Pelvic pain, burning VJ/ prostate, urinary type problems support group

[ol...]

So had another test. Now it is confirmed that it's my pelvic floor that is disfunctional. It is probably affected because of withdrawal the same way other muscles are affected. And this does cause the type of pain you feel when you have prolapse, and burning pain type stuff.

Wanted you to know. (i had an internal exam with a tube type thing)

Its determinately WD not an illness or damage of any sort, my rectum and vaginal spasms are so bad now the pain goes all the way down my legs to my feet and my all over spasms get worse on and off as well but these are the pits :( It will all improve with everything else as we get further  along in our healing  :thumbsup:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I got treated for a UTI and I'm still urinating a lot. I'll say this I never got any UTI's before I started Klonopin, it's so frustrating. And I never got any yeast infections either. Today I went to the doctor today cause I still thought I had a UTI and everything came back negative but I'm still urinating a lot and I stopped taking the medication back in October. This makes no sense to me at all. It depresses me and makes me not want to leave the house or go anywhere cause I'm always constantly urinating a lot. I want to tell my Gynecologist about it but I'm afraid she's going to diagnose me with having Interstitial Cystitis or something. Told my doctor about it cause it had me worried but he didn't look too worried about but it bothers me still. Is there anything I can take? Sorry to post again but this really has me worried. And when I urinate, it never burns ever.

Everything you mentioned is also WD related I get all the symptoms you mention  so do many other members of both sexes on BB but the women's problems are common in WD, and I urinate every few minutes 24/7 and have been doing so since I went into unknown tolerance WD but tapering has made it a lot worse.  :tickedoff:

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I just wanted to ask a question. Can Klonopin give you Interstitial cystitis? My doctor is trying to figure out why I'm peeing so much all the time. And I'll go into further detail and I'm kinda worried that I don't have this disorder cause it simply sucks. When I have to pee I usually have to pee, but I usually pee like every 30 mins.

I just wanted to ask a question. Can Klonopin give you Interstitial cystitis? My doctor is trying to figure out why I'm peeing so much all the time. And I'll go into further detail and I'm kinda worried that I don't have this disorder cause it simply sucks. When I have to pee I usually have to pee, but I usually pee like every 30 mins.

Hi BlueSkies218 :hug: I along with many other have frequent urination from WD, I go every few minutes, and also like others without warning as well. I spend more time during the night in my bathroom than laying down as its even worse then its exhausting and I'm worn to a frazzle by it as I hardly sleep and have to turn around and go back to the toilet before the door closes  :( Its a very, very common WD symptom for males and females alike right across all age ranges from youngest to eldest.

BlueskiesHi Everyone,

I've had the frequent urination.  I would pee a significant amount.  Before I could leave the bathroom.  I would have to go again, and again.  Mine would last about a day and then go back into a normal pattern.

My main problem has been UTI's, and not having found an antibiotic that clear's them. 

I've been having pain in my lower two ribs on the left side of my back, the actual ribs hurt.  Went to the ER, no kidney stones, no pancratitis, no stomach issues, bladder looked fine.  Told me I was constipated.  Have been adding more fiber to my diet, but the dull ache in my ribs is not going away. 

TRY

BlueskiesHi Everyone,

I've had the frequent urination.  I would pee a significant amount.  Before I could leave the bathroom.  I would have to go again, and again.  Mine would last about a day and then go back into a normal pattern.

My main problem has been UTI's, and not having found an antibiotic that clear's them. 

I've been having pain in my lower two ribs on the left side of my back, the actual ribs hurt.  Went to the ER, no kidney stones, no pancratitis, no stomach issues, bladder looked fine.  Told me I was constipated.  Have been adding more fiber to my diet, but the dull ache in my ribs is not going away. 

TRY

I go back to the doctors in about a week cause they took a scan on my stomach to see if I have Cystitis or anything. There's a lot of pain in my right and left side too and my neck and back both hurt on and off. I did a lot of exercise yesterday and now my neck, shoulders and back are so sore. Think I kinda over did the walking cause I walked for like an hour or something. Maybe I should only walk for like 20 mins or something now cause I'm so sore and I wasn't like this before. A nurse at my doctors office also said I might have overactive bladder. I've been off of it since October and now it's December and I'm still peeing a lot. My mother's birthday is on Christmas and wants to go to the movies but I told her how can I go when I'm constantly peeing all the time. I know it's Klonopin but I started crying really bad cause I just want to be able to go to the movies. Whenever I go out to the doctor's, appointments I have or do anything....sometimes I have to try to hold it. But than I end up running to the bathroom. It really sucks and I'm drinking water to flush everything out which is good. I just hope all of this stops soon.

And right now and I know this is off topic, but I'm also suffering with IBS, I'm constipated for a few days and than one day I'll finally go to the bathroom and it's horrible. My mother told me to stop diagnosing myself but I know that's what I'm going through right now cause it's one of the withdrawals symptoms.

Blue,

Are you currently tapering? 

I know that the constant urge to pee is annoying.  The days when I have the constant urge to pee, it's hard to do much of anything.  I think it's nerve related.  You either have a relaxed bladder or a contracted bladder. 

