• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pamster.

Yes, that is one of my concerns. While I'm holding now I'm trying to determine the best way forward. I've read some people had a difficult time with micro tapering 0.5.

I'm really confused. Not sure if I should stick to k or try to c/o to v.

Jelly, one of the moderators here, Bob7 dry microtapered with Klonopin. I’m not sure what size his tablets were, but I know he added a filler as a bulking agent to aid in weighing doses.

Thank you Kitsune.

I found his blog with a detailed explanation of what he did. And yes the tablet was 0.5mg.

Thanks so much for pointing me in that direction. This forum is just a wealth of information.

Hello,

What is the filler thing all you are talking about? I can't find anything (cog fog). I'm doing dry micro cutting with a scale but the scale is imprecise and it doesn't even register smaller sizes. And when it register the weight, it changes a lot, I measure one several times, and each time it gives a different weight. I heard that more weight makes the scale more precise. Right now I'm zero-ing the scale with some weight on it before turning it on, but it doesn't seem to work.

Many members will weigh 10 pills and divide the number by 10.

Here is Bob7's video of his process to find out about the filler he uses, or you could start a thread on the titration board and he'll drop by to help.  Bob7 Benzo Dry Taper Method 

Hi BB’s I have been doing my DLMT and I got to 1.95ml’s =9.5mg V, and I really started to feel it.  So I decided to hold for 3 nights.  Tonight I will proceed with 1.94ml’s and continue down...if I have to hold again, I will.  As I am doing a symptom based DLMT going forward.  The other night, it was the night after my 1.95 dose and I was feeling it, and out walking the dog’s.....I had all these reasons to continue moving forward (because I just want to get this done, but I also remember how bad I crashed) and I was having a hard time enjoying my walk, with just looping thoughts. I had to keep trying to center myself and talk myself into sanity..... ;D. Anyways, I got home and talked it through with my partner.  He is so kind and he reminded me that we got rid of the “calendar” and how sick I got....and that I need to feel good and have a life.

I’m just so thankful for this group and all the sharing and caring :thumbsup:

Marie

Howmanytimes I am so happy for you!  You have worked so hard.  I love reading you progress board. ❤

Thank you....That was so sweet.  :smitten:

hi everyone,

May i request some help?

I'd like to try a DMLT. I'm using Ativan. I don't know what is better though... water or using a little bit of vodka... either way i don't know how to figure out the math. I like the idea of removing a ml/day but i don't know what amount to start at or remove to achieve the dose i'm at.. (0.42mg/day of A). And what is an appropriate amount of days to taper this until the end?

I'm having an unsuccessful go at it at the moment because my physical sxs' have ramped up heavily during Feb. I hit a MASSIVE wave. can't seem to break out of it/stabilize.

Please your help is much appreciated xo.

[4f...]

SuperJess - I hate to see people switch methods in the middle of a taper.  They usually do it because their symptoms ramp up, but switching from solid to liquid when you're already hurting might make things worse.

You did a big cut from January to February.  Might be good to hold for a while instead of trying this solid -> liquid switch.

Just my opinion, but I've seen this happen many times before.

I agree with bads, because that's exactly what happened to me. I thought DLMT was the answer. It was not. What I really needed was to recover. Because I pressed on anyway, I ended up needing a very long hold. Tapering after the hold was not nearly as painful as tapering before the hold.

hi everyone,

May i request some help?

I'd like to try a DMLT. I'm using Ativan. I don't know what is better though... water or using a little bit of vodka... either way i don't know how to figure out the math. I like the idea of removing a ml/day but i don't know what amount to start at or remove to achieve the dose i'm at.. (0.42mg/day of A). And what is an appropriate amount of days to taper this until the end?

I'm having an unsuccessful go at it at the moment because my physical sxs' have ramped up heavily during Feb. I hit a MASSIVE wave. can't seem to break out of it/stabilize.

Please your help is much appreciated xo.

