Polydrugging support group

[Co...]

Having a rough time today. Only some microsleep, weird nerve pains. I'm still hoping it will pass. Today I am angry , yet again, for the lack of information these last ten years. I feel like I'm in this because of ignorant doctors and nurses and I am paying the price for it. They can all go home and sleep and be happy. And I'm fighting for my life here.

Still holding on though. I'm longing for my acupuncture on tuesday.

I feel the same way.  I get barely any sleep and I have a constant anger towards these evil ignorant doctors who can sleep and be happy while we are tortured.  I tried acupuncture many years ago but to no avail.  Are you finding that it is helping you?

At first it helped, but lately not so much. But then again he is treating my hormones right now, and before it was general body issues. i'm going to ask to do the general treatment again. Hope it helps

The anger isn't helping is it, but it's so hard to let go ...

Thank you gardener I will try to distract! Feel so lonely though. Every time I have a wave, I get a deep sense of loneliness. And the problem is I don't have much friends or contacts so I cannot help it.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [ga...]

• [Li...]

• [ra...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the loneliness too. But it helps to talk to all of you on the boards.  :smitten:  Gardener is right, we're in this together and we can do it!

Definitely also feel the anger. I try to comfort myself thinking they must get what they deserve. Or that when we are well, we will be so relieved and able to forget about this suffering and unfairness. Everybody has their cross to bear in life. So I hope theirs is particularly painful. :P I know some people say that they don't blame their doctors because they were trying but they were also misinformed. Maybe I'll be that bighearted and forgiving when I feel better!

I hope your acupuncture helps today, Corsair. I look forward to mine too but I don't really know how much it's helping. I just want to keep trying everything that might work.

:hug:

Having a rough time today. Only some microsleep, weird nerve pains. I'm still hoping it will pass. Today I am angry , yet again, for the lack of information these last ten years. I feel like I'm in this because of ignorant doctors and nurses and I am paying the price for it. They can all go home and sleep and be happy. And I'm fighting for my life here.

Still holding on though. I'm longing for my acupuncture on tuesday.

I feel the same way.  I get barely any sleep and I have a constant anger towards these evil ignorant doctors who can sleep and be happy while we are tortured.  I tried acupuncture many years ago but to no avail.  Are you finding that it is helping you?

At first it helped, but lately not so much. But then again he is treating my hormones right now, and before it was general body issues. i'm going to ask to do the general treatment again. Hope it helps

The anger isn't helping is it, but it's so hard to let go ...

Thank you gardener I will try to distract! Feel so lonely though. Every time I have a wave, I get a deep sense of loneliness. And the problem is I don't have much friends or contacts so I cannot help it.

I really feel for you! I have hardly any friends or contacts where I am now (moved shortly before I became ill). I see my therapist every week. There's not much she can do for me during this but make sure I don't become totally socially isolated. I also have an appointment to talk on the phone every Tuesday evening with a dear friend I've had for years but who moved away. We made an appointment for 7PM on Tuesdays and put it on our calendars. And, of course, for real understanding, I come to certain threads on this board. To keep from getting too down, I don't read most of the threads, but have just picked 4 or 5 to focus on. One of them is the gratitude thread. You ought to come over. We can use some more people over there! And, if you like goofiness, try Lookingforward's blog. She is the cat meme queen of benzobuddies!

So I'm having chest pain since yesterday and I cannot walk to my bathroom without having shortage of breath.

I need to quit the meds too because my heart is in poor condition according to the doctor, but he does not understand I cannot just cold turkey everything. I'm really feeling angry. They should have checked me out before prescribing these meds.

I'm still not stable, so I cannot taper. I don't know what to do.

So I'm having chest pain since yesterday and I cannot walk to my bathroom without having shortage of breath.

I need to quit the meds too because my heart is in poor condition according to the doctor, but he does not understand I cannot just cold turkey everything. I'm really feeling angry. They should have checked me out before prescribing these meds.

You mentioned that your heart is in poor condition. I think you need to get these symptoms checked out to make sure they are not from a  heart problem. You should consider going to the emergency room. Bring your meds. Don't talk about trying to taper off of them, just say you are taking them as prescribed. You are there for chest pains and shortness of breath. They will check out your heart and make sure it is OK.

I went to the ER once in the middle of the night with an irregular, rapid heartbeat. They didn't admit me, but held me in a special room for observation all night. Then in the morning I got a stress test. I was told my heart was fine.  At that time I was on trazodone, which I believe caused the problem. Now I am less worried when I get chest pains.

As for tapering, there is no hurry. Studies show that anyone can taper off, it doesn't matter how long you've been on the drug. You just go very slowly and carefully and eventually you get there. At one point I, too, had to hold for awhile. Very annoying!  :tickedoff: At another point I made only one teeny, tiny cut per week just so I could make some progress. Now I am cutting more frequently because my health allows it. I just go with how I feel, but I do go forward! :thumbsup:

Please do consider going to get your heart checked and please come back and let us know how you are doing! :smitten:

You mentioned that your heart is in poor condition. I think you need to get these symptoms checked out to make sure they are not from a  heart problem. You should consider going to the emergency room. Bring your meds. Don't talk about trying to taper off of them, just say you are taking them as prescribed. You are there for chest pains and shortness of breath. They will check out your heart and make sure it is OK.

I went to the ER once in the middle of the night with an irregular, rapid heartbeat. They didn't admit me, but held me in a special room for observation all night. Then in the morning I got a stress test. I was told my heart was fine.  At that time I was on trazodone, which I believe caused the problem. Now I am less worried when I get chest pains.

As for tapering, there is no hurry. Studies show that anyone can taper off, it doesn't matter how long you've been on the drug. You just go very slowly and carefully and eventually you get there. At one point I, too, had to hold for awhile. Very annoying!  :tickedoff: At another point I made only one teeny, tiny cut per week just so I could make some progress. Now I am cutting more frequently because my health allows it. I just go with how I feel, but I do go forward! :thumbsup:

Please do consider going to get your heart checked and please come back and let us know how you are doing! :smitten:

I know, i'm getting tests done and it really is bad. If i would go under sedation I would not wake up according to the doctor. I did not have a panick disorder , I was really sick and the stupid gp thought I had a panick disorder. I never made the connection, I thought it would help against insomnia and pain.

I'm so freaking angry. I'm still feeling the cut I made, started getting more symptoms again yesterday. I need to get off the pills but I'm unstable as hell.

I'm hoping I did not screw up my recovery by cutting, but then again I need to get off of them asap. this is so messed up.  :'(

I know, i'm getting tests done and it really is bad. If i would go under sedation I would not wake up according to the doctor. I did not have a panick disorder , I was really sick and the stupid gp thought I had a panick disorder. I never made the connection, I thought it would help against insomnia and pain.

I'm so freaking angry. I'm still feeling the cut I made, started getting more symptoms again yesterday. I need to get off the pills but I'm unstable as hell.

I'm hoping I did not screw up my recovery by cutting, but then again I need to get off of them asap. this is so messed up.  :'(

I am guilty of cutting too fast, too, but I am still recovering. I have been working on trying to just be in the moment because when I look down the road it looks impossibly long. I am really bad at it. Today I went to a group cognitive behavioral therapy session. I am so happy I went because I got to spend time with people who also struggle with anxiety and I felt so much less alone. I hunted and hunted to find a group session because, really, just one on one with a therapist is not the same thing as being with people who struggle just like you do but who are taking steps forward toward recovery. Some of the members recommended some apps, so if you have a smartphone or an ipad or a mini, you might want to check these out. One is called Stop, Breathe, and Think. The other is called Virtual Hope Box. I haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but from what the group members described (breathing and guided meditation), it sounded like it would be very helpful for coping with anxiety. I have an app called iSleepEasy that helps me relax and fall asleep, but I think I need something like this for just taking a break in the daytime.

You are not alone. We are all in this together and some of us are through it already, people who thought they would never get through it. I do think the secret is to somehow learn to live one day, one hour, one  minute at a time, whatever it takes. I'm definitely going to try those apps because I need all the help I can get!

The last 2 days were horrific for me, I couldn't even eat, and I up-dosed a bit and am leveling off today. I hate that I up-dosed, but what's done is done.  :P  I wonder if I had those apps if I could have gotten through it without up-dosing.

BTW, I am going out of town and may not have internet access for a few days, so if I'm quiet, that's why.

Best wishes.  :smitten:

I am guilty of cutting too fast, too, but I am still recovering. I have been working on trying to just be in the moment because when I look down the road it looks impossibly long. I am really bad at it. Today I went to a group cognitive behavioral therapy session. I am so happy I went because I got to spend time with people who also struggle with anxiety and I felt so much less alone. I hunted and hunted to find a group session because, really, just one on one with a therapist is not the same thing as being with people who struggle just like you do but who are taking steps forward toward recovery. Some of the members recommended some apps, so if you have a smartphone or an ipad or a mini, you might want to check these out. One is called Stop, Breathe, and Think. The other is called Virtual Hope Box. I haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but from what the group members described (breathing and guided meditation), it sounded like it would be very helpful for coping with anxiety. I have an app called iSleepEasy that helps me relax and fall asleep, but I think I need something like this for just taking a break in the daytime.

You are not alone. We are all in this together and some of us are through it already, people who thought they would never get through it. I do think the secret is to somehow learn to live one day, one hour, one  minute at a time, whatever it takes. I'm definitely going to try those apps because I need all the help I can get!

