Pelvic pain, burning VJ/ prostate, urinary type problems support group

[ol...]

I can feel my bladder at the entrance of my vagina and my bowel feels prolapsed into my vagina. It's horrible. This can't still be from benzo's :( I'll probably have to get it checked out , but there is not much that can be done except for pessary's and surgery. (that I don't want)

Hi

do you get this feeling all the time or is it just now and again?

Can you think of when or how it started?

Does it feel like something is digging into them ?

How does it feel when you sit down on a chair- does it feel like your sitting on lumps?

• 3 weeks later...
The doctor said my uterus was tilted a week ago, but I'm in so much pain down under, leaking urine, feels like sitting on a ball, it amplifies my health anxiety. I have non stop panick attacks which amplifies my other sx . My neuropathy is through the roof right now. I'm so scared. I can't stop lifting my toddler, I mean I don't want to miss out on so much because of all this :( But they say don't lift more than 10 kgs. The withdrawal made me miss so much of their young life. It's unfair. And I don't know what to do about the pain. Should I go back to pt?

• 1 month later...

Thought I would bump this thread. I had such a bad few days. My clitoris area and peeing hurt so badly...really badly and the itching off the scale. Last night I put coconut oil around it and drank even more water..I normally drink water all day anyway but drank like a fish! I also drank lemon in water and took a tea spoon of coconut oil. I reacted badly to both the lemon and coconut oil. I woke up to a sore throat and felt like an ear infection. I also woke up to extremely itchy red eyes in the middle of the night. It also felt like my kidney was hurting. I thought I would end up in hospital.

Today alot better after an incredibly rough night..symptoms are calmer. I wonder if it is an infection or just sensations. its so hard to tell. Lets see what time brings

Shania

Shania,

Really feel for you. Sounds like an awful night!  :'( I get groin pain that radiates to my genitals. It's got got to be nerves in both our cases. I wonder if you would ever benefit from an epidural block to get some relief. I wonder if something like that would 'reset' whatever is going on.

Hug,

Bennie

Thought I would bump this thread. I had such a bad few days. My clitoris area and peeing hurt so badly...really badly and the itching off the scale. Last night I put coconut oil around it and drank even more water..I normally drink water all day anyway but drank like a fish! I also drank lemon in water and took a tea spoon of coconut oil. I reacted badly to both the lemon and coconut oil. I woke up to a sore throat and felt like an ear infection. I also woke up to extremely itchy red eyes in the middle of the night. It also felt like my kidney was hurting. I thought I would end up in hospital.

Today alot better after an incredibly rough night..symptoms are calmer. I wonder if it is an infection or just sensations. its so hard to tell. Lets see what time brings

Shania

My gosh it seems like we both have been having the same thing happen.  After my trip out of state got back and had the worst (hemerrhoid??, pain in that specific area??) for 4 or 5 days.  Finally calming down, been consuming soups and fruit.  Well, last night took some natural calm, woke up about 2 hours later bad diarrhea, up for 3 hours, never did that to me before guess there is a first time everything.  Today woke up with itchy ears and eyes, serious muscle aches, knees and feet hurt.  Just need to ride this one out, don't even want to try OTC stuff just go back to bed and sleep. 

Hope you feel better soon shania.

Sweet pea

I feel for us all. This is truly a horrible symptom.  I get burning there and also in my tongue and feet.  It sometimes lets up some in one area but never in all three at once.  I also wonder about an epidural but don't think they would do this for that but who knows.  It would involve more Drs. and I just can't take that right now.  Hope we all get some relief soon.

Shania

Hi Shania,

I have been fairly new to this forum, but have had many different withdrawal side effects. But today , out of no where, I have developed the worst clitoral  pain! I've never had this before. So I thought it was some sort of infection. But I decided to look here at the support groups first. And there it is! Oh my gosh! Never would I have dreamed that THIS would be another benzo withdrawal side effect!

Please tell me if you had found any kind of relief? Ice? Heating pad? Any thing? Its Fourth of July here in USA and I can't get to a doctor. Help  please if you can. I will call my doctor tomorrow.

Heathcliff....in PAIN!

Well, whaddaya know! The pain went away. It's gone. Thank you lord! Don't know what it was just grateful it only lasted one day! Hope it doesn't come back! Maybe it wasn't benzo related? Never know for sure.

All the best to all you buddies! I hope your withdrawal effects end quickly and the rest of your tapering goes smoothly. Here's to us all!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm about 2 months off a Valium reinstatement with a taper. I think I was given bad advice by a therapist, psychiatrist and my primary care. All 3 wanted me to go back on 10 mg Valium daily after doing a c/t two months before. I was suffering with bad bladder pain and frequency/urgency first go around. These symptoms basically disappeared for about a month when I reinstated. Decided to then taper off over about 8 weeks and these symptoms came back. Mild at first but progressively worse as I neared the end of taper. So dealing with bladder pain and more recently a really annoying burn/ electrical shock type feeling in my bladder area along with perianum/ penis area. It seems obvious that symptoms are from withdrawal but having a hard time getting through each day. Been to urologist twice. All test normal so far. Going to a pain clinic soon to hopefully get some relief/ answers. My primary care has been no help and just wants me to take more medications. I'm really not sure if going to more doctors is going to help or will it be just a waste of time/ money??  I see mostly females in the forums who have these issues but still think it's the medicine that caused this. Do I just have to wait it out and hope it subsides??  I'm guessing it's my pudendal nerve causing the issues. Is it inflamed or irritated somehow?  I'm really confused by this whole situation and beyond frustrated.

