Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Wow Bob.. The girls have got your back..!! Lol

I reflect their thoughts too, and yes sleep got a little worse at the end for me too.. But more the fatigue.. I bounced back quick though...

All the best as you step off med...

:)

Indeed - the ladies really have come through for me with support.  It feels wonderful to have such care.

I have good news too.

One of them recommended magnesium glycinate for the sleep which I was already taking but since they mentioned it, I increase the amount last night and IT REALLY HELPED.  I took 200 mg instead of my normal 100 mg and I slept so much better. 

I think 200 mg of magnesium glycinate is still only 50% of the RDA so it seems safe.  I look forward to trying it again tonight.

Thank you all for you help!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

That's great news!  :thumbsup:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Gard- you're doing great! Seems like we are doing about the same pace these days. Hope you're feeling mostly well. What brand generic do you use?

Hey Gard!! Builder too, if you're still around here. It's been forever since I've been on here. I don't even know any of these people! I had to get another job to try to bring some other dollars into our house so that has taken me out of life and the forum. The job has killed me, Miss Gard!! I don't know how you ever did it. As usual, I always have the intense moning adrenaline blasts AND I have to get up each day at 6am and be "functional" by 8. I've faked it pretty well at work so far, but it has definitely nailed me. Sx went through the roof as a result of the blast in stress...no sleep (I hear ya, Bob), arms and legs became numb and weak, little feeling in hands and feet, killer anxiety and dep., not much sun exposure, more severe back pain in the area where I've had  my surgeries, unable to exercise due to fatigue and exhaustion, peeing like crazy, really sore...uh, the area "down there", yada, yada, yada...you know the drill. I've been in touch with SG fairly often, so that's helped, but what a ride!!! Looks like this has become a ladies thread. I'm love that. Keep the fun coming, ladies!

When you get a chance, tell me how things are going for ya, Gard. Miss ya, and hugs galore :)

Jeff

Hey Gard!! Builder too, if you're still around here. It's been forever since I've been on here. I don't even know any of these people! I had to get another job to try to bring some other dollars into our house so that has taken me out of life and the forum. The job has killed me, Miss Gard!! I don't know how you ever did it. As usual, I always have the intense moning adrenaline blasts AND I have to get up each day at 6am and be "functional" by 8. I've faked it pretty well at work so far, but it has definitely nailed me. Sx went through the roof as a result of the blast in stress...no sleep (I hear ya, Bob), arms and legs became numb and weak, little feeling in hands and feet, killer anxiety and dep., not much sun exposure, more severe back pain in the area where I've had  my surgeries, unable to exercise due to fatigue and exhaustion, peeing like crazy, really sore...uh, the area "down there", yada, yada, yada...you know the drill. I've been in touch with SG fairly often, so that's helped, but what a ride!!! Looks like this has become a ladies thread. I'm love that. Keep the fun coming, ladies!

When you get a chance, tell me how things are going for ya, Gard. Miss ya, and hugs galore :)

Jeff

Hey ultra,

Hope you found gard. Sorry to hear how hard it’s been on you. Sounds like you’ve troupered through it. I don’t know your story, just curious, if you don’t mind since I’m on high k dose & stuck in hold, generic crossover, trying lexapro because the depression became too much to bear(I’ve had it a long time before benzos & have tried & failed or couldn’t tolerate all antidepressants over past 10 years except lexapro so am trying again, but feeling so much worse on it right now 2 weeks in, also never tried generic before) If you care to share, what dose of k are you on now? Are you dmt? Glad your able to make it through work. You sound like a taper rockstar to me. Best wishes, SC

Jeff

Hi, Jeff! :smitten:

How I do my job is part time from home! Just a side thing. I'm not the bread winner. Thank heavens! I'm really sorry your new job has been so stressful. Wow, up by 6AM! I sure hope you figure out a way to get through this. It sounds so hard!

How is SG? I think of him a lot. I'm glad you're able to keep in touch.

I'm doing OK. Summers are always easier for me, so I've been enjoying that. Work is slower. Days are sunny. For some reason, neurological problems are less likely to flare up in the summer, so I've been enjoying that!

I've missed you, too, Jeff, and all the old gang. Say hi to SG from me! Hugs back at ya!

