Pelvic pain, burning VJ/ prostate, urinary type problems support group

[ol...]

DappleApple:  so very sorry you are going through such a tough time right now.  Seems like benzo withdrawal can hit us at our most vulnerable spots at times.  It can really rev up my GI pain and interstitial cystitis...ugh.  I've heard several people on BB talk about the body buzzing and I get it too.  Mine isn't painful but, annoying for sure. Everyone says it will get better and eventually go away as we recover.  It's good you want to get checked out for all this.  I had endometriosis and it definitely can be very painful.  I've heard that it can be caused by a hormone imbalance.

survivingbenzotaper:  glad you are doing better overall but, hope the having to run to the bathroom at night goes away quickly!

Mcm:  I had those cysts before benzos but, never took any antibiotics for them and they cleared up on their own.  Hope you feel better.

DappleApple:  so very sorry you are going through such a tough time right now.  Seems like benzo withdrawal can hit us at our most vulnerable spots at times.  It can really rev up my GI pain and interstitial cystitis...ugh.  I've heard several people on BB talk about the body buzzing and I get it too.  Mine isn't painful but, annoying for sure. Everyone says it will get better and eventually go away as we recover.  It's good you want to get checked out for all this.  I had endometriosis and it definitely can be very painful.  I've heard that it can be caused by a hormone imbalance.

survivingbenzotaper:  glad you are doing better overall but, hope the having to run to the bathroom at night goes away quickly!

Mcm:  I had those cysts before benzos but, never took any antibiotics for them and they cleared up on their own.  Hope you feel better.

I am worried I've done damage to my body with drugs over the past few years. I will certainly be asking to get my Thyroid checked as well because I have a lot of symptoms that existed before WD that match with Thyroid imbalances. The worst this has got post Benzo is my first Benzo free period, October, when I felt like I was going to collapse while I was trying to drag myself back from the pharmacy. S/O was working, it took me an hour to get out of bed and dressed, an hour to make the fifteen minute walk up there, and on my way back everything started going foggy and I was staggering all over the place. I was clinging onto things, desperately trying not to let darkness have me. A very kind stranger sat with me until I regained my senses enough to make it home, where I crawled under my duvet in agony and stayed there till night time. Horrible, horrible feeling. This was the result of no sleep, lots of pain and standing up too quick after having to sit down for ten minutes as I couldn't bear standing much longer. Thankfully I don't get this all the time, usually about five days a month if it's a bad one, WD just makes it even more unpredictable. Ugh though, it's really horrid.

Anyone have blood in their urine during WD? I don't mean the type you see, I mean it's been tested by a doctor and microscopic blood is found. Thank you. K

klonofree, yes I have had moderate to severe blood in my urine during WD and tolerance WD. At times, cultures have been positive for UTIs, other times just positive for blood w/o an infection. Just another weird bizarre WD Symptom.

My burning went away thankfully for weeks now. I think baking soda baths helped, but mostly was time. I got messed up from Bactrim, Keflex and Monistat and was in a wave. The Monistat (vaginal insert) burned me when I used it for 3 days. I could not stand it anymore, so I stopped it. I also made a small cut at the time of trazodone. Good luck to everyone, it gets better.

Becky  :smitten:

• 1 month later...
Still burning and urgency here. It comes and goes. Sometimes I get a good stretch without it just to have it return with a vengance. And no rhyme or reason tohow long it stays or the intensity either.

• 2 months later...

Ditto, been bothering me off and on for 2 and a half months.  Bed rest with coconut oil/herbal suppository helps.

Sweet pea

Coconut oil and aloe vera pills help with the my IC pain/burning flares.  Also have to watch sitting too long because, I have really tight pelvic floor muscle issues too that can aggravate things as well.

• 1 month later...

I've been having A LOT of pelvic  and interstitial pain last 2 weeks and think it may be from benzo withdrawal causing pelvic floor muscles to be too tight.  I've read that this affects IC as well but, also wonder if the inflammation caused by withdrawal is causing IC symptoms as well.  Soooo very painful...hard to even sit lately...ugh :'( :sick:  Going to a pelvic floor therapist tomorrow to see if she can help. The aloe and marshmallow tea aren't helping as much now either.

As if that wasn't enough, I'm also having kidney area pain/burning and am worried about a possible kidney infection or stones/sludge.  Wondering if I have oxalate issues because of withdrawal that might be causing kidney problems... Has anyone here had any kidney issues during benzo withdrawal?  Trying to figure out why all these symptoms are worse at almost 9 months off the benzos???  Can benzo withdrawal cause or worsen these issues?  Did anything help you?  Thank-you.

• 7 months later...

I'm reading BurnedOut's old post.  I sure do hope you're feeling better.  I thought I was done with I.C. flares and BOOM -- just one glass of seltzer with orange juice and I'm back in the pits.  I think my bladder is just too screwed up to run anything acidic through it.  And yes, your pelvic floor spasms after. 

I was getting away with coffee and even soda sometimes but I tempted fate and lost this time.  W

My neuropathic burning is everywhere now, even in these areas.  Sheer torture.  Hemorrhoids are so much worse, I also think the drugs are causing all this.  Just don't know what to do at this point.  Such a horrible symptom.  Sorry you suffer also. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just today had lithotripsy on a 7mm kidney stone.  Anyone have any info on Trimethoprim before I take the first dose?  Dr. insists on me taking it.  6 pills, I think it is an old school type drug.  Have not knowingly had any antibiotics since the last lithotripsy 4 years ago.  Told them I was allergic to fluroquinilones and benzos.

Yuck had this thing for months pinging around, just glad its broken up.

Sweet pea

By the way getting treatment for pelvic floor disorder, was working well and was progressing until this stone started to get ugly.  Yes, the trigger point therapy does work but slowly, very slowly.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
As I have gotten lower in my dose all my urinary/pelvic issues have disappeared. Time will tell if they come back. Other lousy issues have come to take their place. The never ending circle of symptoms  :(

I had to updose for antibiotic use for 2 weeks and the bladder issues were back within 4 days. I was surprised, I guess I shouldn't have been. After about 12 days of being back down to where I was before I updosed the bladder issues were gone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone else have a sore clitoris? It feels like I've taken the skin off and it hurts if anything touches it, its doesn't on standing but when I put any pressure on it like closing my legs while laying down, or my pants touch it and when wiping after urinating if I'm not careful enough, and this has been going on a few weeks now.  :( It was OK a couple of days ago and I thought it was gone but came back with a vengeance the following day :'(

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: