Canadian Eh? Pre and post withdrawal support

[Ki...]

thats  female deer , no cant sell the tag...I emailed them today saying do to medical reasons i can't hunt and asked if i sent supporting documents would they give me a anterless tag next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [Na...]

• [Ki...]

• [od...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a hunter myself, but was thinking after reading above post that to be truly Canadian, it would sound better if a moose was substituted for deer. Also if maybe a Mountie was somehow involved? Seriously, hope you're able to get out next year. I know just being out in the bush and nature makes me feel better  :thumbsup:.

Hi to everyone on the Canadian blog.  I am another fellow Canadian, coming from the wheat province of Saskatchewan. I would really like to join this club if you'll have me, eh!  I too would like to wish all Canadians a very Happy Thanksgiving. 

I am fairly new to BB but have been very grateful that I joined because the words of encouragement and support are amazing.  I am 2 weeks benzo free and struggling to get through this horrendous journey. 

Sending healing thoughts to all.  :smitten:

Hey, Chinook and bcalm2, thanks for wishing everyone a good Thanksgiving; hope yours was a great one  :thumbsup:! Good to see you checking in on the ol' Canajun thread.

bcalm2, sorry to hear you're feeling crap, but looks like your visit to benzo/AD land was a relatively brief one; many of us would love to trade places with you, since it's very likely you'll be feeling much better in the near future.

The quicker you get off this stuff, the easier [in general], so hang on to that thought, and you'll be sx free before ya know it. In the meantime, you are absolutely most welcome to join our lil' Canuck Corner  :).

It's great to hear BB has been a real help to you; most of us feel this place is a sort of sanctuary, and depend on it for info/advice/support. BB is the sort of place you'd rather not have to join...but we're all grateful it's here.

Drop in anytime, eh?!

p.s. 'odinski' is from Saskabush, also-S'toon, I think. I also lived there briefly, and used to get really annoyed with people who roared through the province on the TransCanada, claiming Sask. is totally flat and boring! Hey, try going north a bit! The Qu'epelle [sic?] Valley ETC.!!

'Just a note to get out and vote'-whatever your political leanings  8). Whatever the case, gotta hope for a better Canada i.e. economy, health care, environment ETC.!!!! Let your voice be heard, disillusioning though things can be at times ::).

'Just a note to get out and vote'-whatever your political leanings  8). Whatever the case, gotta hope for a better Canada i.e. economy, health care, environment ETC.!!!! Let your voice be heard, disillusioning though things can be at times ::).

Done.  :thumbsup:

Hi fellow Canadians!!!

I Hope everyone is doing well today and feeling good. Just got back from voting and thought I would check Benzo buddies and only just saw this Canadian posting. I love that a group can get together on here. I am in Hamilton Ontario....they call it the Hammer...home of the Tiger Cats!!

If you have a benzo smart doc please let me know..eh?

'Chinook,' nice to hear from you, and glad to hear you put your western x in one of them thar circles  :thumbsup:. You too, Hammertown 'Littlebones'  :), good to hear you exercised your franchise (is that the right expression?!).

Glad that you found our lil' EH! thread; it's always nice when another Canuckski finds their way here. Just follow the moose signs, eh  ::)?! I had a brother who went to Mac post-grad, and bought a house on Jackson Ave. downtown-ish, where he lived and worked for a few years.

I also did a year or so in the sorta east end, near Gage Park, and had inlaws who lived on the 'mountain.' So, anytime you want to talk the Hammer, I'm willing-I can always get my bro' to give me some more insider info  ;D.

I found Hamilton a bit like Winnipeg and Regina, in that they're cities that often get a bad rap for mosquitoes or cold weather or pollution etc., but in reality have some more appealing aspects which are often overlooked.

Anyhow, back to the election, how ever we all voted, looks like it was time for another sweeping change in the political landscape. Let's hope there are some positive changes with the new government. Great to see the increase in voter turnout, too  :thumbsup:.

p.s. 'Little,' sorry I don't know of any benzo wise docs in H'ton, but in a larger city I'd hope you'd be able to track down someone at least a bit knowledgeable-or maybe someone on this thread will chime in??

Hi fellow Canadians!!!

I Hope everyone is doing well today and feeling good. Just got back from voting and thought I would check Benzo buddies and only just saw this Canadian posting. I love that a group can get together on here. I am in Hamilton Ontario....they call it the Hammer...home of the Tiger Cats!!

If you have a benzo smart doc please let me know..eh?

I read somewhere the argos might have to  play in hamilton because of the jays

Hi to all fellow Canadians......Where is everybody?  I hope everyone has had a chance to enjoy some of the nice fall weather that we are having.  It is getting cooler, but still a beautiful fall.  Hope everyone is coping well in their journeys down the benzo road to recovery. 

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. 

Sending healing thoughts to all....... :smitten:

I am really enjoying this fall weather. Woke up this morning (with a headache and remnants of a bad dream) and its so balmy here. Last nights Halloween was great. We have a lot of kids in this neighborhood, but what really got to us was the number of people on this street with dark houses. Not many giving out candy last night. I think we had upwards of 200 kids come by.

The Tigercats are playing Ottawa in town today (pretty sure its Ottawa) and lucky ticket holders will have a beautiful day.

I have not asked where everyone is from!!

We are south of the Hammer.  We had 4 kids!  which is more than last year (1). 

Ya the weather is nice.  It's going to be closer to 20 this week!

Hey, well, guess I kinda missed the Hallowe'en partay  ::)! In the Niagara/Hamilton regions, the weather DID turn out nice last week with a couple of 20ish degree days-yay. A bit cooler this coming week, but still not too bad for this time of year  :thumbsup:.

I've been out on both my bicycle and my horse, enjoying the fall colours. The only icky issue arose when a herd of cattle from the next farm began grazing close to the stable for the first time (new fencing). My former endurance Arab was totally cool with cattle and most anything, but I forgot THIS horse hasn't seen cattle  :o before.

She's fine with huge rumbling farm equipment/dogs/transport trucks/birds/bicycles/deer you-name-it, but in the 15+ years we've been partners, it seems I neglected to 'de-sensitize' her to cattle...just never came across any  ::). We'd just started down the road when Ms. Beanbrain noticed the bovine crew, and she started to freak right out.

The mad sideways skitter/gallop on pavement is not something I've ever experienced on this particular 'bomb proof-ish' equine (sure, on Thoroughbred racehorse, and some Arabs, but...), so not a pleasant surprise  ??? !! I couldn't believe she was got sooo nutty sooo fast, arghh.

Things worked out ultimately, by taking a wide detour around the cattle, but really! If I could borrow a steer, I'd love to put it in a smaller paddock with Crazyhorse for a few days; nothing like a little 'aversion therapy' to inure a critter to something fearsome.

So, that's my autumn shock of the week...otherwise spent some time raking leaves. And at least the only real hazard I come across with bicycling (mostly on paved bike trails, so no cars) is gaggles of Canada geese blocking the trail. If it's a really big gaggle/flock, I'll detour onto grass to pass, but if they're a smaller flock, I ring my bell softly and give them a chance to get off the path.

I often pass as close as a foot or so away, and am conscious of their large and powerful wings..."Easy, geese!" The only real pain in the butt is the considerable goose poops they leave on the path; large as stuff from a small/medium dog, and much slicker, ugh!! It's like running a slalom course!

Anyhow, enough of silly spooking horses and geese. Hope everyone has recovered from the exciting election, and is doing okay with tapers or whatever...

p.s. lived in the country for 20ish years, and NEVER had one trick or treat-er (although always got some candy, just in case heehee  8)); in the small city I'm now in, we had maybe 60 kids? Enough to keep busy for an hour or two...best costume was a little boy dressed as The Headless Horseman, yikes!

Hi from the prairies-maybe not as warm as South Ont., but not too bad so far. Checking in to say "Hey, eh" to all my fellow canucks. Nothing too new at exciting for me, except getting psyched up for winter. The good thing about farming is that with cattle/livestock, there's no point even thinking about how cold it is. Animals need to be fed and tended to, and that's all there is to it. Some of my city friends go from warm house to car to office, but no choice out here. I've spent some nights watching the Northern Lights at 30 below for a while outside and not noticed the cold. Well you have to dress for the weather, but after that just keeping moving and working. Hope everyone is doing okay these days. I may be off the benzos, but not going to forget how even my smaller problem was really hard for a while and not something I ever want to repeat. Good luck and thoughts to all still working on tapers or ?

p.s. allie, I will send you a steer or 2 if you want, no prob. u will have a cowpony in no time :) + hey 'becalm2' hope you're feeling not too bad, or a bit better :thumbsup:.

So nice to hear from you odinski......I am still struggling thru this acute.... had a window the other day, but was slammed shut with a wave so that was very disappointing....made the window seem like a dream and not reality.  Praying for another window soon and hoping it will last....forever.  I am glad that you are doing well and I know that whether it be winter, spring, summer or fall.....there is always something that needs to be done on a farm.....was born and raised on one.....so I can understand.  I have to say that this has been one of our best falls in the last few years....although cool, it is still quite pleasant...and no snow yet....that's a bonus.  I am sure you are getting ready for the winter sports season...enjoy and have fun at that....such a great winter pasttime.  Our 2 oldest grandkids are into the winter sports, too...hockey and ringette, some skiing ...haven't been able to get to any games this season yet because I am too symptomatic right now....but hoping in time I will be able to enjoy one or two.  We have always attended all of their games and we miss that so much this year.  It is what it is.....  my focus right now is to heal and get my life back.  Thank you for stopping by BB and hope to hear from you again.....enjoy the winter...stay warm.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hey bcalm, your post-benzo sx are no fun, I know, but remember at least you got the stuff out of your system, you just need a bit more time for brain & body healing. The windows will increase, and the waves will get lost eventually. You're doing great so hang in there. I'm looking forward to pickup hockey when I can get there. My sis used to play ringette a ton, and I tried it for fun. It doesn't get the attention hockey does but man, it takes a lot of skill (to play well). Hope you can get to some games in a while, that's the great thing about a long winter, anyway  8). Take care, Eh.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted for a while; it's been nice to see some other folks carrying the flag, so to speak  :thumbsup:. Not too much 'to write home about' for me. After some robotically steady-albeit slow- tapering for a few months, I've had some upper back tension and evening anxiety lately, so bleah to that.

