12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Beulah, I have also read that garlic is excellent antiviral antibiotic ....I put 2 gloves in my smoothie every day...believe it or not you really can't taste it that much. I don't know if it's true or not, but I read that it's best if you crush it so the oils can release and eat it raw...I don't know what to believe anymore......Happy garlic eating buddies....coop

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [No...]

• [Gr...]

• [dr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Beulah.  I hear ya sista.  Last year it was a horrible reaction to amoxicillin ...which I am sure I had tolerated just fine before benzos. All I know is....we have to look out for ourselves and ask about the drugs we are given.  Safer with garlic....Beulah.. you sound good...you and Green...so close to healed.  following you like crazy..  coop....how about garlic ice cream. 

Amoxicillin is what I've been taking...not good. I have always been able to tolerate the amoxicillin well..better than any other antibiotic...till now.

Garlic ice cream..hmm...don't give me any ideas!!😁

C'mon ...Beulah...create a garlic ice cream recipe...I actually think it would be goid in a vanilla bean /honey recipe

.We have to get Nova to collaborate with us .. Ya out there Nova?....here's the challenge :...A raw garlic ice cream recipe..

.....You too Drew...gourmet that you are...

...blood orange/ rum / raw garlic ice cream?...

Calling all suggestions for a raw garlic ice cream....coop

Hi Everybody, I just saw this http://www.braininjury-explanation.com/unseen-consequenses-of-brain-injury/neurofatigue over at the TBI tribe Facebook page .

It's an article on how to deal with Neurofatigue, why the brain manages it the way it does and techniques to cope with it. Hope you find it as useful as I did. I find it great even just for the validation.

Still have to read the past posts, here is a lovely spring day, but it's a wavy day for me. Heal away ! :smitten:

Hi Everybody, I just saw this http://www.braininjury-explanation.com/unseen-consequenses-of-brain-injury/neurofatigue over at the TBI tribe Facebook page .

It's an article on how to deal with Neurofatigue, why the brain manages it the way it does and techniques to cope with it. Hope you find it as useful as I did. I find it great even just for the validation.

Still have to read the past posts, here is a lovely spring day, but it's a wavy day for me. Heal away ! :smitten:

Thank you Sky.  This was interesting

Nova, I don't talk about this process to anyone any more either. I can practically literally hear thier thoughts,"...oh, puleeez ...come on...2 years now. please just go back on your meds now and get on with your life...you never should have gone off of them in the first place".  or any number of variations on that theme. ...I bring it all here and try to ignore the polite vaguely disquised comments such as, "...do YOU feel like you are doing better off the ativan?" .. I notice we don't see you at as many family gatherings since you have stopped your meds.. we miss you".  Well, you have heard them all ...There is , as you say, no way for them to understand. I figure the people who I have lost along the way will return as I heal and begin to build the bridges of relationships again. The ones who won't or can't cross the bridge I will forgive and let it go..

.....Walking..  you are literally walking through w/d...you really sound better Nova.  I honestly think we are getting there.  It's just like labor.  Just when you think you can not possibly endure...one more big push of effort...and just like that it's done.  ..wish we were all getting beautiful little babies at the end of this...but we are getting new lives....our own and that is truly a miracle. 

.....I just feel like this is ending.  coop

Coop, Baylissa has a chapter on this very subject, the people we lose, the ones who stay.  She says the ones we lose leave room in our lives for really good new friends.  I thought that was a nice way to put it.  even when people get sick with a long, protracted physical illness, I think this happens, I think some people hang in there with you, some don't, some will be in your life after it's over, and some won't.  I also believe with all my heart, that when we write that success story, the last thing we're going to be thinking about is people who are not in our lives anymore.

I can't wait to get my copy of the book ! I really need to read this.

I think I might forgive, but I am not letting any of these people anywhere near  me to do this to me all over again. THink about it. I don't want to bear grudges, but if I get sick again, for anything, some day it will happen, you know, well if it does, I don't want these people doing this to me again.

If they were ready to jump ship on me at the age of forty, what will they do when I am 75 ?

My cousin , for example, ran away from me, when I CT. We were quite close. At Christmas, she would not look at me in the eye, she would not speak to me, she did not even wish me Happy Christmas.

