The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

Okay, good, sounds like you have a plan and some serious motivation to keep you going! I wish you all the best, Shook.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Laps! Can I call you Laps?

By the by, I'd been meaning to ask why you chose that doggie as your avatar... Any special reason?

Hi Shook,

"Laps" is fine. I chose my lovely avatar because he's (almost) lapis blue, he's supremely cute, and because I can't have a dog as long as I'm a dizzy dame. Instead, I can have a cartoon dog! I wish he was smiling, but hey, I love him as he is. The artist who created him has various other versions of him (on a motorcycle, at the beach, on a flying carpet, etc.), and I saved a bunch of them. I thought I might want to change my pic from time to time, but for now, I think this guy is perfect.

So there you have it!

[9a...]

Hi Shook,

"Laps" is fine. I chose my lovely avatar because he's (almost) lapis blue, he's supremely cute, and because I can't have a dog as long as I'm a dizzy dame. Instead, I can have a cartoon dog! I wish he was smiling, but hey, I love him as he is. The artist who created him has various other versions of him (on a motorcycle, at the beach, on a flying carpet, etc.), and I saved a bunch of them. I thought I might want to change my pic from time to time, but for now, I think this guy is perfect.

So there you have it!

I am so glad Shook asked you about your avatar Lapis.I was always wondering that myself!That dog is so cute!You sound like a dog lover,and that is awesome!I hope someday you will get your balance back and can get a dog.Maybe one you can put in a basket on your bike,while you are tooting around enjoying the day!  :)

Yes, I've already thought of names for dogs! But the truth is, once I'm better, I'm going to want to be OUT all the time! I've been IN (stuck, housebound, limited) for such a long time that I wouldn't want to rush home after work to feed or walk a dog. I know dogs require a lot of time, energy, attention and money, and I couldn't commit to something like that. So, I might just have to meet all of the neighbourhood dogs and make friends with them instead of having my own.

In the meantime, here are some pics of my fave lapis blue dog and his pals:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsz6bokkq01qk6b9wo1_1280.jpg

http://p8cdn4static.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_99864/Image/Classrooms/Highland%20Art/Artists%20for%20All/fourformardigras2011.jpg

[9a...]

Lapis,those dog pics are so cool!I wonder what kind of dogs they are?They sort of look like Corgis?

I wouldn't mind taking a couple of those lapis blue pups home to play with my dog! :)

Yes, 2200, I was thinking the same thing: Blue Corgis! The Queen loves Corgis, I believe, but I'm not sure what she'd think of this blue variety. I love 'em, though! I think there are some Blue Dog Cafes here and there, so perhaps we can all meet there one day.  :)

That dog's eyes are hypnotizing!

If not a dog, why not get a cat? They're pretty low maintenance. Dogs are more affectionate (sometimes aggressively so!) but also need lots in return which requires energy. And cats don't bark or yap. They just quietly curl up next to you in bed. Yes, I've had three cats.  :)

You should contact the artist and commission a painting of that dog in a Wizard of Oz setting as Toto!

I think, for now, I have to be a non-pet dizzy dame. I do, however, try to take care of my house plants and chat with them every once awhile. Unfortunately, my anthurium plant isn't happy at all, and it's time to say goodbye. If anyone has a suggestion for a low-maintenance house plant (just a small one), then let me know!

How are all the dizzy BBs today? Everyone hanging in there okay? I've got a 7, which is better than yesterday's 8, but my legs and feet are in rough shape from the wacky walking.  :(

Cactus?

Do you get "windows" Lapis? Or maybe it depends on the symptom if you do or not. Some talk about feeling better for a string of days, then are set back again.

Hey Shook, I get less dizzy days, like today. A 6 or a 7 is a good thing for me compared to an 8 or a 9. Those are really intense. I tend to get an every-other-day pattern a lot of the time, where it's worse one day and better the next. I do get two bad days in a row, but for whatever reason, I don't get two good days in a row. That would be an amazing gift from the universe! Perhaps my feet and legs would have a chance to settle down from the intense pain caused by trying not to fall when walking.

