Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Ok so i'll keep up with my dry micro taper here. Only been on Ati 13 weeks

Ativan .5mg 2x/day (each pill weighs 0.060g so 0.120g total) using MG scale and nail file

Shaving/Filing 0.001g off each pill each day; dosing times 5am 5pm (I hold only one day every other day as a precaution)

5am  5pm

3/6 0.059  0.059

3/7 0.058  0.058

3/8 0.058  0.058

3/9 0.057  0.057

3/10 0.056 0.056

3/11 0.056 0.056

3/12 0.055 0.055

So far, only my usual symptoms that I have during interdose withdrawl anyway dizziness/lightheaded/head tingling but I push through it all because i'm so ready to heal

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You have an excellent taper - keep up the good work.  Do not fear the waves.  Remember, external stress factors can also trigger waves of symptoms.  Try to minimize stress and anxiety.

@[Bo...]

Thank you!! The encouragement means a ton! I was so afraid to start but taking that step I literally feel a bit better each day I lower and take more of this stuff out of my system! I will stay the course! I have to go slow as I have 2 kids and a husband so I gotta still do daily life although I haven't driven since November '21. I shouldn't take long with this taper. I see in your signature you now take magnesium and thats something I want to try once i'm done. I really don't want to go back on any antidepressants so i'm working in therapy and stuff too during the taper 🙌🏾 I look forward to the day i'm benzo free! 🙏🏾

@Bob7

Thank you!! The encouragement means a ton! I was so afraid to start but taking that step I literally feel a bit better each day I lower and take more of this stuff out of my system! I will stay the course! I have to go slow as I have 2 kids and a husband so I gotta still do daily life although I haven't driven since November '21. I shouldn't take long with this taper. I see in your signature you now take magnesium and thats something I want to try once i'm done. I really don't want to go back on any antidepressants so i'm working in therapy and stuff too during the taper 🙌🏾 I look forward to the day i'm benzo free! 🙏🏾

:thumbsup:  Keep on rockin'! You'll get there.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is where I make a new post about val tapering.  I already tried the diazepam support group and they referred me here as there isn’t much activity on that page.

I’m at 10.48 now.  Mostly using pills and only using prescription liquid v for the micro tapering.  I’m finding I can only drop 0.02mg (ml) per day, so it takes 50 days to drop 1 mg.  I tried more and sxs were quite difficult.  It’s already not going well as I suffer from a lot of internal vibrations/buzzing all day and fatigue and weakness.  I also have shaky hands and legs.

Is anyone at a similar place in terms of dose or taper rate?  Or perhaps have experience with those symptoms?

Thanks.

Hi Slow and Steady

I am rarely on here any more but wanted to reply to your post.

I too need to taper at a snail's pace!!!! If I taper more quickly I suffer and each day becomes a marathon to get through.  I made the decision that the speed was the speed and I needed to have some life in me.

So I taper about .1 mg every 25-30 days on Valium: a bit faster than you but really I think one must take the big picture into account.

When I tapered Xanax I was tapering .00001mg daily ( nope not too many zeros there  :idiot:

Yes it took forever but if I sped up then life was.... well non-existent?

I take Lithium rotate which was monumental in helping with my fatigue, and have done some Kambo sessions (yes it's legal folks) that I found helpful.

Kambo is not for everyone for sure-- but I hope it gets mentioned a bit around here.

I just wanted to offer some encouragement that slow and steady is the way and that many of us can only go so so so slowly.

And we'll do it -- I'm convinced of that

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SS

I hope this is where I make a new post about val tapering.  I already tried the diazepam support group and they referred me here as there isn’t much activity on that page.

I’m at 10.48 now.  Mostly using pills and only using prescription liquid v for the micro tapering.  I’m finding I can only drop 0.02mg (ml) per day, so it takes 50 days to drop 1 mg.  I tried more and sxs were quite difficult.  It’s already not going well as I suffer from a lot of internal vibrations/buzzing all day and fatigue and weakness.  I also have shaky hands and legs.

Is anyone at a similar place in terms of dose or taper rate?  Or perhaps have experience with those symptoms?

Thanks.

