The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

I think I do freak out, but I might not appear to be freaking out! So, it's all about acting! I know that some other BBs use the phrase "Fake it 'til you make it!" Other times, though, I just cry. I doubt that stifling that feeling is a good thing, so when I have to cry, I do.

You reminded me of that scene in "Young Frankenstein":

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/06/6e/6e/066e6ea3b282bc9e48c7bb57268d8f95.jpg

http://gpfarah.com/gpfarahcom/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Young_Frankenstein_Abnormal_Brain.jpg

[4d...]
Thank you Lapis2...and YouShookMe...funny stuff; my brain has been left in the depositary too long...I want it back

Listen, if my brain is in one of those containers, then perhaps they can take it apart and figure out what the heck is going on in there! It's messed up!

I would eat the creme out of the center of the oreo, but I would eat the cookie part too.  I loved to eat when I was a kid.  I also wanted the piece of cake that had the thickest icing on it--the part with all the flowers or the corners, etc.  My sister didn't like icing too much and I would take hers and eat that too.  I'd eat frosting out of a can all the time. 

I did all of those things too! Loved birthday cake and always got the flowers! Ate Duncan Hines chocolate frosting by the spoonful!

How about Nutella? I used a soup spoon and would empty a jar in under a week!

Diabetes runs in my family but my glucose test results have always been perfect. Lucky for this sugar fiend!

Never liked the nutella, but loved all other foods.  I'd mix peanut butter and maple syrup and eat that as a snack.  Ate Reese's Peanut Butter cups until I started to gag. 

Never liked the nutella, but loved all other foods.  I'd mix peanut butter and maple syrup and eat that as a snack.  Ate Reese's Peanut Butter cups until I started to gag.

:laugh:

I think we were separated at birth. I gobble Reese's Peanut Butter cups! Can't eat 'em fast enough.

Peanut butter and maple syrup sounds positively gross, but will try it.

How many teeth do you have?

[32...]

Hi all!Lapis,I am back to a good #10 today on the dizzy scale.I feel so special to be a #10 once more!Always way worse in the mornings for some reason.I do what you do and fake normal as much as I can.I think the only thing good about this ordeal is,I have noticed there is an actress I never knew hiding in me!Faking the walking part is a bit harder though,still walk like Otis the town drunk on Andy Griffith!

Becks,I love birthday cake too,but not too much frosting,like you can have the flowers and puffed up frosting sections on my slice!There's like this perfect balance of just the right amount of frosting and cake.

Did any of your moms put frosting on graham crackers when you were kids?Many times it was homemade!We drank a lot of Kool-Aid too.

Gosh,I miss childhood! :laugh:

I wish we could empty our brains of debris everyday like the canister on a vacuum cleaner.Right into the trash and start over fresh and all is well again!

Hi hardtocope!It is hard to handle this everyday,so we fake it and make jokes.So when people get nuts over this they can always hang around here with us!  :laugh:

Hi all!Lapis,I am back to a good #10 today on the dizzy scale.I feel so special to be a #10 once more!Always way worse in the mornings for some reason.I do what you do and fake normal as much as I can.I think the only thing good about this ordeal is,I have noticed there is an actress I never knew hiding in me!Faking the walking part is a bit harder though,still walk like Otis the town drunk on Andy Griffith!

Becks,I love birthday cake too,but not too much frosting,like you can have the flowers and puffed up frosting sections on my slice!There's like this perfect balance of just the right amount of frosting and cake.

Did any of your moms put frosting on graham crackers when you were kids?Many times it was homemade!We drank a lot of Kool-Aid too.

Gosh,I miss childhood! :laugh:

I wish we could empty our brains of debris everyday like the canister on a vacuum cleaner.Right into the trash and start over fresh and all is well again!

Hi hardtocope!It is hard to handle this everyday,so we fake it and make jokes.So when people get nuts over this they can always hang around here with us!  :laugh:

Ah, my dear 2200, you're definitely a 10 out of 10 in my books! A top-quality gal! Darn right! But I'm so sorry to hear about another dizzy day. What in tarnation???? Not fair. Not fair at all. I'm sure many of us will be nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the next Oscars. In advance of that, I'm think we'll need to start our dress shopping now. I mean, why wait?  ;D

Apparently, we all grew up eating tons o' sugar. Perhaps we can blame all of our woes on that. Perhaps early sugar consumption leads to benzo use later on, which then leads to eventual withdrawal, then dizziness, then some serious craziness as one tries to keep oneself sane.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love your vacuum cleaner idea! Perfect. We'd have to remember to clean our filters regularly, though. It's all part of regular brain maintenance, doncha know!

I don't know how you dames do it. In high heels no less. Y'all get a 10!  :)

http://curitibainenglish.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/1950s-American-housewife.jpg

Right, only the best!

How are you doing today, hardtocope? Making it through the day? Eating mixed nuts or sugary cereal or, perhaps, some healthy food instead?!

[4d...]
Thanks for asking Lapis2....ate some unhealthy chicken strips with french fries...going to pay dearly...having some odd tongue and hand feelings today-oh joy...but trying to hang on...hope you are well...mm cereal.

But I think you said you're not too dizzy or anything, right? I was just looking at your signature, and it looks like you had lots of changes in what you were taking, including benzos and SSRIs.

[4d...]
No dizziness yet....initially when I had my panic attack leading to this nightmare, I had some but no...I have mental akathisia from the Lexapro...today, odd tongue feelings...just ridiculous amount of agony....notice YouShookMeAllNightLong's new profile picture-the cocktail nuts...lol

I"m not familiar with "mental akathisia". What is it?

And yes, of course, Shook is on the ball with updated photos. He loves a theme!

Hey HTC, is it tingling you feel on your tongue and hands? Just yesterday the tip of my nose started tingling... It's probably just anxiety and will go away in a couple of days. It's not MS!! Stay away from that Dr. Google. He got his medical license somewhere in Mexico.

Anyway, you gotta eat better to feel better. I know we were just talking about gorging on sweets, but the truth is today I had oatmeal topped with plain yogurt and banana slices, and sardines with tofu and scallions for lunch. Dinner will be similarly bland but healthy and will treat myself to some cashews as a snack later on.

Try to stay away from heavily processed foods. Eat fresh, whole foods like fruits and veggies. You'll feel better just for making the switch (instead of regret and heartburn after chicken strips and fries), and who knows, it may help with symptoms such as your cognitive fog.

Yeah I like to refresh my avatar. Speaking of which, is that your dog HTC?

Laps,

You mentioned a BB member who went to New York to investigate that MdDS treatment. How did the story end?

Hey Shook,

My understanding is that she didn't have any change in her symptoms, but the doctor said he thought her dizziness would go away.