Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Did you ask this person what her credentials were?  Or is she just a random stranger on the Internet?

Did she tell you what exactly was wrong with your approach?

Most importantly, has the approach you’ve been using been working for you?  If so, then I would ignore the person on Facebook and continue doing what you have been doing.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this person doesn't know and it's not a professional but went through Ativan withdrawal with pills. Nothing has worked for me because I started intolerance withdrawal and it just keeps getting worse and worse. Can you please tell me if this unacceptable way to get a uniform taper?

I put 2 ml Intensol in 300 ml water because Im starting with 4 mg Ativan. I stir 20 times before pulling reduction .25 ml more each day for 2  percent reduction a month. I make a badge at 6:00 p.m. and it lasts until the next day at 6:00 p.m. and doses are in amber glass jars in the refrigerator. I made the switch from pills in July. I've only been pulling since October 24th and yes I pulled daily because my symptoms have been horrendous since I was reinstated on Ativan. I've been intolerance withdrawal ever since and nothing has worked including crossing over to Klonopin or Valium. I appear to be cross tolerant all benzos. I haven't gotten very far so I'm probably getting 290 ml of water with the Ativan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just started a Mirtazapine taper.

I'm curious if anyone has done a micro taper off of Mirtazapine?

A dry cut micro taper worked really well for me in my benzo taper. Unfortunately, I'm in a benzo setback due to surgery and anesthesia. Before that I was 75% healed and thriving.

I was prescribed Mirtazapine for sleep, I'm at 7.5mgs but it isn't working and I'm actually having a paradoxical reaction to it. So I have to taper off of it.

I haven't seen much about people using a micro taper for Mirt so I was wondering if there was something about the medication, that micro tapering wouldn't work well.

I'm super sensitive to meds at this point.

Thanks.

Final healing

Hi,

I wanted to check my math for a liquid suspension for Mirtazapine using maple syrup as the suspension.i want 1mg = 1ml

Crush four, 7.5 pills

Add the pills to 15ml of water

Add 15ml of maple syrup

Total 30ml of suspension

Will give me 4 doses wirh 1mg = 1ml

Is this correct?

FH, I did a microtaper of Mirtazapine in the past and it went pretty well.  It did take a long time for me to get to zero, especially below 4 mg.  I'd treat your M taper like a benzo taper:  go slow and base the rate on your symptoms and hold when necessary.

All the best!

FH, I did a microtaper of Mirtazapine in the past and it went pretty well.  It did take a long time for me to get to zero, especially below 4 mg.  I'd treat your M taper like a benzo taper:  go slow and base the rate on your symptoms and hold when necessary.

All the best!

I appreciate your feedback. Can you you share an example?

For me when I did my benzo taper, I cut everything day and held when I got symptoms. So if my pill weighed 200grams I dropped to 199, 198, etc.

Is that how you did it with your Mirt taper?

I am at 7 mgs from 7.5 but have done cut and hold so far.

FH, yes that is how I did it.  I cut about 10% per month (cut and hold) at the higher doses.  When I got below 5 mg I cut 0.1 mg at a time and based the next cut on my symptoms. 

Jimbabwe

FH, yes that is how I did it.  I cut about 10% per month (cut and hold) at the higher doses.  When I got below 5 mg I cut 0.1 mg at a time and based the next cut on my symptoms. 

Jimbabwe

Thank you.

• 3 months later...
Following. Tapering 4 mg Ativan at 2 percent a month. In tolerance for the last year, really sick, kindled and polydrugged. Please pray for me. Long story that started with long COVID brain

Hi Everyone,

For the life of me, although it has been explained, I cannot figure out how to micro-taper. I am tapering off Seroquel given for sleep during benzo withdrawal. I have a compounding pharmacy making me a 10mg/1ml solution, and I am on 28.5mg. I tapered 5 percent about a month ago, and it was too rough. So looking for another way but need one-to-one help if anyone might be willing to explain it to me on a Zoom or call. I am just not following the math, and I desperately need that skill right now.

Hi Everyone,

For the life of me, although it has been explained, I cannot figure out how to micro-taper. I am tapering off Seroquel given for sleep during benzo withdrawal. I have a compounding pharmacy making me a 10mg/1ml solution, and I am on 28.5mg. I tapered 5 percent about a month ago, and it was too rough. So looking for another way but need one-to-one help if anyone might be willing to explain it to me on a Zoom or call. I am just not following the math, and I desperately need that skill right now.

Did you micro taper the 5% last month?  Just wondering, as the math for that would be similar to the math for a less of a percentage cut.  Seroquel is a very different animal than bentos I know but for most of my benzo taper I've only been able to taper between 2-3% a month.

Can your compounding pharmacy explain the math to you?  It's fairly easy once you get the hang of it with the 10mg/1mg solution that you use, but I'm a bit leery of offering details in this format. 

Maybe someone who is more confident in that realm?

