Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thanks SS for the encouragement!

CircleStar- I am actually not really feeling that great.  I am starting to think I would be better off just jumping now, as every little cut seems to bother me.  I'm so irritable and just miss even the stability I felt when I was holding. 

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SS for the encouragement!

CircleStar- I am actually not really feeling that great.  I am starting to think I would be better off just jumping now, as every little cut seems to bother me.  I'm so irritable and just miss even the stability I felt when I was holding.

Hi Green,

I know what you mean about the comfort of holding. I just held for a month and am starting up again tomorrow with reduction.

Every time I do this I try to go into it with a positive mindset. I think this makes a difference going into it.

Peace

Hi All!!

I am doing a daily micro taper dissolving my Klonopin in vodka 1mg:2ml and adding water. I have little vials that I store in the dark at room temperature. So far I've been making up just two weeks at a time, (I don't know where I got the two  weeks from) but i would love to make up a month supply.  Is there any information out there as to how long this solution will last? Thank you!

Juelli

I am looking for someone to please give me a shedule to follow to liquid taper

I cant do the math myself as I am too nervouse to fiqure out anything right now.

My dose is 0.5 mg of ativan at bedtime and 0.25 in morning .

could someone tell me if i can just put 10 0z of peach babyfood and 10 oz of water in with my crused 0.5 ativan then take out 1ml and throw it away or is that too much .

then do the same with the morning pill ?

is that how you do it

I cant do the math myself as I am too nervouse to fiqure out anything right now.

could someone tell me if i can just put 10 0z of peach babyfood and 10 oz of water in with my crused 0.5 ativan then take out 1ml and throw it away or is that too much .

is that how you do it

I've heard of the baby food method, but it sounds very risky to me. If you want to make a suspension (where the little particles float in the liquid) you can use OraPlus. You can buy it on amazon and it is much more reliable than baby food.

Even simpler and much cheaper, you can make a make a solution (that dissolves your benzo) with a small amount of 80 proof vodka that is then diluted with water. I'm sorry, I don't know all the correct numbers (how much vodka, how much to reduce by). I'm sure someone will come along who can help people with the numbers and the math.

Gardie

Hi All!!

I am doing a daily micro taper dissolving my Klonopin in vodka 1mg:2ml and adding water. I have little vials that I store in the dark at room temperature. So far I've been making up just two weeks at a time, (I don't know where I got the two  weeks from) but i would love to make up a month supply.  Is there any information out there as to how long this solution will last? Thank you!

Juelli

Your solution is made with 3 non-perishable components, water, alcohol, and Klonopin.  It will NOT spoil or degrade, and the K will remain fully potent for many months.  But...unless your kitchen and utensils are  lab-grade sanitary, your liquid can be subject to contamination and/or bacterial growth.  My recommendation is always a 10-14 day supply.

is that how you do it

Hi tech21-

The baby food idea may work for some but probably would not be very accurate & may cause the same degree of symptoms you are currently experiencing now while dry cutting. Here is a detailed plan for you to try. If you need more help just ask & someone will help you get started :thumbsup:

click on image to enlarge

3GtbW80.png

Hi All!!

Juelli

Your solution is made with 3 non-perishable components, water, alcohol, and Klonopin.  It will NOT spoil or degrade, and the K will remain fully potent for many months.  But...unless your kitchen and utensils are  lab-grade sanitary, your liquid can be subject to contamination and/or bacterial growth.  My recommendation is always a 10-14 day supply.

Thank you, Builder! Hope you are well!

That is exactly what I wanted to know and makes sense.

I also thought another reason for me to NOT make up more than a 10-14 day batch is in case I accidentally make my batch too strong, as I think I may have done for my last batch. :tickedoff:

Over the last two weeks my symptoms have been very mild. I hope this can be attributed to the fact that I have been working hard to reduce my stress, have been keeping busy, have been meditating and doing yoga regularly.  But a part of me wonders if maybe I added and extra pill to my solution! I know this is water over the bridge but I iyo, how much damage may I have done?

I appreciate your help more than you could ever know!! :smitten:

Juelli

is that how you do it

Hi tech21-

The baby food idea may work for some but probably would not be very accurate & may cause the same degree of symptoms you are currently experiencing now while dry cutting. Here is a detailed plan for you to try. If you need more help just ask & someone will help you get started :thumbsup:

click on image to enlarge

3GtbW80.png

Love your graphic!!!

Hey GARD!

As always BUILDER - you are a tremendous help to many and greatly appreciated.  You two have been instrumental in guiding, comforting, explaining and patiently helping hundreds + survive this journey towards healing.  THANK YOU

If anyone hears from SG, please thank him for helping so many over the years! I was one of those lost and frightened newbies that he literally saved by walking me through this thing we call the benzo 'adventure'.  :smitten:

is that how you do it

Hi tech21-

Love your graphic!!!

Thanks Gard99!  :smitten:

Hey GARD!

As always BUILDER - you are a tremendous help to many and greatly appreciated.  You two have been instrumental in guiding, comforting, explaining and patiently helping hundreds + survive this journey towards healing.  THANK YOU

If anyone hears from SG, please thank him for helping so many over the years! I was one of those lost and frightened newbies that he literally saved by walking me through this thing we call the benzo 'adventure'.  :smitten:

Hi Kasey! Thank you for the kind words. Same back to you. You've been an encouragement to me and others. :smitten:

I think Jeff may be in contact with SG. Hope he pops in to say hi.

It's good to see how low you are getting. You've got this!

Gard :smitten:

Oh, 14 days is all the alcohol solution is supposed to last?  I have been using mine for longer than that I think...I guess I'll make up a new batch tonight. 