Gard :smitten:

Hi all,

I’m really scared  :(  I’ve been holding 10 days and feeling progressively worse, with mainly mental symptoms.  Has anyone had this happen before?  I thought by now there would at least be some relief...  Just need something to get better. 

Hi all,

I’m really scared  :(  I’ve been holding 10 days and feeling progressively worse, with mainly mental symptoms.  Has anyone had this happen before?  I thought by now there would at least be some relief...  Just need something to get better.

It will get better.

I can remember once when I reduced my Klonopin by .03 mg I was then sick for six weeks -  chest pains, back pains, heart palpitations.  That was the incident that made try Buspar for the first time. I was then better in about a week. Don’t know if it was the Buspar or the extra time.

But I’m sure you will get better-try not to focus on it because anxiety makes it worse.

Perhaps try the decaffeinated green tea?

Hi all,

It will get better.

I can remember once when I reduced my Klonopin by .03 mg I was then sick for six weeks -  chest pains, back pains, heart palpitations.  That was the incident that made try Buspar for the first time. I was then better in about a week. Don’t know if it was the Buspar or the extra time.

But I’m sure you will get better-try not to focus on it because anxiety makes it worse.

Thank you, Bob.  I really appreciate your response and thank you for sharing.  I guess it can take more time..  so I’ll keep holding and hope for the best.  I try not to focus on it, but one of the current symptoms is obsessive negative thought loops.  Ohhhh how I’m trying. 

I hope your final days on K are being kind to you. 

Hi all,

Sorry for being obtuse, but are you on the Long Hold thread? I remember Valley saying it took him months before he felt better. It was the same for me. Now that I'm more stable, I can do shorter holds. But if I had to, I would do a long one again, for sure.

Gardie :) (Trying out a new nickname gifted to me by Cant who thought I needed something more girlie.)

Hi all,

It will get better.

Thank you, Bob.  I really appreciate your response and thank you for sharing.  I guess it can take more time..  so I’ll keep holding and hope for the best.  I try not to focus on it, but one of the current symptoms is obsessive negative thought loops.  Ohhhh how I’m trying. 

Uni, I'm not doing well either and am wracking my brain trying to figure out why and what I should do.  But as awful as it is, nothing is the answer.  Holding takes everything in me and I know it does you too...so we are going to hate holding together ❤️ and Bob, I am going to look up Buspar, I have a low heart rate so there are few thing I can take, so wish me luck.  You are a great buddy to have on bb.  We all appreciate you :)

Hi to all, I am finding myself in the same place with holding.  No relief and getting worse. I started tapering 5% weekly two weeks ago. I would like to try microtapering.  I have a compounded liquid. Is it hard to do with a syringe? I find they are difficult to read.  Depression is unbearable. I have to get off this stuff. Love to all, Esperanza

Hi all,

Well, there a lot of folks here that will disagree, but IMO, if you have held for 10 days and not gotten better, you need to updose back to the last dose you felt OK at.

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry you're not doing well :hug:  Like you, I've been wracking my brain about what could be the cause.  I've narrowed it down to three things, but no way of knowing which it is or if it's a combo.  Seems like holding for now is the best idea for us.  Even if we detest it.  It sure does take everything in us.  How long have you been holding so far?

Hi to all, I am finding myself in the same place with holding.  No relief and getting worse. I started tapering 5% weekly two weeks ago. I would like to try microtapering.  I have a compounded liquid. Is it hard to do with a syringe? I find they are difficult to read.  Depression is unbearable. I have to get off this stuff. Love to all, Esperanza

I'm sorry esperanza, hold with me and Uni ❤️

Hi all,

Well, there a lot of folks here that will disagree, but IMO, if you have held for 10 days and not gotten better, you need to updose back to the last dose you felt OK at.

Thanks for your feedback, builder.  So, 10 days should be a significant enough amount of time to feel improvements?

I've kept a journal so I can look back at the dose I felt ok at, but just hate to go backwards.  Once one updoses to where they felt ok at, then:

1.  How long should that dose be held?

2.  Start the taper back down again and hope for better results?

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback, builder.  So, 10 days should be a significant enough amount of time to feel improvements?

I've kept a journal so I can look back at the dose I felt ok at, but just hate to go backwards.  Once one updoses to where they felt ok at, then:

Uni, if builder pm's you, will you let me know what he says, I'm in same place you are :)

But, your NOT really going backwards.  If you are non-functional and unable to taper further, you haven't "arrived" yet.

