Pelvic pain, burning VJ/ prostate, urinary type problems support group

[ol...]

Yes I have had the type of pain you described.  I have had kidney stones and get checkwd every year since to evaluate whether or not I have them, which so far I have not had them come back.  Struggled and worked really hard to understand the kidney stone issue, and how to not have them return.  Glad you are going to have it checked out tommorrow.  Never know what it may be.  I thought mine was a gallbladder issue (which I still think I have a sluggish one) and it turned out to be kidney stones found via ultrasound.  However the pain was not like described for kidney stones.  I do not think the stones were stuck in the ureter just had alot of them.

In my case I believe the muscle/rib cage, right side flank and lower pelvic pain is all related to inflammation of the digestive tract.  Apparently I have one messed up digestive tract just screaming at times.  I am in the process of taming it, giving it what it wants and staying away from the items that cause problems.  I do know that mid back pain is scary, your mind just runs wild with possiblities.  Good luck at the visit tommorrow.

Sweet pea

And yes benzo recovery was

Thank-you Sweet pea.  Glad your kidney stones haven't come back!  My ob/gyn NP did a urine culture but, didn't think it was a UTI but, possibly kidney infection or more likely kidney stones.  Said if urine culture comes back negative, she will have me get an ultrasound to look at the kidneys.  What can you do to prevent kidney stones?

I imagine these drugs mess up our digestive tract too with all the GABA receptors located there.  I've read where inflammation flares can be a big part of withdrawal and recovering off benzos and can even aggravate previous issues.  It's good you are working on helping your GI.  I try to eat well, stay away from foods that aggravate things, take aloe caps, digestive enzymes and probiotics.  Thanks again  :)

BurnedOut, if you have kidney stones you will most likely see them on an ultrasound.  I do not know the composition of my stones because at the time they were removed via a stent and lithotripsy I did not have health insurance the doctor said it is an 80 percent chance they are calcium oxalate  so that is what I worked to eliminate.  If it is stones, drinking plenty of water is paramount.  I thought I drank enough but apparently not.  After the lithotripsy I drank about 3 to 4 liters of water per day for months.  They finally all came out.  Then I drank lemon water in the morning and some times a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in warm water first thing in the morning.  I can no longer drink the lemon water due to problems with the citric acid.  Citric acid has been a real problem for my digestive tract so a caution about that as well. 

I studied the oxalate problem, which is vastly complex with all of the body interactions.  You have to figure out what kind of stones they are (if you have them) then how to regulate your body to stop them from forming.  Another thing I have done is go to acupuncture.  I suspect there are some who will dispute what I am reporting, but when I first started acupunture every time I got treatment afterwards I would pee out little stones and gravel.  Again this was me, don't know how often it happens.

Because I was polydrugged for so many years my body just could not correctly handle some body functions  and I have ended up with problems with digestion and the organs related to them.  Nothing is critically wrong just miserably wrong if that makes sense.  I still have a ways to go to get fully functional.

BTW good for you with the aloe caps, just started using aloe myself about a month ago and I think it is adding to the healing.  Can't take probiotics yet.  Everytime I do after about a week it feels like world war 3 on the right side of my abdomen.  Have some suspicions about SIBO on that issue.  Wait for my next functional medicine doctor appointment to work on that issue.

You can PM me if you need more info.

Sweet pea

Sweet pea:  thank-you so much for all the information about kidney stones and sharing your experience.  So sorry you had to go through all that but, glad all those kidney stones are gone for you!  My urine culture came back negative and I'm going to have an ultrasound done to see if there are any stones.  I drink a lot of water, too,  and can't do lemon juice either  :(

I was getting acupuncture and after several treatments, I had bad kidney area pain and cystitis like pain.  I asked the acupuncturist  if she thought the symptoms could be a detox reaction and she said yes, that can happen at times.  She said not to be afraid of it and that the body allows I,t (detoxifying) to happen when it's ready.  But, I'm taking a break from acupuncture because, I can't handle any detox stuff right now after only being one month off the benzos.  Will try acupuncture  again in the future though.

