18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Drew!  Awesome Mr. 80%!

Yes, my protein to carbs have been 75/25 for 18 months now.  I don't touch pizza because of the sauce.  I melt Jack cheese on Dave's organic white bread instead.  I don't do gluten free after my fiasco with the gluten free pizza wave in month 15.  I only eat whole foods without any added chemical sh*t in it.  Nothing processed.  It definitely makes a difference in my symptoms.

You haven't turned just any corner, Drew.  You have turned THE corner, my friend.

Sofa

Sofa I wish I could give you a hug. I totally understand, it's like we're being tested to the limit. I've just cut up son chicken, left thkitcjen and when I went back in the cat had jumped up and was eating it. Total meltdown here, it's been a hell of a day, you know one of those where you feel hopeless and can't breathe. I'm holding your hand bawling my eyes out and overwhelmed  :smitten:

Drew that's great news and encouraging. I can't deny I'm jealous to death, but you deserve to feel better.  :smitten:

I can't handle stress.....my son got in a minor accident during his spring break from college then he lost his wallet with his debit card and drivers licenses ....I didn't yell at him but.....it's so weird how I handle stressors I just can't....it's so hard to explain the feeling..

Drew....I'm so happy for you.....

Can I ask does anyone have issues with their esphogus muscles being tight when waking up in the mornings? Just don't understand why my body seems never relaxed after the few hours of sleep I feel symptoms seem to relax some after I start moving around in the morning...

Hugs to everyone

TM

Well we've had a massive fire here in atlanta under an interstate bridge that collapsed a few minutes ago. It's one of the main arteries through the city and the main way I get home. Ugh, this is going to make my commute even worse.

Geez marj, what a jerk cat! What will you eat instead?

Texas, I've lost my wallet several times in my life. It's no fun, but it happens. As long as everything is canceled quickly it should be ok. He may want to monitor his credit to make sure no one is getting credit cards in his name. Now I wear a trucker wallet with a chain on it.

Buddies

I smoke!  I had given up but during acute I started again as I was looking for `anything` that made me feel better, which of course cigarettes don't.

Anyway I wondered if any of you smoke too?  I know that my muscles tighten after just a few puffs but I`m hooked again.  Anyone feel nicotine is making their symptoms worse....or even prolonging them?

I quit cold turkey at 8 months off and had a noticable improvement 2 weeks later. No doubt feel heaps better off them and if you can kick benzos nicotine is nothing

Thanks Lockie

Ok, time for me to stop especially as you noticed an improvement.  Hope you`re doing better, these muscles pains suck!!

Thanks . I have been doing really well this week. Worked 3 half days and did my first decent cardio session in 2.5 years. Body held up ok, a bit sore today and a bit of couch time but definitely a big improvement

Siggy, we had what we were having minus the chicken. It was egg burjee, really tasty with or without chicken!

Can I ask about the muscle pain? Does it feel like the muscles are pulling so bad they could break the bones ie neck, spine? Also pull on the head affecting the face, mouth, teeth, throat like you're being strangled.

How does everyone react to stress, upsetting situations ?

All the stress of this week has me in a massive wave. I'm at work after very little sleep, with my mask on and my work environment ie psyche hospital is freaking me out. If I see a patient through my office window, i just think it could be me next  :crazy:

Good news for you Lockie, I'm really pleased for you as I know how much you're fretting. It's criminal what such a low dose can do.  :smitten:

Great news Lockie, it sounds like you`re almost done.

marj, My muscles pull or they`re stiff and on a really bad day the nerve pain is off the scale, mine is usually in my neck, shoulders and in different places in my back.

Sorry Sofa,

I completely skipped your response in regards to Parker.

Thank you !

I have nut jokes, unfortunately, too risqué.

But, I have to leave you with something. At least, to put a little smile on your face.

A guy joined a nudist camp and when he told his mom she didn't believe him. So, he sent her a picture of his top half.

A week later his grandma wanted a picture but he accidently sent the bottom half. Knowing she had bad eyesight, he didn't think much of it.

A week later his grandma wrote a letter saying, that she didn't like his haircut, because it made his nose look too big.

