Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

In the interest of good health, I'm going to have to be oatmeal. I need sustenance and vitamins in order to heal. And teeth!  :)

In the interest of good health, I'm going to have to be oatmeal. I need sustenance and vitamins in order to heal. And teeth!  :)

Like abcd, add cinnamon (helps keep your sugar levels constant), coconut oil (said to be good saturated fat for brain health), and raw honey (cuz it tastes good).  :thumbsup:

Maple syrup, please! I'm Canadian! But yes to the cinnamon. I'm not so sure about the coconut oil, though. Um...might choose walnuts or almonds instead. But thanks anyway! So kind of you to offer!

:laugh:

How could I forget? We supply the world with 70% of its maple syrup!

It was fun going to supermarkets in Japan and seeing bottles of syrup from "Hicksville", Quebec. Occasionally I'd hold a bottle and weep gently, feeling homesick... Employees would ask if I was ok.  :'(

Nice pic! I brought that exact thing as a gift to someone in Europe, just in case they hadn't tried it. Yummo!

Maple-mustard salmon or chicken are delightful. Highly recommended. Almost works as a cure for dizziness, but.....not quite.  ::)

[b5...]

:laugh:

How could I forget? We supply the world with 70% of its maple syrup!

It was fun going to supermarkets in Japan and seeing bottles of syrup from "Hicksville", Quebec. Occasionally I'd hold a bottle and weep gently, feeling homesick... Employees would ask if I was ok.  :'(

:laugh: :laugh:

[b5...]

Maple syrup, please! I'm Canadian! But yes to the cinnamon. I'm not so sure about the coconut oil, though. Um...might choose walnuts or almonds instead. But thanks anyway! So kind of you to offer!

Sorry to bring the conversation back to ''brown sugar",but I love it in oatmeal.Then,I can get the oatmeal down,no problem!

Why does oatmeal always taste better in cookies???

Nice pic! I brought that exact thing as a gift to someone in Europe, just in case they hadn't tried it. Yummo!

Maple-mustard salmon or chicken are delightful. Highly recommended. Almost works as a cure for dizziness, but.....not quite.  ::)

That sounds delicious! What kind of mustard do you use?

Sorry to bring the conversation back to ''brown sugar",but I love it in oatmeal.Then,I can get the oatmeal down,no problem!

My dad eats plain oatmeal, and creme of wheat!

Ever try plain quinoa? Gross. It really tastes like an "ancient grain"!

Oatmeal cookies with raisins dipped in milk rock.  :thumbsup:

[b5...]

My dad eats plain oatmeal, and creme of wheat!

Ever try plain quinoa? Gross. It really tastes like an "ancient grain"!

Oatmeal cookies with raisins dipped in milk rock.  :thumbsup:

How can he eat it plain?I would feel like Mr.Ed . :)

Oh he adds boiling water for flavor!

My dad grew up poor and has kept his tastes simple. He eats toast all the time. lol

That sounds delicious! What kind of mustard do you use?

Dijon, of course, from the natural food store. Dee-lishoos!

Shook, I always used to like hearing Polock jokes.  I wonder they always were about polocks being stupid, when it's a known fact that Polish people are quite intelligent?  My father was mensa eligible according to his Army Intelligence test results and I used to have an IQ of 130 before these stupid pills ruined me. 

Hi to all my dizzy friends.

I haven't visited you for over a month. Last time I was on I was just ending month 41 and had made an apptment to see a neurologist. Now I'm just beginning month 43 and I finished all the tests which consisted of 4 MRI's and 8 blood tests.  Guess what, there is nothing wrong with me.  My neurologist

was very sceptical at first. She didn't believe that I could still be suffering from withdrawal this long, but by the time we finished everything I think she did believe me.  She did say that at least I know it's not something else. I gave her a copy of the Ashton Manual and she seemed very pleased. She said she would definitely read it.

Otherwise, I'm basically suffering from 3 major things. The ataxia, better known as boaty or drunken sailor walk. Like all of you, it varies in severity on a scale of 1 to 10. If I get enough sleep I can usually pull a 4or 5, but if I don't get much sleep then the ataxia jumps to an 8 or 9.  I'm able to drive without a problem, just have diffuculty walking very far without some support like a wall or railing. 

The second thing is burning shins and pain in legs. Here again it varies in degrees and usually gets bad at night when I want to sleep. I'm taking Tramadol and Lyrica for the pain. I've reduced the Lyrica

from 150mg down to 50mg. Want to get off eventually. Lyrica has some bad side effects at the higher doses, so would rather have the pain.

The third thing is sleeping problems. I do sleep usually, but I just sleep at crazy times. I don't get sleepy until 2 or 3 am, then I'll sleep for 2 hrs and then wake up. Sometimes I can go back to sleep right away and sometimes I'm awake for an hr or more. I do the asleep wake-up cycle until noon or later.  I try to not get up until I've had at least 6 hrs sleep. I'm trying to adjust this but it's difficult.

I have improved some in that I used to not go to sleep until 4 am and not get up till 3 pm. So I think gradually this will work itself out.  I'm grateful that at least I can sleep now.

I feel I'm getting better but just very slowly. I've been trying to do more things like go out to dinner or see a movie. Next I think I will try to go back to the gym. I can walk on the treadmill at a slow pace &

use the weight machines. I need to get my strength back and lose 30lbs.

Best wishes to all of you and I hope your dizziness goes away soon.

