• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, yeah. Same sh*t here. Last two days terrible. But it´s amazing for the good how humour can be so resistent...  :idiot:

I took one Vitamin D pill (2000 IU) two days ago. Do you think it could have caused problems or it was just coincidence that the day I took it I felt worse? I stopped it anyways. I hadn´t taken Vit D in all WD, but I found a bottle here and since I never go to the sun I though it could be a good idea, but maybe it just wasn´t.

Hi all, I added my signature finally. Sxs are head pressure, vision off, dr, anxiety, tons of fears and insomnia. were you guys scared when you first started getting the head pressure and dr. Mine just started, and I'm trying to find a way to accept what's going on.

down, but it never disappears, and it´s almost always accompanied with tinnitus, stiff neck, eye pressure, blurred vision, DR, and light dizziness. They all go up or down together, while other symptoms like sore throat, back pain, depression, anxiety or sore eyes seem pretty independent, and even near to compeltely gone. I have none of them right now, but the head issue is very strong today.

I have these, the stiff neck along with the head pressure are the worst, and the blurry dark vision esp in low light and at night.

I get dizziness from excess physical activity, which isn't much, I still can't run, walking or going up and down stairs without a break is enough to make me dizzy. I've got terrible pressure on the forehead these days, the pulling on the forehead is too strong.

Like you I don't usually have localized pressure, it's the entire head that is crushed or pulled by the pressure.

hope lynn,

The dr/dp and vision problems have been the scariest for me right from the beginning, anything that messes with my vision scares me, completely changes my sense of being. The head pressure is frustrating more than scary, but the thought of having this level of pressure for several more months does indeed scare me.

Accepting doesn't help me for too long, I always go back to trying to find ways to escape from it, but nothing helps and then I feel frustrated, defeated, and accept that it's beyond my control to a large extent. I then repeat the same. Sick of this.

I am right there with you. It's definitely the scariest thing for me right now. Just feel off. I actually had my eyes checked early on, when I had the band around my head and vision issues. Oh course nothing. Now the pressure is an overall pressure, lasts the whole day and vision is blurry, light seems off, outside and inside house. There is so much I want to be able to enjoy this summer, but with the anxiety,  dr, etc. I'm feeling like, I hate to say it, i might do them, but feel out of it. I do not like this at all. Acceptance of this is hard for me. I have small moments of it. Then back to trying to figure out relief. Seriously.

LOL, yeah. Same sh*t here. Last two days terrible. But it´s amazing for the good how humour can be so resistent...  :idiot:

I took one Vitamin D pill (2000 IU) two days ago. Do you think it could have caused problems or it was just coincidence that the day I took it I felt worse? I stopped it anyways. I hadn´t taken Vit D in all WD, but I found a bottle here and since I never go to the sun I though it could be a good idea, but maybe it just wasn´t.

Laudante,

most of the time i feel there is no rhyme or reason when a wave hits -- for me, it's more likely than from anything i eat or take supplement wise -- or do for that matter. a wave is a wave for me.

but there have been reports that Vit D has revved up some people on here. and i feel that it's taking responsibility to learn and research as much as one can about Vit D and to also find the right one that is free of any toxic taglongs. to me, those other things that are in supplements are far worse for a CNS -- the way ours is from the damage that benzo's can cause.

here is a link that i think everyone should read just to inform themselves about this neurosteroid hormone that is called a "vitamin"...

http://ctheblog.cforyourself.com/2008/12/overdosing-on-vitamin-d-side-effects.html

i take just a little Vit D from Premier Research Labs every other day or sometimes every two days and just a very little bit only because my test came out to a very low (14)...

My cane (temporary). It's red/bronze like and foldable (CVS $24.99). I named her Ruby. Once I'm 100% I'm going to give it to my grandmother. Also if your balance is really off and you drive like me you can  go online, get a handicap placard application from the DMV. You fill out most of it, your doctor fills out a section. State that you have a vestibular disorder (which you do). Check the box that talks about difficult to walk more than 200 feet, once your doctor signs off and adds their 2 cents you send in the application with a $5 money order. Mine was approved for 6 months. I have a placard I hang up on my rear view mirror. Very helpful.

