Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Glad to have found this group, I though maybe I was having all this pain just from getting older or something! I'm 41, no spring chicken but I don't feel like I should be having all of these back and hip problems!!! I'm kind of relieved to find out it could be a withdrawal symptom. Especially my hip, it has been bothering me for over a year now and it sucks! It has been particularly bad lately, today I finally got up the energy to go on a walk but then my hip hurt so bad I had to turn around and come back. Le sigh. Has anyone tried any joint supplements like CoQ10 or anything like that? I'm taking so many apps already, I hesitate to add more but if it would help I would definitely take it.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

[6e...]

Olive,

I take antioxidants and they help, just slow with them for myself, I overdid it, and the detox of liver caused some inflammation where I didn't want it.  :-\  I take Astaxathin, Moringa powder, and just got Mangosteen powder.  I was drinking Holy Basil tea, but eased up for a few days, tho I will go back to it.  Inflammation is what the benzos cause, and antioxidants are great for that.  Every human being should be taking them.  Inflammation is what kills us, whether cancer or cardiovasular disease, etc.  I'm going to be on them the rest of my life.

MG :smitten:

Glad to have found this group, I though maybe I was having all this pain just from getting older or something! I'm 41, no spring chicken but I don't feel like I should be having all of these back and hip problems!!! I'm kind of relieved to find out it could be a withdrawal symptom. Especially my hip, it has been bothering me for over a year now and it sucks! It has been particularly bad lately, today I finally got up the energy to go on a walk but then my hip hurt so bad I had to turn around and come back. Le sigh. Has anyone tried any joint supplements like CoQ10 or anything like that? I'm taking so many apps already, I hesitate to add more but if it would help I would definitely take it.

Just curious--I was taking SO much vitamin B (I mean--a lot) for leg and hand pain---and then my dr said to stop taking it b/c of liver issues--better to get from food. I did have a blood test come back for inflammation. You think it could be from the B? Just wondering. I'm so cold all the time--

For cramps--and I know I have said before--there is a natural remedy on Amazon that works great. Caleb Treez Organic Farm--just apple cider vinegar and lemon and garlic juice. Tastes so  bad but stops cramps totally--I take it before bed mixed with magnesium---

I'm glad to have come across this group. I have bad TMJ, neck, shoulders, back pain that's so consistent. I was wondering has anybody here experienced chronic pelvic pain or prostatitis issues? I've heard withdrawal can also cause this but haven't seen a lot on it. I get rectal spasms, burning, and genital pain. (Sorry TMI). Has anybody experienced this? It's quite severe and debilitating.

I'm glad to have come across this group. I have bad TMJ, neck, shoulders, back pain that's so consistent. I was wondering has anybody here experienced chronic pelvic pain or prostatitis issues? I've heard withdrawal can also cause this but haven't seen a lot on it. I get rectal spasms, burning, and genital pain. (Sorry TMI). Has anybody experienced this? It's quite severe and debilitating.

Yes, I have this as my primary symptom. I can't explain how bad it is - now it seem to be a nerve issue. Can't even taper it's so bad. I keep researching adjunct meds to help but everything seems like a bad idea and physical therapy only made things worse. Literally no help here but thought I'd let you know I have it too. Had some rectal spasms back in 07 or so but they just cleared up on their own. Hadn't thought about them in years until taking Ativan a year ago - took forever to connect it to benzos and then I didn't get off as fast as I should have. Mistakes were made.

Yes, I have this as my primary symptom. I can't explain how bad it is - now it seem to be a nerve issue. Can't even taper it's so bad. I keep researching adjunct meds to help but everything seems like a bad idea and physical therapy only made things worse. Literally no help here but thought I'd let you know I have it too. Had some rectal spasms back in 07 or so but they just cleared up on their own. Hadn't thought about them in years until taking Ativan a year ago - took forever to connect it to benzos and then I didn't get off as fast as I should have. Mistakes were made.

So sorry to hear you have this horrible pelvic pain. I've been driving myself insane with trying to find potential treatment options but seem to be chasing my tail. Do you attribute all of your pelvic pain to withdrawal? Were the rectal spasms a seperate issue? I'm stuck tapering at snails pace and don't know what to do. Have you heard of "Palmitoylethanolamide"? Or "PEA"? It's the one thing that I am considering.

