• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm. Why don't I know how to import pictures????

Question: Do you all hold on liquid, and if so, how many days? The cuts are so tiny day to day--it's hard to imagine it makes a lick of difference, but maybe it does?

Question: Do you all hold on liquid, and if so, how many days? The cuts are so tiny day to day--it's hard to imagine it makes a lick of difference, but maybe it does?

Hi, blue. For pictures, you use that little icon that looks like a mona lisa and put the url for the picture between the brackets.

As for holding, when I make tiny cuts I just cut each day. But soon I will be cutting every other day because I want to switch to my large syringe which has the markings farther apart. I only actually hold for things like holidays or if I hit a wall.

Gard :)

Hi, blue. For pictures, you use that little icon that looks like a mona lisa and put the url for the picture between the brackets.

As for holding, when I make tiny cuts I just cut each day. But soon I will be cutting every other day because I want to switch to my large syringe which has the markings farther apart. I only actually hold for things like holidays or if I hit a wall.

Yep I'm with Gard, I only hold when I need too. There are times when I seem to get ahead of what my brain can handle and a few days hold or longer seems to help. I have not done many ( what I call a ) long holds.  It all depends on the pace you can tolerate. Remain kind to yourself and allow a simple hold if you feel you need it.  :smitten:

Hey - did someone say cake!?!  ;D

[01...]
I'm switching the .5 mg pill that I had been dry cutting (from my 2.5 mg total daily dosage) into 100 mL's of lactose free whole milk tonight as the pill is too small to cut at this point. Switching to liquid has been an issue for me in the past as I feel like I immediately get slammed as though I've made a big cut so I'm really hoping that that isn't the case this time.

Hey - did someone say cake!?!  ;D

Hi kasey! Bluebpill ate the good stuff, but there seems to be plenty of the weird turtle cake left. :laugh:

Gard :smitten:

I'm switching the .5 mg pill that I had been dry cutting (from my 2.5 mg total daily dosage) into 100 mL's of lactose free whole milk tonight as the pill is too small to cut at this point. Switching to liquid has been an issue for me in the past as I feel like I immediately get slammed as though I've made a big cut so I'm really hoping that that isn't the case this time.

Good luck, fuzzy. Some people do hold when they switch to liquid. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks. Yeah I'm planning on holding for a week without making any cuts. Hope it goes smoothly.

Hi Fuzzy,

Are you planning on holding before or after the switch?  Or both?

-not that im suggesting either is better..??

I sure hope liquid helps, it has been a hell of a road for you thus far...

Best wishes...

:)

Ladies, -Talk about having your cake and eating it too..!!

Hope you are all doing extra exercise...

:)

Thanks. Yeah I'm planning on holding for a week without making any cuts. Hope it goes smoothly.

Good luck Fuzzy, holding great idea.  :)

Thanks Gard and Kasey! I get a little dizzy sometimes since liquid so was wondering. I’ll keep cutting until I can’t deal. Thanks! I walked 3 miles today. You know, the cake...

Good luck, Fuzzy!

Hey DMTers,

I’m wondering what your windows and waves have been like?  What has your stability been like since doing DMT?  I know we’re all different but I’m curious, since this is a specific method of tapering. 

I’ve had some windows that provided relief for 3-10 days at a time.  Now back in a full on wave as of yesterday, which started coming on slowly last Friday.  Each time the waves come and get this intense, it feels it will never end.  I was fortunate enough to have no morning anxiety or surges for almost 4 weeks.  Back to morning and scared me so bad.  I guess I’m reaching out for reassurance becasue this wave feels different.  In that, it’s a combo of depression, mental & physical fatigue and now anxiety and fear.  I was having fatigue and depression OR anxiety and fear, not the whole lot of them thrown together.  Is this just how it goes? 

Thank you for any kind words or sharing of your experience.  Just gotta believe this is a wave.  And will pass. 

Love,

Uni

Hey DMTers,

I’m wondering what your windows and waves have been like?  What has your stability been like since doing DMT?  I know we’re all different but I’m curious, since this is a specific method of tapering. 

I’ve had some windows that provided relief for 3-10 days at a time.  Now back in a full on wave as of yesterday, which started coming on slowly last Friday.  Each time the waves come and get this intense, it feels it will never end.  I was fortunate enough to have no morning anxiety or surges for almost 4 weeks.  Back to morning and scared me so bad.  I guess I’m reaching out for reassurance becasue this wave feels different.  In that, it’s a combo of depression, mental & physical fatigue and now anxiety and fear.  I was having fatigue and depression OR anxiety and fear, not the whole lot of them thrown together.  Is this just how it goes? 

Thank you for any kind words or sharing of your experience.  Just gotta believe this is a wave.  And will pass. 

Love,

Uni

I'm sorry you're getting hit so hard. Maybe you should hold for a bit until this passes? I always hold if I get hit with a wave. I take it as a sign I am tapering too fast for my nervous system. If I hold, I always improve and am able to start up again.

