Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Did this with last taper from 1.25g klonopin uears ago and started stable and was hoisebound but could work

Now 3 mg ativan since april (crosses failed) snd getting worse by day. Trying to convince doc to let me do dlmt this and sh she says i need to cut a couple more pills before then. Im already nonfunctional. Any hope for me with jrlp from family? I used to drop 1.25 mg K 200 ml molk and pulled out .03 a day

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I must not be understanding your situation.  0.03 mL reduction per day out of 200 mL would take 18 years to finish your taper.

Sorry I think it was 60 ml. But is there a plan here that's pretty standardized that I can follow for Ativan? I am way high at 3 mg but I try to make small cuts and I end up with akathisia. Can somebody please help me?

Looking for help in setting up a dlmt for 3 mg ativan. Not sure how ro do though i did it before. Im very much in tolerance.

Everyone is different.

What I think works is to make a taper attempt - whatever you want to try - and while doing it - journal your dose each day and the symptoms and any other anxiety from normal life.

After several weeks, you can look at your journal to fine tune your taper speed.

All tapers will have withdrawal symptoms.  The key is to find a taper speed where the withdrawal is tolerable.  This is why it is important to also record the daily anxiety from life and try to realize some of the symptoms are from life.  You can then find ways to address life - exercise meditation distraction.

Looking for help in setting up a dlmt for 3 mg ativan. Not sure how ro do though i did it before. Im very much in tolerance.

If I were you, I would hold for 10 days or until your symptoms are tolerable, whichever is longer.

Then I would try a new method - you would add your 3mg into the water as shown in this video.

This is my third horrific taper. Seemsike its going to best me, but hoping If I can find a daily liquid taper that gives me insanity then there is hope

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please tell me who has used PG in their liquid taper and has done ok with it.  Thank you :smitten:

I have used PG for my entire liquid taper.  It has been fine for me.  I don’t think have any issues with it. 

• 2 months later...

Any thoughts on whether cut and hold or DMT is better when you have tinnitus?

Thanks.

Hi Perserverance

I have done both DMT and cut and hold with tinnitus, didn’t really make a difference to the tinnitus, however I find the the DLMT is gentler on the system overall and I do it over a couple weeks then do a hold for a month just to cover any effects of the cut, it gives my body a chance to catch up.

Cheers

Gypsy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Libertas,

I am doing the DLMT with 2mg/ml lorazepam intensol.  If I wanted to do a titration for 300 days how much would I be reducing everyday?  I am at .412 mg now.

Thank you,

Diane

While I am doing cut – and – hold, at the moment, when I get to 10 mg, I hope to start a daily liquid titration, I've joined this group now, so that I get email notifications of other peoples experiences. I plan to use vodka to dissolve my diazepam, 2ml vodka + 98ml water + 2mg diazepam.

1 x 5mg pill, 1 x 2mg pill and the rest liquid.

Vodka keeps longer than milk so I hope my batch lasts a few days.

I will do the "pull-to-dose" method, so no valium-vodka-water mix gets wasted.

Hi Libertas,

I am doing the DLMT with 2mg/ml lorazepam intensol.  If I wanted to do a titration for 300 days how much would I be reducing everyday?  I am at .412 mg now.

Thank you,

Diane

Greetings, Diane.

0.412mg divided by 300 equals 0.0013733mg.

If you plan to keep the concentration of the liquid you are using the same, you can just divide the total amount of liquid you ingest each day by 300.

While I am doing cut – and – hold, at the moment, when I get to 10 mg, I hope to start a daily liquid titration, I've joined this group now, so that I get email notifications of other peoples experiences. I plan to use vodka to dissolve my diazepam, 2ml vodka + 98ml water + 2mg diazepam.

1 x 5mg pill, 1 x 2mg pill and the rest liquid.

Vodka keeps longer than milk so I hope my batch lasts a few days.

I will do the "pull-to-dose" method, so no valium-vodka-water mix gets wasted.

. What's the  "pull-to-dose" method?.

Nova 💕

Hi Libertas,

Thank you,

Diane

Gosh, I hope this works great for you, D.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I am beginning my microtaper today and was hoping someone could help me with the math. My prescription is for .5mg of clonazepam but I have been breaking them in half for a while now. I weighed the pill on a jeweler scale this moring and the actual weight is .17mg and half is .085. Is this correct? If so what am I deducting daily to microtaper at a good rate? Also, it seems because of the size of the pill I might do better at some point dissolving it in liquid.

Hi all!

I am beginning my microtaper today and was hoping someone could help me with the math. My prescription is for .5mg of clonazepam but I have been breaking them in half for a while now. I weighed the pill on a jeweler scale this moring and the actual weight is .17mg and half is .085. Is this correct? If so what am I deducting daily to microtaper at a good rate? Also, it seems because of the size of the pill I might do better at some point dissolving it in liquid.

Could you please  Add your history/signature so we know how to help you?

Hi all!

Yes, lego, both Accord and Teva clonazepam weigh around .170 g (170 mg). You are deducting pill weight. You could go by that alone, but it's also good to know what dose you're currently at. Obviously you need to know your current dose in pill weight to start. It sounds like that should be around .085 g, depending on how accurately you've been able to split them. I always recommend this pill splitter. It's the one I've been using for over a year, and many others have used it successfully. A metal nail file works well to file to the right weight. Some people use an X-ACTO knife as well. I could not tolerate a liquid, but if you can, that's another option. A compounded liquid would be super easy with no prep work on your end.

When I started my taper using liquid intensol for my Ativan taper, I was told somewhere here to put in 300 ml of water and pull 1 ml a day. Now someone is telling me I'm doing this all wrong, but I checked with the pharmacist who checked with the manufacturer that intensil would evenly distribute in water. Is that incorrect?

When I started my taper using liquid intensol for my Ativan taper, I was told somewhere here to put in 300 ml of water and pull 1 ml a day. Now someone is telling me I'm doing this all wrong, but I checked with the pharmacist who checked with the manufacturer that intensil would evenly distribute in water. Is that incorrect?

Might I ask who is telling you this?  Is it a member here?

The person telling me I'm doing it all wrong is on Facebook group. I didn't ask for this information from her She just offered that I was doing it all wrong. I thought it was you libertas who gave me the instructions but I could be wrong.