12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Aww Drew!!!

Happy engagement!! Congratulations buddy!! That is so awesome :) :) :) Of course she said yes!!

May the blessings of God overwhelm you and your fiance!!! (Yippee!! :yippee: )

Have a great day :)

Mrs. :smitten:

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [No...]

• [Gr...]

• [dr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all

Sky, sorry you are having it so rough. Do you feel any better?  Many hugs to you.

Drew- A Big Congrats to you!!  :thumbsup:

I woke up arguing with the benzo beast...I won the argument!! ;)

Congratulations Drew!! How exciting for you two! 💗

Good morning Everyone! 😊 I'm sorry to read that so many are struggling the past several days. I just want to encourage you that it DOES get better and I had my worst waves right before it did. Coop, the end of December I had unrelenting panic that almost caused me to go to the ER twice. The first time was the all night/all day cascading variety. The second big episode, that happened within days of the first, was the very physical, heart rate off the charts, variety. I was so full of anxiety, to a level I hadn't had before, and was pretty despondent, fearing I was getting worse.

.......but then, it STOPPED.

I have had a few brief anxiety rushes, though not panic, since. My anxiety rushes are fairly normal ones, not intense withdrawal ones. No bouts of depression or insomnia or much of anything else.  :thumbsup: The few w/d stuff I have is very light and leaves quickly. I'll sometimes have some floaty/boaty or chest tightness moments when I think "oh that's w/d still", but it doesn't bring the fear. It's much less intense.

I've got to get ready to leave for games, we are at another out of town basketball tournament, but wanted to check in.

Love and healing to you all!!

Congrats, Drew.  This is living and moving on.  So great to hear...enjoy the time!

Last night I managed a few hours of broken sleep.  Each time I would wake up I was overtaken with anxiety.  Luckily, I settled down enough to fall asleep.  Well...the good news I feel rested for the day.  I need a few more nights like this to regain a bit of confidence.

Wishing everyone a nice Sunday.

Congratulations Drew!! How exciting for you two! 💗

Good morning Everyone! 😊 I'm sorry to read that so many are struggling the past several days. I just want to encourage you that it DOES get better and I had my worst waves right before it did. Coop, the end of December I had unrelenting panic that almost caused me to go to the ER twice. The first time was the all night/all day cascading variety. The second big episode, that happened within days of the first, was the very physical, heart rate off the charts, variety. I was so full of anxiety, to a level I hadn't had before, and was pretty despondent, fearing I was getting worse.

.......but then, it STOPPED.

I have had a few brief anxiety rushes, though not panic, since. My anxiety rushes are fairly normal ones, not intense withdrawal ones. No bouts of depression or insomnia or much of anything else.  :thumbsup: The few w/d stuff I have is very light and leaves quickly. I'll sometimes have some floaty/boaty or chest tightness moments when I think "oh that's w/d still", but it doesn't bring the fear. It's much less intense.

I've got to get ready to leave for games, we are at another out of town basketball tournament, but wanted to check in.

Love and healing to you all!!

HH, thank you so much for sending that message to us in the trenches!  Truly, we all need to hear it. And I am so, so happy to hear you are where you are, and hopefully we're all right behind you.

Hi, everybody.

Coop, so sorry for what has happened to you. But your doctor sounded quite encouraging, as did CHallis.

Drew, this is great, I wish you two the best. Drewmantic indeed.

HH, thanks for your post, I really needed it. I am feeling so bad, what you wrote helped me a lot.

Yesterday, my physical symptoms calmed down, and then, I was hit by  terrible anxiety. I was awful, it made me wish my vibrations and palps would come back ! Can you imagine ? ANd my thoughts were blacker than black.

Today, is still bad, thoughts are nuts, but there is no bad anxiety.

I hope so much that what HH said is true for me too. I can't believe I put up with this last year for so long.

We have to stick together and get out of this dreaded month. :smitten:

DREW ...CONGRATULATIONs♡♡....love and blessings to you...

..SKY...so sorry for your anxiety...man, there is a wild fire of it going on here.. yes, when I get hit like that I wish for any other sx...Yep, the blacker than black thoughts and health fear. You amaze me with your ability to tough through it. This is definitely a thread of heroes and sheroes.  Yes my doctor was reassuring ...now I just need to tame my health fears and believe him. As much as I have doctor phobias I am looking forward to having the reassurance of at least a neuro referral. The cardio one I might skip as he was 99% fine with the ekg.  tiny tiny little change in 2 leads from the one last year. The computer program didn't even kick out the no change change. ...blah blah blah....Shy...I truly hope your mega anxiety goes away. Sounds exactly like the tsunamis the rest of us anxiety/peeps people are going through. It's no wonder people on the ' outside' don't believe us. This is all pretty unbelievable.

....NOVA,...one more "yuky" day closer to being done. I hope it brightens up and gives you some breaks. What are you cooking today?

.....BEULAH, ...yahoo! ...one for you...thanks for scoring one for our team.. Beulah...you are just sounding so close to heal g.. I am following every one of your posts with excitement for you and hope for the rest of us...

.....GARTON...You sound better today...very glad to hear that. Yay for a little sleep.. goes such a very long way...

. ......sending you guys thoughts for big sunbreaks today. ...coop

HH....boy, are we all following you with huge hope in our hearts. ...I am thrilled beyond words for you...my heart is doing a happy dance for you. You have no idea how encouraging your post is. This anxiety is so different than anything I have had since tolerance really. I haven't ever had the ' shake and tremble' freezing cold sheer terror for hours . I am sure that's w/d.. the cascading panic I have had way back in acute. The 'I can't sit up let alone stand up rolling nausea and dizziness is more like my meniers which I haven't had that bad in 3 years.. The mental anxiety and health fears are part of both but more so w/d. Panic is a feature of both. It doesn't really matter...the answer to both is time and holding onto your sanity with your fingernails. The difference is...with my initial meniers I was chewing 1 mg ativan every 6- 8 hours. ...Now I am keeping up with my 6 mg of b/p meds and taking 12 mg of antivert once a day so I can eat...it does help a little. ...All of it will get better and your post has given me so much encouragement. I can not thank you enough for posting and pouring manna from heaven down on us ....we sure needed it. You got your life back, Life got his life back, Beulah is rounding the corner and getting her life back. ..

....This is the story we have all been waiting 18 months for...

...love to you HH... enjoy enjoy....coop

HH-- always great to hear from you, I'm so happy your doing so well  :smitten:

What is up with all this anxiety stuff?  I guess its good to know a lot of us are dealing with it right now, but I just can't believe at 18 month-- ummm no 19 months today I'm still dealing with this!  I went to the neighborhood BBQ yesterday which was so hard for me, I forced myself to go. Im sure no one noticed, but I was so anxiety ridden the whole time. People were talking to me, but my mind was just filled with fear I could not relax and actually get into the conversation. I know people might say well that's great you did it, see your healing-- but I look at it as an utter fail. I've been functional through this whole journey, so going to a BBQ is no different than any other outing that I've had to force myself too.. I just can't believe at 19 months I'm still dealing with this, and its no better in fact my anxiety was better months ago. This morning I went to church, was so anxious I took a half a benadryl it did nothing for me, and then I had a full on anxiety attack in church ... Needless to say I'm very discouraged. I'm just praying this will all end like it did for HH..

Thx for all the congrats! 

I'm also very happy to report my window continues!!!  Went on a 3.5 mile hill hike and absolutely no anxiety or bad thoughts.  Zilch...crazy how this process works.  Feeling good jus in or physical stuff and it's not a euphoric feel good more of a normal feel good.  I was in one of my worst waves recently that lasted six weeks so I hope this reiterates what we all truly know. This will end and sooner than later for all of us.  :smitten:

Hi Jenny...I am so right there with you.  Anxiety and panic like I haven't seen since early acute. Kudos to you Jenny for going , but I totally get how stressful it is and how we just want to run. If I go somewhere I want to race home and lay down on my bed . Like you, I was doing so much better until 5 weeks ago. When you get anxious do you feel like you can't get a breath all the way down ?. .It goes away as soon as I relax. No one can fault you for taking a benedryl...there is only so much we can handle . I am in a place of continual panic where if it's not a benzo I am ok with it for the time bring until this moves on.

.....Jenny...you are truly amazing to go to 2 events while drowning in anxiety... You have my heart dear friend..  I am thinking of you.....coop

HH, I am doing cartwheels for you..ok no cartwheels....but I would if I could. :laugh:

You sound so good and determined to claim your life back.

All of the hard work and perseverance paid off.

Go live your life and be happy...you deserve it.

I have a feeling it might take me a little while longer this being my second time around.

In my first withdrawal I had just about healed at this mark and it felt so good...I was out living again.

Enjoy your recovered life to the fullest.!!!!!  Hugs

Drewmantic...so happy for you that your window is holding. Spring is being very good to you ...and you deserve it. Thanks for taking some minutes out of your very good day to post to us.  Every positive posts supports the entire group....

. ..enjoy your Sunday evening....coop

Jenny- A barbecue, wow....you sound so good. Yeah, the anxiety/ panic monster hangs around  a little to much for comfort. Shouldn't be to much longer before you can tell the monster to be gone..and poof..he's gone.

Keep up the good work!!😃

Hugs

Coop- I hope you are eating and taking it easy. Are you feeling better?

Sometimes when we get all worked up over our symptoms it can really ware us to a frazzle.

That anxiety/ panic monster needs to bite the dust already.

You got through today...tomorrow is a new day. Hugs

Hi Beulah.  Yes, this morning wasn't too bad and I had more stamina. As long as I take a little antivert I can eat at least toast or yogurt without getting overwhelmingly nauseous. I can move my head side to side . This afternoon I was out for a little while. The sun is glorious but I got some anxiety...man, it's been over a year since I couldn't go outside without panic.. but I will take the good news that the morning was better..  I have a little more sanity. Not a lot but some. D/r makes it worse but I had some breaks from it

Beulah.  How did you ever do this twice? .Whenever I think about reinstating I think of you and Green.  The lesson seems to be that the reinstatement doesn't live up to expectations and the little relief that it does deliver is short lived and then you have another long 2 years of recovery.  Is that about right?....

....You have my huge respect  ..  ...coop

Coop- This multiple withdrawal stuff happens a lot...unfortunately.

I was going thru a grieving process of my mom and sister. Fast forward six yrs. after my first wd.

To make a long story short..my doc scripted me 60 ativan 1 mg.and said it would be fine as long as I didn't take them everyday. I took 50 in three yrs. and one morning all hell broke loose...I was in withdrawal again. I was uneducated and stupid...I never read any literature or stories about another wd. I was on a forum for a very short time in my first and never read anything about this.

I don't care what life throws in my path.. I can't and Won't touch another benzo!!!!!! :tickedoff:

After we heal the pain is wiped away and the painful withdrawal memories leave.

No greater pain than withdrawal pain!!!!!!

I think after a withdrawal you just can't get by with taking them again.

Hi, everybody.

Coop, so sorry for what has happened to you. But your doctor sounded quite encouraging, as did CHallis.

Drew, this is great, I wish you two the best. Drewmantic indeed.

HH, thanks for your post, I really needed it. I am feeling so bad, what you wrote helped me a lot.

Yesterday, my physical symptoms calmed down, and then, I was hit by  terrible anxiety. I was awful, it made me wish my vibrations and palps would come back ! Can you imagine ? ANd my thoughts were blacker than black.

Today, is still bad, thoughts are nuts, but there is no bad anxiety.

I hope so much that what HH said is true for me too. I can't believe I put up with this last year for so long.

We have to stick together and get out of this dreaded month. :smitten:

Hang on.  We're getting there. :smitten:

Beulah...so sorry you lost both your sister and your mother...huge loss...50 in 3 years...who could possibly imagine that would land anyone in w/d.

....We sure drew a crappy hand...You are really strong Beulah ...what a support you are to all of us here...coop

Beulah, thank you for your kind words  :smitten: how's the flu going? Feeling better?

Coop,  I used to get the breathing stuff more when my overall breathing was bad-- since its improved a lot its not so bad anymore. This anxiety is crazy... Do you get the nervous feeling that goes throughout your whole body?

HH-- always great to hear from you, I'm so happy your doing so well  :smitten:

What is up with all this anxiety stuff?  I guess its good to know a lot of us are dealing with it right now, but I just can't believe at 18 month-- ummm no 19 months today I'm still dealing with this!  I went to the neighborhood BBQ yesterday which was so hard for me, I forced myself to go. Im sure no one noticed, but I was so anxiety ridden the whole time. People were talking to me, but my mind was just filled with fear I could not relax and actually get into the conversation. I know people might say well that's great you did it, see your healing-- but I look at it as an utter fail. I've been functional through this whole journey, so going to a BBQ is no different than any other outing that I've had to force myself too.. I just can't believe at 19 months I'm still dealing with this, and its no better in fact my anxiety was better months ago. This morning I went to church, was so anxious I took a half a benadryl it did nothing for me, and then I had a full on anxiety attack in church ... Needless to say I'm very discouraged. I'm just praying this will all end like it did for HH..

Jenny, this is late stage healing, I think.  I think you're close.  These bad symptoms and waves at the end are especially hard because we're losing the hard-won gains we've painstakingly made over the last year.  I was so upset that I had too much fatigue to bike a little. crazy.  because I was doing that last year.  I' slowly trying to get back into it.  when we're still not 100%, and then we're losing function we fought so hard for, it's really awful.  It's also indicative of how bad we're feeling.  bad waves, bad symptoms at the end.  HH's struggle right up to the end is fresh in my mind.  that woman had some serious panic and anxiety at the end.  I think it's healing.