It can be done!  :thumbsup::)

SS

Hi Everyone,

Hi Rebecca-

I use calculatorsoup.com to figure out my % so what I did was put in 28.5 (where you are right now) and then i played around until i got to 27.5 and that is a 3.51% reduction. So if you did this, this is what you would do:

Draw your first 2 full 1ML doses to = 20 mg of S

Then you are going to draw 0.85ml to =8.5mg of s

And then you would work your way down to 0.75m. =7.75mg of s

This dose over 30 days is about 2.75 times, meaning you would pull .085ml for 2 days, and lets say .084 for 3, 083 for 2, .082 for 2 and .081 for 3 and so on, I didn’t actually calculate it out on the calendar, you would have to do that over the ticks on the syringe and the days for the month.

Then if lets say 3.5% worked for you, you would just find that calculation starting at 27.75% and draw from there. You keep going down from the .075.  Then you will be down to two syringes and the math will be the same.

Oh, I got a jewelers magnifying lens /glasses to use for when I draw up my syringes, those little lines are so hard to see…..it helps so much.

I hope this helped

Marie

Following. Tapering 4 mg Ativan at 2 percent a month. In tolerance for the last year, really sick, kindled and polydrugged. Please pray for me. Long story that started with long COVID brain

Sorry you are feeling so bad.  Hang in there.  :smitten:

Marie

I am tapering 4 mg of Ativan and I'm starting out intolerance

I'm also kindled so I was told to do 2% a month. I put the 4 mg liquid Ativan in 300 ml of water. Each day I'm pulling out .20 ml. Did I figure that correctly? It seems like barely anything but it's really already brutal and feeling even more brain damaged.

Polydrugged with depakote and trazodone but waiting to taper those. Thank you for your help!!!

Hi Everyone,

Hi Rebecca-

I use calculatorsoup.com to figure out my % so what I did was put in 28.5 (where you are right now) and then i played around until i got to 27.5 and that is a 3.51% reduction. So if you did this, this is what you would do:

This dose over 30 days is about 2.75 times, meaning you would pull .085ml for 2 days, and lets say .084 for 3, 083 for 2, .082 for 2 and .081 for 3 and so on, I didn’t actually calculate it out on the calendar, you would have to do that over the ticks on the syringe and the days for the month.

Then if lets say 3.5% worked for you, you would just find that calculation starting at 27.75% and draw from there. You keep going down from the .075.  Then you will be down to two syringes and the math will be the same.

Oh, I got a jewelers magnifying lens /glasses to use for when I draw up my syringes, those little lines are so hard to see…..it helps so much.

I hope this helped

Marie

Thank you. My head is spinning! I wish I was better at math.

Hi Everyone,

Hi Rebecca-

I hope this helped

Marie

Thank you. My head is spinning! I wish I was better at math.

Does this make sense?  If it doesn’t please just ask…I don’t mind trying to explain it a different way, or maybe someone else will jump in.

Marie

I am tapering 4 mg of Ativan and I'm starting out intolerance

I'm also kindled so I was told to do 2% a month. I put the 4 mg liquid Ativan in 300 ml of water. Each day I'm pulling out .20 ml. Did I figure that correctly? It seems like barely anything but it's really already brutal and feeling even more brain damaged.

Polydrugged with depakote and trazodone but waiting to taper those. Thank you for your help!!!

I’m not sure….I did pass college math 30 years ago  :laugh:, but I am just staring at this and my benzo brain just about has it, but not.  I will ask my partner tomorrow and he will whip it right out….so I will get back to you.  Maybe someone else will jump in sooner.

Marie

• 2 weeks later...

I have super Benzo brain and can't think or work any bloody thing out!

I need to dose 0.25mg using liquid, I will be diluting 5x2mg pills (=10mg) in 20mls of Vodka and adding 80mils of water to make 100mls.

I will then need to draw a 0.25mg dose from the liquid out, how do I convert that to mils on a syringe and which line on the syringe?

And which is the best size syringe to make it easier a 1mil or 10mil or another size?

Nova  :smitten: :smitten:

Help! So i got 5MG of valium left to taper....the 1MG every two weeks form ashton manual is killling me at this point. HOw do i dry taper or micro taper 1MG a month. Thank you

Help! So i got 5MG of valium left to taper....the 1MG every two weeks form ashton manual is killling me at this point. HOw do i dry taper or micro taper 1MG a month. Thank you

I think that many have found the Ashton Manual far too fast at this point.  I even read that if you call the Ashton clinic now they recommend 5% a month (no I don't have a citation)

tapering 1mg from 5 mg is 20% a might hefty percentage to subject yourself to in a month.  Some can do it, but if your'e having a difficult time now it's unlikely to get easier.  I know I couldn't tolerate going that quickly but I'm very kindled.

It's so disappointing to have to slow down, but IMHO we must to stay sane and functioning.

A daily micro taper of your choice seems to be the easiest way to taper for many.  Not so many peaks and valleys.

the choices are liquid, through your pharmacy compounding or making it yourself, or dry cutting using a scale.