It was tough to make the decision to hold (which I discussed on the Cut & Hold group), but if I haven't learned the lesson about the turtle and the hare by now, I'd be totally hopeless  ::). I'm hoping I can resume the taper sooner than later, but NO schedule! Things have been a bit more stressful in general lately, so must chillax.

Today started out sunny, then the afternoon clouded over and we got a 'heavy dusting' of snow. Ick. For someone who used to ski a ton, I've become quite the snow suck, tsk. Shoot, at this time of year I used to be up at Sunshine near Banff, when they opened for the winter.

On the other hand, when I took my first instructor's course, I was chided by the examiner for spending just a bit too much time (for a supposedly super motivated skiier 8)) in the chalet, as opposed to practicing. OOPS. He actually asked me if "I really liked skiing?!"

Fortunately, I was able to summon my gumption, and do a passable imitation of one who adores spending the whole day on the snow, at minus 20ish degrees; I ended up teaching f/t and p/t for quite a few years. I still had issues with the cold/snow, but whenever I was in front of my students, I was el role model extraordinaire :angel:.

Speaking of this time of year, I think the Grey Cup is coming up in Winterpeg; another championship played outdoors on the prairies. I remember it was a big deal when they quit playing in 'domes' every year, and got Canuck Tough again 8).

Wherever you are, whether you have no snow or tons, and whether you care about the Grey Cup or not, hope everyone is doing okay. Winter solstice in less than a month now, then the days start to get longer :thumbsup:!!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I hear they're still playing some golf in S. Ont. which means not all Canucks are deep into hibernation yet, eh? Saskatchewan RR still my football team, but at least the west snagged the Grey Cup this year (sorry Ottawa, but maybe your team was getting distracted by golf?).

Seriously, I hope the lack of action on here lately is due more to seasonal distractions than to folks finding it hard to deal with benzo stuff AND the shorter days. Like Bab or Allie?? said above, once we hit the 21st of this month, the daylight starts increasing-maybe slowly, but at least in the right direction.

I know the holidays can be tough if things aren't good so well, but hope everyone can find something a bit fun to do. If you're up to it, often helping out others (like serving turkey at a homeless shelter) can help put things in perspective.

Who's sending out cards by snail mail? Who has a tree up-real or artificial? Who does Xmas baking (uh, not me, hint hint family!)? With any luck, even us benzo-ites can catch a break and get distracted by some good seasonalstuff  :thumbsup:

"Hey" to everyone who stops by here, and a special hiya to bcalm2 (fellow Saskabush type member).

• 2 weeks later...

It's not too wintry-yet!-in S. Ont., but other parts of the country have definitely experienced some snow and cold. This is the first Christmas/holiday season for our Canuckski thread...and no greetings, general thoughts re: this time of year? I mean, along with the northern U.S., parts of Europe like Scandinavia et al., we sort of consider ourselves 'Holiday Central,' what with the North Pole being [arguably?] Canadian.

As we go into the holiday period, how about some timely good wishes...or seasonal reflections? I'm feeling very bogged down and oppressed by valium lately, so not exactly out cavorting in any Santa Claus parades, BUT I did get a big batch of Namaimo Bars-classic!-made. I was also inordinately proud of simply assembling a few gifts for close family, and mailing them off on time, as well as sending out some cards.

All very low key, especially compared to years BBT (Before Benzo Taper) when I'd bake up a storm and share cookies galore, cover a bunch of seasonal events for the newspaper I worked for, and invite the odd

solitary neighbour for Christmas dinner... Kind of feel like a lame duck/Xmas goose now, but trying to free some good spirits up; I'll take what I can get.

I hope folks don't feel as if the rest of the world is jolly and carefree-everyone has challenges, alas-or that they are obliged to be HOHO Happy all the way. The season may be better for some of us than others (i.e. I'm more tempted than usual to just hibernate till spring  ::)), but guess we can try to make the best of it, and look forward to less benzo-affected frivolity and fun in the future?!

Check in with yer bells on, anyway, and pass along a kind or inspiring seasonal message if you can, eh??!! :thumbsup: Let's show the non-Canucks how UN Grinch-like we are!!

Even me, not frequent poster etc. feel bad that this thread is so quiet lately. Maybe everyone is sleeping or feeling good enough to be busy with holidays. As for me, no baking lol but lucky grandmother is a shortbread etc. genius. Family farm holiday time with the tree, turkey and all that good stuff. Greeting to all Canucks, eh, and hope everyone has on okay 'holler-day' even if it's just a peaceful time.

For now, just a slightly early "Happy New Year" to all the 'Quiet Canadians'  ???. Hope to see some more people drop by in 2016  :thumbsup:!!