Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

hi Uni and others, help!

I'm really trying to decide what to do. Started microtaper June 4th after last cut of 0.06mg/3 week hold (8.76%)

Really hoped microtapering would be much easier.

2 days of 0.003mg/day and then decided better to start slower so 0.002mg/day for 12 days with 1 day hold in middle.

Anxiety set in on day 11 of the microtaper and so I held days 15,16 and then dropped to 0.001mg/day for the next 8 days.

Held last night.

No anxiety on days 17,19,21,24. Not bad today (day 26) but slightly funky head feeling which I've also had a few other days. Just had the anxiety and funky head feeling since microtapering. Luckily all good by nighttime so I can fall asleep.

The microtaper has gotten rid of my headache and stomachache which were my physical withdrawal symtpoms. That's nice.

I wonder if 0.002mg every other day would be better than 0.001mg every day... or should I go back to cut/hold

and just live with that.... maybe drop with much smaller cut, say 2.8%... I already have my next smaller compounded

capsule and I could do two 2 week cut/hold/drops of that amount the next month.

I'm going to hold tonight. Problem is there are lots of options and who knows what will work the best. The last 8.76% drop was very hard.

I'm microtapering with compounded Teva capsule and some 1mg/100ml homemade Teva liquid. Liquid started at 4.1ml and down to 0.8 ml now. As I wasn't doing all liquid I didn't do a hold after I started using it.

I know some folk can't drop every day.  My husband doesn't see how an every other day drop can help much.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi nolonger,

I’m sorry you’ve been struggling to get stable and you’re feeling the anxiety!  Great news that today it’s not as bad and you’ve had 4 other days without it altogether.  Ok so from reading what you’ve shared...  I notice there’s been a lot of changes in a short amount of time.  That right there can do any of us in.  Since the microtaper got rid of your headache and stomachache, this is a great sign!  Holding right now sounds like a good idea.  Have you considered after holding just trying .001 daily  reductions for a while  just to see if that’s tolerable?

I tried varying dose reductions at first to follow a chart and couldn’t tolerate the fluctuation; found consistency more suitable for me.  What I did was stick to .001 daily reduction and started feeling better than I had since before CT, so that’s when I sped up to .002.  Tolerated that really well, too.  It wasn’t until I got to .003 that it tripped me up (after 8 or 9 days).  And oddly I’m feeling a lot better today than the past two days.  So random!   

I’m not a fan of cut and hold simply because I can’t tolerate it. 

If you tried .001/day you’d be decreasing by 3% a month.  If you can tolerate every other day reductions, it would be the same monthly percentage at .002 every other day.  I just really feel that whatever you choose, consistency (with holds as necessary) is so much smoother.  I’m thinking maybe because you started at .003 that’s why this anxiety is happening. 

Once your sxs  settle down you could give it a try and see if it makes a difference.  Then if you get comfortable enough on the .001 you could test the waters with .002 if you wish.

What do you think? 

hi Uni and others, help!

I'm really trying to decide what to do. Started microtaper June 4th after last cut of 0.06mg/3 week hold (8.76%)

Really hoped microtapering would be much easier.

2 days of 0.003mg/day and then decided better to start slower so 0.002mg/day for 12 days with 1 day hold in middle.

Anxiety set in on day 11 of the microtaper and so I held days 15,16 and then dropped to 0.001mg/day for the next 8 days.

Held last night.

No anxiety on days 17,19,21,24. Not bad today (day 26) but slightly funky head feeling which I've also had a few other days. Just had the anxiety and funky head feeling since microtapering. Luckily all good by nighttime so I can fall asleep.

The microtaper has gotten rid of my headache and stomachache which were my physical withdrawal symtpoms. That's nice.

I wonder if 0.002mg every other day would be better than 0.001mg every day... or should I go back to cut/hold

and just live with that.... maybe drop with much smaller cut, say 2.8%... I already have my next smaller compounded

capsule and I could do two 2 week cut/hold/drops of that amount the next month.

I'm going to hold tonight. Problem is there are lots of options and who knows what will work the best. The last 8.76% drop was very hard.

I'm microtapering with compounded Teva capsule and some 1mg/100ml homemade Teva liquids. Liquid started at 4.1ml and down to 0.8 ml now. As I wasn't doing all liquid I didn't do a hold after I started using it.

