Menstrual Support Group

Kiddo- I just read your last post and started laughing out loud. It startled my husband so much he ran in from the next room and asked what happened.

You are a welcome guest at the hormone comedy club!

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[96...]

Hi ladies,

Well, been gone for a bit. My previous periods were coming on with horrendous xs rev ups, as some of you might remember.

This time around, it only was bad the the day before it started and the first day, after that, nothing more than the usual non period xs.

I was prepared for the worst.

I also,had two periods last month. After the last one and this one, there were 25 days.

I have no idea why...

( the should be a knock on wood emoticon , actually).

Wishing you all relief,

Moo

Geez ladies, looks like we are all in the same boat. I think we must all be connected somehow because I was doing the cry cry cry nobody likes me.. Cry cry cry I have no friends... Cry cry cry what's wrong with me.. I'm lonely... When will I be normal again. All day yesterday! Peace I've heard a few members that tried BC and did not have good results, it Wacked them out and they had to quit taking it. I think your psych is right once again the only answer is time. Mom-- sorry you've been getting 2 periods that is no fun, glad to hear from you though! Kiddo- you cracked me up too! Love u girls! Jenny

Cry, cry no birth control for me. Cry, cry again no quick fix. Cry, cry, cry. Kiddo if I wasn't now afraid of being treated with benzos off label, I'd meet y'all in the ER for some fluid replacement from all this damn crying.

I can't wait until the next two weeks fizzle up and I am back to melancholy and lightly emotionally numb. The things I look forward to!

Hugs, ladies. We'll get there.

Peace and Jenny - it's so pathetic isn't it? I'm actually laughing (a little manically) at the situation right now. As if withdrawal or recovery isn't enough. Then every month it's like a zombie apocalypse when are periods come. It's just so utterly ridiculous you can't help but laugh. Doomsday. Every month. Except for me.....I get to do it twice a month because I'm just THAT special. Someone shoot me directly in the face. Please.  :laugh:

Moo - so glad you cycle has somewhat adjusted itself. Maybe there is hope for us after all  :thumbsup:

:laugh: Yes Kid we all know you are THAT special

Congratulations Kiddo, you win the grand prize of... complete s/x meltdown twice a month accompanied with painful bleeding from ones private parts

Glad this time didn't hit you as hard Mooski. I've been let off relatively lightly last two times too. I don't know whether it is because I'm lower in dose, less in w/d or just lucky (and not Kiddo's type of lucky).

I'm feeling ovulation stressy now. Ovulation stressy isn't like period stressy. It isn't as much of a general uptick in symptoms. More like someone just turned the dial up on the body and mind (well that could be said for most benzo w/d but you get what I mean .. maybe)

Hooray to being female AND benzo w/d.. we are just so 'lucky' I could laugh (or cry)

Hi smiff! Just curious what are your ovulation sx versus mensrrual sx? For ovulation I get that dull achey pain, and for my period it is the obvious cramps.

Ok, Friends,

I am a fiddler, not the musical kind. I got in touch with my doctor about my hormonal drop and how it causes such depression for two weeks of my cycle. He suggested I try a combination of evening primrose oil, b6 and 5htp before condidering some kind of birth control.

What do you think of this idea?

Its definitely worth a try! If it helps then it would be a better route than the BC pills. Let us know if you try it and how it works for you. What is 5 htp? Not familiar with that one.

hi ladies!

i've been wanting to put up a new post about this for many months now but too embarrassed to do so and i really don't wish for the men to see the post so i thought i would ask all of you here on this support group.

i watch my diet very carefully and bascially don't really eat gluten, wheat, yeast, sugar and i've been on an anti-candida/paleo diet for over ten years really. but it's been about 4-5 months that i've been experiencing a discharge and what seems to be a yeast related discharge although not really sure and it's very annoying and uncomfortable.

i have a lot of pressure in that the pubic region area so i am wondering if it's happening because of that? i only had one night where it wasn't occuring. i don't know what to make of it? does anyone else have this? i did get some homeopath suppositories to combat yeast but haven't wanted to use them every night and i don't really like using a full on medication like monistat. and also, i am not really sure if it's yeast as it just maybe a discharge from all the pressure. hope someone can help me with this?

oh and jenny, the 5htp is an amino acid and chemical precursor as well as a metabolic intermediate in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin and melatonin from tryptophan. i took it when i was tapering and it seemed to help a lot. i am not taking anything right now except a little magnesium.

Hi Pretty,

Im not really sure about your sx. Obviously the discharge sounds like a yeast infection, I would think the homeopathic suppositories would help or the monistat. Im not familiar with the sx of candida, but do you think the pressure in your pubic area is from a candida overgrowth? I would say try to clear it up on your own and if it doesn't get any better you might have to go see your Gyno. Sorry I couldn't be much more help, hopefully some of the other ladies can chime in. Jenny

Hi Ladies,

Well I got my period today--exactly 1 week early. Im starting to think that Iam in perimeopause which is really depressing to me considering Im 39 and was hoping for another child. A few nights before my period starts I get night sweats, and the irritability before my period is insane--I feel like a crazy person! Its so hard to say for sure because a lot of the sx mimic w/d. When I looked up how a doctor diagnoses you it said they just ask a bunch of questions and base their diagnosis off of that, sometimes they will test you, but they aren't that accurate. They also said that the only treatment is going on BC or HRT. I just don't feel comfortable doing either of those things--pills just scare me now. They also suggested lifestyle changes like diet and exercise, but Iam already doing that, so I just don't know. Iam so tired of feeling like this every month, and there doesn't seem to be any answers. Anyone on this thread that's perimenopausal?? Thanks ladies! Jenny :smitten:

Hi Pretty,

I'm at a loss too. The only thing I can think to recommend is looking up the symptoms of vaginosis. It's a naturally occurring infection that can cause discharge and pressure.

Keep us posted  :smitten:

thanks jenny and kiddo,

i do think it's withdrawal related and from the pressure. it's got to be. the pressure is coming from all that my brain is doing because i have lot's of pressure it a lot of other parts of my body. i'm going to try to homeopath remedy first and see how that goes.

jenny, i really don't think you're perimenopausal just yet and i do think it's withdrawal related and will sort itself out eventually. just keep up a good diet and try to eat things that support hormones. if you can eat organic free range eggs that is supposed to help hormones and so is eating liver twice weekly. but i haven't been able to eat liver quite yet. i'm still waiting for my period to come back. i just have a feeling that it will once i balance out more. i got reallly slammed by this so i need more time. maybe you do too??  :)

Hi pretty,

Thank you so much for your reply you made me feel a little better. I really am hoping that all of this will go away in time. I'm having a hard time lately wondering if things that I'm feeling are w/d or something else. I know you have been in a bad wave and I hope you are feeling better. Yes pretty I think you may be right and we need more time. Jenny :smitten:

Hi pretty,

Thank you so much for your reply you made me feel a little better. I really am hoping that all of this will go away in time. I'm having a hard time lately wondering if things that I'm feeling are w/d or something else. I know you have been in a bad wave and I hope you are feeling better. Yes pretty I think you may be right and we need more time. Jenny :smitten:

last 2 days there has been a shift again. i sure hope i don't go back into a wave. do you know i was in a wave that lasted about 5 months? i've been jotting down my symptoms everyday and went over everything. i can't believe that. i sure hope that doesn't happen again.

Its just not fair pretty to have suffered that long! You are one tough as nails lady! Keep the faith pretty, its got to get better  :smitten:

Jenny- I've started taking evening primrose oil to help with all things hormonal. My sister and doctor both recommended it. You and I are about the same age. I think our bodies are mostly under a lot of withdrawal stress but I also think our hormones might be starting to do a natural shift. My sister said it's like pre peri menopause. I don't know. If it's really concerning, you could get your hormone levels checked. With all things benzo, time is probably the answer.

:smitten:

Peace2

Thanks peace! My mom suggested the primrose oil too, so maybe I will try it. I really do need to just go to the doctor, but I've developed a big fear or phobia of doctors now so it will be a full on panic attack to go and see one. Thanks again Peace  :smitten:

Hi Ladies  :)

May I join in please?

I am on a taper down from 6mg Valium which I took for 5 weeks.  I cut 1mg down in 2-3 weeks to 5mg.  Thought I was cruising and then got hit with c/t symptoms 36 hours ago - and guess what? My period just arrived about 10 minutes ago several days late.

Could this bad symptom rise be due to this and the sudden drop in of progesterone 1-2 days before it starts?

Did anyone have this while tapering benzos?

Thank you.

Maa  :smitten:

Hi MAA - of course you can join....the only pre-requisite is being a woman and having a period! Lol  :laugh:

We have all found ourselves with an increase in intensity to symptoms anywhere from a week

pre-cycle to a week post-cycle. It makes sense that hormones can rev up symptoms and it's certainly has proved true for all of us.

I don't know anything about Valium in particular, as I take Ativan, so I'm not sure if your cuts were too large or not. Hopefully someone else will chime in about that  :)

Welcome to the group that nobody want to be in because it sucks. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Hi Kiddo :)

Thank you for such a lovely welcome - I am glad I meet the requirements for entry  :laugh:

I look forward to getting to know everyone in the club that no-one wants to be in too :laugh:

I literally felt like my anxiety was getting to ER levels and then poof an hour ago AF arrives late.

I think I had a perfect storm of quick cuts and hormones - I will not be making that mistake again 8)

Thanks again.

Maa  :smitten:

MAA - that's so funny that you used the term "the perfect storm" that's exactly what I said last month when I got my cycle TWICE in one month.!!!! I always try and plan my taper around my cycle but the surprise period nearly killed me  :idiot: Day 4 of a cut is my worst day and thats the day I got my (2nd) period and I was not a pleasant person to be around  :laugh:

[96...]

MAA - that's so funny that you used the term "the perfect storm" that's exactly what I said last month when I got my cycle TWICE in one month.!!!! I always try and plan my taper around my cycle but the surprise period nearly killed me  :idiot: Day 4 of a cut is my worst day and thats the day I got my (2nd) period and I was not a pleasant person to be around  :laugh:

Ugh!

I had two last month as well, due to a ruptured cyst. All hormonal mess with the tapering.

Just got back from the check up ultrasound and only one of the complex other 3 cysts is still there but has shrunk. Which is such a relief! I don't need surgery right now!!

Not looking forward to the next one... But I try to remember that I " only" have about 12 more of these awful periods to go during tapering... And cross them off!

[53...]