THis person, I love her, I always will,  I am not letting her hurt me again.

And she's also avoiding my mother, which is unforgivable.

According to Mr Sky, it's also that some people are scared of other people's problems.

Then, there are other people, who have really no obligation towards you, who get it. THere was this one lady t hat had proposed work to  me earlier on,  I told her I had a brain injury and I could not do it, and she TOTALLY gets it. How odd is that ?

Now and then she writes to wish me well and see how my recovery is going. But she does understand it takes so much time. She is somebody I met online, for work.  I have never actually met her, but she's really special if she gets that it can take so long.

Ok, I am going back to reading the thread, have a lot of catching up to do.  :smitten:

Just an update....I got some helpful answers today regarding the last terrible panics and dizzy episodes I had. My daughter actually brought it to my attention that each eye appointment I had this month was followed the next day by extreme anxiety and panics. I poo pooed it telling her it was just a recrrence of my Meniers ( after 3 years of only lesser meniers sx) .  and/or the effects of not taking anti-anxiety meds. That did not satisfy her. She called my opthomologist.  And guess what.  Yep, the numbing meds, the dilation meds and the bright as the sun light and eye potions can all or in combination trigger vertigo....especially if you have an inner ear disorder. .  Well, thank you very much for the warning...I don't recall anyone advising me of the possibility, asking me about med reactions, or asking me about ear disorders. I do remember telling the opthomologist that I have Meniers...I told him at each visit.  Uugghhhh...

....I do feel better today.  I am up more.  less anxious.  appetite is coming back.  aaannnd...less health fears  d/r , wonky visual perception and tinnitus is still front and center, but still...better.  Onward we go.

.....coop

Coop, your daughter is amazing !  :thumbsup:  That is comforting in a way, don't you think ?

Just read about your doc. Your daughter may be amazing but your doctor sure isn't !

Hang in there, we are going to get well despite our doctors. :smitten:

Coop ... woke up twice during the night with the feeling that my post was "wrong" ... how weird is that? ...

Now you folks are getting into my dreams ...  :laugh:

Good to hear you are feeling okay ...

Good Morning ... well .. woke up clear as a bell ... for 30 minutes ... then got knocked around with this crazy "asthma" stuff and benzo belly and anxiety ...

Had to get to the grocery store ... she who must be obeyed needed bananas ... and there is a wind and rain storm coming ... got back just as the rain started ...

Settling in for a wet Tuesday ...  8)

Morning all

Nova..I still have the crazy asthma symptoms also.

Coop- You are braver than I am with the garlic..if I eat a lot it kicks up anxiety in me.

It gets old not being able to eat what I want..but it is getting better.

A few months ago I was really bad with the garlic...now I'm able to eat it a little at a time.

I can eat wild salmon again without heart palps..a little at a time.

Bring on the garlic ice cream recipes..😃

Nova, I don't talk about this process to anyone any more either. I can practically literally hear thier thoughts,"...oh, puleeez ...come on...2 years now. please just go back on your meds now and get on with your life...you never should have gone off of them in the first place".  or any number of variations on that theme. ...I bring it all here and try to ignore the polite vaguely disquised comments such as, "...do YOU feel like you are doing better off the ativan?" .. I notice we don't see you at as many family gatherings since you have stopped your meds.. we miss you".  Well, you have heard them all ...There is , as you say, no way for them to understand. I figure the people who I have lost along the way will return as I heal and begin to build the bridges of relationships again. The ones who won't or can't cross the bridge I will forgive and let it go..

.....Walking..  you are literally walking through w/d...you really sound better Nova.  I honestly think we are getting there.  It's just like labor.  Just when you think you can not possibly endure...one more big push of effort...and just like that it's done.  ..wish we were all getting beautiful little babies at the end of this...but we are getting new lives....our own and that is truly a miracle. 

.....I just feel like this is ending.  coop

Coop, Baylissa has a chapter on this very subject, the people we lose, the ones who stay.  She says the ones we lose leave room in our lives for really good new friends.  I thought that was a nice way to put it.  even when people get sick with a long, protracted physical illness, I think this happens, I think some people hang in there with you, some don't, some will be in your life after it's over, and some won't.  I also believe with all my heart, that when we write that success story, the last thing we're going to be thinking about is people who are not in our lives anymore.