If you updose, normalize, then you can begin tapering again.  As long as you hold (and suffer) you ae NOT making any progress.

Jeff

Hey ultra,

Hope you found gard. Sorry to hear how hard it’s been on you. Sounds like you’ve troupered through it. I don’t know your story, just curious, if you don’t mind since I’m on high k dose & stuck in hold, generic crossover, trying lexapro because the depression became too much to bear(I’ve had it a long time before benzos & have tried & failed or couldn’t tolerate all antidepressants over past 10 years except lexapro so am trying again, but feeling so much worse on it right now 2 weeks in, also never tried generic before) If you care to share, what dose of k are you on now? Are you dmt? Glad your able to make it through work. You sound like a taper rockstar to me. Best wishes, SC

Hey SC!

I'm hardly a taper rockstar. It seems like a new sx pops up every day! They've popped up like crazy since a few days after starting this job. Not a good idea to start that, but we're in a financial mess. My dose right now is .305mg/day which is a loooong way to go when I'm cutting about once every 17 million years! Yes, I'm doing dmt but it's definitely not daily. My body is so over-sensitized from the years of meds, and I can barely do any cutting. I'm just too over-stimulated with everything and it's truly a nightmare, but on we go. "Sore testicle" is now on the list :) I've read quite a bit about that for some guys, but it's weird. TMI, but that's the newest sx. And, I understand your part about AD's not working for you. Nothing helped me in that area as far as meds go. In fact, I think it made things worse. Some people swear by them, but not me.

We'll stay in touch. Your finish line is out there somewhere!!

Jeff

Jeff

Hi, Jeff! :smitten:

How I do my job is part time from home! Just a side thing. I'm not the bread winner. Thank heavens! I'm really sorry your new job has been so stressful. Wow, up by 6AM! I sure hope you figure out a way to get through this. It sounds so hard!

How is SG? I think of him a lot. I'm glad you're able to keep in touch.

I'm doing OK. Summers are always easier for me, so I've been enjoying that. Work is slower. Days are sunny. For some reason, neurological problems are less likely to flare up in the summer, so I've been enjoying that!

I've missed you, too, Jeff, and all the old gang. Say hi to SG from me! Hugs back at ya!

Gard :smitten:

Hey sweet lady!!

Yep, SG is hanging in there and getting better, but ever so slowly. It's an amazing story, isn't it? And congrats on working from home. I know that's ideal for most. I did check out a few opportunities, but military jet noise is really loud here, and the place we live in is super tiny...no room for an office of any kind, a really loud dog of ours, etc. Anyway, it's great to connect with ya. Keep on bein' YOU!!!

Hugs,

Jeff

Hi all,

It will get better.

I'm right there with you...thought loops! Amazing how that keeps going. Bob's right, though. Gotta distract the best you can and give things time to settle down. It sounds like you've been through a ton, so it'll take a while to heal, but it will. Focus on something good for a minute and then try two minutes :)

Jeff

But, your NOT really going backwards.  If you are non-functional and unable to taper further, you haven't "arrived" yet.

If you updose, normalize, then you can begin tapering again.  As long as you hold (and suffer) you ae NOT making any progress.

That makes sense, but when we normalize, do we titrate a lower amount since apparently the amount we were titrating caused the problem, or take more and longer holds?

I was never able to normalize after CT.  I got as stable as possible doing a reinstatement and then updose and hold.  I've been pretty non-functional for the duration, since February.  Have had some partial windows while tapering. 

It did get a lot more turbulent when tapering from 1mg.  So I guess that would be the dosage to go back to, if doing an updose...

I'm so confused.

Hi all,

It will get better.

I'm right there with you...thought loops! Amazing how that keeps going. Bob's right, though. Gotta distract the best you can and give things time to settle down. It sounds like you've been through a ton, so it'll take a while to heal, but it will. Focus on something good for a minute and then try two minutes :)

Jeff

Hi Jeff :hug:  Sorry you are having the thought loops, too.  I'll keep doing that, focusing on something, anything for a minute and build it up from there.  Thank you for the encouragement and support.  You've been through it, too!  Hope things are going well for you.