Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Menstrual Support Group

[51...]

Responding to questions about when to get hormones tested

I waited a year after stopping benzos then did hormone testing and

found progesterone was extremely low so started replacement that

is helpful will continue with further replacement when needed

you can be progesterone deficient starting as early as your thirties

Has it helped you Dexter? Are you taking progesterone pills or cream?

According to my doc, I should be taking pills. I don't think I will do that while still in Wd and tapering.

Thanks.

Moo

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding when you ovulate, I believe it is about midway in your cycle. When I say "cycle", I am referring to the number of days from day one of your last period to day one if your next. For me, my cycle is typically 36-42 days, so for me it probably starts somewhere on day 17-21 for me. Someone with a 30(ish) day cycle might start on day 14-16 or so? That is merely a guess though :)

I think I used to be symptomatic during ovulation and not during my period, but the past few months I think its been more associated with my menstruation. Oh well, it'll all level out soon :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes, everyone :) You sure know how to make a girl feel welcome :) Anyways, take care and sleep well :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Hey All,

Came across this thread and had a few questions.  For those who have jumped, have you noticed any changes in your period?  During my taper, my w/d x/s always intensified from the beginning of ovulation to the end of my period.  Since jumping, my w/d x/s from ovulation to the end of my period have gotten even worse.  And since jumping, I can feel pain in my ovaries every time I ovulate, the flow has gotten heavier and the number of days my period lasts have gotten longer.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Could that mean that now that I don't have a benzo in my body anymore that my body is trying to adjust back to normal?  Can having a benzo in our system suppress the functions of our cycles?  The entire time I was taking the benzo my dr. prescribed, I never felt pain during ovulation, my flow was lighter and the days my period lasted were shorter.

Thanks.

Brunette  :smitten:

[51...]

Hi Brunette,

Yes, it can affect the function of our cycles. It affects our whole system.

So many women have revved up xs during their periods.

My overies hurt too. And I get more cysts.

My periods are longer and heavier too.

Well, at least the " normal " one I'm supposed to have.

I get extra ones now, which are about 4 days and not as heavy.

My normal period used to last about 5-6 days but now I counted 9 days a while back.

Sigh..... Just sigh..

I do think your body is trying to re adjust... :smitten:

Hey All,

Came across this thread and had a few questions.  For those who have jumped, have you noticed any changes in your period?  During my taper, my w/d x/s always intensified from the beginning of ovulation to the end of my period.  Since jumping, my w/d x/s from ovulation to the end of my period have gotten even worse.  And since jumping, I can feel pain in my ovaries every time I ovulate, the flow has gotten heavier and the number of days my period lasts have gotten longer.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Could that mean that now that I don't have a benzo in my body anymore that my body is trying to adjust back to normal?  Can having a benzo in our system suppress the functions of our cycles?  The entire time I was taking the benzo my dr. prescribed, I never felt pain during ovulation, my flow was lighter and the days my period lasted were shorter.

Thanks.

Brunette,

after i did this last cold turkey i started to bleed and have a period when it would wax and wane throughout tolerance wd. something happens differently when we jump off the benzo's. i also noticed that i had more of a discharge than before. it's like the benzo's hold in this energetic structure and when we're off them that structure falls apart but that's a good thing -- all the bad is coming out.

pretty

Mom of one: Yes the progesterone has definitely helped

I am taking promethium which is an oral pill

It has helped with sleep and feeling less anxious 

dexter,

do you mean prometrium? i put the contents of prometrium on my legs but i'm thinking about taking it orally at some point. so it does help you? what milligram do you take as i think it comes in 100 and 200 mg.

Hey All,

Thanks.

I get the pain in my ovaries too, never had it before benzos. I think our bodies are desperately trying to regulate and become normal again. We will get there :)

Pretty: Yes prometrium  that's what I meant spell check turned it into promethium

I started at 100mg and now on 200mg nightly

Pretty: Yes prometrium  that's what I meant spell check turned it into promethium

I started at 100mg and now on 200mg nightly

and it works good for you? you take it every day of the month? i am still only putting just the contents topically on my legs from days 12-25. i don't know if i will make anymore changes just yet until i am a bit better from the benzo symptoms.

[51...]

Will check it out.. Thank you!!!

So....yeah.....this about sums it up for me today.

http://i.imgur.com/IYhtP5j.png

But the good news is that I was 2 days "late" for my every two week cycle. So instead of getting my period in 14 days, I got it in 16 days  :thumbsup:  Livin' the Dream here people, livin' the dream.

So....yeah.....this about sums it up for me today.

http://i.imgur.com/IYhtP5j.png

But the good news is that I was 2 days "late" for my every two week cycle. So instead of getting my period in 14 days, I got it in 16 days  :thumbsup:  Livin' the Dream here people, livin' the dream.

:laugh:

Aahh so good

and true

I'm right there with you sister

Bleeding tears and well just bleeding

We are certainly living the dream sister.. And luck you cause you get 2x the dream living..

Hi kiddo! Yep, that picture pretty much sums it up! 2 days late huh, oh yeah living the dream kiddo, your living the dream :)

[51...]

Kiddo, I promised to let you know about my rest results.

My hormone levels are all fine ( prog, testosterone , estrogen etc)

My ovarian cancer marker test was good too!

The only thing that was weird was a very high TSH level ( thyroid) but my t3 and t4 were FINE.

So, that's weird. And I should not take any thyroid meds right now.

Also, my cortisol was pretty high. But that one, I chalk up too to the Wd xs.

It was done at 7 am, where the levels are naturally highest anyway and it's my worst time of day during Wd as well.

I had low vitamin D levels and a bit low iron.

Going to start taking some more D and trying fish oil again.

Also, I had the result of my food allergens test back. I'm to avoid cows milk, cheese, yoghurt etc.

Also some veggies , one type of nut, two fruits and some other things.

I switched to goats milk for my granola ( can't tolerate soy) which is high in vitamin D as well.

So, that's the end to that.

Will keep my TSH level check every month, it would not surprise me if it's lower next time.

And a other day higher again. At this point, it is Wd, I think...

I will be leaving the forum, due to some personal issues and a bit of drama here as well.

So, I will be checking in one or two more times and then I'm done.

I hope you will be well soon.

Wishing everybody a smooth ride and hope you will all find relief soon and feel better.

That's my wish for all you amazing women here.

Love,

Moo

[3c...]
Do any of you taper around your period? I make sure not to cut before a period when I know I am gonna get slammed usually on day 4-5.

Page - I always try to plan around it, but my cycle likes to surprise me lately so I've been caught a few times. Generally I don't cut until my cycle at least starts so by the time I hit my bad days 3-5 it's not also the worst day if my cycle.

I try to avoid cutting around my period. I still get slammed on my period though. I don't think that will stop till this all stops

Hi ladies,

I am new to the thread. I am two-three days from my period and made a cut on Friday, which revved up my w/d big time. I didn't put two and two together about the unfortunate timing of my upcoming period and the cut until today. Damn progesterone is at its lowest right now in the cycle, and I brilliantly dropped 25% of my benzo dose. So my CNS has been giving me the finger for the past 48 hrs. Just now things are started to ease up. Being a woman is a special treat :)

So while I was having a pity party for myself, and found this awesome thread. Looking forward to chatting with all of you as we grit our teeth and slay the beast.

-LDR

[9b...]