Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Coop ... you sly gal ... are you trying to "distract" me? ... it worked for a while ...

"Air hunger" ... good description ...

So, if you add 1 benzo belly, plus 1 benzo flu, and stir in a dash of air hunger ... that's me today ...

Getting zapped out of sleep into this little storm was disorientating ... took me a while to actually figure out where I was and what was going on ... and for a while felt like I was sleep walking along that cliff edge ... takes me a while sometimes to get things re-connected ... gets rid of the confusion and then I can just hang out and be sick ...

One thing I did observe ... no panic ... so that seems to be holding ... lot's of anxiety though ...

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [No...]

• [Gr...]

• [dr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all

All I did yesterday was nap..and I don't ever nap. I had two naps and still went to bed and slept like a baby for seven hours.

I think my body just got so worn down from this sickness I have had.

The fake asthma is better....happy dance.

This has been one crazy month for me all around.

Take care all!!!!

I have been naping lately also, same as you I don't EVER nap.  Just getting over a 3 week sickness also, maybe that's it, maybe it's not.  I woke up groggy and nervous at 6 today, 6 hours later here I am still really groggy only a calm groggy.  I'll take it.  Cheers to feeling like dung!  Hope you have a better day today. 

COOP:  Glad you felt pretty good yesterday!  Hope it lasted into today.  I didn't finish reading the new pages before replying to beulah so I guess I'll find out in a second how you're doing. 

Sorry Sky...I screwed up that breathing instruction...disregard the '7'...that belongs to a different breathing state

....the easiest one is...

...breathe in through your nose...just a normal breath

...hold for 4 counts

...exhale gently and slowly through your mouth to the count of 8. 

..I use this one mostly because it's the easiest. The other one takes more practice....sorry about that Sky.

Thanks Coop !

Morning all

All I did yesterday was nap..and I don't ever nap. I had two naps and still went to bed and slept like a baby for seven hours.

I think my body just got so worn down from this sickness I have had.

The fake asthma is better....happy dance.

This has been one crazy month for me all around.

Take care all!!!!

Bealah, sorry to hear that. I do think it's not your sickness though, I am going through the same thing and I haven't had a thing. Naps are so not my scene and here I am taking them religiously !

Sky...you could be right...maybe not the sickness. I don't feel refreshed after a nap...just foggy headed.  :smitten:

Nova- month 19 is a big deal :thumbsup:

Every month that we can get through this mess is a big deal!!

Hope you feel better.😷. Now loosen that belt a notch...you have another month under it. :smitten:

Hi Beulah ... every month is a big deal ...

As long as I stay away from the garlic ice cream everything should come out alright ...  >:D

Hi guys,

Woke up today with no anxiety, but I cant move.. My muscles are so extremely weak all over my body that walking is too hard for me right now... Anyone on here ever get this sx?? I have had it on/off in the past, but today is pretty severe--everything aches, and feels tired and weak. Also, my feet hurt--it hurts to walk on them with barefoot, so I need to find some cushy slippers.. Feels like Im 85 years old today..  Hugs to everyone, Jenny

Hi Jenny ... that kind of weakness sounds discouraging ... hope it settles out for you and you find those cushy slippers ...

Hi Nova,  actually I was trying to distract both of us....My anxiety is 100 minutes on....2.5  minutes off..  health fears are noisy today.  Barely staying on top of it...I am so sorry you are getting slammed with benzo flu and revved with sx.  Now I truly understand why people can not do this.

.....We have come this far....we will get the rest of the way...Some day we won't even be able to remember half of this....coop

Hi Coop ... yep, we will get through this ...

The cycles of anxiety are nasty ... speckled with doubt and fear ...

And yes, this is very hard stuff to live with day in and day out ... and it is worth it ... and yes, we are the lucky ones ...

See any dragons today? ...

It is St George's Day in Scotland ...

I hope it's worth it... I know it's worth it .  It's just so hard. I K ow ( and tell myself 1000x every hour) that I have had this exact same anxiety ....over and over and it always goes away.  I am doing the breathing thing, distracting and self talking until I am deaf... just in the enduring mode.  It will end. 

....thanks for being on here Nova.  ...coop

Hey Coop ... that's what we do ... we listen, we encourage, and we watch dragons go by ...

Managed to get a shower and shave in between the sweats and chills ...

And this is getting better ... just doesn't feel like way too often ...