I know some folk can't drop every day.  My husband doesn't see how an every other day drop can help much.

I hold every 5 or 6 days, in my mind it helps keep my sxs and doses kind of even.  I know a lot of people that do dlmt don't hold unless sxs show up, but I just thought that holding once or twice a week was a good idea even if it slows me down some.  I have been doing dlmt 100 days now and have done pretty well.  Good luck with your choice  :)

I'm microtapering with compounded Teva capsule and some 1mg/100ml homemade Teva liquid. Liquid started at 4.1ml and down to 0.8 ml now. As I wasn't doing all liquid I didn't do a hold after I started using it.

Share the details of your homemade liquid?

Lots of good advice here.

I guess I’m more like Unicorn in the sense that I find consistency to be working for me and so I stay at .001 mg a day each day

[6a...]
Bob, I have been doing a dry cut up until this point but as the pill got too small to cut accurately I crushed the pill into a powder and weighed it out and put it into a gel cap. I'm wondering from your sig tho if I was supposed to mix it with anything? Is the Microcrystalline Cellulose required?

Hi Builder,

1 mg Teva dissolved in 2 mg 100 proof vodka then add 98 mg water for total 100 mg liquid.

So that's 0.01mg/ml and when I drop by .001mg that's .1ml, right?

I got help from you and the taper board for that so I think that part is correct.

Note the liquid is on top of currently a .456mg capsule that I take at night.

So the initial 4.1ml added to the .456mg tablet was .456+.041mg=.497 starting night dose (plus .125 in afternoon)

Hi Builder,

1 mg Teva dissolved in 2 mg 100 proof vodka then add 98 mg water for total 100 mg liquid.

So that's 0.01mg/ml and when I drop by .001mg that's .1ml, right?

I got help from you and the taper board for that so I think that part is correct.

Note the liquid is on top of currently a .456mg capsule that I take at night.

So the initial 4.1ml added to the .456mg tablet was .456+.041mg=.497 starting night dose (plus .125 in afternoon)

Yes, that's fine.  I asked for the info on your liquid to make sure that you were in fact using a proper solution, and rule that out as a cause of your problems.

Thanks, builder. Anxiety again this morning. I just did five minutes of punches to try and help. Breathing doesn't work that well for me.

So Sun and Wed were good days... the others not... and I'm wondering... the anxiety is starting 10-11... I take my big dose of klonopin at 2am (.464) and the smaller (.125)  at 2 pm. Wondering if I'm starting to get interdose withdrawal. I've always been better luckily by the time I go to bed... the afternoon dose doesn't make things magically better though.

I guess if interdose instead of just withdrawal then the afternoon dose might do something more obvious faster? or not as it might be too low. or maybe anxiety just starts later in the morning for me when I'm dealing with withdrawal symptoms. I think I probably haven't held long enough for me going down so far.

I did go down 5.8% in the 24 days before I started to hold. Held for 8 days and counting...

Wondering if should dose 3 times a day... perhaps take .125 off the night dose and put it at 10a and move the afternoon dose to 6p.

Uni, hope you're doing better.

--added--

or maybe I just pushed the microtaper too fast early on... I probably should have held much sooner once the anxiety showed up after not having any. Perhaps got ahead of my brain more than the cut and holds have done where the anxiety was only 3-4 days in a row during a cut/hold period.

So Sun and Wed were good days... the others not... and I'm wondering... the anxiety is starting 10-11... I take my big dose of klonopin at 2am (.464) and the smaller (.125)  at 2 pm. Wondering if I'm starting to get interdose withdrawal. I've always been better luckily by the time I go to bed... the afternoon dose doesn't make things magically better though.

I guess if interdose instead of just withdrawal then the afternoon dose might do something more obvious faster? or not as it might be too low. or maybe anxiety just starts later in the morning for me when I'm dealing with withdrawal symptoms. I think I probably haven't held long enough for me going down so far.

I did go down 5.8% in the 24 days before I started to hold. Held for 8 days and counting...

Wondering if should dose 3 times a day... perhaps take .125 off the night dose and put it at 10a and move the afternoon dose to 6p.

Uni, hope you're doing better.

--added--

or maybe I just pushed the microtaper too fast early on... I probably should have held much sooner once the anxiety showed up after not having any. Perhaps got ahead of my brain more than the cut and holds have done where the anxiety was only 3-4 days in a row during a cut/hold period.

