Menstrual Support Group

Thank you ovulation. I wont miss you. Till I get hit with period time.

I don't get the duo periods per month but I get hit twice a month.. ovulation and period

Fortunately ovulation comes and goes in the space of days.

meh

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[bc...]

Hi smiff! What are your ovulation sx?? The only way I can tell is i get some mild cramping.

I get kinda like I do pre-period - some lack of sleep and extra anxiety. It goes after a couple of days but it always turns up without fail before I get other signs of ovulation having happened i.e mucous (sorry if that is a bit too much info  :D)

Thanks smiff, I will have to keep a closer eye on the anxiety and sleep issues around that time.

Well ladies my calendar says I'm due next Tuesday, but my body says any day now. Iam so extremely teary and negative today, the negative thoughts are just off the charts. Do you guys get like that too??

I don't know why but I respond in the opposite way. Estrogen calms me down and makes me sleepy and want to eat comfort foods. Progesterone stops my sleeping

And then the drop of both suck

[bc...]

Thanks smiff, I will have to keep a closer eye on the anxiety and sleep issues around that time.

Well ladies my calendar says I'm due next Tuesday, but my body says any day now. Iam so extremely teary and negative today, the negative thoughts are just off the charts. Do you guys get like that too??

my calendar says August 1st & Im extremely sensitive ( cry watching tv lol ) and much more anxiety & crap sleep - this all seems to fade after day 1 or 2 of my cycle

Ive also started to feel when Im ovulating and its strange bc in my 20's, 30's and early 40's I never did

Its strange  :crazy:

Brennan-- all my sx  start to fade after I start my cycle too. I am 39 and never noticed any ovulating sx  either until the last few years. Crazy hormones!

Hello Ladies - my body says I'm ovulating (now I can say mucous since Smifffy brought it up  >:D) so my period should start in 11 days according to my cycle app. But the last 2-3 months I've ovulated and then got my period in 2-3 days. I don't know what to do or think. I'm trying to avoid a tsunami and plan my drops around my cycle which I had no problem doing in the beginning of my taper. Now it's just a shit show. I'm supposed to drop tomorrow....but if I get my period then my worst day of the drop will also be the worst day of my period. That happened last month and it wasn't pretty. I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

[cc...]

Moo - did the doc day anything about it? Mine doesn't seem concerned.

Mine did an ultrasound and some cysts were found ( one ruptured a fee weeks back, which landed me in the ER). The obgyn did a check up ultrasound and seems not concerned ( two cysts were gone, a new one arose) but I have to do an overran cancer marker test to be sure I'm fine. She calls it " precaution".  :crazy:

It's not unusual for me to have cysts that come and go. I have a history of them and do regular exams.

My naturopath wants me on progesterone . I'm still in doubt about that and doing some more research.

Definitely do more research about progesterone before you take it Moo, because a naturopath really isn't the best person to be giving you hormonal treatment. They don't have access to the right medications (natural human hormones).

Please learn from my experiences, which basically resulted in me having to take valium. Of course my issues were menopausal, but my experience with using a naturopath to treat my menopause hormones was a disaster. Also the progesterone creams that naturopaths use are not regulated so you really have no idea what's actually in them, or how much progesterone you are really getting or not getting.

Progesterone needs to be treated with a lot of caution because it's not something that can just be used as a cure-all. There are benefits from using it, but there can also be very serious side effects if not used in correct balance with your estrogen, or if too much is used.

I'd suggest you have look on Amazon for some books written by Dr Elizabeth Vliet. She is a hormone expert and her books are very interesting. You could also have a read of the posts on the menopause support thread, because we have had interesting discussions about progesterone.

Hello Ladies - my body says I'm ovulating (now I can say mucous since Smifffy brought it up  >:D) so my period should start in 11 days according to my cycle app. But the last 2-3 months I've ovulated and then got my period in 2-3 days. I don't know what to do or think. I'm trying to avoid a tsunami and plan my drops around my cycle which I had no problem doing in the beginning of my taper. Now it's just a shit show. I'm supposed to drop tomorrow....but if I get my period then my worst day of the drop will also be the worst day of my period. That happened last month and it wasn't pretty. I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

I guess if it were me Kid and it happened again I'd ask for a few blood tests over the time - one at ovulation and then a few days later and then when the period hit - to see what was going on.