Any type of workout causes me aches and pains.  Doesn't matter if it was even a light walk.  Seems like things are either too relaxed or in hyper mode.

Try

I am also having a flare up of the UT pain.  I feel pressure and pain and some burning after peeing.  I don't have a true UTI just some trace blood and bacteria, not a full blown infection.  I think it is just w/d and the bladder, urethra whatever muscles spasm.  Its awful right now and it had almost gone away for over a month.  I just hate this, I can't function in this pain either.  God help us get through this, it is just awful.

I am also having a flare up of the UT pain.  I feel pressure and pain and some burning after peeing.  I don't have a true UTI just some trace blood and bacteria, not a full blown infection.  I think it is just w/d and the bladder, urethra whatever muscles spasm.  Its awful right now and it had almost gone away for over a month.  I just hate this, I can't function in this pain either.  God help us get through this, it is just awful.

Hi all  :hug: Anything connected to the pelvic floor muscles are effected, mine travels down my legs to the soles of my feet when m rectum, vagina or anything else spams in that are as there are a lot of inter connecting nerves and muscles. Pseudo UTI, is another wonderful WD sx, I have it now and also what feels like Salpingitis (inflammation of the fallopian tubes). I had that for year's on and off after an accident when I was a kid and had my tubes removed 10 year's ago, but that's another thing that happens in healing. Your body will retrace illnesses and injury's you have forgotten about or have no memory of to complete the unfinished healing that drugs or anything else had blocked. I posted about it here...

Why Symptoms Return - How Healing Progresses  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=145466.msg1963101#msg1963101

More info..Healing Crisis

Part of the Healing Process .http://www.the-natural-path.com/healing-crisis.html

Hi BlueSkies218 :hug: I along with many other have frequent urination from WD, I go every few minutes, and also like others without warning as well. I spend more time during the night in my bathroom than laying down as its even worse then its exhausting and I'm worn to a frazzle by it as I hardly sleep and have to turn around and go back to the toilet before the door closes  :( Its a very, very common WD symptom for males and females alike right across all age ranges from youngest to eldest.

Hi Blue just like Nova said

I have this and sometimes when I go Im exhausted after just from urinating. This symptom comes and goes....Im just grateful that I can pee to be honest and unless there is burning I don't overally worry. If it burns I just drink water a and a little cranberry juice if  suspect an infection. But the peeing issue comes and goes.

Shania

I am suffering from IBS-C. I had this last summer and it's terrible. You get pressure in your rectum like you have to go and nothing. I had a colonoscopy and a CT Scan done last year when this all started and everything came back Cancer free. Than out of the clear blue it went away for over a year, now it's back. I also have frequent urination. Does anyone have problems with the pain in the pelvis area and pressure in the rectum? Oh I also had all kinds of test for ovarian cancer last year, all came back fine. I'm just so tired of going through this. Went to the ER a month ago and they did X-rays of my stomach and pelvis, nothing showed up so it must be spasms. Anyone?

I have that pressure feeling but more in the vaginal area, like the urethra.  My urine stream is weak so  I think the muscles spasm and make everything feel tight down there.  I also get a right side pain near my ovary sometimes.  It was awful yesterday but now it has eased off some.  The valium is a muscle relaxer but when tapering I think it causes the opposite.  Valium also makes me constipated.  I use Metamucil, it does help.  I hope as I taper lower this all goes away.  I hope you feel better, it really is a miserable problem and nothing that I know of they can do for it.  I have heard about pelvic floor therapy but they are hard to find.  If this continues for me I will try to find one.  I am having surgery in January and am holding all meds until then. With the spinal pain I just can't taper right now.  Hope you do better soon, maybe someone can chime in with some tips to alleviate the agony of this. 

Yes Freeme this is not fun at all. They put me on Linzess for IBS-C and that seems to help with the constipation and pain, but I was sent Chocolates for Christmas and I think I should have stayed away from them because about an hour after I ate them the pressure came back. I have some Linzess left from when I took them before, but my doctor gave me a new script and my drug company said they wouldn't pay for them. Can you believe for a month supply the charge $345.00? I'm waiting to hear if they will pay for them....had to have my doctor call the drug company. I don't know what I'll do if they still say no. There the only medicine on the market that helps with this condition. I am praying that it will let up like the last time. I might have to come up with the money because I can't go without them right now. Never had this until I started tapering K. I'll add you to my prayers Freeme....

Thanks for everyone's replies. My urination has been there since I stopped taking the medication. And I believe it happened even before when I was taking the medication. I remember when I was on it, I would always have to urinate so often. It would be annoying.