So sorry to hear you have this horrible pelvic pain. I've been driving myself insane with trying to find potential treatment options but seem to be chasing my tail. Do you attribute all of your pelvic pain to withdrawal? Were the rectal spasms a seperate issue? I'm stuck tapering at snails pace and don't know what to do. Have you heard of "Palmitoylethanolamide"? Or "PEA"? It's the one thing that I am considering.

lol story of my life re treatment options and tail chasing. I do attribute everything to benzos, more or less. Obviously I have a tight pelvic floor and benzos target your weak spots, they're muscle relaxants etc. However, I'd had only a few days of symptoms in 8+ years and then bam fresh flare ups 10 days after starting my "as needed" ativan script last December. Of course I didn't connect the dots until too late.

As for PEA, this is the only thing I've come across about it so far in relation to us. It didn't make me seek out more information.

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2243&hilit=Palmitoylethanolamide

[a5...]

I'm the Queen of excruciating pelvic floor pain and rectal pain, burning, crotch anxiety, bladder squeezing, glute pain, hip crushing, incontinence. I had it all from Ativan severely from the first dose back in 2003 until recovery in 2008. It was horrific. I even flew to a pelvic pain clinic in 2006 after 3 horrific years of it for a week to learn how to help myself but it was the benzo causing it. The author of Headache in the Pelvis told me I needed to come to his clinic 3,000 miles away to learn how to reverse this horror. I could barely function, but made the grueling trip and learned a lot. But, until I got off the benzo and endured withdrawal, the protocol I learned did very little to help. Flew home, tapered Ativan, flew to a Florida detox to get off last crumbs and things got much, much worse for another 16 months...by 18 months the pelvic pain started to wax and wane. All symptoms vanished 21 months after last dose. Gone. Peace in my Pelvis for the first time in 5 years. I did everything known to man for years to resolve it, but it was the drug causing inflammation of the pudendal and vagus nerves. I never had any of this crap before Versed anesthesia in 2003, then came Ativan, another benzo, to control symptoms...it failed and I plunged into hell.

I recovered fully in 2008 and then in January 2015 I took keflex for one week and all the pelvic floor horror returned. Terrifying. I'm still not recovered almost 3 years later, but it is starting to get better. This set of symptoms is horrific. Can't sit, going potty is horrific, the pain is unbearable. Day after day, year after year. I hope yours resolves soon. It may take quite a long time, but it should vanish. Pudendal Neuralgia is unbearable but I believe that's what you're dealing with. Don't waste the $5,000 I lost attending the clinic in California. Good info and therapy, but if you never had this before drugs...it's the drugs. IMO. I've done it all and pelvic floor issues were are are again my number 1 sx.

Dez

I'm the Queen of excruciating pelvic floor pain and rectal pain, burning, crotch anxiety, bladder squeezing, glute pain, hip crushing, incontinence. I had it all from Ativan severely from the first dose back in 2003 until recovery in 2008. It was horrific. I even flew to a pelvic pain clinic in 2006 after 3 horrific years of it for a week to learn how to help myself but it was the benzo causing it. The author of Headache in the Pelvis told me I needed to come to his clinic 3,000 miles away to learn how to reverse this horror. I could barely function, but made the grueling trip and learned a lot. But, until I got off the benzo and endured withdrawal, the protocol I learned did very little to help. Flew home, tapered Ativan, flew to a Florida detox to get off last crumbs and things got much, much worse for another 16 months...by 18 months the pelvic pain started to wax and wane. All symptoms vanished 21 months after last dose. Gone. Peace in my Pelvis for the first time in 5 years. I did everything known to man for years to resolve it, but it was the drug causing inflammation of the pudendal and vagus nerves. I never had any of this crap before Versed anesthesia in 2003, then came Ativan, another benzo, to control symptoms...it failed and I plunged into hell.

I recovered fully in 2008 and then in January 2015 I took keflex for one week and all the pelvic floor horror returned. Terrifying. I'm still not recovered almost 3 years later, but it is starting to get better. This set of symptoms is horrific. Can't sit, going potty is horrific, the pain is unbearable. Day after day, year after year. I hope yours resolves soon. It may take quite a long time, but it should vanish. Pudendal Neuralgia is unbearable but I believe that's what you're dealing with. Don't waste the $5,000 I lost attending the clinic in California. Good info and therapy, but if you never had this before drugs...it's the drugs. IMO. I've done it all and pelvic floor issues were are are again my number 1 sx.

Dez

Thanks, Dez. Back in March I read one of your posts that helped me piece it all together. I thought a slow taper would help minimize sxs and it did for a while, but apparently it wasn't slow enough. Perhaps I should have just tapered off much faster. Regardless, your info is invaluable.

It's so hard for me to know what is benzos (inter dose withdrawal/ paradoxicalbeffects andvthen withdrawal) and what is the scar tissue from spinalbsurgery / disc herniation / degenerative disc disease andcslinal arthritis all of which I have along with ME/CFS which I had priorvto all the drugs and possibly hypermobility syndrome diagnosed by a rheumatologist last year - but that could be benzos.