LM,

thank you for the update and i hope things continue to improve for you. and thank you for letting us all know about how to get a handicap placard...

love, Pretty

For those of you that had head symptoms, how long did it take for your head pressure/sensations symptoms to go away after you quit taking Klonopin? I have a daily pressure/numbness and other feelings that are indescribable that have not let up since I stopped Xanax in December... even after reinstating and tapering Klonopin (refer to my siggy for my timeframe).

It causes me great panic/fear to have these symptoms MAINLY in my head...

Please help :(

Hi, Blessed.

Unfortunately no predictions can be made. Theorically the very small dose you took, the short time and being the first time should give you a very good prognosis. In fact, I could bet 90% of people wouldn´t have withdrawal problems from that. The first time I took benzos, it was klonopin 3mg (relatively high dose) for 3 months. I simply cold turkeyed or weaned quickly (I don´t remember, it was long ago and I wasn´t even aware, Dr. Google and BB didn´t exist back then). I don´t remember having any problem at all.

But it seems that your receptors are more sensitive (which is often seen here) so nobody can tell you how much it will last. But I guess you still have good prognosis, and in a few months you will probably be 100% healed. I would wean off gabapentin also, even if that worsens symptoms, because it acts on GABA receptors and downregulates them. This means that it will hinder or make recovery much slower. The true recovery of receptors theorically only happens when you stop messing with them. That´s why we should always look with suspition to anything that reduces sxs, and read very carefully other buddies´ thoughts and experiences, and not only with medicines but also with supplements.

Thank you Laudante

That makes alot of sense. Thank you for giving me hope... for some reason comparisons calm me.

I was told that the Gabapentin does not act on the GABA receptors at all! Isn't downregulating them the same as benzos? Does that mean more withdrawal/ more symptoms?

I'm really scared now :(

No, don´t be scared. It would never cause as much trouble as benzos.

It is debated wheather it is a positive allosteric modulator of GABAAR, as benzos. But it is known that at least in high doses it does. 150 mg. is rather low. So low that in fact I would doubt it´s making any effect, good or bad, at all. But I wouldn´t risk, anyways. When I was in tolerance, on one occasion ONE single 300 mg. dose of gabapentin removed 90% of sxs in 30 mins., so it must act somehow. It never worked again, though.

If you have epilepsy problems you should be careful, however, if weaning it off. But don´t be scared, you´ll be fine. It just won´t be tomorrow and magically, for sure.

There´s a very, very long gingko biloba thread, and it seems promising. I started yesterday with a low dose and it certainly does something. I slept 9 hours like a baby, with one single dose in the morning, and woke up refreshed. Other sxs didn´t change, but I¨ll keep trying. Most people say they flare up and then the get better with gingko. There´s another, shorter thread with a summary:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=94005.0

In any case, it´s worth the try, I think. Even if it doesn´t work or worsens sxs, it won´t cause a setback, and everything should return to normal in a few days.

I'm on 900 MG split up over 3 doses... is that high?

I'm def not interested in starting anything new now.. I feel so betrayed by docs and everything. Good luck!

Sorry, I don´t know why I remembered 150 mg. Yes that´s sort of normal to high. Nobody can tell for sure if that would cause downregulation, but the chemical structure of gabapentin is very similar to that of natural GABA (hence the name), so it can certainly do something.

I made every possible mistake during my benzo use and WD, and still I¨m sure I´m healing (very slowly, but it´s happening). If you don´t take anything you´ll be fine. And of course, never ever again a benzo.  :D

Thank you Laudante.. im so scared. Ive only been on the Neurontin since Feb. 24.. is that a long time? If ength of time has anything to do with it...

I'm seeing so much back and forth info. People saying it was horrid and some saying it was great. I dont know what to believe.

Hello , this is the first time I'm come across this post!  I guess I'm a member of this " head pressure " club too! Like it or not!

I'm off Xanax 31 months today! I still have a lot of head pressure and vision trouble! I'm blaming it on my spinal stenosis ! But who knows anymore.....I don't think my stenosis is " bad" enough to cause these problems ....

It's a slight comfort to know I'm not the only one with this on going issue....I'm sorry for all of you going through this terrible sxs.

I hope it ends soon!

Does anyone have neck tightness in the front of neck ....could that be associated with the head pressures??

Thank you all ....little

Hello , this is the first time I'm come across this post!  I guess I'm a member of this " head pressure " club too! Like it or not!

I'm off Xanax 31 months today! I still have a lot of head pressure and vision trouble! I'm blaming it on my spinal stenosis ! But who knows anymore.....I don't think my stenosis is " bad" enough to cause these problems ....

It's a slight comfort to know I'm not the only one with this on going issue....I'm sorry for all of you going through this terrible sxs.

I hope it ends soon!

Does anyone have neck tightness in the front of neck ....could that be associated with the head pressures??

Thank you all ....little

little,

congratulations on being 31 months out. i am 32 months out. i still have pretty severe head pressure and other head symptoms. i also get the tightness in the neck and believe it is from the over all head pressure. i also get tight muscles in my rhomboid/shoulder where it literally feels like a force is pulling up my shoulder muscle. it hurts really bad. i also get this weird "whip" like sensation just once in awhile in my left rhomboid/shoulder muslce that really is excrutiating. feels like someone is snapping and ginat and very hot whip across my shoulder. i really think it's mostly all the withdrawal for you. sure hope all of this goes away at some point.

pretty

There could be a relationship between head pressure and muscle tightness, incuding of course the neck. In my case they always go up or down together. But I´ve never had any front-of-the-neck issues, it´s always the back.

I do sometimes feel trouble swallowing food and feels like the front of the neck muscle is spasming or pressing on the throat. I also feel stiffness at the back of my neck, when I turn my neck to the sides or in an up-down motion I hear weird light scratchy crunching noises as if the muscles are tearing apart inside, and I feel a direct pull on the scalp muscles, on the sides or at the top depending on the direction of my neck movement.

So, I definitely believe the neck muscle and the scalp muscles are both screwed up which cause the pressure and pulling on the head.

Can I ask you all....do you experience muscle pain and muscle tightness all day where it's so bad you want to go to ER....or I'm I a whimp......just don't see how you guys can do this pain.....everyday....

Ths is horrid......

TM

Is anyone getting actual nerve pain along the scalp areas. I am having tenderness to the touch in both my temple areas. Just touching them causes pain like a briuse. Chewing triggers it as well.. thanks for any replies.  cooperten

Hi Coop.....just wanted to let you know I get this scalp and temple pain....with the temple pain.....they are very tender to touch......chewing makes pain worse......sometimes it is followed with headache.....this symptom comes and goes....I for the life can't figure what triggers it.....due to teeth and jaw issues 24/7....I don't think it's TMJ  related since its not a everyday symptom for me......

Did you look in the mirror....Expecting a bruise or some kind of sore on temples....just asking cause when I get this symptom I catch my self looking in the mirror....at temples.....thinking I'll see something....so weird.....

It's another withdrawal symptom.....Hugs!TM

Thanks Terry...it's good to know . I am having problems in this wave with nausea and motion sickness as well ...this is a brutal wave.  Can't turn my head without a wave of nausea so I am wondering if it might be a recurrence of an ear condition.  Either way I will be so glad when it's over

You are sounding good these days.  You seem to have logged some good healing.  Happy to see that.. coop

This is what Dr. Ashton wrote about it.

Muscle symptoms. Benzodiazepines are efficient muscle relaxants and are used clinically for spastic conditions ranging from spinal cord disease or injury to the excruciating muscle spasms of tetanus or rabies. It is therefore not surprising that their discontinuation after long-term use is associated with a rebound increase in muscle tension. This rebound accounts for many of the symptoms observed in benzodiazepine withdrawal. Muscle stiffness affecting the limbs, back, neck and jaw are commonly reported, and the constant muscle tension probably accounts for the muscle pains which have a similar distribution. Headaches are usually of the "tension headache" type, due to contraction of muscles at the back of the neck, scalp and forehead - often described as a "tight band around the head". Pain in the jaw and teeth is probably due to involuntary jaw clenching, which often occurs unconsciously during sleep.

Hi everyone. I have read some of the posts on here, but it would take me a year to read them all! Lol! Good information.

I have a question. The last week, I have had a new symptom that is keeping me up at night. I have had a lot of vertigo throughout the day, but that is nothing new to me. It always went away at bedtime though. Now, I am woken up several times a night with head stuff. I will try to explain it, but it's weird. It's like I am being pulled on one side of my head. Like something is pulling me into the bed and I almost feel like I am crooked? Does tha make sense?? I also feel like I'm going to be dizzy. It's like my head is like cement. Also, my face feels weird. This keeps me up most of the night and it's scary!

Does anyone experience this?

Thanks. :)