Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Menstrual Support Group

LDR-  I think we're on the same cycle this time around. Feels like I could be 2-3 days from my period, maybe a bit longer. Symptoms always increase around this time. And you've made a huge cut. When you get to the other side of this cut and your cycle you're bound to be feeling loads better.

I was also a klonopin user, total time on including taper was a year. I'm 7 months out now and it's still a bitch. But so glad I'm off. You're getting there! Are all your cuts 25%?

Peace2

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies!?!?

Where are you? I'm heading into my period, have to be based on symptoms. My brain is absolutely fried and I'm starting a new full time teaching job on Tuesday. Freaked out doesn't even begin to describe where I'm at. Help?

Peace2

LDR-  I think we're on the same cycle this time around. Feels like I could be 2-3 days from my period, maybe a bit longer. Symptoms always increase around this time. And you've made a huge cut. When you get to the other side of this cut and your cycle you're bound to be feeling loads better.

I was also a klonopin user, total time on including taper was a year. I'm 7 months out now and it's still a bitch. But so glad I'm off. You're getting there! Are all your cuts 25%?

Peace2

Hey Peace!

It does sound like we on the same cycle! :) I can't believe you tapered for a year, I am on month 5 and my patience is running thin. How is your cycle now vs. back when you were on k-pin? Different pms symptoms?

I cut 0.05mg from my dose every 2 weeks, and as I get lower into my taper that 0.05mg cut is a larger percentage of the total. So now it's a 25% cut. I got my meds made in capsule form at a compounding pharmacy, makes it easier not to worry about dry cutting and whatnot. I feel bad for my husband, I am like Jekyll and Hyde today.

Peace - I'm sorry you are getting your period....remember you are only freaking out because of the hormones. This happens every month. And every month you get through it. Getting back to work is going to be great. You are going to kill it!! Truly, Peace....you've got this. I promise. XO  :smitten:

LDR - sorry you find yourself here in the "sucks to be a woman" club. Feel free to whine, moan and cry here. Welcome!! Yes, your timing with your cut and your cycle may be a little painful....or maybe not. Who knows. How have you been feeling with your taper?

Thanks Kiddo! I hope you're seeing some relief from your awful wave. I'm thinking of you.

LDR- I was on k for a few weeks before I knew it was too sedating. I started dropping it right away with no idea about tapering or withdrawal. It was an awful 5 months and then I tried to jump from .125. It went badly. I reinstated and spent the next 6 months tapering off that .125. I am a sensitive lady. Kind of sucks. I have been told no drugs for me by 3 doctors now. I thought doctors looooved drugs - I wish there was a drug for this!!!! I'm working myself into a tizzy. I'll have to go meditate for a bit. OHmmm.

You seem to be weathering this much better than I did. I hope it's a smoother sea for you.

Peace2

Peace - I'm sorry you are getting your period....remember you are only freaking out because of the hormones. This happens every month. And every month you get through it. Getting back to work is going to be great. You are going to kill it!! Truly, Peace....you've got this. I promise. XO  :smitten:

LDR - sorry you find yourself here in the "sucks to be a woman" club. Feel free to whine, moan and cry here. Welcome!! Yes, your timing with your cut and your cycle may be a little painful....or maybe not. Who knows. How have you been feeling with your taper?

Hey Kiddo!

I will totally take you up on whining and moaning  :thumbsup: The taper has been a rollercoaster, some cuts are worse than others. I try to exercise to ease the benzofuckery. It's getting more difficult as I go lower in dose. On the bright side, this is the first time since I started taking klonopin that my boobs are only somewhat sore and not horribly sore for a week and a half before the period. So something good is happening - yay!

Ladies!?!?

Where are you? I'm heading into my period, have to be based on symptoms. My brain is absolutely fried and I'm starting a new full time teaching job on Tuesday. Freaked out doesn't even begin to describe where I'm at. Help?

Peace2

Peace, are you physically able to work out? If you can, even short bursts of intense cardio is really helpful. It's one of the only things that help snap me out of whatever mental state I am currently in. Good luck!

Hi LDF! Welcome :)

Peace-- the periods send me into a wave every month, it really messes with the hormones. I know your gonna do great at your new job, try not to stress too much. I know for me, I build things up in my mind and make it worse than it actually is. I just know your gonna be fine. Hugs my friend, jenny

jenny,

i wonder if that's why i've been in such a bad wave all this week even though i'm not bleeding still. ?? still having a cycle of sorts. ?

And I just started period number 3 in 6 weeks. Hooray  :tickedoff:! I am wondering how long this symptom is going to last - seems weird that my body would even be capable of that!!

jenny,

i wonder if that's why i've been in such a bad wave all this week even though i'm not bleeding still. ?? still having a cycle of sorts. ?

Pretty-- that very well could be! Remember a few weeks back you said you felt like you were gonna get your period??

jenny,

Pretty-- that very well could be! Remember a few weeks back you said you felt like you were gonna get your period??

i did?

i felt it again today. started having period cramps. nothing has come still. but the moods and emotions sure do change during this time every single month. from about the 14th - 18th it gets extremely bad and start having some suicidal ideation. mostly that i could snap when i don't really want to. and then it changes just like that to totally different and better thoughts and mood.

Hi Ladies :)

Hope you are all having an okay day or night where you are.

PD - I am at my worst mid cycle - days 12 to about 18 around ovulation are horrific. Which is where I am now sigh, I remember Parker's posts on this and she said when estrogen is high around that time it produces more glutamate which we cannot handle. Then about day 19 onwards progesterone overtakes the estrogen and we get some relief for a week or so.

Take care all.

Maa  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ladies :)

Thought there hadn't been much whining on here lately so dropping in to bring some misery!

My period is due in 3-4 days and I also swapped over to milk titration a few days ago so I am in double whammy hell at the moment  :'(

Crying and thinking my kids and hubby would be better off without this shell of a person I am right now.

Last month when I was on vacation I had no PMS whatsoever and was actually surprised when my period arrived as had no warning signs at all, this month c/t feeling.

Thinking of you all.

Hey MAA

Yes lets have a whinge together

I had planned to have a whine

Mine is the littler of the two torments: ovulation

Just lately it has been hitting me how the same it is to periods though thankfully quicker. First I get tired, then I get a hard stomach and pain, then I get wired and anxious for a bit.

lame

oh well

it will be over soon

then I can have a break before my period

Fun times

hang in there  :smitten:

Hang in there ladies! This shitstorm to will pass. Most men wouldn't be able to handle the w/d AND PMS. True benzo warriors on this thread!  :thumbsup:

Hi maa,

I'm a few days away from my period too, and iam feeling some serious PMS. The negative thoughts are relentless, then comes the crying, irritability and moodiness. My poor family has had to put up with a crazy person the last few days. I just cannot get any control over myself and its quite frustrating. I do not like feeling or acting this way, but its like I morph into this psychotic, moody, bi$%# and I cant stop it. Thanks for letting me vent ladies. I hope your all doing better than me. Oh, one positive is that my period did not come early this month.

Hi Smiff  :smitten:

LDR  :smitten:

Jenny - I am in a real bad way too - my kids are still home on summer break until next week and I am trying to hold it together for them. I wake up at 4am to the adrenaline surges and then anxiety depression etc all day  :'(

I am so sorry you are suffering too Jenny, this crap is so unfair! How can I have not even noticed my period arrive last month and yet this month it is slaying me.

Vent all you want Jenny. I will join you.

Thank you maa!! I get really bad insomnia before my period too. I've been having crappy sleep the last 3 nights which just adds to the irritability. Anyone else get insomnia before their period?? I hope we get our periods soon, so this will end soon for us. ((Hugs)) jenny

Hi all. Is there anyone else who feels much worse after their period starts? I used to have a looooooong, awful PMS and severe cramps during my taper, but my last 3 periods have been kinda "normal" with 1-2 day long PMS and manageable cramps. However on the first or second day of my period I get hit with deep, dark, suicidal depression and weird head symptoms every month. My deeply depressed state and the head symptoms last for about 7-10 days each month.

Anyone else has something similar?

Jenny, my insomnia is quite bad generally, but it's always a lot worse right before my period (usually 2-3 very bad nights before it starts).

Hi sinnerman,

Thanks for your reply about the insomnia. I get the depression before and a few days into my period, but not for the 7-10 days. I do get weird head sx though, it feels like my brain is revving or mildly vibrating. Hopefully others will chime in. Jenny

Jenny - I was just thinking about your beautiful face and here you are. Sorry, you are feeling poopy, periods are brutal in the land of w/d and recovery. I'm due in a week for my DOUBLE period  :-[

Sinnerman - my depression definitely spikes about a day before my period until day 3 of my period and I get a general uptick of all symptoms. I'm currently getting my period every two weeks so it's been tough. Last period was "late" instead of day 14 I got it day 17 so I'm hoping that there is something good happening there  :thumbsup:

Brennar - only a few days left and you'll feel better....hang on!  :sick:

MAA - I'm sorry you are struggling....are you seeing any improvements?  :-\

Morning All  :smitten:

Hope you are all surviving and getting some sleep!

Hi Kiddo - still very rough unfortunately, switching to the milk seems to have made my body think I made a big cut.  :'(  That plus PMS is not good.

I have had lots of support on the titration thread, other people saying the same thing happened to them when they switched over.  All we can do is move forward one day at a time right.  Once again I am feeling like the worst parent in the world right now.

Love to all  :smitten:

Hey ladies,

Have you tried taking Calcium+Vitamin D (they are usually a combo to help absorb one another). I found that it really helped my PMS in the past. Scientific studies also support that notion: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB122937831273108391

Just make sure not to take calcium around the same time as your benzo - it can block the absorption of the benzo (wait at least two hours).

Healing energies to you all.

[cd...]
4th day of period ~ Question? Am I feeling spacey and jittery b/c of hormones ~ or is my cut catching up with me?  One month Im ok-ish the next this  :'(

[51...]