Hi Slow and Steady

I too need to taper at a snail's pace!!!! If I taper more quickly I suffer and each day becomes a marathon to get through.  I made the decision that the speed was the speed and I needed to have some life in me.

So I taper about 1 mg every 25-30 days on Valium: a bit faster than you but really I think one must take the big picture into account.

When I tapered Xanax I was tapering .00001mg daily ( nope not too many zeros there  :idiot:

I take Lithium rotate which was monumental in helping with my fatigue, and have done some Kambo sessions (yes it's legal folks) that I found helpful.

Kambo is not for everyone for sure-- but I hope it gets mentioned a bit around here.

I just wanted to offer some encouragement that slow and steady is the way and that many of us can only go so so so slowly.

SS

How's this for slow....it took me 6 years to taper off 6mg of K. Mega slow. Just too sensitive to changes of any kind, so it took a really long time. Hang in there though! Any movement at all ultimately gets you closer to your own finish line. It'll happen :)

Thanks.

Hi Slow and Steady

So I taper about 1 mg every 25-30 days on Valium: a bit faster than you but really I think one must take the big picture into account.

SS

How's this for slow....it took me 6 years to taper off 6mg of K. Mega slow. Just too sensitive to changes of any kind, so it took a really long time. Hang in there though! Any movement at all ultimately gets you closer to your own finish line. It'll happen :)

I think you went faster than we're going and thanks for your reply.

Just as an edit: it's .1mg every 25-30 days.  Don't I wish it was 1mg!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have some questions about micro tapering.

I'm currently holding at 2.8mg of Zopiclone (from 7.5mg) because the withdrawals have been SO bad (and interdose withdrawals are horrendous) and I just didn't know how to face cutting again - until someone mentioned micro tapering!

I thought it would be easiest to do the liquid titration, but have questions....

1. I see people recommending 300mls of water. Why 300mls? Why not 200mls? Or 400mls?

2. Do I put in my current dose of 2.8mg into the liquid, or do I put in the full 7.5mg, pull out a whole bunch and then go from there?

Also considering swapping to Valium as it has a longer half life - but not sure whether I'd be swapping one shit show for another. Would appreciate some feedback on that too.

At the moment I'm unable to work or drive long distances. Have bad brain fog, horrible intrusive looping thoughts and vertigo (along with a bunch of other stuff). Worried that my insomnia will come back getting off this stuff, but sick of suffering being on it and going through interdose withdrawals every day (which seem to be getting worse the lower I taper).

Really new to all of this and could use whatever advice is thrown my way.

x

Hi Pugtragic,

The reason to select 200, or 300, or 400 mL is to select the number of days to finish your taper.  Since each day, you are removing 1 mL of water and drinking the rest, using 300 mL for example will finish in 300 days.  Does that make sense?

You do start with your current dose of 2.8 mg.  To be clear, if you want a 300 day taper, put 2.8mg of Zopiclone into 300 mL of water.  Some people use a few drops of Vodka on the pill to help break it down before adding the water.  In any case, whenever you drink some of the liquid, shake or stir well.  After you finish the liquid, add some fresh water and swirl it around and drink it too.

As for the switch to valium, there are very mixed results.  I do not recommend it but I am NOT a doctor.  You should also understand, Valium is a true benzo.  Zopiclone is not a true benzo.  You may get a stronger benzo issue with valium.

Again, I am not a doctor but I am trying a therapist to help with my anxiety and depression in order to address symptoms including insomina.  I may also add an SSRI as a test.  You might want to finish your taper before trying an SSRI but a therapist for anxiety/depression is a wise choice.

Bob

[cc...]

Again, I am not a doctor but I am trying a therapist to help with my anxiety and depression in order to address symptoms including insomina.  I may also add an SSRI as a test.  You might want to finish your taper before trying an SSRI but a therapist for anxiety/depression is a wise choice.

Bob

Bob, I added an SSRI during my taper and it saved my bacon.  Ashton does reference adding an SSRI during taper as well.  I wouldn't recommend an SSRI unless necessary.  For me it was necessary b/c my anxiety got off the rails and it took my anxiety level from a 10/10 where I could not function to a 4-6/10 within a month.  Note that it did not fix my insomnia.

Thank you RodgerThat for sharing.  It is kind of you to help me make a decision on the SSRI.