Aloe is helpful in soothing and healing, externally and internally-especially in the GI and on the skin.  Glad you can use it. I found marshmallow tea is very soothing, too.  Probiotics are tricky and take some experimenting-the gut is just so complicated and it seems to take a long time to heal. 

Thanks so much again and may PM you after my ultrasound test.  Take care  :)

Corsair:  So sorry that has happened to you-are there any other alternatives to surgery/medications that could help? 

My cultures finally came back and it was clear for uti, yeast, or bacterial vaginitis. I am still in a wave from the antibiotics. Yesterday I felt pretty good, but today I feel awful It's been 3 weeks since my last dose of keflex. I also took bactrim before I took keflex. I just hope this all calms down soon.

Becky  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
Hope everyone's doing ok.  Had to reschedule my ultrasound to this week to check for kidney stones.  Still having intermittent bad pain in kidney areas and IC like sxs elsewhere.  Getting old really fast, can barely sit lately...ugh.  NP checked urine today and only leucocytes slightly high.  Read on previous posts here that that can indicate inflammation instead of infection.  NP gave me antibiotics just in case but i'm going to wait til ultrasound results.  Take care!

Hi burned out. You're right this stuff is getting old. Sorry for your troubles. Ever since my uti my bladder/vaginal area seems to be irritated. I have vaginal burning, frequent urination, and my bladder feels achy. Not sure what's going on since I was tested for yeast, uti, etc. I've tried baking soda sitz baths and that seems to help. Maybe the ph down there is too acidic? I did make a cut to trazodone so maybe it's withdrawal. I was feeling a bit better before I cut.

I had an appt. with my gyno for a uterine sono. I still have periods although every 2 months now at age 57. He wants me to do an endobiopsy since I'm not in meno yet. I had one last year and all was fine. Maybe I'll ask him to test again for stuff but not sure what. Any ideas buddies?

I also have the burning, aching pain down there.  I think mine is muscular.  The muscles get tight everywhere when we cut and I guess it affects those too.  What a place to have trouble as we gals know.  I also always test high for leukocytes but not enough bacteria to be a true infection.  Its probably all inflammation etc.  I need to see a urologist and find out if there is something specific that could help this area but not affect the brain like benzos or muscle relaxers.  So so sorry they every started me on this poison for my spine who would ever think it could lead to this. My tongue and feet also burn.  So scared but just take it day by day and minute by minute.  Hope you all feel better.

OMG.....here I go again blood in urine, bladder spasm pain , intense pressure pain.  At 31 months these symptoms continue every 3-4 weeks, may last a few days, treat with a course of bactrim, sometimes I have moderate blood in urine w/o an infection. Other times infection confirmed thru culture. Ny urologist suggested I go on a maintenance dose of macrobid for 90 days as a preventive measure. I have been treating myself with tests strips when symptoms occur and then take bactrim which I have numerous renewals for.

I would really appreciate your opinion on if I should try the 90 days of macrobid? This pain is so bad right now........

I'm so sorry to hear this  :'(  Mine still comes and goes. Sometimes with blood sometimes not. I also use the test strips so I dont keep running to the dr. There was a man  on here who posted a success story and this was his last lingering symptom.  It finally did let up. Sending good thoughts your way.  :smitten:

Hi all,

Sorry so many are hurting.  It's so hard to know how much of all this is from benzos/withdrawal/recovery or from other issues.  I've been reading about histamine intolerance issues and mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) that may be connected to some of our symptoms.  Our immune systems can become hypersensitive and hypereactive to too many things:  environment, food, toxins, etc. 