The last 2 days were horrific for me, I couldn't even eat, and I up-dosed a bit and am leveling off today. I hate that I up-dosed, but what's done is done.  :P  I wonder if I had those apps if I could have gotten through it without up-dosing.

BTW, I am going out of town and may not have internet access for a few days, so if I'm quiet, that's why.

I'm not sure how to read your signature, what is your current medication?

Yes that seems nice, having ppl to talk to who are going through the same thing.

I'm not sure why i got hit with another wave without being sx free. Is it because i didn't cut properly. I think i took just a little less, maybe 20 mgs. Pff.yeah. I know, not good. But I'm not capable of buying a scale right now (low on cash) and so everything is just by looking at it.

Should I just continue tapering and try to hold on because probably not having a stable dose will not permit me to become sx free. I need a bit of wisdom here :(

I know I'm in a mess (aren't we all?) but maybe it will be better once i'm off trazodone. Have fun on your trip!

I'm not sure how to read your signature, what is your current medication?

Yes that seems nice, having ppl to talk to who are going through the same thing.

I'm not sure why i got hit with another wave without being sx free. Is it because i didn't cut properly. I think i took just a little less, maybe 20 mgs. Pff.yeah. I know, not good. But I'm not capable of buying a scale right now (low on cash) and so everything is just by looking at it.

Should I just continue tapering and try to hold on because probably not having a stable dose will not permit me to become sx free. I need a bit of wisdom here :(

I know I'm in a mess (aren't we all?) but maybe it will be better once i'm off trazodone. Have fun on your trip!

Able to get online tonight.

X=Xanax and /6 = divided into 6 doses.

I'm finally starting to feel better (more like my typical yucky days, not overwhelmed). I am going to cut much slower. I have a liquid form of Xanax and can cut by .02 mg because that is the smallest mark on the oral syringe. Some people turn their tablets into liquid or have the pharmacy do that and then use an oral syringe. Look for posts on how to do liquid titration. I don't know much about it because my med is already liquid. If you can do it, you may be able to cut more accurately. I don't know how you can re-stabilize if your dose cuts are just guess-timates. I am finally re-stabilizing today after some very awful days from cutting too fast. Now I'm chicken to make another cut at all, so I don't have the guts to tell you to keep cutting. I'm a freaked out and chicken!  :o  Hopefully someone else will chime in with some more level-headed advice!  ;)

Corsair, I really wish you were able to get a scale! That must be so hard. :hug: Is there a compounding pharmacy that's willing to work with you on custom dosages? I just found out about that from these forums that that's sometimes a possibility. I hope you're coping OK. You're really doing amazingly well enduring this beast.

Gardener, it's great that you're able to make such small changes with liquid titration. That should be a lot easier on your system!

I've been doing super fast cuts by weighing beads of Effexor. My parents are both helping me out so that makes a big difference. I think my cognition is actually much better, like my brain has been frantically trying to get out from under all the drugging. I'm much lower than I've ever been able to go before. I have a doctor's appointment soon and since I'm low enough on Effexor he plans to cross-taper me to a tricyclic which he thinks will be safer. I'm just really hoping he's right.

Corsair, I really wish you were able to get a scale! That must be so hard. :hug: Is there a compounding pharmacy that's willing to work with you on custom dosages? I just found out about that from these forums that that's sometimes a possibility. I hope you're coping OK. You're really doing amazingly well enduring this beast.

Gardener, it's great that you're able to make such small changes with liquid titration. That should be a lot easier on your system!

I've been doing super fast cuts by weighing beads of Effexor. My parents are both helping me out so that makes a big difference. I think my cognition is actually much better, like my brain has been frantically trying to get out from under all the drugging. I'm much lower than I've ever been able to go before. I have a doctor's appointment soon and since I'm low enough on Effexor he plans to cross-taper me to a tricyclic which he thinks will be safer. I'm just really hoping he's right.

I don't know. i will have to find out. I'm actually really scared, because I think I'm already in acute but I'm still taking it, so I will go off it. Because it's not possible to stabilise. And then hoping my acupuncturist can help me.

It's sad, but I have to go off this to not cause permanent damage.

I feel so alone in this. No one believes in withdrawal here. I hope you can send me some positive vibes.

Sending you all the positive vibes I can!!! I wish you had much more support. It's really criminal that doctors don't take withdrawal more seriously.

I know what you mean about feeling like it's not possible to stabilize. I feel like I haven't been stable in at least a year. Try to listen to your body and take care of yourself as best you can. I know it seems like the first priority is to get off everything and it can be really frustrating when you don't feel able to taper more, but it's just as important to do the taper in good time, and you have time.

I hope your acupuncturist can help too. This is just brutal and no one should have to endure it.

True! I think what these companies are doing with these pills is a crime. And I really hope that one day people will see this.

I'm trying one day at a time.

I just got released from psychiatric inpatient.  I am able to sleep now that Doxepin has been added but the 50 mg Doxepin is causing my heart to beat really fast.  I don't know if I should discontinue it or not.

I just got released from psychiatric inpatient.  I am able to sleep now that Doxepin has been added but the 50 mg Doxepin is causing my heart to beat really fast.  I don't know if I should discontinue it or not.

How long did you not sleep before the doxepin? From my experience, adding another drug is not the way to go. But I don't know in what state you were of course. You mention inpatient.

So I'm at 10 mgs from 50 trazodone. I feel like crap. Extremely tired, lot's of joint pain and clickings joints, muscles,...

How are you all doing?

So I'm at 10 mgs from 50 trazodone. I feel like crap. Extremely tired, lot's of joint pain and clickings joints, muscles,...

How are you all doing?

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad. I tapered off of trazodone a few months ago. It got unpleasant toward the end but then once I was off I felt 100% better. You're very close! Hang in there!

:smitten:

I'm down to 22 mg Effexor XR.  :yippee:  Going steadily up on imipramine as I go down on Effexor. I'm still massively depressed but I feel like I'm coming back to myself. I've been sleeping a lot lately. I'm taking that as a good sign, that maybe my body is finally starting to get all the rest it needs.

A lot of trouble with dizziness and brain zaps but it might be getting a little better in the past few days. It's always better when I can sleep, so I look forward to weekends.

The hardest thing is to just keep going but it's what we have to do ... hope you all are feeling OK. :hug:

I'm down to 22 mg Effexor XR.  :yippee:  Going steadily up on imipramine as I go down on Effexor. I'm still massively depressed but I feel like I'm coming back to myself. I've been sleeping a lot lately. I'm taking that as a good sign, that maybe my body is finally starting to get all the rest it needs.

A lot of trouble with dizziness and brain zaps but it might be getting a little better in the past few days. It's always better when I can sleep, so I look forward to weekends.

The hardest thing is to just keep going but it's what we have to do ... hope you all are feeling OK. :hug:

How did you get to 22 mg of Effexor XR?  I thought it wasn't possible to create custom doses of ER / XR (extended release) medications?

How did you get to 22 mg of Effexor XR?  I thought it wasn't possible to create custom doses of ER / XR (extended release) medications?

It's not unless you work with a compounding pharmacy, I suppose.

I have been weighing the "beads" inside the capsules using this method I found out about on SurvivingAntidepressants. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/272-tips-for-tapering-off-effexor-and-effexor-xr-venlafaxine/

It's not unless you work with a compounding pharmacy, I suppose.

I have been weighing the "beads" inside the capsules using this method I found out about on SurvivingAntidepressants. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/272-tips-for-tapering-off-effexor-and-effexor-xr-venlafaxine/

Wow, that's very good information.  I've contacted around 20 compound pharmacies and they said they are not able to compound any ER / XR type of medications.  However, the bead method you are using for Effexor XR makes sense.  The Depakote ER I am taking can only be found as a tablet and not a capsule.

@[ra...]

I will be jumping one of these days now, I do feel like crap but I have an acupuncture appointment coming up so I hope this will help!

Does anyone here have nerve pain in their legs? Because I do have pelvic/back problems and I'm never sure, is it withdrawal, is there something wrong?

The clicking of bones is causing this, but I can't help this.

LifeInChaos, that's a shame, I wish you could get a capsule! I hate cutting tablets because I always feel like I am losing some and it's hard to make very accurate cuts. Even the scale I am using for weighing is only accurate to the nearest milligram and it jumps around a lot so I'm not sure how exact it really is. But it's worked so far. I hope you've got a method that works well enough for you. I didn't know compounding pharmacies said that about ER/XR!

Corsair, thank you so much!  :smitten:  I feel crappy but I am surviving so I hope it gets better with time. It is a triumph to be on so much less of this drug. I really hope your acupuncture goes well. I don't think I have nerve pain in my legs but I have read about others experiencing that all over the body, so I think it's reasonable to assume that is withdrawal. I wish it were easier to tell, it's so nerve-wracking thinking of all the things that could be wrong, but if there's no specific test for what it is we just have to take our best guess based on what we know of our bodies.

so the nerve pain subsided , so there you have it, something crazy and 'real' like that can also be withdrawal.

But now I have these crazy heart palps at night, but irregular ones. And it is freaking me out! I reinstated the trazodone, because i got 0 hours of sleep first night

i jumped, thinking it was too soon for me. My hair started to shed like crazy.