Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

How can y'all handle making a cut everyday!? Y'all are so lucky!

Pinkglitter,

I am so sorry you are suffering so much.  I taper almost every day because I'm doing the DLMT so I'm only reducing by .2 ml or .001 mg per day.  It's still hard for me.  Again I am so sorry.  Please hang in there it had to get better.

Prayers ❤

D

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

How can y'all handle making a cut everyday!? Y'all are so lucky!

You definitely do NOT have to taper every single day. Just do what your body tolerates the best. Your body doesn't care if you're following rules of daily micro tapering or following a particular calendar. Just listen to your body and do what it tolerates. It'll tell you. Hang tight!!

• 1 month later...

Hi friends… Nice to see some old BB’s and hi to the new faces.

I am still at it.  I had to take a break from the boards for myself and for my family too, lots was of stuff was going on.  We lost my mother in law in September and I was doing a lot of caregiving the last 6 months of her life.  I had to do lots of holding and going super slow too.  It seems if I do even 10% per month, I feel it.  SX are definitely there, and have me on the couch a lot.  I can function too, but my energy is low and motivation is lacking.  Mild tinnitus, face burning, muscles hurt and joint pain, some headaches and I sleep about 5 hours.  I have been much worse, so I am not going to complain too much.  I am obviously going to have to slow things down.  I’m at 5.7mg V and tomorrow I will go to 5.6 for 5 day’s, then 5.5 for 5 days and then I will change the formula for the next drop down.  I may start doing a smaller daily drop down???

Looking forward to popping back in and catching up with you all and seeing your progress.  What is working and what isn’t.  I am a sponge  ;D

Marie

I am still at it.  I had to take a break from the boards for myself and for my family too, lots was of stuff was going on.  We lost my mother in law in September and I was doing a lot of caregiving the last 6 months of her life.  I had to do lots of holding and going super slow too.  It seems if I do even 10% per month, I feel it.  SX are definitely there, and have me on the couch a lot.  I can function too, but my energy is low and motivation is lacking.  Mild tinnitus, face burning, muscles hurt and joint pain, some headaches and I sleep about 5 hours.  I have been much worse, so I am not going to complain too much.  I am obviously going to have to slow things down.  I’m at 5.7mg V and tomorrow I will go to 5.6 for 5 day’s, then 5.5 for 5 days and then I will change the formula for the next drop down.  I may start doing a smaller daily drop down???

Looking forward to popping back in and catching up with you all and seeing your progress.  What is working and what isn’t.  I am a sponge  ;D

Marie

I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law but so glad you were able to care for her, this is exactly what a taper is for, to be able to remain functional and you did. 

Marie

I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law but so glad you were able to care for her, this is exactly what a taper is for, to be able to remain functional and you did.

Hi Pamster-

Thank you.  She was ready and it was time.  Yes, I am so so thankful for BB’s and for you, and everyone who was able to set me up with my taper.  I don’t know how I would have made it through without this forum and the knowledge that I gained from it. 

It’s so nice to hear from you  :)

Marie

Marie

10% per month??!! Heck, I would've been happy to be able to cut 10% in 8 months! One person's misery is another's joy :) . Anyway, keep heading down the highway you're on. This journey will one day soon be in your rearview mirror. Next!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m brand new at this and have no idea how to post in this group without replying. So I’m just going to throw this out there and see if it works.

I was at 6mg daily Xanax. 3- 2 mg bars daily. 1 morning- 1 afternoon 1- bedtime. This was my prescription. I started at 1mg 3x daily 4 years ago and ended at 6mg.

I started to taper mid September and I’m down to 2.25 mg’s daily. It’s been a brutal 3 months. I’m very interested in cutting or shaving the pills or whatever you people are doing to step down more gradual. So here comes the newbie questions.

1. What type of scale are you using

2. What percentage do you drop daily/ weekly

3. How do you keep accurate numbers

4. Are you just taking a razor blade and shaving the pills

5. What if individual pills weigh different amounts won’t that effect the concentration of the dose

6. How do you shave and weigh pills while you’re at work

I probably have a million more questions… this is very fascinating to me. Is there liquid xanex? What am I missing. I initially started by stepping down .5 mg’s at a time and it was brutal. Now I’m stepping down every 2 weeks .25 mg’s at a time and I have to say it’s not really any better. Do I just tough this out and eventually get down to .25 mg’s and pull the plug? How do I do this without feeling so awful? Also could someone explain how I post in this thread without having to reply to a post? I’m sorry for all the questions… I’m desperate here hahaha 

I’m brand new at this and have no idea how to post in this group without replying. So I’m just going to throw this out there and see if it works.

I was at 6mg daily Xanax. 3- 2 mg bars daily. 1 morning- 1 afternoon 1- bedtime. This was my prescription. I started at 1mg 3x daily 4 years ago and ended at 6mg.

I started to taper mid September and I’m down to 2.25 mg’s daily. It’s been a brutal 3 months. I’m very interested in cutting or shaving the pills or whatever you people are doing to step down more gradual. So here comes the newbie questions.

5. What if individual pills weigh different amounts won’t that effect the concentration of the dose

I probably have a million more questions… this is very fascinating to me. Is there liquid xanex? What am I missing. I initially started by stepping down .5 mg’s at a time and it was brutal. Now I’m stepping down every 2 weeks .25 mg’s at a time and I have to say it’s not really any better. Do I just tough this out and eventually get down to .25 mg’s and pull the plug? How do I do this without feeling so awful? Also could someone explain how I post in this thread without having to reply to a post? I’m sorry for all the questions… I’m desperate here hahaha

I'm traveling right now so all I have is a phone and difficult to make responses but I'll make a note to come back here by Tuesday and try to answer .

Appreciate it!! My next step down is .25 mg’s the 22nd of this month so no rush. The first 10 days of the drop are what’s killing me and then I kinda level out and then right back to dropping and I’m miserable. A viscous cycle.

I'm traveling right now so all I have is a phone and difficult to make responses but I'll make a note to come back here by Tuesday and try to answer .

Here are some answers for you:

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g

This varies greatly but many do 5 to 10% every 2 weeks.

Journal your dose and your symptoms everyday.

I like that method as long as you are on large dose.  You do need to be so exact until you get near the end of your taper.

Benzos have a long half-life so if one day you get a little more and the next you get a little less, it averages out.

I like to make many doses ahead of time and store the drug in empty gel capsules.  Take a look at these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PYV3L6K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Here are some answers for you:

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g

This varies greatly but many do 5 to 10% every 2 weeks.

Journal your dose and your symptoms everyday.

I like that method as long as you are on large dose.  You do need to be so exact until you get near the end of your taper.

Benzos have a long half-life so if one day you get a little more and the next you get a little less, it averages out.

I like to make many doses ahead of time and store the drug in empty gel capsules.  Take a look at these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PYV3L6K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Howdy, Bob!! How's life going?? Finally, I'm drug freakin' free!

I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May God continue to bless you on this new page of you life story.

I also hope you feel well.

Marie

10% per month??!! Heck, I would've been happy to be able to cut 10% in 8 months! One person's misery is another's joy :) . Anyway, keep heading down the highway you're on. This journey will one day soon be in your rearview mirror. Next!!!

Hi- LOL…You made me feel like a ROCK STAR… :D.  But I was talking to my doctor today and this 10% isn’t working out…so I am lowering it.  Maybe I am going to try like 7% and if that doesn’t work, I will do 5% and whatever from there.  I am sick of feeling like this, and I don’t want to keep doing holds, because I’ll just end up at the same place anyways. Right? 

Congratulations too!!!!  Slow and Steady! 

Marie

Hi-  I just wanted to welcome you to BB’s and say you will get lots of support here. Bob already has you covered.

I am super impressed by how much you have already cut.  When I saw your amount and time, my eye’s popped wide open.  Just be careful as it can catch up with you.  Hope you get all the answers you are searching for and can keep making such good progress…way to go :thumbsup:

Marie

Marie

Hi- LOL…You made me feel like a ROCK STAR… :D.  But I was talking to my doctor today and this 10% isn’t working out…so I am lowering it.  Maybe I am going to try like 7% and if that doesn’t work, I will do 5% and whatever from there.  I am sick of feeling like this, and I don’t want to keep doing holds, because I’ll just end up at the same place anyways. Right? 

