Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Scaredie,

Jaw clenching is common when in tolerance.  In withdrawal.  And post acute.  I have it every day.  Some things we just have to accept and deal with, you know?  I think it’s a good idea for you to pick the generic you feel is best overall and stick with it.  All the bouncing around and adding, subtracting different variables will just make everything more confusing and you may not know what is causing what.  Hoping the lexapro works for you, good luck. 

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I’m holding trying to do generic crossover, can’t decide which generic, having bad jaw pain teeth clenching & depression on both. Got so depressed started generic lexapro last night. I’m almost positive now that the clonazapam is causing me undue sedation, leading to excessive coffee, bad, poor know vicious cycle I know, I think I can tell one of these generics is causing more intrusive thoughts & teeth clenching & maybe less day time sedation, & one is more sedating & May causecless intrusive thoughts than the other, but not positive & if that’s the case with the later one, then, it would be an updose from teva, how could it then be causing teeth clenching, jaw pain, depression while updosng?

How do I hold when I can hardly function from fatigue?

I’m having a hard time articulating myself.

Do I choose the one that may be more of a down dose from teva?

Therefore maybe less daytime sedation, but more withdrawal. I think, it’s been hard to tell what each is doing.

Do I choose the one that may be an updose from teva knocking me on my but during the day but maybe less withdrawal?

How late mag do I hold?

It’s like I need off it ASAP, but get withdrawal & or am already in withdrawal.?. What does one do about this?

I’m sorry going in circles

Thanks

Hi Scardie,

you got some good advice from lots of folks, so what I have to add is that coffee will definitely affect my jaw tension! 

I have to be very careful with caffeine -- maybe you do too?

Hope it all works out.

SS

Thanks Uni & SS,

So even when you hold you have the teeth clenching?

Best wishes

I do until my sxs settle down through a longer hold.  It takes a awhile for sxs to calm down for me while holding -- six weeks or more last time.

Patience is not my strong suit, but  boy is it growing!!

Hey Gard and friends,

Wanted to stop by and encourage each of you. Please know that you are doing a grand job and making progress in the midst of great benzo trials. As we all know this leads most of us down the path of questioning much, even the tiniest of things can cause us to spiral into confusion, anxiety, frustration and more. 

Please hear me when I say, you can do this, you are ones who persevere.  You stay the course when you want to fly the white flag of surrender. You stay the course inspite of difficulty, you are courageous and victorious.

WE will taste the victory and move past the finish line of this marathon, stronger people than we were before the race.

Just wanted to say you are not alone, you have many who are lifting you up when you can not.

I am having a little pitty party right now, as I am so close to zero and so far away. This is what I needed to tell myself and thought perhaps others might need it too. Lets push past those benzo lies.............:smitten:

tumblr_inline_mmgff1LVQN1qk3qq2.jpg

Hi Kasey! It's good to see you and thank you so much for the encouragement. I'm glad to see how low your dose is. I know you will make it!

Gard :smitten:

Hey Gard and friends,

Wanted to stop by and encourage each of you. Please know that you are doing a grand job and making progress in the midst of great benzo trials. As we all know this leads most of us down the path of questioning much, even the tiniest of things can cause us to spiral into confusion, anxiety, frustration and more. 

Please hear me when I say, you can do this, you are ones who persevere.  You stay the course when you want to fly the white flag of surrender. You stay the course inspite of difficulty, you are courageous and victorious.

WE will taste the victory and move past the finish line of this marathon, stronger people than we were before the race.

Just wanted to say you are not alone, you have many who are lifting you up when you can not.

I am having a little pitty party right now, as I am so close to zero and so far away. This is what I needed to tell myself and thought perhaps others might need it too. Lets push past those benzo lies.............:smitten:

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻💕🙏🏻💕

Hey Gard and friends,

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻💕🙏🏻💕

Hey Gard and friends,

I love the pic at the bottom, that is definitely us, not to mention the words I did need to hear :D

Hey Gard and friends,

Thank you kasey!

This is exactly what I needed to see today.

Love. It!! :)

Thanks for your experience with the clenching ss, very helpful!

Kasey, that’s great what you posted, thanks.

Best wishes to all, SC

Hey Gard and friends,

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you for posting this, Kasey.  Soooo what I needed to hear today.  :hug:  So thoughtful that you shared your positive self-talk with all of us.  ❤️

I have a question.

I have been reducing at 0.001 mg per day of Klonopin for over 100 days in a row.

Most of the time the withdrawal has been tolerable.

I am able 12 days away from being done (I am at 0.012 mg dose).

My withdrawal is getting more difficult.

Is this typical near the end of a micro-taper?  Does it continue to get worse as I approach zero?

Bob,

Congratulations on being so close to the finish line of being OFF Klonopin!  I've read that some have had this happen and did holds before continuing.  Others have continued even though the sxs increased.  What are you noticing symptom-wise?

