Words to lighten our day.

[be...]

“Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots.”

~ Frank Howard Clark

I like this a lot too. :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Es...]

• [La...]

• [Sh...]

“If everyone helps to hold up the sky, then one person does not become tired.”

—Dr. Askhari Johnson Hodari

“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”

~~Pablo Picasso

This one is really beautiful BG !  :smitten:

Thanks Shake, my intention is that someone will get a little something out of the quotes I find and have a better day, or just be able to see clearer through the fog that we are going through. :smitten:

Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

.~~ Lao Tzu

“If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down.” ~ Mary Pickford

Breathe

It's okay.  You're going to be okay. Breathe and remind yourself of all the times in the past you felt this scared.  All the times you felt this anxious and this overwhelmed.  All of the times you felt this level of pain.  And remind yourself how each time, you made it through.  Life has thrown so much at you, and despite how difficult things have been, you've survived.  Breathe.  And trust that you can survive this too.  Trust that this struggle is part of the process.  And trust that as long as you don't give up and keep pushing forward, no matter how hopeless things seem, you will make it.

Just breathe.

~~ Daniel Koepke

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment"~~ Buddha

"I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative".~~ James A. Baldwin

Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

.~~ Lao Tzu

Did you ever watch how many thoughts you have during the day which focus on suffering, on symptoms and deny a better future? Last week I looked over that and was shocked. Its like a negative hypnosis right??

So these words are so true..

"Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up".~~ Allen Klein

"Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it".~~ Sai Baba

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best".~~ St. Jerome

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party".~~ Ron White

[a4...]
I think of this quote when I find myself lacking motivation or afraid to take a step forward......"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water" - Rabindranath Tagore

I hope I do translate correctly:

Kafka: A path is created by walking on it.

I have a postcard with that quote on it, and the picture shows an elephant walking through the jungle and you understand that after the elephant has gone there will be a path:-)

I hope I do translate correctly:

Kafka: A path is created by walking on it.

I have a postcard with that quote on it, and the picture shows an elephant walking through the jungle and you understand that after the elephant has gone there will be a path:-)

:smitten::thumbsup:

“To strengthen the muscles of your heart, the best exercise is lifting someone else's spirit whenever you can.”

~~Dodinsky