Nova...Glad to hear it is winding down. I think that is what is throwing me off too....I just haven't felt this intensity and duration of sx for awhile.  I had been kind of in a pattern of anxiety and sx in the morning and clarity and better in the afternoon..  Eventually this will lift.. Yesterday was a very good afternoon ...I'll get there again .  How is your air hunger?

Coop ... the benzo belly, benzo flu and air hunger are still cycling around ... I would say about a 7 or 8 on the benzo scale ...

And this floating anxiety meandering around ...

Hope I get a rest tonight ... I am pretty tired from the last two days ...

Yep, we are on the same wave. My anxiety has been trying to decide ....7...or 8...up and down...up and down.. No doubt you are tired this is such hard work.  I am wishing you a goid dinner and a good rest.. it is well needed...coop

Coop / Nova - sorry you guys are in a wave. Horrible is not the word for it. I'm battling a  9 day wave of anxiety and nausea myself. I just stumbled in the door from work. This was a hard week to be working. I had to take a 1/2 of a sick day earlier in the week but made the rest.

I took a long hot shower and that makes me feel better and relieves some of the squeezing feeling in my guts I've been getting lately.

I've noticed that in the past few months from my log that I've had two pretty good weeks followed by 8-10 day wave followed by another good week. It just keeps repeating like that. I'm wondering if any of you have seen a similar pattern develop. I now make a few small plans in the front half of the month and nothing in the middle. So far I have not had to cancel anything. Could this be getting predictable? We shall see...

Hang in there guys. Sending you my prayers :angel:

Sasquach ... patterns ... think I have been through several patterns ... and have heard of many more ... it is what it is for you ... I don't think there is any particular significance in a pattern ...

And I always have found they change for me from time to time ...

Just sitting here muddling through another round of stuff ...

Be Well ...

Coop ... eating has been pretty hit and miss the last couple of days ... doesn't seem to matter what I eat so I eat a little at a time whenever I feel like it ...

Staying away from any more garlic ice cream ...  >:D

Sas, you are just a few days ahead of me in your jump date. ( Dec 3 , 2013).  I also think my waves are much longer than in the 12-18 month leg. I have had one 5 day stretch of windows  in late Feb and early March...my last good full day was somewhere in the early middle of March . 

..I hope you are seeing a reliable pattern...if so that has to be a great shift towards healing. Was it anxiety that sent you home after a half day?  It seems like a lot of us are really getting hit with anxiety.. I think my anxiety was much better in Jan/Feb ....This feels like acute # 3 ...

....Sas, I hope you feel better and start heading into your next stretch of windows... Glad you are getting some rest.  Nice to see you today. .Wishing you a much better tomorrow.  coop

Warning!  Warning!  Whiny post, read at your own risk.

Complete misery today.  The mega cog fog & DP has not let up once.  Nervous fog this morning, calm fog this afternoon, I'm uptight, in a crappy mood, feel like I'm snapping at people for no reason. I'm dizzy, I'm floating, my muscles are so friggin weak and itchy.  Eyes are so tired, burning, and blurry.  Eye is twitching like crazy, had an hour of major metallic taste and mouth and sinus burning.  My attitude is in the can.  I feel so negative and bothered by any subject that comes up.  Every thought I think of is a sad one or a stressful one.  I have not had a decent 24 hour stretch since the 4th of the month I believe.  I had 2 powerful windows totaling 4 hours maybe 2 weeks ago?  Don't quite remember.  Don't quite remember anything right now.  Forcing myself to stay up until 10 tonight so I don't sleep more than 8 hours again. 

This is easily the worst and longest string of bad days I've had in a row since the 1 year mark.  I am seriously in awe that I am going through this period right now.  I am not used to days that don't change.  Usually I go from bad to good or vise versa throughout the day.  If the bad waves before healing stories have any truth to them I must be on the cusp of something wonderful....

Not trying to steal the show, it's obvious many of us are having a bad day today.  I wish I posted something on the positive side like I always try to do.  Right now that's not happening.  Complaining feels better for some reason.  :tickedoff:

Well, barring a tidal wave, not much else can go down hill today ...

Mike ... sorry you are running into a string of bad days ... and maybe something wonderful is brewing ... sure hope so ...

Nova, yes, to make the day even worse we had to be reminded of winter again!  Snowed 5 or 6 separate times in Mass today.  What a kick in the rump!  Bring back the high 60's, pah-leeeze!