Love,

Uni

Bob,

Congratulations on being so close to the finish line of being OFF Klonopin!  I've read that some have had this happen and did holds before continuing.  Others have continued even though the sxs increased.  What are you noticing symptom-wise?

Love,

Uni

Hi Uni,

My sleep is getting progressively worse.  Since I still have job, it is a real bummer to have poor sleep. 

My anxiety is also trying to get worse but I have that in check using L'Theanine or just drinking decaffeinated green tea.

The burping is worse but I can handle that.

It is the insomnia which is problematic.  Going into the office tired is so hard on me.

I'm sorry Bob, I now it was a lot smoother before this.  Have you considered just holding for now, since you need to remain functional and you're already so close to the end.  It certainly wouldn't do any harm, right?  Some of my pals walked off by holding toward the end of their taper.  Sleep is so important, I know!  Please keep us updated with what you decide to do and how you're feeling.  Very happy for you being so close to the end.

Bob,

Love,

Uni

Hi Uni,

My sleep is getting progressively worse.  Since I still have job, it is a real bummer to have poor sleep. 

My anxiety is also trying to get worse but I have that in check using L'Theanine or just drinking decaffeinated green tea.

The burping is worse but I can handle that.

It is the insomnia which is problematic.  Going into the office tired is so hard on me.

Bob,

We all know I know nothing. Just what I’ve heard by others. Possibly holding & or magnesium glycinate. I really hope you can get your sleep & finish your taper in a timely enough fashion for you. Hope someone with experience can help,you out better. Take care

Bob, I'm with Uni on this. Some people do get worse as they go lower. Others get better. Nobody really knows until they get there which it will be. You might try a short hold to see if that improves things. It seems unlikely that holding would make things worse so it's worth a try. It also might make for a softer landing after you jump.

Gard :)

Bob, I'm with Uni on this. Some people do get worse as they go lower. Others get better. Nobody really knows until they get there which it will be. You might try a short hold to see if that improves things. It seems unlikely that holding would make things worse so it's worth a try. It also might make for a softer landing after you jump.

Gard :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I agree Bob, take your time now, feeling better now and possibly when you walk off is worth a little time :)

Wow Bob.. The girls have got your back..!! Lol

I reflect their thoughts too, and yes sleep got a little worse at the end for me too.. But more the fatigue.. I bounced back quick though...

All the best as you step off med...

:)

Well, my current cut and hold isn't too bad... probably the easiest so far... of course just off a 5 week hold and the smallest cut/hold so far. 5.8% 0.034mg only. Not much anxiety. Maybe a daily micro taper would have been ok this time... no way of knowing of course. I think I had just gone too quickly for a while so when I tried the micro taper in June I was in need of a hold instead.

I reflect their thoughts too, and yes sleep got a little worse at the end for me too.. But more the fatigue.. I bounced back quick though...

Indeed - the ladies really have come through for me with support.  It feels wonderful to have such care.

I have good news too.

One of them recommended magnesium glycinate for the sleep which I was already taking but since they mentioned it, I increase the amount last night and IT REALLY HELPED.  I took 200 mg instead of my normal 100 mg and I slept so much better. 

I think 200 mg of magnesium glycinate is still only 50% of the RDA so it seems safe.  I look forward to trying it again tonight.

Thank you all for you help!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bob,

Sorry it's gotten harder... I've had insomnia since before my taper... that's what the increased klonopin was taken to help with but didn't... it's still one of my hardest symptoms... I'm not ready to try any more meds for it after the klonopin disaster and I tried several before that with no improvement.

I know it must be hard to think of holding so close but I agree it probably can't hurt and may help.

Good luck! Jealous you're so low!!!

Indeed - the ladies really have come through for me with support.  It feels wonderful to have such care.

I have good news too.

One of them recommended magnesium glycinate for the sleep which I was already taking but since they mentioned it, I increase the amount last night and IT REALLY HELPED.  I took 200 mg instead of my normal 100 mg and I slept so much better. 

I think 200 mg of magnesium glycinate is still only 50% of the RDA so it seems safe.  I look forward to trying it again tonight.

Thank you all for you help!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Awesome! :thumbsup: So good to hear. yes I do believe that’s considered in the safe zone. My bottle says 200mg elemental take 2 times per day. Best wishes :)

Well, my current cut and hold isn't too bad... probably the easiest so far... of course just off a 5 week hold and the smallest cut/hold so far. 5.8% 0.034mg only. Not much anxiety. Maybe a daily micro taper would have been ok this time... no way of knowing of course. I think I had just gone too quickly for a while so when I tried the micro taper in June I was in need of a hold instead.

This is exactly what happened to me, but it was before long holds were being talked about, so I just kept slogging along until I crashed. My primary doctor was actually the person who told me I needed to hold. I didn't want to, but obviously I really, really needed it.