I've been peeing now and drinking a lot of water and flushing it out of my system which is good. However now my urine is clear all the sudden and this worries me and I feel like I have a UTI or a bladder infection but I didn't do anything. I no longer have my boyfriend, him and I broke up cause he couldn't handle my withdrawals but that doesn't clearly matter. I'm better off without him. I'd just like to know if this is this a withdrawal symptom or something? If so, what do I do for it? Thanks!  :)

Well, pressure burning after urination, the whole nine yds. came roaring back on Wed.  Today is the worst.  After a bowel movement or peeing is worse.  Naturally I had scheduled my surgery for Jan. 15 and the same day this problem came back.  It is so awful, I can hardly function.  I pray this goes away again although it never went completely away but was better.  I don't get the constant urination, I get the opposite where my urine stream is weak.  I am going forward with the spinal surgery unless I truly have a UTI, which I know I don't.  Don't know how I will stand it but i"ll just have to as I can hardly walk now and the pain from my back is so bad and now with this vaginal and rectal pressure and pain I am going out of my mind.  Wish Drs. could figure out something to be done to alleviate this, it is really awful.  Hope you all are doing better than me right now.  I pray for us all to have relief.

When I was in tolerance withdrawal last year I developed insane internal vaginal itching after a yeast infection but the itch never went away. It was a 10 out of 10 insane for over 9 months. Then came on the severe bladder problems. Pain, burning, aching everywhere down there and pelvic region. Horrible. It improved some when I was tapering and wasn't really bad when I jumped. I am now 12 weeks off benzos and the burning pain and aching in my genitals, urethra, bladder, entire pelvic region is back and beyond bad. I was convinced I had a bladder infection or UTI. My doctor thought I did too. My leukocytes were high but culture came back negative. Same thing happened last year. Saw a bunch of doctors and might as well have thrown my copay money in a garbage. Everything was and is normal though I feel like I am dying and the pain is just so wrong on so many levels. Cannot believe I have this again. I also have fluoroqinolone toxicity syndrome from Levaquin 3 years ago--totally disabled me. So, I never know what is the FQ toxicity or benzo w/d. I also have incontinence. So sick of this crap. At least many of my other benzo w/d symptoms improved. I cannot tolerate NSAIDs or anything affecting GABA like gabapentin or lyrica so when I have bad horrible pain it is a lot of suffering or I have to relent to pain meds which I hate. This sucks but at least I know I am not alone. Doctors are useless.

Bumping this thread up, in urinary V hell again.  Surgery is scheduled for Jan. 15 and I go to pre surgery physical on Tues.  Don't even know if I can make it there.  Also getting the rectal pressure now.  So tired of it all , almost went to the ER to get a pain shot last night as the oral pain meds hardly help.  I wish Drs. had something to help relieve this hell.  I would almost like to get an epidural and be dead from the waist down just for some relief.  Hope you all are doing better. 

freeme,  Hope all goes well for your pre surgery physical.  That rectal pressure sounds familiar.  Have a new to me car for the last few months and I swear the angle of the seat is causing me rectal and leg distress.  Have tried to adjust it to no avail, just really frustrating.

I have a friend who is "hooked" on getting epidurals, claims it is the only thing that helps with her back pain.  I would try to hold off on it as long as possible.

Sweet pea

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks,  I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis when I had severe adrenal fatigue, was bedridden and lost a lot a weight.  I had also been taking Xanax for 2 months or so.  The symptoms seemed to come on suddenly and I had never had anything like them before.  Bladder pain/burning, peeing a lot more, flank pain and burning.  Doctors never found any UTI infections. A good Urologist diagnosed the IC. Not sure what caused it but, I found a great website called IC Network that is a big help.  Certain foods and stress aggravate it and taking Desert Harvest brand aloe helps minimize the symptoms for me. The website also talks about vulvodynia and other problems.   

Bumping this thread up, in urinary V hell again.  Surgery is scheduled for Jan. 15 and I go to pre surgery physical on Tues.  Don't even know if I can make it there.  Also getting the rectal pressure now.  So tired of it all , almost went to the ER to get a pain shot last night as the oral pain meds hardly help.  I wish Drs. had something to help relieve this hell.  I would almost like to get an epidural and be dead from the waist down just for some relief.  Hope you all are doing better.

with pressure down below I always think its worse when your standing up. Laying down with a hot water bottle or cold ice pack on it I have found helps

Haven't been doing much standing with my spinal issues.  Yesterday was horrible with burning pressure but today is better so far.  I guess the muscles go into spasm.  I do use the heating pad and it helps a little.  The mouth burning is awful also.  Lord let this end.

• 2 weeks later...
  Still suffering and guess I'll go to urologist just to rule out anything.  This is a horrible symptom, I wish God would lift this one for me but I'm sure He will in His time.  Hope you are all hanging in there. 

I had these same symptoms. I had to pee so much and my urethra hurt soooo bad. I was first diagnosed with UTI and nothing improved. I went back and got a culture and everything was fine there. I never went to a urologist as I didn't have insurance at the time. I rode it out and it finally went away. I cut out all bladder irritants. That includes caffeine, tomatoes (I love coffee and tomatoes) Anything acidic and do no touch soda with a 10 foot pole! It will go away! I know the pain is unbearable. I got the most relief by keeping a gel ice pack between my legs. Heat seemed to make it worse. Drink tons of water too! I also had shooting pains all over my pelvis, in my vagina and my bottom. Those have subsided as well. Hang in there. It will get better. Now I am just stuck with some anxiety and insomnia. Fun times!

Kat