Hey DMTers,

Love,

Uni

I'm sorry you're getting hit so hard. Maybe you should hold for a bit until this passes? I always hold if I get hit with a wave. I take it as a sign I am tapering too fast for my nervous system. If I hold, I always improve and am able to start up again.

Thank you, Gard.  I really appreciate your feedback and you sharing your experience. I may just do that and see what happens.  Even if a few days...  Still learning about this whole process and how to know what’s standard windows/waves or too fast tapering. 

Oh, Uni, I'm so sorry, after your encouragement about my increased anxiety switching over to daily micro taper on the K board and mentioning that you'd be doing well. :-(

I think I should hold as well...

So sorry Uni, that can be so frightening and frustrating. When it gets like that for me, I hold as well. Even a few days can allow the brain to settle down and make a difference. This benzo adventure keeps all on our toes and guessing as to what to do at times. My first thought was, yep that sounds familiar and normal for tapering. You will rise above this soon. Pls remind your self that even while holding you are making progress. Healing is happening! :smitten:

Hey DMTers,

Love,

Uni

Thank you, Gard.  I really appreciate your feedback and you sharing your experience. I may just do that and see what happens.  Even if a few days...  Still learning about this whole process and how to know what’s standard windows/waves or too fast tapering.

Uni, you are so much lower than me so I am not sure if I can tell be of any help.  I have been on dmlt for exactly 100 days.  I hold once or twice a week just to give my sxs time to match my doses or how that works in my mind anyway.  Mostly I have done pretty good, some muscle issues sometimes but that's pretty much it.  You may try that, it's just a suggestion.  Hate you feel bad :smitten: :smitten:

Hey DMTers,

Love,

Uni

Hi Uni,

I agree with what Gard said.  When I get hit with sxs I can usually trace it back 3 days from a taper, even a micro one (even though I'm doing LMT I can't do daily...)

If I hold for a couple of days then things tend to settle down.

I haven't really had a waves and windows pattern that I can't trace back to a cut -- and that is just me...

I hope that things improve really quickly for you and you sail through this next bit.... :thumbsup:

SS

A big warm “THANK YOU” to you all.  I’m moved to tears that you’ve all taken the time to respond and with such care. 

nolonger, I hope this does’t discourage you at all or negate anything I said to you on the K board.  It is true that switching to DLMT has been so much better for me; it’s been such a blessing!  What I think brought this on is that I sped up from .001 to .002 to .003 daily reduction over the past month.  Yesterday, I looked back in my “benzo journal” and realized it was exactly 9 days at the reduction rate of .003.  So this is no doubt a cumulative effect from that.  On day 3 at this new speed, I did have just one episode of benzo rage, which I contained and worked through with guided meditations and visulizing the feelings flowing through me.  Since then, the only thing I noticed was increased fatigue and return of muscle spasms and twitches.  Then some mild depression over this whole situation set in.  So, days 8 & 9 is where it got my attention with fear, panic, anxiety - I’d had none since the first week of June.  I still believe DLMT to be the best method for me, but have to rethink rate and definitely hold for now.  I hope you’re feeling much better and the increased anxiety you were having has quieted.  I know it can!  Sometimes, just like magic - it’s gone.  At least, that’s how it’s been for me.  I think I just sped up too quickly and should have stayed at .002 for a while before bumping it up.  Definitely a learning process!  We can hold together :)

kasey, that you for relating and for your encouragement.  I’m so grateful to all of you for sharing your experiences and opinions about this.  I’m sorry this even happens to you at all.  It’s awful.  It sure does keep us guessing and on our toes!  I’m just so confused as to why it didn’t hit on day 3, but someone mentioned elsewhere that it could be the cumulative effect.  It hit on day 8 at night and persisted through day 9.  I’m holding as of today, so we’ll see...  that’s what we gotta do right?  Just see what works for us and go from there.  Also, something you said really helped me - to remind myself while holding we still make progress.  Thank you so much for assuring me of this, as I tend to get so impatient and beat myself up.  :smitten:  Nice to meet you, btw! 

Mary, sweet Mary...  I’m so excited for you being 100 days into DLMT!  Thank you for sharing how you do it, by holding once or twice a week to allow for some settling.  This is a great idea and I may just do this going forward, once I resume.  I think it is you who is lower than me..?  I’m currently at 1.045mg Klonopin, so that’s something like equivalent of 22 mg V.  Maybe I’m doing the math wrong though, because you’re doing a combo.  We may be close?  I’m sooooo glad it’s going so well for you.  :highfive:  This makes me happy and also inspires me.  I think I just gotta find the right groove.  It’s always so great to see you no matter which board it’s on.  :smitten:  Thank you for your friendship and loving support. 

SS, so great to see you, too!  Thank you for sharing your perspective and what works for you.  It’s interesting that this is a thing.  I’m still learning, so forgive my naïveté.  I always figure I just have to push through but clearly many of you hold when sxs hit, so now I know I can too.  Just need to learn to listen to my mind and body better before it goes into the “this is too much for me” zone.  Thank you for your positive thoughts and encouragement.  It really means so much to me. 

You’re all so wonderful and I’m happy to be here with you all.  Wishing everyone a better day than the day before :hug: