Short term benzo users

[sn...]

[a0...]

sunshine75, I am so happy that you are feeling better! That is wonderful news! Thank you for your kind support. I know that you are right about the milestone post. I suspect it was a case of people not quite knowing what to say. It was one of those milestones like - well, I'm here but I am not sure how I feel about it. I think those who read it felt the same. lol.

I am also doing a bit better. I had some very rough days, but have finally learned how to use lyrica to help me. It's a tricky beast, and a last resort for sure. But so far, it has been a lifesaver. I am so grateful to have found a way to use it. I was not able to tolerate the smallest 25mg doses, the short half life was confusing my brain, and mentally it is a scary drug with a lot of horror stories.

That said, my brain was not figuring out how to control glutamate. I knew it needed some help after almost 9 months glued to my bed in terror day after day with a total of three, daytime windows in that time. 10mg doses throughout the day is what I finally found helped me. Five 10mg doses, dosed anywhere from 4-8 hours apart, used when I need it (usually every 4-5 hours in the day and not needed in the evening but dosed again before bed for consistency), has begun working marvelously. Will it last? No clue, but I hope so! When I started, I felt great, then not great, now great again, and all this through the hormone fall, which usually is a horror show!

Hugs shorties. I hope that you are all healing and that we will have success stories very soon.

:hug:

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [me...]

• [...]

• [su...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

My symptoms are all physical, today I have a headache, dizziness and also I feel the area around the eyes so tired.. is that common?

My symptoms are all physical, today I have a headache, dizziness and also I feel the area around the eyes so tired.. is that common?

Very much so, I'm afraid.

Sending hugs

Andie, xx

That sounds about right, EnzoIt.  So sorry.  It’s good to sometimes just get that validation even if it doesn’t help the pain.  Hang in there!

Hey shorties.  How are you all doing?

I am sitting here staring at a bottle of antibiotics, Cefpodoxime to be specific.  Seems I have an infection and this is supposed to make me feel better.  The fear I have of this bottle is overwhelming.  So my decision this morning is to take it and risk a setback or not take it and let a bacteria rage throughout my body.  Ugh.  I know I have to take it but my god this is not where I wanted to be right now.

Anyway.  Happy Saturday.  I wish you all speedy healing and positive vibes.

[a0...]
JBen, cephalosporins actually are supposed to help reset glutamate receptors. Studies were done on ceftriaxone and some on Augmetin as well, but I had even contemplated trying to take one for this reason! So, perhaps you will have a bump in healing with this one. Feel better friend.

Ugh JBen!  I hate that you are having to stare down a bottle of antibiotics.  Seriously the last thing to be worried about right now.  I am sending some extra energy your way that stands down any of your worry and that hopefully it works in a roundabout positive way (beyond killing the dreaded bacteria, of course, because that is important) like fluffernutter noted.  :smitten:

[a0...]
I forgot to mention - saccharomyces boulardii is a therapeutic yeast that can protect your gut. Very gentle! It’s even been studied in ICU patients to prevent c diff. Hang in there and feel better JBen!

I don’t understand if my symptoms are Xanax withdrawal or low blood pressure that I’m constantly having even though my blood pressure is normal usually. It could be related to Xanax? Because at this point I’m starting to think I’d feel better without taking it at all?

I don’t understand if my symptoms are Xanax withdrawal or low blood pressure that I’m constantly having even though my blood pressure is normal usually. It could be related to Xanax? Because at this point I’m starting to think I’d feel better without taking it at all?

EnzoIt,

Not sure what “it” you are referring to; are you still tapering down the Xanax?  I personally have experienced many blood pressure extremes and some mild tachycardia in withdrawal, particularly early on (I was put on a beta blocker during my destabilization period as well and have not yet begun any discussion of tapering off as I don’t feel healed from WD yet).  I have also read of many accounts of Buddies who have experienced such variations.  Blood pressure variations can also be very normal outside of withdrawal too. 

Sunshine I’m still tapering, but sometimes I just wonder if I don’t feel because of Xanax withdrawals or my low blood pressure. I know that Xanax lowers pressure so I can’t wait to finish this taper and see how it goes

EnzoIt, I wouldn’t be surprised if your low blood pressure issue was benzo related.  Once you are tapered off and give it some time, I’d imagine things will equalize again.  Of course, if it doesn’t seem to get better or you have concerns it’s not the benzo, it’s always prudent to just get medically checked out. 

Shorties,

Checking in to see how everyone is faring. 

I’m still plugging along in this “better” run.  I don’t know how to explain it other than neutral annoyance.  My sxs are not awful, but they are there enough to make me annoyed.  I did have a small, very uncomfortable wave two nights ago that I thought for sure was going to morph into another doozy, but other than giving me broken sleep that night and an hour before bed of “uh-oh, here we go,” it fizzled out by morning and I went back into this chronic low grade “meh.”  I will have some moments where it feels like things have completely lifted (these catch me off guard as it’s so wonderful and so darn normal feeling—I CANNOT WAIT), but they don’t last long.  I guess it still feels like a type of rapid cycling but it’s not so extreme like before, not so up and down like a few weeks ago, hence the chronic low grade meh feeling. 

I also feel like I’m waiting for things to fall apart again, to be plunged back into the abyss—which perhaps is to be expected given how unpredictable all of this process has been and, quite frankly, how traumatizing it is/has been.  It would be grand to know if this isn’t going to happen anymore.  I can deal with this current state, perhaps not indefinitely, but at least its livable and not torturous.  Yep, it’s just meh. 

Hugs my friends. 

I'm still in a horrible wave. Went walking with my daughter last night since she wanted to ride her scooter. Came back and my head was a mess. Felt so foggy, dizzy. I've never had this happen from simple walking.

Outside of being unable to exercise (which I am seriously afraid will ever resolve) I had a really good stretch over the last year. I felt 100% mentally during my birthday in May. I don't understand why I feel so much worse.

I will never forgive myself for taking this poison and not finding more docs to help safely taper me off. I can't keep living like this.

[a0...]

sunshine, it sounds like you are making progress - yay!!!

RKO, I know I've asked you this before, but have you had complete labs for hormones, thyroid, cortisol, standard labs, etc? This process is so hard on the HPA axis. It could be really valuable.

As for me, I am improving a little each day. It's just so darn slow. Tapering short-term use of lyrica, hoping not to get burned. So far, so good...

Hi everyone,

I haven't been active here because I'm busy nowadays and I wanted to avoid getting obsessed ovee checking this site.

Yesterday marked my 3 month benzo free mark! (4 since I started tappering) and to be honest I can't see an end to this. I haven't had a single window in what feels like 3 weeks and the severity of the symptoms really bugs me. Next week I'm getting the covid vaccine and I'm a bit scared not gonna lie.

My earlobe nerve pain is still going strong and the internal tremors have been there nonstop.

Any words of hope would be appreciated.

❤️❤️

I’m starting to notice I get nauseous and dizzy when I move my vision from closer things to farther things, like if I go closer to the mirror and then move away I feel “weird”. I notice also this way more when I’m outside of course, I just went out 10 Minutes and I had to get back because I was starting to feel nauseous and confused. Is this another symptom of benzo withdrawal?

I’m starting to notice I get nauseous and dizzy when I move my vision from closer things to farther things, like if I go closer to the mirror and then move away I feel “weird”. I notice also this way more when I’m outside of course, I just went out 10 Minutes and I had to get back because I was starting to feel nauseous and confused. Is this another symptom of benzo withdrawal?

Sounds possibly related to depersonalization/derealization. Which is a really common side effect during recovery. There can be all kinds of other weird eye issues too. I had Nystagmus (eye shaking) for a while.

I had dp/dr off and on, but I knew what it was. I’ve done a lot of psychedelics too when I was younger. So possibly it was easier for me to deal with. But it probably would have been harder if it was more constant.

It’s all cleared up for me now (as well as ALL the other symptoms I’ve had, and I pretty much had all of them at one point or another.) Just keep doing the best you can. I know it’s REALLY hard for all of you. You’ll will get there though.

Hello people❤️ How are you all feeling? It's been quite a while since I have updated and I just wanted to say hi!

I got my first vaccine dose last week and I felt terrible for 3 days. I think I got really unlucky cause my period came exactly the same day I got vaccinated and as if that pain wasn't enough I had 3 college exams so I'm feeling pretty exhausted.

My only current symptom is tremors. If I stay still I can see my arms vibrating at a low frequency. In a few days I start my holidays so I hope I can get some rest.

I still get the usual "is this really withdrawl I'm having?" and the "I'm never gonna recover" type of thoughts but I try not to let them dictate my actions.

Praying for a window soon☀️

[a0...]
Clarifying post - I am not providing medical advice. If you felt that I did, I apologize. Please check with you doctor on any medicine. I am not advising to do anything without the advice of your doctor.

Hello people❤️ How are you all feeling? It's been quite a while since I have updated and I just wanted to say hi!

I got my first vaccine dose last week and I felt terrible for 3 days. I think I got really unlucky cause my period came exactly the same day I got vaccinated and as if that pain wasn't enough I had 3 college exams so I'm feeling pretty exhausted.

My only current symptom is tremors. If I stay still I can see my arms vibrating at a low frequency. In a few days I start my holidays so I hope I can get some rest.

I still get the usual "is this really withdrawl I'm having?" and the "I'm never gonna recover" type of thoughts but I try not to let them dictate my actions.

Hi,

I hope you’re feeling ok. Sorry you are suffering,  what vaccine did you get? I hope you’re being kind to yourself.

:))

Hi,

I hope you’re feeling ok. Sorry you are suffering,  what vaccine did you get? I hope you’re being kind to yourself.

:))

Hi Bess55, I got Pfizer since my whole family has got this one.