Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Hi abcd!  Omg, those few precious seconds/minutes are amazing!  For me it's upon waking up.  I feel like I could actually get up, get ready and go head first into life.  I know it's only temporary, but I do savor that time. 

My theory is after a period of rest (finally, sweet sleep aka brain repair time) that part of our brain isn't in w/d overload.  Maybe it's a glimpse of what will be one day, all day. 

My neck pain (stiffness, nerves on fire, shoots down arms and upper back), lower back all in knots, spasms. While this pain is constant it is only overshadowed by the brain zapping rod being rammed into my skull, left side for now, right side later....maybe all over like being in an electrified vice grip helmet.  And the extreme head pressure that puts me all out of wack too. 

Thanks for posting!  The way you describe that feeling is spot on!

So interesting, isn't it, WannaB?  I'm going to throw this out in a separate thread, maybe Chewing the Fat, and see what comes of it.  I'll add the link here when I do (going through an awful fatigued stage right now  ::)).  I think there may actually be quite a few people who experience this but aren't necessarily aware that it's happening.  It has to be a good thing, right?  ;)

The way you describe your symptoms, sounds so awful, just horrible.  I'm so sorry.  :hug:  I also get the left to right side alternating daily, plus as you say, the head pulling makes me feel so out of whack, totally affects my concentration, feels like I'm being pulled to the ground and makes me feel uncoordinated and exhausted. 

Hoping everyone manages a restful weekend.

:smitten:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

Hi Folks, been lurking but not posting. 

One of my "King" symptoms that's long worn out the welcome mat:  Muscle tension/pain, 24/7, upper body from the top of my skull, crazy unbelievably tight/shortened muscles ... head/face (occipitals particularly bad), through my neck and into my trapezius muscles.  Bane of my life, I've been slammed with this sx and it's rendered me pretty darn incapacitated.  >:(

I have a question, it's a strange phenomenon that I experience and wondering if it happens to anyone else or if anyone can come up with any theories, I'd love to try and make some kind of sense of it. 

This is it.  That short "twilight" phase when transitioning from being awake to falling asleep, and the same thing during those first few seconds when just awaking.  During these brief moments, all my muscles relax completely 100% and my accompanying pulsating rocky boat symptom disappears 100%.  Meaning I am experience a few short seconds (five to ten max) of pure bliss in a perfectly normal, relaxed, peaceful and still body.  And then it starts right up again, I feel the vise start crushing my head tighter and tighter and the rocky boat starts chugging and rocking and swaying my whole body, legs tingling, no sensation of the surface under me, etc. etc.  Madness.

Anyone else notice this?  Or maybe it happens to you but you haven't been aware of it or paid attention, considering most (normal) people typically just transition between sleep and wakefulness naturally and peacefully.

This muscle stuff is the pits, it's a very cruel symptom, and I'm so sorry for everyone on this thread, may you all see some easing up soon.

yes i do! I love those mini moments!

Wow!  You too, Corsair?  Aren't they just blissful, absolute sheer bliss, yet so very, very short for me.

I tried to Google it but couldn't find anything except that it happens with Parkinson's patients that their symptoms disappear when they're asleep.  But I have another mini theory which I'll come back and share.

Can I ask does it happen to you 100% of the time, automatically?  Or just now and again?  Both when falling asleep and upon waking up too?

Wow!  You too, Corsair?  Aren't they just blissful, absolute sheer bliss, yet so very, very short for me.

I tried to Google it but couldn't find anything except that it happens with Parkinson's patients that their symptoms disappear when they're asleep.  But I have another mini theory which I'll come back and share.

Can I ask does it happen to you 100% of the time, automatically?  Or just now and again?  Both when falling asleep and upon waking up too?

The falling asleep and waking up indeed. It's just really short unfortunately, as soon as i am awake it starts. Hmm i think it's every time yes? As far as i know of course :P

Hi all

I`ve been reading here again and wonder if anyone else has a similar pattern to me?

As you`ll see by my signature I`m 19 months from a CT and the muscle stiffness and nerve pains have been my far worst sx.

But just lately, since about month 16 this has changed to one day nerve pain, the next stiffness.  This is always in my back in various places and also my legs.

We learn to cope with a lot, as you`ll all know and somehow I do manage the muscle stiffness but that nerve pain is something else!!

Today its in my left buttock and feels like torture as though the skin has been peeled off and I`ve been dipped in salt with the muscle twitching too. (that bad)

But yesterday was doable with stiffness in my neck and middle back and last night I really thought hey, I can do this...to wake into hell again today.

Anyone relate?  Thanks

Doing PT.....I'm always stiff and sore worse ...after appt.......just can't seem to get comfortable tonight...

But gosh.....I'm hoping it will help..

TM

Doing PT.....I'm always stiff and sore worse ...after appt.......just can't seem to get comfortable tonight...

But gosh.....I'm hoping it will help..

TM

Yes - TM -- I'm doing this, too.  I know so much of the pain is w/d but must persevere so that I won't get worse.  I have four different P.t. Rxs going.  It's ridiculous.  WBB

Hi Wannabebetter....she is trying to get my body aligned.....she is so much better than a chiropractor..then she said she will start working n various stretches for me to do at home...

Seems like I'm sensitive to everything.....just hate this...

Hugs

TM

I'm waiting for your mini theory :D i've read some stuff you've been writing on bb and i wanted to tell you that i think you are a wise person. I like reading the stuff you write.

I'm waiting for your mini theory :D i've read some stuff you've been writing on bb and i wanted to tell you that i think you are a wise person. I like reading the stuff you write.

Hah, Corsair, you flatter me and make me chuckle at the same time.  Wise?  Dunno so much, if you ask me, I'd say as dumb as a box of rocks (my fave saying for now).  Otherwise I'd never have landed up in this disastrous mess! 