For my body, I never saw any correlation between taking one dose per day or multiple doses per day (except to help me sleep).

When I got what seems like intraday withdrawal, I found it was more due to my external situations - stress at home or work.

We should never discount how daily changes in stress due to our thinking affect our withdrawal intensity.

I suspect if you change your routine you might get more relief.

You might try to exercise at 9 am, 2 hours before the anxiety starts to kick in, see if that breaks it up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I've got 3 more days of the current capsules that I'm holding at (plus .008mg via liquid per night). I guess I'm going to try tapering again - already have those capsules - my pdoc had called in two more weeks of the one I'm holding at after I'd picked up the others. I'm seriously considering doing a 0.034mg drop (5.8%) and holding a month instead of trying the .001mg/day microtaper. I'm unfortunately not as symptom free as I'd like. Stomach issues and head have actually gotten worse while anxiety is better.

I've considered doing a cut and hold at times but I'm too chicken! Yet some people says it works for them. Whatever you decide, I hope it goes well. One day closer to freedom!

Gard :)

I wasn't happy with cut/hold but the DLMT I tried last month really ramped up the anxiety... it might have been better if I'd started at 0.001mg instead of 0.003mg, which was still a lot less than I've been cut/holding on a monthly time frame. I don't know. I'm still vascillating... a few more days to decide.

So indecisive. My husband and I are thinking I'll try the daily micro taper one more time (klonopin) 0.001mg a day... if I get anxiety I'll stop and hold. Perhaps I just went too fast and didn't hold quick/long enough when the anxiety hit... decreased amount instead. Been having GI and head issues during the hold but the anxiety has gone down again. And my jaw clenching turned up again a few days ago... it's been gone for months. sigh.

So indecisive. My husband and I are thinking I'll try the daily micro taper one more time (klonopin) 0.001mg a day... if I get anxiety I'll stop and hold. Perhaps I just went too fast and didn't hold quick/long enough when the anxiety hit... decreased amount instead. Been having GI and head issues during the hold but the anxiety has gone down again. And my jaw clenching turned up again a few days ago... it's been gone for months. sigh.

I went too fast on my first taper and had to hold for a long time. It was hard to wait but it reduced my symptoms significantly. If you have questions about long holds (months), there's a Long Hold support group that is very active. Most of them are doing combinations of holds and micro-tapers.

Gard :)

Thanks! I know about the group... I'm one of the Teva clonazepam users and trying to get off before I and my compounding pharmacy run out as it's been discontinued... I know it would probably be better to hold.  Sigh.

I'm going to hold another 15 days... my pdoc is on vacation but my primary care called in 15 more of my larger (running out) dose for me to the compounding pharmacy. Called to let them know why the change in doctor.

I hope you start to feel better really soon, nolonger.  Hoping to hold settles everything down.  Rooting for you  :smitten:

Uni

Thanks! I know about the group... I'm one of the Teva clonazepam users and trying to get off before I and my compounding pharmacy run out as it's been discontinued... I know it would probably be better to hold.  Sigh.

Oh good. I pop in there now and then but have lost track of most of what goes on. It moves so fast!

I agree it's best to hold when switching brands. :thumbsup:

I'm luckily not switching brands. I have almost 200 1mg Teva clonazapam (my pdoc helped me stock up when found out it was discontinued although she got in trouble from head of her department for that) and my compounding pharmacy has about 215 as they stocked up for me. So I should (knock on wood) be able to taper off before running out.

I'm luckily not switching brands. I have almost 200 1mg Teva clonazapam (my pdoc helped me stock up when found out it was discontinued although she got in trouble from head of her department for that) and my compounding pharmacy has about 215 as they stocked up for me. So I should (knock on wood) be able to taper off before running out.

Excellent! :thumbsup:

Awesome nolonger!!  That’s a WIN!  You’re already going through it enough so I’m happy to know you won’t have to add a switching of brands to the mix.  :smitten:

Following...

I am planning out my DMT, calculating it all by hand. I plan on spending 2 weeks switching to liquid an getting accustomed to that first. Then the next 4 weeks I'll be tapering 0.004 mg/day, which is a 5-6% cut every two weeks. That's assuming no holds of course, which I expect I will have. Currently taking 0.5 mg X twice a day, one at breakfast and one at lunch.