I understand that this better/worse pattern is quite common around here, so apparently, I'm in good company. I think other dizzy BBs have strange patterns as well. The bottom line is that it's not linear at all.

Hey Shook, I get less dizzy days, like today. A 6 or a 7 is a good thing for me compared to an 8 or a 9. Those are really intense. I tend to get an every-other-day pattern a lot of the time, where it's worse one day and better the next. I do get two bad days in a row, but for whatever reason, I don't get two good days in a row. That would be an amazing gift from the universe! Perhaps my feet and legs would have a chance to settle down from the intense pain caused by trying not to fall when walking.

I understand that this better/worse pattern is quite common around here, so apparently, I'm in good company. I think other dizzy BBs have strange patterns as well. The bottom line is that it's not linear at all.

That's so hard for my linear-thinking mind to accept. Best not to think about it!

Anyway, I want you and the others to know that you're really helping to keep my morale up.

I'm struggling with other issues not stated in my signature. The benzo withdrawal has been the cherry on the sundae, so to speak.

My family can't understand. They know I'm in pain because I tell them...but because I look fine and dashingly handsome, it's quickly forgotten and the conversation turns to banalities with me just listening and thinking, "I'm living minute-to-minute here, and you're telling me that you got a pair of pants hemmed yesterday and they fit well. Kill me now."

I won't get mushy, I'll just say that I'm glad to have found this place, but I hope to hell we can all leave here soon.

[9a...]

That's so hard for my linear-thinking mind to accept. Best not to think about it!

Anyway, I want you and the others to know that you're really helping to keep my morale up.

I'm struggling with other issues not stated in my signature. The benzo withdrawal has been the cherry on the sundae, so to speak.

My family can't understand. They know I'm in pain because I tell them...but because I look fine and dashingly handsome, it's quickly forgotten and the conversation turns to banalities with me just listening and thinking, "I'm living minute-to-minute here, and you're telling me that you got a pair of pants hemmed yesterday and they fit well. Kill me now."

I won't get mushy, I'll just say that I'm glad to have found this place, but I hope to hell we can all leave here soon.

That was so nice to say about everybody here Shook.But you are helping here more then you know too!I know I have laughed a whole lot more because of your fun sense of humor,and I think you have a gift for making people laugh.The Gilligan's Island, Ginger and Marianne's coconut pies, still make me laugh when I think about it!

It is good to have you on board Shook! :thumbsup:

Yes, Shook, I second that emotion. Also, I think we can all relate to what you're saying. I always have that split mind where one part is saying, "Help! Let me out of here!" and the other part is talking about the weather or the news (which is brutal right now) or some other thing. I know others don't really understand. How could they? But a little empathy would be much appreciated.

Actually, I'm bawling as I write this. It's been a painful day, albeit less dizzy. I've got accumulated muscle pain from numerous dizzy days like yesterday. When one is on a magic carpet ride/magic boat ride, the muscles are working like crazy to figure out what the heck is going on. Mine are screaming right now! If they could talk, they'd say, "@$*^" and "!$^%" and a few other things that you people with virgin ears and eyes can't handle. So I'll keep this polite and family-friendly! Suffice to say, it's not pleasant.

I also understand the desire for linear, logical healing. We all want it REAL BAD! But that's not what this particular amusement park ride is all about. And so.....well, we keep each other company, and we laugh when we can, and we cry when we need to. Hopefully, we'll come out the other end of the tunnel sometime REAL SOON.

Let it be soon for one and all.  :smitten:

Lapis,

somehow, while bawling in pain, you manage to compose these wonderful and grammatically correct messages with nary a punctuation error, that flow like ink from a fountain pen.  :)

Lapis,

somehow, while bawling in pain, you manage to compose these wonderful and grammatically correct messages with nary a punctuation error, that flow like ink from a fountain pen.  :)

Actually, I had to put the fountain pen away for awhile because I was getting ink all over my hand (the curse of the left-handed ink smear), but my fancy-shmancy computer seems to work quite well.  ;)

Hello! I wondered if anyone got well from th boaty feeling? I feel so awful for 3 months. Cant use the computer long. Been off meds 17 months. This is so severe.