Did you have terrible insomnia due to ruminating thoughts while lying in bed?

[cc...]

Did you have terrible insomnia due to ruminating thoughts while lying in bed?

Bob, yes I did have terrible insomnia and ruminating thoughts while laying in bed.  While I cannot be sure, I do not believe that the SSRI positively impacted my insomnia.  I started the SSRI in October 2021 and I continued to have insomnia through December 2021. I did have a window in late Dec-early Feb and started sleeping but I do not believe it was associated with the SSRI.  It could have been I suppose but I worked on deep psychological work with a therapist to develop coping strategies and visualization exercises when I wake up at night.  It's helped a lot.  I still wake up but can go back to sleep. 

Hi RodgerThat,

This is excellent to compare notes with you on SSRI and sleep.

So we can dive deeper, would you mind joining me on the post I just started for this subject?  It is:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=267028.0

I want to start a group to discuss the idea about SSRI can help with sleep but it takes time for them to start working (like a couple of months).

Also, before you join me on that group, here are two specific questions for you:

Before SSRIs, if you had a big event the next day or other worry, would you say sleep was "impossible" or just like any other difficult night?

After 2 months on SSRIs, if you have a big event the next day, would you say your sleep is acceptable?

[cc...]

Also, before you join me on that group, here are two specific questions for you:

Before SSRIs, if you had a big event the next day or other worry, would you say sleep was "impossible" or just like any other difficult night?

After 2 months on SSRIs, if you have a big event the next day, would you say your sleep is acceptable?

Bob, yes happy to join you on the thread.  I'm thinking about your question carefully.  Before SSRIs, if I had a big event the next day I would describe my sleep as impossible.  Too many thoughts in my head to be able to go to sleep no matter how hard that I tried.  After 2 months on SSRIs, if I had a big event the next day my sleep was not acceptable.  Still, too much going on in my mind and difficult if not impossible to fall asleep/stay asleep.

The reason to select 200, or 300, or 400 mL is to select the number of days to finish your taper.  Since each day, you are removing 1 mL of water and drinking the rest, using 300 mL for example will finish in 300 days.  Does that make sense?

Ahhhhhh....gotcha. NOW it makes sense! Thanks Bob!

Hey micro taperers!

I think I’ve settled in on a rate now for the final leg of this journey.

I searched through the Valium and micro taper threads and I read up on how “builder” did his liquid taper. Going to try it.

I started with 0.01mg reduction per day 5 days ago.

Please cross fingers and toes and light candles and send prayers that this is a tolerable rate.

If I can keep this up l, I’ll be down to 0 and off by Christmas (with 40 days of holding built in).

Having a potential date that I will be done brings a strange sense of hope that I haven’t felt in a long time. Hopefully I can do this. 🙏🏻

Currently 2.23mg liquid V

Tree 🌲

Thanks Bob 😊

Did I remember right that you’re a STL guy? I lived there in Clayton for 7 years for some grad school for husband and myself. Still have hopes of possibly returning to the area some day.

Thanks Bob 😊

Did I remember right that you’re a STL guy? I lived there in Clayton for 7 years for some grad school for husband and myself. Still have hopes of possibly returning to the area some day.

Yes, I am from STL.  Clayton is a very nice area.  Well if you do show up, welcome back.

Omg my daily mirco taper is getting hard! My scale keeps being unstable. I even bought a brand new one (same brand) and the day i took it out the box its numbers are fluctuating. Im so frustrated! Idk what to do. Shaving these is becoming difficult and i don't think the pills are too light currently (0.052g each) . I need advice. Doc wants me to switch to liquid Valium equivalent but i'm scared 😓 buuuut my days are gettin so hard i am losing it! Somebody please advise me 😭😭😭 i would be starting at 3.2mg liquid valium 2x/day and going down from there. Ugh. She wants me to make the switch in 2 days starting with nighttime dose. I kinda wanna stick to the devil i know but its soooooo hard !

Strong there is a prescription Ativan that is what I use.  I mix it with water.  Maybe try to get your doc to agree to that.

[cc...]

@[St...]

Like you, I looked to alternate methods when my scale got inaccurate due to low weight.  I moved to the capsule filling method about a month ago and it's worked well for me.