Hi-  I agree with the other’s...You should stabilize first before switching to anything else.  As far as liquid, I had mine compounded by a pharmacist, and they helped me with the math.  There are other’s that are that are really good with the math, and there is even a spreadsheet available.  I think it is on the Taper board.  Hopefully someone will jump in and direct you.  Also I don’t think water is a good solution if you are doing it yourself, they recommend alcohol. 

Have you thought about switching to V because of the longer half life? Sorry if you have in it didn’t work, and you have already shared this and I just don’t remember. 

Marie

HI all,

Thanks for the advice. I am already doing a liquid taper...

using the formula 1mg: 2mg Vodka/PG: 8mg water...

i just wanted to do something different... vodka felt like it was starting to bother me so i switched to PG but i don't feel great on it either. I'd love to do a daily taper but not sure what to do... i was also wondering if i am able to use less vodka in my formula... i jsut want to be off this sh** i'm totally not functional and i'm tired of feeling super anxious each and every day with no relief. ulgh.

was thinking of trying the liquid water taper so that i can do daily and have an end in sight. I seemed to be doing ok until end of Feb when sh** hit the fan (not even from a taper either I just got my period and it all came crashing down).

[4f...]
You should be able to do a daily micro-taper with the 10 ml solution that you're currently making.  You'd just reduce the volume by a tiny bit each day (e.g. 0.02 or 0.03 ml).

Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself i plan to micro taper after 2 failed attempts to taper using the ashton manual which is way to fast for me. just awaiting my scales to arrive. My plan is to go low and slow 1mg of 40mg at first and hold until i can lower again.

Any tips would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

[4f...]

MMXV - fwiw - a micro taper usually consists of really small cuts (usually less than 0.5%) with reduction in dosage being made pretty much daily.  Sounds to me like you'll still be doing a cut and hold albeit with a smaller cut (2.5%).

Nothing wrong with a cut and hold.  2.5% per cut is a very reasonable amount.

I'm needing to concoct my own liquid suspension of clonazepam, because I had a very negative reaction to one or more of the ingredients in the pharmacist compounded formula I was trying for my liquid/tablet DMT.

I'm trying to make something simple, WITHOUT ethanol, milk, or other possible gut irritants (PG, PEG, etc). I'm considering VG and maybe combining it with MCT oil, to make a suspension from dissolved tablets.

If anyone has experience with homebrew liquid SUSPENSIONS or just wants to "Chew the Fat" about liquid solutions, please join us here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=253375.0

Thanks in advance for your help!  :smitten:

Just a quick follow-up. My pharmacist made a pure clonazepam powder into pure coconut-derived MCT oil suspension for me at 0.125mg/ml. She's an angel. It keeps for months, it tastes fine, and while it does settle overnight a good shake and it's very stable for at least 10 minutes, maybe more. Plenty of time to draw my one daily dose.

I shared the methodology I've learned about how to make one of these pure oil suspensions in the thread linked in my last post. This kind of pure oil suspension is not something I've heard talked about here; you just need some basic glassware and a mortar and pestle. Plus it helps to have a medicine bottle with a push-in syringe adapter and a 1ml oral syringe with 100 gradations, if you're like me and enjoy taking tiny liquid doses with no muss, no fuss.

Anyways, I'm a happy duck, and DMT just nicely since I got my compounded liquid. No allergic reactions like last time. Just a slow edgy crawl through benzo recovery...

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a cut and hold with lorazepam with smal steps, but after my first cut (0,01mgai, from 0,29mg down to 0,28mg), and I am now in big troubles. I think I won’t have the choice to do a DMT.

Actually, my worst symptom is big black depression. It is new to me as I am not a depressed person.

If I do a symptoms based DMT, do you think I won’t have this symptoms?

What are your experience about it?

I feel a little hopeless to be able to taper this awful drug...

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a cut and hold with lorazepam with smal steps, but after my first cut (0,01mgai, from 0,29mg down to 0,28mg), and I am now in big troubles. I think I won’t have the choice to do a DMT.