At this point, it`s all about the little things. Smiles and cries. Because, that`s all we have.  :thumbsup:

NCT,

I smoke.  Can't quit yet due to high anxiety.  It won't impede your healing.  I've talked to my supporter many times about it and she insists it does not effect the gaba receptors.  If you feel worse smoking, of course you may want to quit.  I do not feel worse smoking, but I intend to quit as soon as I can.

Sofa

Hiya marj,

hmmm egg burjee. I've never had that one before. I'll have to check it out. My muscles get stiff, but mostly it's the burning.

My usual routine last night. Got really sleepy at 11pm and fell asleep rather quickly. Woke up again wide awake around 2am. Decided f i and took two Hydroxyzine at a time. Took about an hour, but they gave me an extra 2 hours or so. I always wake up feeling weird after taking them, but I'm just so fed up with the insomnia.

NCT,

I smoke.  Can't quit yet due to high anxiety.  It won't impede your healing.  I've talked to my supporter many times about it and she insists it does not effect the gaba receptors.  If you feel worse smoking, of course you may want to quit.  I do not feel worse smoking, but I intend to quit as soon as I can.

Sofa

Hi Sofa , smoking actually causes anxiety and might be a part of the problem. I read a book called "The easyway to quit smoking" by Alan Carr. It was an amazing read and no scare tactics about health issues. It gets into the psychological aspect behind  why you think you have to smoke and was very interesting.

It cost $20 - the same as a packet of smokes! If you did buy it and didn't quit no big loss right?  Might be worth a look. I put down my ciggies halfway through the book and never looked back. Best thing i ever did apart from getting off benzos

Lockie,

I read the book and got his CDs.  I quit.  Picked it up again in tolerance.  Smoking causes anxiety in some people.  It doesn't have that effect on me.  I tried to quit during withdrawal and the withdrawal symptoms revved.  Thanks for the tips and concern.  I'm doing better this week and, if it keeps toning down like this, I will quit again.  I've done it before.  I'll do it again.  Anything is a piece of cake after you've been through this.

Sofa

PJ writes so simply and eloquently.  For those of us still in withdrawal, it is difficult to imagine a life that is free of this suffering.  I'm hoping, like PJ, I reach that state of peace and tranquility that makes even recalling what happened almost impossible.

I will believe, when I'm healed.  Until then, I hope PJ is right.

Sofa

Lockie,

I read the book and got his CDs.  I quit.  Picked it up again in tolerance.  Smoking causes anxiety in some people.  It doesn't have that effect on me.  I tried to quit during withdrawal and the withdrawal symptoms revved.  Thanks for the tips and concern.  I'm doing better this week and, if it keeps toning down like this, I will quit again.  I've done it before.  I'll do it again.  Anything is a piece of cake after you've been through this.

Sofa

No problem sofa just trying to help ☺ piece of cake after going through this shit

Sofa. Smoking!

I can relate as when the anxiety has been bad the 1st thing I`d dive for is a cigarette ...and then another!  I`ve noticed that sometimes I`m ok smoking but on those especially nasty days within seconds of puffing away my muscles tighten and become even more painful. 

Like everything else in this God forsaken journey I`ve no idea why, but thanks, its good to know that nicotine doesn`t stop the healing.

NCT,

We've got bigger fish to fry dealing with this WD crap.  When it goes, we'll be titanium and walk away from the cigs with ease.  My symptoms are bad enough without piling on nicotine WD.

How's everybody doing today?

Sofa

Hi sofa,

I'm puttering along. Was super sleepy last night and was falling asleep on the sofa. Went to bed at 11 and fell asleep right away. I actually staid asleep most of the night. I think I woke briefly at 5am but fell back asleep. I finally woke around 7:30 I think. Still feel kind of crappy, but at least I got some good rest. Been out doing errands all day. My wife is being an extra in s movie today. So a little depressed without her around. I'm going to hang out with some friends later but they live in what they refer to in Atlanta as the SWATS (South West Atlanta). The drive there would normally be pretty easy, but with the bridge being destroyed it will make the drive there more of a pain. Hope you're doing ok today. I have laundry etc to do but I'm going to skip it for now.