Marie

Yeah, just do whatever works. I got to a point early on where I didn't even apply any kind of percentage number to the taper process. I just found a dose that I felt comfortable with (that changed over time) and cut with that amount when I felt like I could, then just went on about life. Some days I felt miserable, some days I cut, some days I didn't, some days I felt "good", some days I tied my left shoe first...just whatever. You'll get there!!

I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May God continue to bless you on this new page of you life story.

I also hope you feel well.

:thumbsup:

Marie

Marie

Yeah, just do whatever works. I got to a point early on where I didn't even apply any kind of percentage number to the taper process. I just found a dose that I felt comfortable with (that changed over time) and cut with that amount when I felt like I could, then just went on about life. Some days I felt miserable, some days I cut, some days I didn't, some days I felt "good", some days I tied my left shoe first...just whatever. You'll get there!!

LOL….I’m trying to tie my right shoe….I’ll get there when I get there.  I am not going to worry about the %’s  :)

Marie

• 2 months later...

What happened to this thread? Let's get it going again.

I am currently DMTing with a scale (liquids didn't work for me) and am down to .539 mg k today. Sx have gotten worse over the past week and a half, but our family just went through having Omicron last week and my stepdad passed away on Tuesday, so I'm trying not to read too much into the increase in severity. I'm hoping it's sickness- and stress-induced and not because I've reached a certain dose. From what I've read here, it seems to be pretty common for these kinds of major stressors to rev symptoms.

My main symptoms currently are fog/cloudy head for varying lengths every day with minor exceptions, anxiety, some akathisia that forces me out to walk, irritability, agitation, broken sleep, and some depression depending on the severity of other symptoms.

How is everyone else DMTing doing?

I am at 1.9mg V equivalent and struggling. Been bed bound since last August. I held several months and had Covid for six week. Was just started to sleep a little better but still bed bound from POts and a bunch of other symptoms when I starting cutting January 1st at a 3% dry daily micro taper. I had to move in with my parents as I can’t make it up to cook for myself.

Do some people just have it bad at the end no matter what? Wondering if I need more time holding since I am in a crash or if I will ever pull out of it no matter how long I hold. Perhaps I need to do like Ultra and just cut slow and through holds in there as I see I need. My fear is I will take several more years to get off this last little bit and be bedbound the whole time and then take a year or so to heal after.

It can be difficult at the end of your taper.

But also, think about your life.  Is there more anxiety and stress for other, non-benzo reasons.  Remember, anxiety is real and can make your withdrawal process hard.  Try to remove stress in your life and learn anti-anxiety tools (drug free tools).  Look on YouTube for anxiety help videos.

Hang in there.  You are almost done.

Thank you Bob I have been doing meditations on YouTube. I am probably more relaxed now than I have ever been because I have a caregiver. It’s just very hard and not sure how to proceed.

You might want to update your signature.

What have you been holding from 5/2018 to March 2020 at 1.3mg?

Are you using Librium?  Is that your 1.9mg V equivalent?

are you still on Viibryd?

My signature is up to date. I take Librium and Viibryd. I have discovered I am insulin resistant and also hypoglycemic. Most of my symptoms are hypoglycemic in nature but I know that is similar to Benzo Withdrawal symptoms. Despite my efforts to eat small balanced meals my hypoglycemia doesn’t really stay in check.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive been daily microtapering using water my evening dose .  I'm about to head down to 3.5 mg of Dia.  I'm going to go back to dry cutting so I can take my dose to work with me in the morning.  I'm going to microtaper one mg off of my am dose

• 3 weeks later...

I hope this is where I make a new post about val tapering.  I already tried the diazepam support group and they referred me here as there isn’t much activity on that page.

I’m at 10.48 now.  Mostly using pills and only using prescription liquid v for the micro tapering.  I’m finding I can only drop 0.02mg (ml) per day, so it takes 50 days to drop 1 mg.  I tried more and sxs were quite difficult.  It’s already not going well as I suffer from a lot of internal vibrations/buzzing all day and fatigue and weakness.  I also have shaky hands and legs.

Is anyone at a similar place in terms of dose or taper rate?  Or perhaps have experience with those symptoms?

Thanks.