I can't wait to get my copy of the book ! I really need to read this.

I think I might forgive, but I am not letting any of these people anywhere near  me to do this to me all over again. THink about it. I don't want to bear grudges, but if I get sick again, for anything, some day it will happen, you know, well if it does, I don't want these people doing this to me again.

If they were ready to jump ship on me at the age of forty, what will they do when I am 75 ?

My cousin , for example, ran away from me, when I CT. We were quite close. At Christmas, she would not look at me in the eye, she would not speak to me, she did not even wish me Happy Christmas.

THis person, I love her, I always will,  I am not letting her hurt me again.

And she's also avoiding my mother, which is unforgivable.

According to Mr Sky, it's also that some people are scared of other people's problems.

Then, there are other people, who have really no obligation towards you, who get it. THere was this one lady t hat had proposed work to  me earlier on,  I told her I had a brain injury and I could not do it, and she TOTALLY gets it. How odd is that ?

Now and then she writes to wish me well and see how my recovery is going. But she does understand it takes so much time. She is somebody I met online, for work.  I have never actually met her, but she's really special if she gets that it can take so long.

Ok, I am going back to reading the thread, have a lot of catching up to do.  :smitten:

this must come up for a lot of us if she makes it a topic in her book.  when I'm feeling healthy and strong mentally and physically I have a whole different take on this, than when I do when I'm suffering on both those levels.  I figure by the time I heal, I'll have a healthier, more balanced way to deal with it.  Coop is right, though, healing and moving on is in the forgiveness.

Good Morning ... well .. woke up clear as a bell ... for 30 minutes ... then got knocked around with this crazy "asthma" stuff and benzo belly and anxiety ...

Had to get to the grocery store ... she who must be obeyed needed bananas ... and there is a wind and rain storm coming ... got back just as the rain started ...

Settling in for a wet Tuesday ...  8)

Nova, we had wet all day yesterday.  Mild and windy today.  Feel better.  Eat a banana, lol?

Green ... believe it or not, bananas are on my no fly list lately ... I mean, how in hell can a banana rev you up? ... and they do ... seems I cannot eat any "raw" fruit ... been that way for a while ... and the same with veggies, nothing raw except tomatoes and cucumbers ...

Whoever wrote this script must be on something ...  >:D

No big walks today ... I am so sweet I might melt out there ...  :smitten:

The food triggers are so weird. I had a yogurt yesterday and within 15 minutes I started sweating and got dizzy, felt very weird.. Maybe it was the sugar in it--not sure but it kicked my butt for about 2 hours after I ate it.

Great article Sky!

Hey Jenny, I have had some trouble in the past with yogurt..I thought it was the cultures...could be the the sugar. I was buying the plain yogurt for a while and adding a little honey and some strawberries...it was yummy and and didn't seem to bother me.

Two foods I miss so badly..oatmeal and peanut butter..I feel like I'm dying every time I try to eat them.

Foods that have never given any problems at all, eggs, potatoes, and any kind of meat or chicken.

I can eat most veggies ...haven't tried any raw yet...Will wait a while for that.

I can eat Apple's, sometimes a half of banana, and strawberries.

While their is a lot I can't eat..still a lot I can eat...for that I am grateful. :smitten:

All seems quiet here, you guys must be waiting for me to go to bed to get started !  ;)

I had a wavy day, it was long, it was hard but  I did not fall victim to desperation and anxiety, so I am one happy bunny.  :smitten: I mean, these days, that is a lot.

I have many foods that hurt me. Yogurt makes me feel swollen, but I am lucky to be able to eat most fruit. Then, I try to eat whole wheat, it does not upset me as much.

I am going to bed now, hope you all are feeling better.  :smitten:

Good night Sky ... okay folks, we can get the party started ...  >:D

Nova..you little devil😈

Come on Sky..stay up and party with us.

Nova, I'm nominating you to make the pizza, I will bring the cards, what's everybody else bringing?

Okay ... pizza it is ...

How are you doing Beulah? ... I have had a so-so day ... mostly hanging out and watching it rain ...

Nova, I'm hanging in there...been arguing with the benzo beast all day.

Jenny, I think you should be the first to try our new flavor of the month ice cream...garlic...come on...take a taste ...you might like it.😁