Words to lighten our day.

[be...]

“Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they simply move it from their faces into their hearts.” ~ Martin Buxbaum

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Es...]

• [La...]

• [Sh...]

“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ~ Lao Tzu

“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” ~ Kahlil Gibran

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” ~ Steve Jobs

Where there is doubt, Faith;

Where there is despair, Hope;

Where there is darkness, Light;

Where there is sadness, Joy.

By St. Francis of Assisi.

“Everyone wants happiness. No one wants pain. But you can’t have a rainbow, without a little rain.” ~ Anonymous           

Where there is doubt, Faith;

Where there is despair, Hope;

Where there is darkness, Light;

Where there is sadness, Joy.

By St. Francis of Assisi.

Hey BG: He's my favorite guy. I have a metal of him around my neck.

Benniejets posted this on Oct 15, 2015, and it remains one of my Favorites. Thanks again Bennie :thumbsup:

"Hope is oxygen to someone who is suffocating on despair"~ David Carr

David Carr left this earth in 2015. He was extraordinary human being, New York Times journalist, and a recovered former crack cocaine addict and an alcoholic.

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” ~ Buddha

Needed this tonight.... :smitten: :smitten:

Same here, it certainly spoke to me. I plan to use it on my blog soon. :smitten: :smitten:

"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new"-Socrates

"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new"-Socrates

Ok.. that made me have a little tear falling. I don't have enough space to pin all these words..

Why is change so frightening to me? Like a voice is telling me "don't change - you never know and look back..it always got worse..." I think when I look on my way I "simply" have to do things. Decide. Then do. Feeling completely crazy and unsure.... do you have such experience too or are you one of those brave changing quickly and pragmatically?

Oh Marigold actually I can not take change at all, it is scary and I like things to stay as they are, but no they must change or we would be stuck in one time frame forever, I am still always trying not to look back to the past, that we both know is gone, and most of the time needs to stay in the past. Don't fret, we will adjust. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

“Use your heart. Understand. Learn to see things in the now, not as they were or will be, or as they might or should be, but as they are, right now, in this moment. The heart sees the now; the mind only sees the next. If you can't learn to see the now, you'll never see what's truly there, and then where will you be?” ~ E.J. Patten, Return to Exile

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

I know Mrs. Roosevelt was thinking about clickable pictures when she said that.  ::)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I bet she was thinking of cameras. Great First Lady. Not so good in the swimsuit competition.