Okay, I'll throw this phenomenon out on the open boards and let's see if we get any bites.  I've wanted to do it for a long time now but everything takes me forever, so frustrating.  I'll try to get on to it ASAP, lol.

I use a chop stick to get into my upper back muscles, I don't know if this is bad. My muscles are giving me hell today, even in my eyes. My neck is always the worst, it's so bad I feel dizzy and faint or maybe that's just another sx.

I use a coat hanger!  Flexible and easier on the arms.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone used a heated ultrasound machine to help with muscle pain/spasms?  (These are often used in physical therapy offices - a little wand that they rub over sore muscles using a special gel).  They sell units for home and I am considering investing in one.  I just wondered if anyone had any experience using it.  Thanks!

Had many professional treatments - part of PT - didn't help at all in my case, unfortunately.  Is your pain/spasms in one particular area?  Invested a small fortune in various electric heating pads, massagers, etc.  Some work much better than others.

So Ive been lifting weights all through my taper until about a week ago. I've been using exercise as my vice to help get me through withdrawal. I have many sxs and have from the get go but recently I've been not only fatigued like usual but either I'm getting a bunch of muscle related injuries at once and it's bad luck or I'm having some sort of muscle related issue from tapering. It's not like I'm sore but more like pulled muscles. Back, neck, shoulder blade, knee. Just seems to be progressively building. Curious if it's just me bc I really enjoy lifting even in withdrawal.

Unfortunately my muscle tightness/spasms are in many different areas.  (Neck, back, face, arms, legs).  I am currently on muscle relaxers (I can't walk without them.  I also get really weird involuntary movements of the arms and legs without them).  Sometimes my muscles lock, other times they spasm like crazy.  I start PT in a few weeks and have to start tapering off of the muscle relaxers.  I have no idea what is going to happen.

One of my "King" symptoms that's long worn out the welcome mat:  Muscle tension/pain, 24/7, upper body from the top of my skull, crazy unbelievably tight/shortened muscles ... head/face (occipitals particularly bad), through my neck and into my trapezius muscles.  Bane of my life, I've been slammed with this sx and it's rendered me pretty darn incapacitated.  >:(

I have a question, it's a strange phenomenon that I experience and wondering if it happens to anyone else or if anyone can come up with any theories, I'd love to try and make some kind of sense of it. 

This is it.  That short "twilight" phase when transitioning from being awake to falling asleep, and the same thing during those first few seconds when just awaking.  During these brief moments, all my muscles relax completely 100% and my accompanying pulsating rocky boat symptom disappears 100%.  Meaning I am experience a few short seconds (five to ten max) of pure bliss in a perfectly normal, relaxed, peaceful and still body.  And then it starts right up again, I feel the vise start crushing my head tighter and tighter and the rocky boat starts chugging and rocking and swaying my whole body, legs tingling, no sensation of the surface under me, etc. etc.  Madness.

Anyone else notice this?  Or maybe it happens to you but you haven't been aware of it or paid attention, considering most (normal) people typically just transition between sleep and wakefulness naturally and peacefully.

This muscle stuff is the pits, it's a very cruel symptom, and I'm so sorry for everyone on this thread, may you all see some easing up soon.

abcd- This is EXACTLY what happens to me, you explained it perfectly!  Have you discovered anything about this yet?  So weird that a few of us are experiencing the same.

abcd- This is EXACTLY what happens to me, you explained it perfectly!  Have you discovered anything about this yet?  So weird that a few of us are experiencing the same.

Yep, me too and yes the description is spot on. Agreed that the muscle stuff is cruel, most of my body is completely ****ed today. For me it's internal too, I can hardly breathe. I would like to hear more about the coat hanger.

Will come back to reply in more detail, struggling and not braining that well right now.  TM, and others, I'll let you know which products I had most success with. 

I'm finding this very interesting that others are experiencing this "twilight" phenomenon (aka "Stage 1" of the sleep cycle).  It's really niggling at me why it happens, wondering whether it holds a clue to my neverending wavering about whether or not my issues are truly benzo related or not.  Have encountered about half a dozen of us already, there are bound to be many more ... I really do need to put it out on the open board for wider discussion.  I'll try to get to it today if I can.  Thanks for the nudge, guys.

Okay, better late than never.  ::)  I stuck it up in Chewing the Fat, wasn't too sure where to put it.  If/when you get the chance, those who also experience the "twilight" phenomenon, wondering if you could add a quick post there ... just elaborating a little on exactly which symptoms vanish.  And let's see if we get any other bites.  Thanks.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=173417.0#new

Will have to come back again to respond to other stuff, sorry, been a not so terrific last few days this neck of the woods.  That's the censored version.  >:(

Hope everyone manages a restful weekend.

Its like a 10 second delay and then either I know I'm going to have a rough start or a better day but in those 10 seconds I do feel normal. So I guess we all do get a small window everyday then. interesting note there.

Here are two YouTube videos that help to relax and release tight psoas muscles. A BB was kind enough to share them, and they really help me.

The psoas is a major muscle that when tight, can cause lots of pain in the back, sides, groin, hips and even down the legs.

• 2 weeks later...
I am having problems with my right trapezius. The pain travels up my neck to my ear. This causes my ear to block, my sinus to run on that side and dizziness. If i push the muscle on the right size of my neck towards my spine this resolves. Or if my trapezius is not in spazm it is fine. I hope this will stop when i am off.

• 1 month later...
When does this stop? Is there anything I can do to make this go away? I have so much psoas muscle pain. It is causing my thigh to hurt my back. I've heard its BC the gaba? Help. Ty love k

• Popular Now