Actually, my worst symptom is big black depression. It is new to me as I am not a depressed person.

Thank you!

Hi -

When I was direct tapering the cuts at once were too hard on me.  Since switching to DLMT, it has been much better.

You say, “ I think I won’t have the choice to do a DMT.”  Why is that?

Like I said above the “DLMT” for me has worked so much better, I have hardly any symptoms, and if I do, or when I did, I just held my dose.  I am new to my DLMT, so I am figuring out what is going to work best for me.  I did manage to cut 10% in 15 days and with very little SX.  Before I was cutting 1mg ~ 10% or less at times at the beginning of the 2 weeks and had all kinds of horrible SX.  So the gradual reduction has worked very well for me.

I hope this helps.  Try not to feel hopeless.  There are options too.  :thumbsup:

Marie

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Personally, I think a symptoms-based taper is the only way to go. You're body doesn't care what date is on a calendar or what time a clock has. Just listen to the body, hold and recover when needed (your body will tell you), and move along as fast or slow as needed. I did a liquid taper just about the whole way, and I definitely spent more time holding than I did cutting. My body was so mega-sensitive to even the smallest cut. I just had to inch my way along. You'll get there!!

Personally, I think a symptoms-based taper is the only way to go. You're body doesn't care what date is on a calendar or what time a clock has. Just listen to the body, hold and recover when needed (your body will tell you), and move along as fast or slow as needed. I did a liquid taper just about the whole way, and I definitely spent more time holding than I did cutting. My body was so mega-sensitive to even the smallest cut. I just had to inch my way along. You'll get there!!

I appreciate this perspective, and your years of experience Ultra2007!

I'm doing my first steady DMT (last one crashed because of an inflammatory response to the suspending agent), and I'm at day 7 reducing 0.7%/day (7%/10-days, based on past experience with cut-and-holds) and yesterday a whole bunch of stressful things happened and I got hit with a wave of WD that had me seriously rethinking my taper rate.

As a result of the various emotional events, my face is inflamed, I've had paranoia, severe anxiety, waves of severe depression, loss of appetite. Nothing lasting forever, but it's not going to be sustainable.

So I was going to try holding and cutting every other day until I feel more stable. Is that reasonable? I find that when I just hold steady I get really emotionally detached (possibly because my overall dose is just way too high for me), and the return to cutting is rather rough (like now!). I held recently for about a week, and I became an emotional zombie.

I have the hope that this DMT will get me accustomed to a continued reduction pressure and symptoms will reduce or be more manageable with experience; is that a fantasy? Should I be holding steady every time my symptoms flare?

I'm guessing it's sort of a gas and brakes kind of thing; where a skilled driver switches back and forth with sensitivity and maybe even a little foresight.

I am doing a vodka-based liquid micro-taper. I have found it to be the simplest and easiest for me, and things are going well with minimal symptoms. I am resisting the urge to speed up the tapering, and hope to stick to the schedule.

I did consider dry tapering, but messing around with pills, cutting the pills, blades, shaving the pills, collecting powder, and weighing the pill/powder on gram scales was just too much for me. I was always worried about dropping something and never being able to find it.

So I am new to my DLMT and I was doing pretty well and holding at times and feeling well enough, so I did the last 1.93ml.,1.92ml,1.91,1.90ml after holding at 1.94 for about 4 days (that was a .5mg drop) and that 1.90 was on 3/28.  I held at 1.90 until 3/29, and then did 1.89 starting 3/30. (Holding) Well yesterday, I started to feel SX and today I am not feeling well, increased SX (not horrible, but still SX ).  I should say the first .5 mg I did start to feel right away as I was going down daily, so I held, a few days and then continued, and felt fine.  This one I didn’t feel anything going down after the 1.93, so I just kept going.

So that .5mg going into it, I was feeling great, and now it’ obvious I have to hold much more during the process.  I am journaling all of this, so I can figure out a system....does anyone have a good formula that seems to work well?  Like hold for 3 or 4 days and then proceed? Something like that??? 

Marie