I can see why Moo's naturopath is suggesting prog. It is partly cause it is fashionable, and like that article says everyone seems to think it is calming too (I don't find it calming in w/d. I find estrogen calming in w/d but who the hell knows what is going on in w/d). Anywho, the other reason why the naturopath would be thinking that I guess is because after ovulation prog rises until it suddenly drops off - this drop off is a sign for menstruation. So the naturopath might be thinking there isn't enough prog, or too early drop of prog, so the body is getting the signal to menstruate.

Having said that I would be seeing an ob/gyn and be getting the tests to exactly know what is going on before taking anything, particularly prog. I take a teeny bit of estrogen. It worries me in truth, because I'm so young and I'd still like children and thus don't want things like endometriosis. But there are a few weeks in my cycle that I'd have trouble coping with without it. So I figure since the Dr is ok with it I'll take it whilst I'm tapering and then try to get rid of it as soon as possible. Prog is doubly tricky in w/d because it is partly cross tolerant to benzos. That is why everything thinks it is calming. It does increase GABA output - you will wanna see Perserverence's stuff on this probably. So some women experience progesterone w/d in a very similar way to benzo w/d (maybe why menstruation is so nasty in w/d because it is progesterone and estrogen w/d). What makes things more complicated is for some reason in benzo w/d prog seems to cause insomnia and not be overly relaxing. I have no idea why. All in all benzo w/d is a complicated business and hormones is doubly so.

Sooo.. I'd get tested by a professional over a few days and see what is going on  ;D

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen this month  :smitten: :smitten:

Kiddo- I'm not expert in tapering, but can you hold off on your drop until your period sx  ease up? Sorry hun, wish I had better advice--im not even tapering and I struggle every month so I feel for you.

[bc...]

I went ahead and made my drop today although my period is supposed to be here in a day or 2

I just can't seem to hold longer bc it's not helping.

So here's to moving on  :thumbsup:

[cc...]

I went ahead and made my drop today although my period is supposed to be here in a day or 2

I just can't seem to hold longer bc it's not helping.

So here's to moving on  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Jenny - thats what I thought too, maybe holding would help....but then I worried that I wouldn't get my period and that I'd be mad that I lost tapering days. Lol.  :laugh:

Smiff - I'm not going to pretend to understand to know ANYTHING about estrogen or progesterone....it's all very interesting though. I did do a little research last night on why women get double periods and it's align to what you are saying. Some people double the fun, some people lose the fun, like prettydaisy.

Brennan - you and I are going to have to batten down the hatches together. I decided to go ahead and drop too....if I wait to never have period symptoms I'll never make any progress in taper.

DP - thanks for the heads up with your experience. I'm too afraid to try anything in withdrawal anyway so I'm safe.  :crazy:  sorry you had to go through all that....sounds like a nightmare.

Moo - I have had many cysts over the years as well...the do usually resolve on their own. Hopefully you won't have any more trouble them.

Happy periods, my friends  >:D

[bc...]

Jenny - thats what I thought too, maybe holding would help....but then I worried that I wouldn't get my period and that I'd be mad that I lost tapering days. Lol.  :laugh:

Smiff - I'm not going to pretend to understand to know ANYTHING about estrogen or progesterone....it's all very interesting though. I did do a little research last night on why women get double periods and it's align to what you are saying. Some people double the fun, some people lose the fun, like prettydaisy.

Brennan - you and I are going to have to batten down the hatches together. I decided to go ahead and drop too....if I wait to never have period symptoms I'll never make any progress in taper.

DP - thanks for the heads up with your experience. I'm too afraid to try anything in withdrawal anyway so I'm safe.  :crazy:  sorry you had to go through all that....sounds like a nightmare.

Moo - I have had many cysts over the years as well...the do usually resolve on their own. Hopefully you won't have any more trouble them.

Happy periods, my friends  >:D

i figured theres no away around holding - Im always gonna be headed for more perid symptoms and if I do the math and holding cuts 10 days or 11 or 12 Im still gonna eventually have to cut during periods so yep batten down the hatches I am  :o

Some people double the fun, some people lose the fun, like prettydaisy.

i take the fun back because i'm still going through the same intense emotions every month. might as well have something to show for it. i don't want to be without the clout -- gotta have that clout man. ;):D

[bc...]

Good Friday Morning my cramps have arrived and I welcome them with my heating pad and laying in my Pj's All day :sick:

Now I'll see if sleep gets better to figure out if some of this nonsense is due to hormones

I like your attitude Brennan!  I always sleep better after my period comes. I am seriously confused by my body... I was having cramps, extremely moody and thought for sure I was getting my period-- so far nothing. Now it almost feels like I won't get a period this month, who knows?

[06...]