The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

[59...]

2200, check it out!

That's a hoot!I have to admit I still know the words to the Freakie song they sang on the commercials!It sort of stuck in my head all these years!Now that we have talked about it,it will be playing in my head the rest of the day! :laugh:

Lapis,frosted corn flakes are pretty good too!

I will remember the ginger tea,and peppermint,I always forget about those,even though I have some in the cupboard!

Hardtocope,nice to know a fellow Captain Crunch lover!

Yes ,all that lovely sugar,and we all still hopefully have our teeth!Maybe a few fillings as reminders of those fun kid breakfast days of old.

Shook and Lapis,can't you get most of these cereals in Canada if you wanted?

Hey 2200, I can't weigh in on what's available in the cereal aisle here, because I just don't go there these days. I'm an oatmeal gal now, and I mostly shop in natural food stores for grain-type things. I think the cereal aisle is pretty crazy there too, but there's much less silliness and sugar. I assure you, though, I have numerous fillings, thanks to my childhood diet. No more, thank you! Gave that stuff up ages ago! Let's hope my teeth will last. It's impossible to get to the dentist when one is dizzy. Has anyone gone to the dentist lately?

My molars all have "safe" mercury fillings, but it was worth it! You're only a kid once!

Lapis, I've been eating a lot of oatmeal too lately. I get the variety pack with all the sugar added. The brown sugar one's the best!  :thumbsup:

Hey, that reminds me, did anyone else add spoons of brown sugar to their Rice Krispies? Or was that my family's sweet, tooth-rotting invention? I loved scraping the lumps off the bottom of the bowl and finally drinking the brown milk! I'm sure you're grossed out!

We still have all those cereals up here. But I remember years ago, sugary kid's cereals were in a sales slump and there was even talk of them being discontinued cuz the country was on a health kick, or so the media was saying...

Luckily that insanity passed and good-hearted children everywhere can enjoy bowls of sugar as "part of their complete breakfast!".

[59...]

My molars all have "safe" mercury fillings, but it was worth it! You're only a kid once!

Lapis, I've been eating a lot of oatmeal too lately. I get the variety pack with all the sugar added. The brown sugar one's the best!  :thumbsup:

Hey, that reminds me, did anyone else add spoons of brown sugar to their Rice Krispies? Or was that my family's sweet, tooth-rotting invention? I loved scraping the lumps off the bottom of the bowl and finally drinking the brown milk! I'm sure you're grossed out!

We still have all those cereals up here. But I remember years ago, sugary kid's cereals were in a sales slump and there was even talk of them being discontinued cuz the country was on a health kick, or so the media was saying...

Luckily that insanity passed and good-hearted children everywhere can enjoy bowls of sugar as "part of their complete breakfast!".

That is hilarious Shook :laugh:

I never used brown sugar on Rice Krispies,but hey,you got something way cool there you can teach your kids some day!I think family tradition is so important to pass on!

You guys are so good about oatmeal for breakfast!

Does chocolate chip oatmeal cookies count?Then I'm in!

[59...]

We put pure cane sugar, butter, and cinnamon on toast then toasted it...not so much the brown

Yes,cinnamon toast!!!Loved that!

My mom made that for us!

[59...]

How about brown sugar over butter on toast? OMG I loved that as a kid.

The world would be a much happier place if everyone gave up benzos for brown sugar!!! :smitten:

lol We sure ate well didn't we?

I learned to eat healthy while living in Japan. Breakfast usually consisted of some fish, a bowl of rice with optional raw egg mixed in, miso soup, and some pickled vegetables.

The only American cereals at the supermarket were Rice Krispies and Cocoa Rice Krispies. They did have the Quaker oatmeal variety pack though, so it wasn't complete culture shock!

Don't have kids, but got a 2-year-old nephew and a niece on the way! It'll depend on my stern sister-in-law if family tradition dies with me and my brother.  :laugh:

[59...]

Rolling Stones" Brown Sugar!" :laugh:

My dog is the color of brown sugar in case anyone cares! :laugh:Ok I'll shut up!

lol We sure ate well didn't we?

I learned to eat healthy while living in Japan. Breakfast usually consisted of some fish, a bowl of rice with optional raw egg mixed in, miso soup, and some pickled vegetables.

The only American cereals at the supermarket were Rice Krispies and Cocoa Rice Krispies. They did have the Quaker oatmeal variety pack though, so it wasn't complete culture shock!

Don't have kids, but got a 2-year-old nephew and a niece on the way! It'll depend on my stern sister-in-law if family tradition dies with me and my brother.  :laugh:

Shook,

That's so interesting about the Japanese breakfast. I'd do well there, I'm sure. For me, the rice would have to be brown, yet I do believe they most often use the white kind there. The rest is perfect!

Rolling Stones" Brown Sugar!" :laugh:

My dog is the color of brown sugar in case anyone cares! :laugh:Ok I'll shut up!

I kid you not, 2200, my last cat had a scent like brown sugar. He happened to be light brown. Miss that little guy.

You're right about the rice in Japan, Lapis. It's white and glutinous/clumpy for making sushi, rice balls, and general ease of eating with chopsticks. I don't think I ever saw brown rice now that you mention it!

Sad to hear that, Shook. The brown rice so much better! More nutritious, more filling, tastier -- better all around. But that's just my opinion.

Hi Everyone,

I just came across this study called "Current insights in noise-induced hearing loss: a literature review of the underlying mechanism, pathophysiology, asymmetry, and management options". There's a mention of dizziness too.

It states, "Recent epidemiology and animal studies have provided further insight into the pathophysiology, clinical findings, social and economic impacts of noise-induced hearing loss. Furthermore, it is recently shown that acoustic trauma is associated with vestibular dysfunction, with associated dizziness that is not always measurable with current techniques."

It's interesting that they say that the current techniques can't always measure certain kinds of dizziness. I think some of us who have had our test results come back "negative" might concur.

Here's the abstract:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28535812

The only brown rice I had was white rice that I covered in soy sauce. I'll never forget the look of horror, yes horror, on a Japanese coworker's face when I did it.

Mortified by my barbarian ways, she stared at the spoiled virginity of the rice and grimly said,

"black rice". lol

I used lots of soy sauce on all my chinese food and even Japanese food here in the states.  Can't eat white rice without with chinese food.  Does anyone remember Lucky Charms?  They had colored marshmallows pieces in it.  I'd pick out the sweet marshmallows and eat them and then didn't want the rest of the bland cereal. 

Lucky Charms were probably my fave as a kid cuz it was just packed with marshmallows!

Becksblue, were you the kid who also ate the icing out of the Oreos and put the cookies back in the box?  :nono:  ;)

Hi All,

How are all the dizzy folks today? I've been very dizzy today, yet I was in a situation where I had to pretend I was okay-ish. I'm wasn't. I did try, though, and I think I pulled it off alright. ARGH! It's crazy-making!  :sick:

Is everyone else hanging in there? Hope so!  :)

[3b...]
Holding on but troubles with brain feeling off...thanks Lapis2...glad you made it through your situation today

Hi hardtocope,

I'm thinking we could remove our brains, get 'em fixed and then re-insert them at a later day. I'd love a day off from all of this!  ;D