used my accupressure mat every morning and just before bed for several months now and find it helps greatly with altering the nerve pain. It's interesting how applying controlled, external pain improves the internal activity.

Marija 🌸

Marija,

Thanks for sharing!  Going to price them now.  Having a ton of cramps in T-spine this evening, and it hurts to breathe.  I'm fused up there, and have more herniations, feels like a rope around my spine.  Much easier to lay on a mat then do the acupressure points with fingers!

Hugs, MG :smitten:

[92...]

Marija

Marija,

Hugs, MG

Hi MG,

Marija 🌸

Marija,

Thanks for sharing!  Going to price them now.  Having a ton of cramps in T-spine this evening, and it hurts to breathe.  I'm fused up there, and have more herniations, feels like a rope around my spine.  Much easier to lay on a mat then do the acupressure points with fingers!

Hugs, MG :smitten:

MG,

Sounds terribly painful:(. I'm find that lying onthe mat with a separate neck roll, excellent to relax on and calm the misfiring nerves. I'm also using an electromagnetic bed once a week at my chiropractor. I'm not sure yet how helpful that is but the research is promising.

Additionally, my accupressure kit came with a lavender scented eye mask/bag to help with the healing ambiance:)

Hope this brings you some much needed relief.

Marija 💗

[92...]

Marija,

Thank you for the link. I will check it out.  :thumbsup: It makes good sense to disturb the path of pain. :thumbsup: I am really glad you can rest a bit more with the kids off school now. Yes, always honest and true to myself here, there is nowhere to hide anymore.....No tablets are a symbol of openness for me,  just "be" me and finding the best I can in life. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hugs dear,

Moya XX

Moya,

Yes, honouring ones truth. Perfect.

Xx Marija

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I get really awful muscle pain too. I got it about 2 and a half years ago along with nerve/neurological symptoms.

The pain is mosly in my left side but if I'm really stressed or tired or overdo it , it is anywhere and everywhere.

I've had many blood test . Al normal.  2 Mri s which do not show only a small degree of degenerative changes. The stiffness in the spine is so difficult. 

Hello everybody, 

I'm  2 months benzo free,  I have some anxiety episodes everyday, I counted to see my progress.

my symptoms now are:

Tinnitus, social anxiety, 

my new symptom:    I cant be sit in a chair, my hand start tingling, and I get anxious. 

I have to be stand  up, walking, lay  in my bed or in a recliner position, I go to work  and  recline my self in my chair.  I can't sit normal    y.

Any body have any idea?   

Thanks

TEX

[df...]

Tex,

I take 600mg Alpha Lipoic acid and have since I have 12 months aprox, it's made all the difference.  I have very few twitches, jolts, etc, just weak leg nerve pain now. 

MG

Hey guys,

I am almost 20 month benzo free and still have a lot of pain in my legs and kbee....sometimes the right leg goes stiff or numb...i am so worried now that this will stay like this forever.

Hey guys,

I am almost 20 month benzo free and still have a lot of pain in my legs and kbee....sometimes the right leg goes stiff or numb...i am so worried now that this will stay like this forever.

Have you had it checked out? There can be other causes of leg and knee pain. LL

• 3 weeks later...

Tex,

I take 600mg Alpha Lipoic acid and have since I have 12 months aprox, it's made all the difference.  I have very few twitches, jolts, etc, just weak leg nerve pain now. 

MG

MG,

I take ALA and it helps me also. 

• Popular Now