Korbe

Hi Korbe,

Thanks so much for coming back and sharing your story here! Four MRIs and eight blood tests represents a very thorough check-up. That's quite courageous of you! I'm not a fan of either of those tests, so the fact that you underwent so many is extraordinary! Were all of the MRIs of your head? Why did they need to do so many of each kind of test?

I was pleased to read that you've eliminated any other possible explanation for your dizziness. That must be a huge relief to you.

I can relate well to the leg pain, and in my case, I know it's a direct result of the dizziness. The muscles are forced to work in strange ways due to the internal forces and the awkward gait patterns. It's inevitable. What did the doctor think about those two medications that you're taking?

It's great that you're getting out to do some things and keeping up the walking. Fantastic!

[b5...]

Hi to all my dizzy friends.

I haven't visited you for over a month. Last time I was on I was just ending month 41 and had made an apptment to see a neurologist. Now I'm just beginning month 43 and I finished all the tests which consisted of 4 MRI's and 8 blood tests.  Guess what, there is nothing wrong with me.  My neurologist

was very sceptical at first. She didn't believe that I could still be suffering from withdrawal this long, but by the time we finished everything I think she did believe me.  She did say that at least I know it's not something else. I gave her a copy of the Ashton Manual and she seemed very pleased. She said she would definitely read it.

Otherwise, I'm basically suffering from 3 major things. The ataxia, better known as boaty or drunken sailor walk. Like all of you, it varies in severity on a scale of 1 to 10. If I get enough sleep I can usually pull a 4or 5, but if I don't get much sleep then the ataxia jumps to an 8 or 9.  I'm able to drive without a problem, just have diffuculty walking very far without some support like a wall or railing. 

The second thing is burning shins and pain in legs. Here again it varies in degrees and usually gets bad at night when I want to sleep. I'm taking Tramadol and Lyrica for the pain. I've reduced the Lyrica

from 150mg down to 50mg. Want to get off eventually. Lyrica has some bad side effects at the higher doses, so would rather have the pain.

The third thing is sleeping problems. I do sleep usually, but I just sleep at crazy times. I don't get sleepy until 2 or 3 am, then I'll sleep for 2 hrs and then wake up. Sometimes I can go back to sleep right away and sometimes I'm awake for an hr or more. I do the asleep wake-up cycle until noon or later.  I try to not get up until I've had at least 6 hrs sleep. I'm trying to adjust this but it's difficult.

I have improved some in that I used to not go to sleep until 4 am and not get up till 3 pm. So I think gradually this will work itself out.  I'm grateful that at least I can sleep now.

I feel I'm getting better but just very slowly. I've been trying to do more things like go out to dinner or see a movie. Next I think I will try to go back to the gym. I can walk on the treadmill at a slow pace &

use the weight machines. I need to get my strength back and lose 30lbs.

Best wishes to all of you and I hope your dizziness goes away soon.

Korbe

Hi Korbe!So glad you let us know how you are doing,and the tests you had!I am so glad they didn't find anything,and it is just benzo stuff.A relief it must be it's not something else,but not with the symptoms you still have.

I am so glad you mentioned the boaty/drunken sailor walk goes from low to high in severity day by day.As time goes by that is what I am finding is happening to me too.Good/very bad days with no rhyme or reason to it!

Korbe,are you still having much anxiety?I was wondering because you mentioned getting out more and doing things,so I wondered if that has gone.

I am so glad you are doing better Korbe,come back and visit when you can! :)

Shook, I always used to like hearing Polock jokes.  I wonder they always were about polocks being stupid, when it's a known fact that Polish people are quite intelligent?  My father was mensa eligible according to his Army Intelligence test results and I used to have an IQ of 130 before these stupid pills ruined me. 

Ruined? If you were ruined you wouldn't be able to express an intelligent thought, which obviously you can. Your confidence is shaken is all. Happens to everyone.

One day your confidence will be restored, and you'll be back to laughing at the absurdity of Polock jokes and the stupid people who tell them!

Anyway, truly stupid people are from Newfoundland, Canada! Lapis will confirm this.  :laugh:  ;)

Absolutely not. Love 'em to bits! Anyway, I'm not a fan of disparaging jokes. Sorry. Can't play along on that one.

An Ontarian, an Albertan, and a Newfoundlander are running from the cops. They run into an alley and see a pile of sacks, which they decide to hide in. The cops follow them into the alley and kick the bag with the Ontarian in it. The Ontarian goes "meow!" and the cops go "Ah, it's just a bag full of cats." They kick the bag with the Albertan in it, and he goes "woof!" and they're like, "OK, dog in a bag, whatever." Then they kick the bag with the Newfoundlander in it, and he goes "potato!"  ;)

Korbe, it's good those tests your neurologist ran were negative, but it doesn't always mean the tests were exhaustive, as in, they checked you for everything.  Were any of the MRI's functional showing brain activity?  Did the doc run any autoantibody tests or screen you for autoantibody responses in your brain and body?  Did he run an ANA, anti-nuclear antibody, screening test?  Some people on here have autoantibodies the docs found attacking their brains and bodies and causing inflammation.  If you're having symptoms then something is wrong and the docs aren't running the right tests.  It's not normal to have withdrawals symptoms that are so severe that you need to see a neurologist and get blood tests and brain scans.

Becks, at a certain point you have to just accept that it's the drug that's to blame. It sounds like Korbe ran the gauntlet as far as tests go...