Hi Jenn13,

Yes, the boatiness goes away! It's another benzodiazepine withdrawal symptom, and like the rest, it should go away. We've had people drop in here on their journeys, and then at some point, they're gone. If you read the Success Stories, you'll see that lots of people have terrible withdrawals, and then.....eventually....it ends. Please stay hopeful! You're welcome to join us here if you need some company and support.

One thing to keep in mind is that those who are well tend not to stick around. They're off living their lives. Of course, that's a great thing! But it means that we don't necessarily hear from the post-dizziness folks too much.

Take care and keep the faith!

Hey BBs,

Check out this meditation video for people in withdrawal:

I find it helpful and cathartic to listen to. It's designed to relax you so listen to it before bed!  :thumbsup:

Hi Jenn13,

Yes, the boatiness goes away! It's another benzodiazepine withdrawal symptom, and like the rest, it should go away. We've had people drop in here on their journeys, and then at some point, they're gone. If you read the Success Stories, you'll see that lots of people have terrible withdrawals, and then.....eventually....it ends. Please stay hopeful! You're welcome to join us here if you need some company and support.

One thing to keep in mind is that those who are well tend not to stick around. They're off living their lives. Of course, that's a great thing! But it means that we don't necessarily hear from the post-dizziness folks too much.

Thanks so much! It is crazy how the boaty dizzy weak leg feeling comes and just won't leave me yet. I cant wait. I feel like when it does I can handle the other things. I am just so worn out. How long have you been suffering with this symptom? Is there anything to do for it? I cant even ride in a car to go to a doctor even if I wanted lol.

Last week I had no sxs and the wavey boaty symptoms I couldn't feel. Then I started to get sxs and the wavey on a boat feelings came back are now the worse they have ever been. I didn't notice them before while shopping etc but now I'm feel them everywhere. Like being rocked backwards and forwards. I have only 2.25mg of Valium to taper and this new side effect which is the worst by far seems to be getting worse. I'm guessing not much will help but getting off the rest of the benzo and my system adjusting which could take some time. Do people find waves or other sxs correlate with the dizziness , wavey etc ?

Hi Jenn13,

Thanks so much! It is crazy how the boaty dizzy weak leg feeling comes and just won't leave me yet. I cant wait. I feel like when it does I can handle the other things. I am just so worn out. How long have you been suffering with this symptom? Is there anything to do for it? I cant even ride in a car to go to a doctor even if I wanted lol.

Hi Jenn13,

Some of our dizzy buds find that their dizziness is less noticeable when they're in a moving car -- as if the motion cancels out the dizziness for that period of time. It's quite common. For you, is it worse in the car?

As far as things to do, I'd say try to stay mobile within your capability. Stay hopeful. Distract. Read, listen to music, stay in touch with loved ones, etc. But as far as I know, there's nothing specific that we can do to make the dizziness go away, since it's a withdrawal effect and part of the larger syndrome of weird and wacky symptoms that everyone around here struggles with. We try to keep each other company around here with support, laughter and tears, and whatever gets us through it.

I'd rather not get into the details of how long this has been going on for me. The danger in comparing ourselves to one another is that it can make us focus on our fears. We're all different! Your dizziness might be gone tomorrow! So could mine -- or anyone else's too! When I first started hunting around on BB for other dizzy people, I came across someone who had been dealing with it for awhile. She was hesitant to say how long she'd been dizzy, and I admire her thoughtfulness. Well, her dizziness is gone now!

I wish we had some cold hard facts and stats on this issue, but they're so hard to come by. Suffice to say, people heal. We have lots of evidence of that in the Success Stories section. I recommend taking a huge dollop of that on a regular basis.

Take good care!