Kdawg22,

I'm contemplating a Pain Clinic too. The neuroleptics are in their arsenal, so I can hear the conversation already forming in my head about Benzo withdrawal. I'm not sure what I would accept if they suggest a pharmaceutical, which they probably will. I might ask about CBD. I would check out the online presence of any pain clinic you are considering, to review their protocol. And maybe an osteopath could help calm down the nervous system. Two visits to a neuromuscular therapist has lowered my pain and anxiety, even if for a limited time.

I'm sorry you are suffering with this type of pain. It's bloody awful.

Bennie

There were a few guys on here that had it bad. One wrote about it In  his success story.  It did go away for all of them but the timeline varied. Im sorry I dont remember thier screen names.

kdawg, read "Lostdog" success story he suffered with the bladder issues you described and healed completely. Also, I am at 27 months now, and my bladder spasms, urgency have decreased but I still occasionally get what I call mini waves of bladder pain, But it is so much better. I know it is all WD and with time and more time it shall pass. good Luck to you, cindy

Thank you for replies. It's been so frustrating and confusing. I'm surprised that things seem to have gotten worse for me. Along with the bladder pain and urgency now I've got the burning and shock feeling in that entire region. Part of the process I suppose. Also really down on myself for starting back back on the Valium after having been off for two months the first time. Ended up listening to family and doctors/psychiatrist etc who all claimed Valium couldn't be causing the problems so take it again to help with anxiety and discomfort. So stupid. I didn't listen to my heart and own thoughts even though I could read real people's own experiences with these drugs right on these forums.

Intermittent burning started lightly on scrotum, then over past week spread to include inside ears, armpits, feet, and butt. Excruciating burning pain in groin/butt after sitting for a few minutes, but significantly improves upon standing. Don't recall having had this as a symptom before. Dermatologist and internist don't think infection - some samples taken for culturing, but that'll take a few weeks - so I'm leaning toward neurological. But I don't think same nerves innervate feet, groin, armpits, and ears, so I'm going to proceed w/ assuming it's benzo withdrawal (although maybe tweaked my pudendal nerve some other way and the other items are psychosomatic -- who knows  :P)?

Big question for you out there, is there anything that helps you relieve the pain - like a certain kind of cushion for sitting (open to specific product names if you've got 'em) or a certain way of sleeping? Before I go out and experiment on my own I thought I'd put the question out there to the BB world and maybe save myself some pain.

Oaktree,

I'm a female but have had the symptoms you describe, burning in the genitals and other places. You might want to try a back store where they sell various cushions for sitting too. Your anatomy and your particular situation will determine what if anything helps. I found that less butt contact frequently helped, lying on my side with a pillow between my knees for support. A cool, not cold ice pack on my butt and genitals was also helpful. So too, an ice pack on my back because that is a nerve center that expresses elsewhere. Also, on back of neck. Don't underestimate placing the pack on the back and neck. I know how horrible this can be.  :-\ it's doubtful your doctor will find any infection. This sounds like classic withdrawal. In time it may pass. Some people take gabapentin and get mixed results. I'm not advocating one way or another. I know these symptoms can come and go until eventually, they just leave for good. This happened with my hands which were burning and crippled for months.

Best, Bennie

Oaktree,

I'm a female but have had the symptoms you describe, burning in the genitals and other places. You might want to try a back store where they sell various cushions for sitting too. Your anatomy and your particular situation will determine what if anything helps. I found that less butt contact frequently helped, lying on my side with a pillow between my knees for support. A cool, not cold ice pack on my butt and genitals was also helpful. So too, an ice pack on my back because that is a nerve center that expresses elsewhere. Also, on back of neck. Don't underestimate placing the pack on the back and neck. I know how horrible this can be.  :-\ it's doubtful your doctor will find any infection. This sounds like classic withdrawal. In time it may pass. Some people take gabapentin and get mixed results. I'm not advocating one way or another. I know these symptoms can come and go until eventually, they just leave for good. This happened with my hands which were burning and crippled for months.

Best, Bennie

Ditto what Bennie said, no instant cure for this.  I sleep with a body pillow as well. 

Sweet pea

I never had the burning/pain before Benzos and was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis and Vulvodynia.  A pillow does help but, I try not to sit at the computer too long because, it will trigger all this pain.  Definitely nerve related.  Also, I wonder about all the inflammation caused by benzo withdrawals, too.  I take aloe vera pills that seem to help with my inflamed bladder, too.  So glad to hear it all goes away eventually!

What has helped me alot with the burning.......lie on your back, pull your knees up and keep your feet flat on the floor. With your feet flat on the floor near your butt let your  knees fall to the side . The soles of your feet will be touching now. Just lay there and relax your muscles as best as you can. It decompressed a nerve down there. Sometimes I can get reliefe for a day or so doing this.

What has helped me alot with the burning.......lie on your back, pull your knees up and keep your feet flat on the floor. With your feet flat on the floor near your butt let your  knees fall to the side . The soles of your feet will be touching now. Just lay there and relax your muscles as best as you can. It decompressed a nerve down there. Sometimes I can get reliefe for a day or so doing this.

This is so interesting. Thanks for this. I have found that the muscles tighten up and big nerves are super sensitive, so doing anything to keep them from being impinged or compressed is a good idea.

I'm going to try that also.  Do the aloe vera caps help with constipation also.  This is another lovely symptom I have developed and its getting worse.  Thanks again.

Hi freeme:  I've read that regular aloe vera juice and capsules can have a  laxative effect.  The pills I take removed that part of the plant that has the effect, (I have the opposite issue).