Ho de hum....

[6e...]

Ajusta,

I hear you, two spinal fusions after two car wrecks, degenerated discs, arthritis, etc, but on a good day I hardly hurt.  Trust that most is wd.  Maybe it's just recovery is so rough when I have a good day the pain doesn't seem like much.  :sick:

MG

It's so hard for me to know what is benzos (inter dose withdrawal/ paradoxicalbeffects andvthen withdrawal) and what is the scar tissue from spinalbsurgery / disc herniation / degenerative disc disease andcslinal arthritis all of which I have along with ME/CFS which I had priorvto all the drugs and possibly hypermobility syndrome diagnosed by a rheumatologist last year - but that could be benzos.

Ho de hum....

[6e...]

Ajusta,

Yes, it's nerve pain and muscle cramps, feels like spine weighs 300#

Nerve pain does that.  I get it all over, legs and arms bad some days, though not as bad as it was immediately after my setback in Jan. after surgery.

Do you get so weak in your back you can't hold your upper body up? Or youe head on your neck?

Does anyone here have issues with their upper arm muscle....I've started PT cause it's painful to put on a bra or pull off tops...if I bend my arm just certain ways the pain is aweful....almost like frozen shoulder ...but I have good range of motion in shoulder

TM

Yes, it became painful to bend my arms that way. For sure it's W/D because I always had good flexibility. I hope I can still recover it.

Does anyone here have issues with their upper arm muscle....I've started PT cause it's painful to put on a bra or pull off tops...if I bend my arm just certain ways the pain is aweful....almost like frozen shoulder ...but I have good range of motion in shoulder

TM

Agree that CoQ10 and other antioxidants may be helpful. Withdraw symptoms are sometimes compared to fibromyalgia which can benefits from these antioxidants.

Jumping in here to join you all! Muscle and nerve pain has been my worst sx since stopping the benzo 32 months ago.  I CT`d and never imagined the pain that`s followed. Today I have jaw stiffness and pain, neck and lower back too.

I`ve been researching Elavil and wondered if that may help?  I know some of us can have adverse reactions to other meds but I`m thinking to try it a few days to see if it helps.

Any thoughts on this guys?

[6e...]

I wouldn't do it, I came off it and it messed me up.  JMO

MG

Jumping in here to join you all! Muscle and nerve pain has been my worst sx since stopping the benzo 32 months ago.  I CT`d and never imagined the pain that`s followed. Today I have jaw stiffness and pain, neck and lower back too.

I`ve been researching Elavil and wondered if that may help?  I know some of us can have adverse reactions to other meds but I`m thinking to try it a few days to see if it helps.

Any thoughts on this guys?

Never......does your jaw feel heavy too....I get jaw tightness but I get days where it feels so heavy to open my mouth....I hate this feeling.....

TM

TM......oh yes!  I`ve got that happening as I type!  Also neck, shoulder and back stiffness and all very painful.  I spoke to my doctor yesterday and he`s prescribed me naproxen. I`ll get them later today. I`ll report back!!

Just an FYI in case you've never been exposed to it: Serrapeptase has been massive as far as helping my muscle and even joint pain during this last crazy taper off klonopin. A friend of mine has been a holistic oncology nurse for 24 years, and Serrapeptase has been magical in helping her patients deal with severe muscle and joint pain. It may be worth researching if you've never done so. My muscle and joint pain got really out of control until she told me about this. It took several weeks to "kick in", but well worth it, to say the least. I get Serrapeptase for about $10 a bottle. Believe me, I've tried everything else under the sun to help me. For what it's worth....

Bless you all!!

[6e...]

Never heard of this one, will investigate it.  Peppermint tea is really helping with muscle cramps in my spine.  I used it early out and got sick of the taste, but it really does work.  How much Serrapeptase do you take a day, how many times?

MG :smitten:

Just an FYI in case you've never been exposed to it: Serrapeptase has been massive as far as helping my muscle and even joint pain during this last crazy taper off klonopin. A friend of mine has been a holistic oncology nurse for 24 years, and Serrapeptase has been magical in helping her patients deal with severe muscle and joint pain. It may be worth researching if you've never done so. My muscle and joint pain got really out of control until she told me about this. It took several weeks to "kick in", but well worth it, to say the least. I get Serrapeptase for about $10 a bottle. Believe me, I've tried everything else under the sun to help me. For what it's worth....

Bless you all!!

Anyone else on here getting their strength back and muscle pain getting better? Nearly 31 months off here and still dealing with it on and off daily. CBD helps but not a miracle cure. Starting to wonder if this is it  :(