Cindys:  So sorry you are still having so many problems.  Don't know what to say about taking 90 days of macrobid.  I wonder why the Bactrim doesn't knock out the infection for good.  Does anything like cranberry pills, d-mannose, grapefruit seed extract, etc help at all with the infection? The urologist I see said that blood in the urine can be from interstitial cystitis inflammation.  Really hope that you find something that helps you and you start feeling better soon!

burnout and oldgrey, Thank you so much for responding to me. When i get like this , all the anxiety and fear returns......and I start to believe the benzo lies.....Thanks for being here for me.

Always, cindy

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I went back to the gyn today because I still feel burning down there. He took cultures again but said that he doesn't think it will come back as any infection. The gyn examined me and said it did look red like an allergic reaction/inflammation. He said that if the cultures came back negative I should use a cortisone cream with aloe. I purchased it already, but I'm afraid to use it. Buddies, any experience with cortisone cream for use for the ladybits? I'm a bit afraid to try it that it will make things worse.

Thinking back, I believe it's either a reaction from the Monistat (I remember it burned) or from the Bactrim/Keflex.

Hi all

I have inner Vaginal pain..like i can feel the muscles moving inside and burn when i turn my body or move. I also get genital burning and itching even! I also get some anal burning-surely this cant be normal..its killing me and leaves me incapacitated.

I think the burning genital area is coming from a poor gut-does anyone thing this too?

shania :'(

Becky:  Not sure what to tell you about using the cortisone cream.  Seems like it might be kind of strong for that area.  I've heard that yeast can cause that area to become inflamed.  I find the coconut oil helpful for itching and burning.

Shania:  I think benzos caused a lot of my female area pain/burning and itching but, have read that candida yeast issues can cause those problems, too.  I imagine that the benzos affect our guts causing an imbalance of good and bad bacteria/yeast, etc and it affects everything.  I have a high level of a couple of bad bacteria, leaky gut, gastritis and have had candida flares to name a few.  My urologist suggested applying coconut oil to help with itching and burning.  I've read that coconut oil may help with Candida, too.

Becky:  Not sure what to tell you about using the cortisone cream.  Seems like it might be kind of strong for that area.  I've heard that yeast can cause that area to become inflamed.  I find the coconut oil helpful for itching and burning.

Shania:  I think benzos caused a lot of my female area pain/burning and itching but, have read that candida yeast issues can cause those problems, too.  I imagine that the benzos affect our guts causing an imbalance of good and bad bacteria/yeast, etc and it affects everything.  I have a high level of a couple of bad bacteria, leaky gut, gastritis and have had candida flares to name a few.  My urologist suggested applying coconut oil to help with itching and burning.  I've read that coconut oil may help with Candida, too.

Thanks Burned Out- Im so frightened today. My body is too weak to deal with the candida-Am I supposed to go paelo like everyone keeps saying to heal the gut? Its too harsh for me to just eat meat and veg and i have blood sugar issues too so its complicated. should i see a nutritionist?

Shania

Yes, I don't think cortisone cream is good for down there. Anyways it helped I think for a day, but I didn't continue with it as it gave me insomnia. The burning has calmed down after I eliminated the last bit of coffee I was having -one cup of decaf and stopped oj.

I've been having bladder spasms which continue throughout the day but worse in the AM.

Any herbals work for that? I've seen Uricleanse, Hylands Bladder Irritation, and drinking aloe mentioned. Any buddies try these and it worked?

I'm sure bladder spasms are w/d related. It got worse once I made a cut to trazodone.

Thanks buddies.

Hello Everyone, is there anyone who have bartholin's cyst on post benzo withdrawal, did you take any antibiotic?  and what type did you take?  is your symptoms aggraviate or revved up.  thanks.  MCM

Becky:  I'm trying some capsules by Oona that are for menstrual cramps.  I don't have a period anymore but, get bad GI sphincter spasms and nausea at times and thought it might be worth a try. This formula says it helps with:  menstrual cramps, nausea, indigestion and gas.  It contains the herb cramp bark and also has ginger.  I think it has helped me somewhat but, I don't know if it might help bladder spasms as well. 

