Polydrugging support group

[Co...]

Hi,

I know all different polydrugging has caused a lot of suffering, thats why we are here and my heart goes out to all of you who are suffering, which I can obviously empathise. I just get concerned, as whenever I have read  on this site about a combination of Lexapro, Ambien and Lorazepam/Ativan, it just spells a whole lot of trouble serious and problematic SX's when the person is on them pre-taper and when tapering off. I dont want to carry on about all the symptoms I still experience, as I we all suffering different SX's, but all I can say from experience going through this process, the Ambien taper seemed to hit the "Mount Everest" scales when it comes to spikes of anxiety, levels of continuous psychological fear and dread and memory/brain issues. From being a very relaxed and easy going person (even after actively being in a war as a soldier), I have never or could never have imagined the amount of fear and and continual 24/7 anxiety (or one could also call adrenal rush), as the experience of going off Ambien and this combination of drugs would bring. I just wanted it out there, if I had the hindsight, even though my initial problem was days of insomnia, I would easily chose insomnia compared to the hell ride I have been through and still continue to go through.

This could be only subjective experience and an assumption, but I really have followed a lot of members experiences who were poly drugged and it does appear quite apparent.

I just wanted to comment on this, as I had a very different experience.

I took Ambien with lexapro and klonopin for many years. I stopped ambien cold turkey and had no ill effects except for some insomnia. I used benadryl. I tapered off lexapro in six weeks. That led to very difficult to manage depression but otherwise all okay. The benzo taper, well that I have not yet figured out. For me, this is horrendous. Everyone is different. I am sorry you are having such a hard time.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [ga...]

• [Li...]

• [ra...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I know all different polydrugging has caused a lot of suffering, thats why we are here and my heart goes out to all of you who are suffering, which I can obviously empathise. I just get concerned, as whenever I have read  on this site about a combination of Lexapro, Ambien and Lorazepam/Ativan, it just spells a whole lot of trouble serious and problematic SX's when the person is on them pre-taper and when tapering off. I dont want to carry on about all the symptoms I still experience, as I we all suffering different SX's, but all I can say from experience going through this process, the Ambien taper seemed to hit the "Mount Everest" scales when it comes to spikes of anxiety, levels of continuous psychological fear and dread and memory/brain issues. From being a very relaxed and easy going person (even after actively being in a war as a soldier), I have never or could never have imagined the amount of fear and and continual 24/7 anxiety (or one could also call adrenal rush), as the experience of going off Ambien and this combination of drugs would bring. I just wanted it out there, if I had the hindsight, even though my initial problem was days of insomnia, I would easily chose insomnia compared to the hell ride I have been through and still continue to go through.

This could be only subjective experience and an assumption, but I really have followed a lot of members experiences who were poly drugged and it does appear quite apparent.

I just wanted to comment on this, as I had a very different experience.

I took Ambien with lexapro and klonopin for many years. I stopped ambien cold turkey and had no ill effects except for some insomnia. I used benadryl. I tapered off lexapro in six weeks. That led to very difficult to manage depression but otherwise all okay. The benzo taper, well that I have not yet figured out. For me, this is horrendous. Everyone is different. I am sorry you are having such a hard time.

Hi NJStrength,

Thanks for your input. It indicates again how everybody reacts differently to medications. I wish you well and good health with your tapering.

Hi guys, i keep going back and forth with this dilemma :idiot:

I reinstalled celexa 5mg despite not being a big dose,it was activating that's why it was given with klonopin 0.5, which was a big mistake, as before  i cted paxil after 4 months and started having which I know now withdrawal sxs: crying spells and anxiety that I never had in my life, cortisol rushes which I mistaken as panic in the mornings.  The dr.  said it was a relapse ...Not.

I listened  even thou I felt it was not  right, I know this drug was addictive but didn't know what extent of hell  it can cause.

after some weeks , I started having sxs from K and reached tolerance, so I started tapering after 5 months bc I had to move and wasn't sure how to taper.... now Im more than have way and , since I tapered celexa first time and ct paxil I haven't sleep well to say the least, Surviving, told me to taper the ssri to preserve my sleep... but I didn't do that , Im so confused ... I wonder if its to late taper celexa or if its correct... I'm scared for my sleep and to take more drugs ...i know the lower i go I feel sleep is a challenge, so or its the ssri effects or regular BW, I do take natural things not always helps...  not sure what to do :'(

Hi Bonty,

I know you are trying to figure out how to proceed and we exchanged posts on the Klonipin Klub thread.  Can you post what doses and meds you are on now? I'm a little confused. 

I struggle with sleep too and it can be scary to think it will get worse but having a plan and going slow will help some with that.  It won't guarantee sleep but it won't shake your CNS so much if you move slowly.

Hi HF,

as i mentioned in my post 5mg celexa, 0.23k now from .5mg, which im still struggling with my last cut, breathless, wobbly legs and chest pains that come and go... this is exhausting... and I don't want to add more medication bc of sleep..from the side effects of celexa  idk anymore

It sounds like you need a break.  I dont know if you are holding for a bit but it sounds like your body needs to stabilize.  Is the Klonipin helping you sleep at this time?  I always have followed thr general guideline of tapering the most activating med first. 

But first, see if you can stabilize for a bit on order to make a clear decision.

yes I agree to hold anyway, it was a very difficult 2 weeks and trying to stabilize

thxs  HF for your replay  :)

You're welcome.  Hang in there.

thxs HF,  I don't sleep well, especially in hormone changes, if I get stressed, moody catastrophic , I  sleep less, but I do take supplements to help  what about you?

I reinstalled celexa 5mg despite not being a big dose,it was activating that's why it was given with klonopin 0.5, which was a big mistake, as before  i cted paxil after 4 months and started having which I know now withdrawal sxs: crying spells and anxiety that I never had in my life, cortisol rushes which I mistaken as panic in the mornings.  The dr.  said it was a relapse ...Not.

I listened  even thou I felt it was not  right, I know this drug was addictive but didn't know what extent of hell  it can cause.

after some weeks , I started having sxs from K and reached tolerance, so I started tapering after 5 months bc I had to move and wasn't sure how to taper.... now Im more than have way and , since I tapered celexa first time and ct paxil I haven't sleep well to say the least, Surviving, told me to taper the ssri to preserve my sleep... but I didn't do that , Im so confused ... I wonder if its to late taper celexa or if its correct... I'm scared for my sleep and to take more drugs ...i know the lower i go I feel sleep is a challenge, so or its the ssri effects or regular BW, I do take natural things not always helps...  not sure what to do :'(

Hi Bonty,

I know you are trying to figure out how to proceed and we exchanged posts on the Klonipin Klub thread.  Can you post what doses and meds you are on now? I'm a little confused. 

I struggle with sleep too and it can be scary to think it will get worse but having a plan and going slow will help some with that.  It won't guarantee sleep but it won't shake your CNS so much if you move slowly.

Hi HF,

as i mentioned in my post 5mg celexa, 0.23k now from .5mg, which im still struggling with my last cut, breathless, wobbly legs and chest pains that come and go... this is exhausting... and I don't want to add more medication bc of sleep..from the side effects of celexa  idk anymore

It sounds like you need a break.  I dont know if you are holding for a bit but it sounds like your body needs to stabilize.  Is the Klonipin helping you sleep at this time?  I always have followed thr general guideline of tapering the most activating med first. 

But first, see if you can stabilize for a bit on order to make a clear decision.

yes I agree to hold anyway, it was a very difficult 2 weeks and trying to stabilize

thxs HF,  I don't sleep well, especially in hormone changes, if I get stressed, moody catastrophic , I  sleep less, but I do take supplements to help  what about you?

My sleep isn't great.  Takes me a long time to fall asleep and that's even with taking a heavier dose of Klonopin at night. I wake up evwrunfew hours and it's a light sleep. 

I take a little Melatonin, between. 25 and .50 alike with some magnesium gylcinate between 100 and 150mgs.  I take breaks from then melatonin every few days. I'm trying to do some research on Glycine because I heard it helps with sleep.

Im also trying to accept that my sleep will be this way till I'm off or maybe lower and hold the intention that it will return when im.healed. 

I cant take Benadryl or antihistamines because I have the oppositnreaction.  If I could l, I wouldn't be on a benzo at this time. 

What supplements do you take for sleep?

Hi Bonty,

Hi HF,

My sleep isn't great.  Takes me a long time to fall asleep and that's even with taking a heavier dose of Klonopin at night. I wake up evwrunfew hours and it's a light sleep. 

I take a little Melatonin, between. 25 and .50 alike with some magnesium gylcinate between 100 and 150mgs.  I take breaks from then melatonin every few days. I'm trying to do some research on Glycine because I heard it helps with sleep.

Im also trying to accept that my sleep will be this way till I'm off or maybe lower and hold the intention that it will return when im.healed. 

I cant take Benadryl or antihistamines because I have the oppositnreaction.  If I could l, I wouldn't be on a benzo at this time. 

What supplements do you take for sleep?

I take mag. chelated glycine and also melatonin which only helps fall asleep not stay asleep,i tried cbd  it wasn't so strong ... also  take gravol which didn't take it yesterday so slept less...out of desperation tried trazodone  and some other  drug not only it wasn't working it made me feel so drugged and ill, so I probably sensitive to meds now which is also worrisome.... 

I was thinking of trying glycine.  Have you found helpful and donyo use capsule or powder?

I find it helpful, I take it in capsules...

Thanks Bonty.