Short term benzo users

[sn...]

[96...]

Hi guys, I got upset a while back and tried to leave. Well, I didn't do it right, so I'm still here. haha.

Anyway, just riding out this storm still. The mental is taking a hard toll on me. I just don't know how to keep living with 10+ hours of anxiety every day. It really does get better every month, but the endurance that it takes is just so much. I keep praying for some relief.

I hope everyone is finding healing. Hugs.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [me...]

• [...]

• [su...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fluffer.  I am really glad you got this one wrong haha.  10 hours a day is really tough.  I am living it too for sure.  We just have to keep going.  The time this is taking is just going way too slow. 

Thank you for checking in.  I am so very glad you stopped by.  Please do stay for a while.  There are a lot of people that love you on this forum!

Hugs to you!

Hi guys, I got upset a while back and tried to leave. Well, I didn't do it right, so I'm still here. haha.

Anyway, just riding out this storm still. The mental is taking a hard toll on me. I just don't know how to keep living with 10+ hours of anxiety every day. It really does get better every month, but the endurance that it takes is just so much. I keep praying for some relief.

I hope everyone is finding healing. Hugs.

You’ve helped a huge amount of people on this forum & we missed you.  I know it doesn’t feel like it but you are doing really well. 10+ hours as horrid as this sounds I would gladly swap you.  10+ hours & getting better every month- you are doing well, you are healing.  My anxiety is literally non stop at the moment: you are progressing. You have pattensv& tunes where you feel better & get some relief.  You will be ok Fluffer, you will heal. Just keep on going. Xxz

[96...]

Bess55, you are so sweet, I so appreciate your kind words. You guys all just make me cry! I guess it's the benzos and my sweet friends like you who cheer me on even as they too suffer.

I know that we are going to heal, Bess. It's so hard to wait! I feel for you - non-stop anxiety is horrid. Sending you so many healing hugs.

:hug:

Bess55, you are so sweet, I so appreciate your kind words. You guys all just make me cry! I guess it's the benzos and my sweet friends like you who cheer me on even as they too suffer.

I know that we are going to heal, Bess. It's so hard to wait! I feel for you - non-stop anxiety is horrid. Sending you so many healing hugs.

Thanks lovely - you’re a gem: I so appreciate your kind words & encouragement - it means a lot.  You will heal fluffer - you are well on your way. Is all going to be ok.

Bess, I’m so glad you jumped on this thread and really hope things are breaking for you, some sort of reprieve!

Fluffernutter!  Not gonna lie, it’s good to see you back (wish it were healed or in a wonderful run of a window—but good to see you nonetheless).  I went to check up on you via your email sometime last week but alas it was taken down in that thread, so I’m glad you are back for support and to help support our not so merry band of sufferers.

Shorties, this is so freaking hard.  I’m literally sitting in an imaging office waiting room right now, awaiting having an X-ray done because my back tightness and pain is off the charts.  My husband said you know it’s going to be normal, but I just can’t wrap my head around this, even still after 10 months of this on-off horror show I am in denial that this can possibly be withdrawal.  I’m living in this new baseline and it’s messing with me mentally just as strong, if not more, as the early days. I’m tired of crying every day. 

[96...]

Aw, sunshine, I am so sorry! I hope everything turns out ok.

My hormones have been off the charts weird this month, and it's putting me into mental wave after wave. I hope I get relief soon!!!

Hugs! :hug:

I'm alive.

It's all I can say.

Sending hugs to you all

Andie, xx

It’s enough, Andie.  Sometimes it’s all we need to do. 

Hugs in return!!!!

Hi people!

Sending hugs to all of you.  :smitten:

I went through a rough wave and now I'm kind of in a less severe one. The thing that's bothering me still is the internal shakes which come and go randomly when i'm at rest. And also I feel like the right side of my face is heavier and a bit more numb than my left one, specially near my eye and ear, has anyone also experienced this?

I'm alive.

It's all I can say.

Sending hugs to you all

Andie, xx

Glad to hear it Andie!!  Keep going.  You will be through this soon enough.

JBen021, you are too kind, brought tears to my eyes.

How are you doing these days?

Awwww.  I am actually doing pretty well.  Only one real wave this week. I truly see hope on the horizon.

I am so glad you explained what a fluffernutter was haha.  I have a cat too - a maine coon, 30lbs.  I looked it up when I first met you and it said something about peanut butter.

Thanks lovely! You are tops.  How are you doing? Yesterday I had symptoms by wayyyyy less mental ones - I kind of felt normal for a day.  Then I woke up this morning & slogged in a brutal wave,  oh well, onwards Tis all I can do,  I hope you are doing ok fluff.  Big love to you xxxx

Bess, I’m so glad you jumped on this thread and really hope things are breaking for you, some sort of reprieve!

Fluffernutter!  Not gonna lie, it’s good to see you back (wish it were healed or in a wonderful run of a window—but good to see you nonetheless).  I went to check up on you via your email sometime last week but alas it was taken down in that thread, so I’m glad you are back for support and to help support our not so merry band of sufferers.

Shorties, this is so freaking hard.  I’m literally sitting in an imaging office waiting room right now, awaiting having an X-ray done because my back tightness and pain is off the charts.  My husband said you know it’s going to be normal, but I just can’t wrap my head around this, even still after 10 months of this on-off horror show I am in denial that this can possibly be withdrawal.  I’m living in this new baseline and it’s messing with me mentally just as strong, if not more, as the early days. I’m tired of crying every day.

Thanks so much.  I really appreciate your kind words & support, thank you.  How are you going? I hope you are having an ok day :))

I'm alive.

It's all I can say.

Sending hugs to you all

Andie, xx

I hope you are doing ok.  I know that space well of just being alive,  keep going. Thus won’t last forever. 

Hey everyone, I was feeling pretty good the last few weeks and taking a break from the board. My daughter brought home a cold from school and I got it and it's set me back.  I took a cough suppressant last night and was up all night with a racing heart like I was back in acute.  Feeling pretty lonely and discouraged. 

Trendy, I think it's good to work out, even if it's a light walk.  It gets our mind off this process and makes our bodies healthier.  For a while I was losing a lot of weight and had to be careful but I think it was a net positive even if sometimes it ramped me up too much.

I totally get that feeling of discouragement.  Please don’t lose hope though.  This won’t last forever - you will heal.  You will lead a normal life again. 

Hello everyone.

The past few weeks have been agonizing for my body and soul. Some days we're somewhat "normal" - whatever that is supposed to mean. Hormones last month gave me major downers and physical ailments I wouldn't wish upon an enemy but I made it through. I expect the same to happen this month so I'm getting prepared. Eating clean food (I somehow managed a 180 and went back to leading an "unhealthy" lifestyle), drinking lots of water and mentally gearing myself for the next wave.

Sending love to you all

Andie, xx

Hey Andie.  Love hearing from you and wish it were under different circumstances.  It is true agony this hell we are going through.  I am so glad that you made it through and hope and pray the next one is much easier.

Eating clean, drinking water and pulling together your coping skills is a really good plan. Please also know you can come here every moment that you need support.  We will be here for you!

I send you positive vibes and millions of hugs.

Ben

Hey Andie.  Love hearing from you and wish it were under different circumstances.  It is true agony this hell we are going through.  I am so glad that you made it through and hope and pray the next one is much easier.

Eating clean, drinking water and pulling together your coping skills is a really good plan. Please also know you can come here every moment that you need support.  We will be here for you!

I send you positive vibes and millions of hugs.

Ben

Thank you, darling :) It really does mean a lot. I feel some improvement today - I'm going to enjoy this day the best I can. How are you holding up?

---

Everyone else, my lovelies, how are you?? I'm missing you all. <3

Andie, xx

Hi to y'all strong warriors! I wish you all are okay and standing :)

Hi JBen021, I'm glad to read you got some sort of improvement👏👍

I have had an awful last week :( I think It's mostly due to the fact that I had a chocolate cake twice because my parents celebrated their wedding anniversary and I thought it wouldn't affect me. I guessed wrong😑 My daily routine consists on:

- I wake up fine (almost no sxs)

- As the morning progresses I get the legs muscle vibrations activated.

- When having lunch they reach a peek of intensity and I also get really dizzy.

- After lunch and up until 7pm are the hours I feel worse :(

- Then after dinner I manage to get used to the sxs and I try to relax by reading.

The only thing keeping me with hope is that I get plenty of quality sleep and I get to have a good rest.

Throught the day I also have a strange sensation as if my whole brain was a computer reseting itself. I get like electric sensations all through my head and they feel really weird to explain, but I'm quite certain they're from the benzos because it doesn't feel remotely like anything I've ever experienced before.

My leg vibrations are by far the worst (like my legs are water and i feel the waves) along with the intrusive thoughts.

I'm praying for a window soon🥺 I'm on finals period and I want to pass my exams.

[96...]
Just wanted to say hi to you guys. Still in a wave - my longest yet (2 weeks). Praying for a break soon. In month 9 and really thought things might get easier mentally. Physically fine. Hugs.

Just wanted to say hi to you guys. Still in a wave - my longest yet (2 weeks). Praying for a break soon. In month 9 and really thought things might get easier mentally. Physically fine. Hugs.

Hey fluff,

Month 9 was super tough for me.  Hold on tight lovely you will heal through this.  You will heal ‘ you’re gonna be ok. Xxx

[96...]
Thanks, Bess. If I could have a good day - a whole day - I would be so happy. My windows are down to just a few hours at night. :-( I just want to function.

Thanks, Bess. If I could have a good day - a whole day - I would be so happy. My windows are down to just a few hours at night. :-( I just want to function.

It’s ok - it will happen. You will heal. I had my first ever all day window lady Thursday.  I’m bank I’m hell.  Your self talk is very very important.  You will be able to do this.  Just hold on tight. You will two. Month 9 was brutal for me.