Also, to update on my microtaper, it is going pretty smoothly now.  I had a nasty cold with a fever last week and I felt pretty awful, but as I am beginning to feel better, I am not really noticing much with withdrawal right now.  Last night I took .027mg, so that is a pretty small amount.  I'm almost done now.  .025mg of k, is equivalent to half a mg of valium.  I'm almost DONE!!!

Oh, 14 days is all the alcohol solution is supposed to last?  I have been using mine for longer than that I think...I guess I'll make up a new batch tonight. 

Also, to update on my microtaper, it is going pretty smoothly now.  I had a nasty cold with a fever last week and I felt pretty awful, but as I am beginning to feel better, I am not really noticing much with withdrawal right now.  Last night I took .027mg, so that is a pretty small amount.  I'm almost done now.  .025mg of k, is equivalent to half a mg of valium.  I'm almost DONE!!!

That is such exciting news GC, so happy for you :smitten: :smitten: Mary

:clap::yippee: :yippee: :clap:

So well done GC!

SS

Hey GARD!

Hi Kasey!

I talk to SG fairly often, and I know he'll appreciate your kind words. He's still helping me with specifics a couple of times each month, or so. Awesome dude!

Keep hangin' on!!!

Jeff

For clarification, the liquid benzo solution(s) are made with 3 non-perishable ingredients.  It willl not degrade, there will be no loss of potency, no change in efficacy, even if stored for months, or even years.  The Rx benzo liquids are made with the same 3 ingredients that are used for the DIY homebrew, and the Rx liquid diazepam has a 3 year mfgr's shelf life (and I can affirm it will last longer than that.  ::) )

But, your DIY solution is not prepared under lab conditions, with lab grade utensils, that would be lab-sanitized,  etc, so it CAN be subject to contamination from bacterial or biological contamination.  But even that will just make it a little icky and unpalatable... it would still be usable and effective.  So you could "safely" keep a batch for several months.

But I KNOW, from personal experience, that you will probably never have any issues making a 14 day batch.

Keep up the good work GreenCup. I am sorry you hada cold - it’s awful to be sick during withdraw.

Hello Micro Taper people. I am taking 10mg of Valium a day and have been on it for about 6 months. Before that I was on 2mg of Ativan for a year but was advised to switch to Valium for a smoother taper when I decided I wanted to taper off benzos. My 10 mg of Valium is not helping me all that much because I have reached my tolerance on the drug so I am planning to begin tapering. My shrink has agreed to proscribe liquid Valium to me for that purpose. I have communicated with several people in this group including Builder and they have been most helpful. My question now is how much to taper and how often? I have been contemplating a 5% reduction per month based on the previous month's intake but my psychiatrist suggests that I take 5mg of liquid Valium and 1 5mg tablet to start. He suggests I remove 5mg of liquid each day and consume it then replace it in the bottle with 5mg of water. This dilutes the liquid Valium and makes the following day's dose just a tad weaker. The math is beyond me as to how that would work. In how many days would the Valium in the bottle be almost zero? I want to go real slow. At any rate I could then start with another bottle of liquid and do the same thing for the next 5mg of Valium. I think the liquid Valium comes in 125ml and 250ml bottles and 1 ml equals 1mg of Valium. Anyway you can understand why I am confused. Can anyone follow this and make sense out of it for me?

I am seeing my shrink on Monday to discuss this. It makes me anxious just thinking about tapering off of the drug but I really see no future in it. I must learn to cope in other ways which I am always working on. Any feedback would really be appreciated.

Hello Micro Taper people. I am taking 10mg of Valium a day and have been on it for about 6 months. Before that I was on 2mg of Ativan for a year but was advised to switch to Valium for a smoother taper when I decided I wanted to taper off benzos. My 10 mg of Valium is not helping me all that much because I have reached my tolerance on the drug so I am planning to begin tapering. My shrink has agreed to proscribe liquid Valium to me for that purpose. I have communicated with several people in this group including Builder and they have been most helpful. My question now is how much to taper and how often? I have been contemplating a 5% reduction per month based on the previous month's intake but my psychiatrist suggests that I take 5mg of liquid Valium and 1 5mg tablet to start. He suggests I remove 5mg of liquid each day and consume it then replace it in the bottle with 5mg of water. This dilutes the liquid Valium and makes the following day's dose just a tad weaker. The math is beyond me as to how that would work. In how many days would the Valium in the bottle be almost zero? I want to go real slow. At any rate I could then start with another bottle of liquid and do the same thing for the next 5mg of Valium. I think the liquid Valium comes in 125ml and 250ml bottles and 1 ml equals 1mg of Valium. Anyway you can understand why I am confused. Can anyone follow this and make sense out of it for me?

I am seeing my shrink on Monday to discuss this. It makes me anxious just thinking about tapering off of the drug but I really see no future in it. I must learn to cope in other ways which I am always working on. Any feedback would really be appreciated.

I will try to help you with math but first a question. If you were off on 10 mg then why is he only suggesting you take 6.5 mg to start?  I get 6.5 mg because you said he’s having you take 5 mg liquid plus a 1.5 mg tablet. What am I missing?

Hello Bob 7 Thanks for your reply. I am sorry my description meant to say I would take one 5mg tablet and then do the other 5 mg with the liquid taper. I can see where that would throw you off big time. I would then move after tapering the first 5mg to tapering the second 5mg via liquid Valium. Thank you for helping with the math. My brain just is not capable of dealing with it right now.

Hello Bob 7 Thanks for your reply. I am sorry my description meant to say I would take one 5mg tablet and then do the other 5 mg with the liquid taper. I can see where that would throw you off big time. I would then move after tapering the first 5mg to tapering the second 5mg via liquid Valium. Thank you for helping with the math. My brain just is not capable of dealing with it right now.

I work some numbers later this evening -  I think I have an idea how to present the math in a table form which will make it more visual for you.