Wow "what a night”.  No kidding was up 5 times to bathroom finally fell asleep at 6:30am or so and up for dose at 8am.  ::).  What's this all about I was sleeping better a month ago.  Anyway I will keep holding..cried today maybe that's good tired of feeling .  Just sharing it was so much worse months ago.  I actually have a life now.  Back then nothing like myself :thumbsup::smitten: couldnt figure my way out of a paper bag let alone did I want to. There is great support here and sharing experience.  Thanks for that. If your unsure or having difficulty ask questions.  Builder,  SG, valley-um, charlie, heacliff, etc the list goes on

Well it seems I am not alone with a great deal of my Benzo WD sxs, this included. Don't get me wrong I have always had issues with pelvic/lower abdominal pain, both pre, during and post Benzo/opiate use. I have had numerous tests in the past which haven't showed anything. I have always had 'extreme' period pain as well, which no med has ever really touched. This was most certainly the catalyst for my issues with OTC Codeine, and the RC Benzos. I know my hormones are screwed that's for sure and I probably have some form of endocrine issue. I am trying to find the courage from somewhere to go back to my GP and request some more tests, specially as Benzo WD is making this unbearable. I am waiting until I pass a clean drug test with the addiction agency for Benzos, because then they cannot just brush me off as 'drug seeking' so easily because I will at least be able to tell them I managed to stop using Benzos.

The past two months since I came off Benzos have been unbearable, I am pretty much delirious from a combination of the pain and my buzzing/vibrating from Benzo WD. If I am in pain, this will shift and conglomerate EXACTLY where the pain is, it feels like my pelvis/lower abdomen is full of furious Africanized honey bees. 

When it's this bad it feels like my body is shutting down because I just can't deal with this level of pain. It's easily 9-10 on the pain scale. The buzzing/vibrating will send sickly waves of energy through my body, I'll collapse (managed to avoid actually becoming unconscious these past two months lol, but still felt darkness around me on a few occasions, felt like the world was fading a bit, everything sounded distant and had severe visual snow as if  I was about to black out and I most certainly would have if I hadn't taken it easy), I need help to get upstairs, it takes me up to two hours to do my daily pharmacy trip that would normally take just 30 minutes, I feel sick, my blood pressure will drop pretty low, more dizzy than usual, my blood sugar levels go crazy, I start shivering and shaking, and even hallucinating on some occasions. S/O has had to physically support me to stand up on my way to the pharmacy on some occasions, but he's not always able to help because he has a spinal condition and works long hours. It's very miserable.

I face two stigmas when it comes to getting anything done about this, and that's my history of 'drug abuse' (including paradoxical drug reactions), and the whole 'oh all women get this, it's normal' thing. I should not be in this much pain, but getting a pain issue resolved when you have a history of 'drug abuse' is incredibly hard. I can't take hormones as I had a bad reaction to contraceptive pills in the past, but if I had something like a Thyroid imbalance or something correctable, then I would attempt to correct it. When I have been accused of 'refusing treatment' they must realize that pertains to PSYCH MEDS, not medications that are non-addictive and may be needed to treat a physical illness. Another thing I may have is Endometriosis. In order to diagnose this, the best way is via surgery. I am really too fragile to go through that right now with Benzo WD, but I would like this either confirmed (as I have all the symptoms, including period-type pain in other parts of my abdomen too), or ruled out. I intend to try and pursue this once I am fully through WD if I can.

I have yet to come across anyone who gets the buzzing/vibrating thing which moves and targets painful areas. Maybe this one is unique to me. It's attacking my pelvic area at the moment and I am getting some pain. It's only recently started hurting as well as being insanely irritating so this month is going to be such fun!. It is usually all down my legs, up my back, all through my body, but it's main focus is certainly my pelvic area.  :sick: